Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Las Vegas show live updates - Saturday 6-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: November 8, 2021 22:44

The Vegas warm-up band was the weakest of the 3 shows I saw...STL and LA2 much much better.

Re: Las Vegas show live updates - Saturday 6-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: November 8, 2021 23:38

Great pictures, Bjornulf! Thank you! (Maneskin included)

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 9, 2021 01:06

I saw Blackberry smoke Friday nite at the Virginhotels they were great.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 9, 2021 02:52

BeastyBurdeny
JadedFaded
That Centra bar was LOUD. Somehow I did manage to find Daspy. Thanks so much for those CDs, Daspy! Sorry we couldn’t find the rest of you.

Great show again. My last for this tour. It was my #60 so that made it extra special for me.

It was nice to meet you after the show! Congrats on the 60!

Thx for the lucky dip pit ticket. I put it to good use. My friend has been removing the screaming b!tch from the recording.

Date: November 9, 2021 02:53

angee
daspyknows, thanks so much for the cds. So nice to meet and chat with you and a couple of cool co-conspirators even if it took us until the next day to come together, so to speak.

Agreed. Was nice to stay the extra day in Vegas. Just got home.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 9, 2021 03:38

daspyknows
angee
daspyknows, thanks so much for the cds. So nice to meet and chat with you and a couple of cool co-conspirators even if it took us until the next day to come together, so to speak.

Agreed. Was nice to stay the extra day in Vegas. Just got home.

Yes, wasn't it? I'm almost home, waiting for a shuttle from the airport.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 9, 2021 04:07

Passed this on drive to and from Vegas.

Trying to post a picture. Doing something wrong

[ibb.co]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-09 04:40 by daspyknows.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 9, 2021 06:26

ROCKMAN

Date: November 9, 2021 06:30

Thanks Rockman. Just outside of Barstow off of I-15

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 9, 2021 06:31

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 9, 2021 18:50

Got home late last night,,, what a great show and trip!

Had a fantastic time.. the show from Pit 1 was so good.
Getting in there with fellow hard member Cindy C was nothing short of epic cool smiley

Was great to see so many friends from the board and make a few new ones smileys with beer
Thanks for the cd's daspyknows.. fantastic stuff!

Last one of this tour for me.. looking forward to watching online and am already planning for Europe...

Date: November 9, 2021 21:13

Great meting MisterDDDD. Glad you like the tunes. See you in Europe.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 9, 2021 22:06

On my way out of town early Sunday morning, I saw a sign for “Ghost Town Cafe” as I was headed toward a Chevron gas station about 15 miles south of the Strip. Didn’t get a picture though.

I am looking forward to listening to Daspy’s recording of the show to hear if Sasha could be heard while she was out on the B stage with Mick. I was in pit 2 and she was barely audible there.

I was very happy to meet Daspy and BeastyBurdeny and sorry not to have met Mr DDDD (did your daughter use my GA ticket and what did she think of the show?) and Angee and any others.

Date: November 9, 2021 22:12

Thanks, JadedFaded...sorry to have missed you.

Sasha came in clear and strong for me in the back GA.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 9, 2021 22:32

MisterDDDD
Got home late last night,,, what a great show and trip!

Had a fantastic time.. the show from Pit 1 was so good.
Getting in there with fellow hard member Cindy C was nothing short of epic cool smiley

Was great to see so many friends from the board and make a few new ones smileys with beer
Thanks for the cd's daspyknows.. fantastic stuff!

Last one of this tour for me.. looking forward to watching online and am already planning for Europe...

ok i can't help it you all have me curious what where these great cds dapsy shared

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 9, 2021 22:40

Date: November 9, 2021 22:50

JadedFaded
On my way out of town early Sunday morning, I saw a sign for “Ghost Town Cafe” as I was headed toward a Chevron gas station about 15 miles south of the Strip. Didn’t get a picture though.

I am looking forward to listening to Daspy’s recording of the show to hear if Sasha could be heard while she was out on the B stage with Mick. I was in pit 2 and she was barely audible there.

I was very happy to meet Daspy and BeastyBurdeny and sorry not to have met Mr DDDD (did your daughter use my GA ticket and what did she think of the show?) and Angee and any others.

Sorry I missed you in Vegas... Jaded.
I had a group of four originally that we had planned on. I had gathered LD's and a pair of GA's for everyone, but ended up going solo after all due to commitments that came up for others. Passed the two GA's on at my cost to other fans here though. Had taken a screen shot of one of them prior, as I often do in case of bad connection at gate etc. which came in very handy after all tho.. winking smiley

Date: November 9, 2021 22:53

angee

Great seeing you again angee.. glad after the after show get together didn't work out we were able to meet up Sunday!
How was Santana?

Date: November 10, 2021 00:17

MisterDDDD
angee

Great seeing you again angee.. glad after the after show get together didn't work out we were able to meet up Sunday!
How was Santana?

So good seeing you and Cindy this time out, MisterDDDD, and hearing your pit story.
Santana, long on my bucket list, was fantastic! Highly recommended. Had first row/rail, standing between nice people I met in line, great vibe at the show. Thanks for asking.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 10, 2021 01:13

I think the Stones crowd was maybe a little too old (myself included) for appreciating Maneskin. They said they’ve been working with Iggy Pop. I think I have a Stooges album but haven’t listened to it in like 40 years.

Date: November 10, 2021 01:43

JadedFaded
I think the Stones crowd was maybe a little too old (myself included) for appreciating Maneskin. They said they’ve been working with Iggy Pop. I think I have a Stooges album but haven’t listened to it in like 40 years.

A couple songs were ok. Wasn't big on their schtick though. As far as Iggy goes, when I was in Birmingham England and saw a poster of him pitching auto insurance my thoughts on him changed.

I can think of some great up and coming bands that would fit so well, would be enjoyed by the fans and are more deserving of the opportunity. I really liked Lukas Nelson in NJ in 2019. The Ghost Hounds were ok but they seem to be the best of the bunch this tour.

Date: November 10, 2021 02:18

I think Bjornulf really liked Maneskin. Did I get that right, Bjornulf?

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-10 02:20 by angee.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 10, 2021 03:21

JadedFaded

There was some slight buzz here when they were on a late night show so I looked up their Roxy show and there was a sole resale ticket for 500$. While watching this all I could think of is if someone actually paid it and if they thought it was worth it. They didn't impress me but I was still glad to see them since the Stones tend to have the most generic openers. At least they got the crowd's attention whether they enjoyed it or not.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 10, 2021 05:27

daspyknows
BeastyBurdeny
JadedFaded
That Centra bar was LOUD. Somehow I did manage to find Daspy. Thanks so much for those CDs, Daspy! Sorry we couldn’t find the rest of you.

Great show again. My last for this tour. It was my #60 so that made it extra special for me.

Thx for the lucky dip pit ticket. I put it to good use. My friend has been removing the screaming b!tch from the recording.

Absolutely! I'm glad it was put to good use. Happy I got to hang out with you too. Thanks again smiling smiley

Date: November 10, 2021 05:37

BeastyBurdeny
daspyknows
BeastyBurdeny
JadedFaded

Absolutely! I'm glad it was put to good use. Happy I got to hang out with you too. Thanks again smiling smiley

Same here. Check your whatsapp.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 10, 2021 06:06

glimmerman
dnewton99
Thank you!.. I love to take vids if I am on the rail or the like.

Greetings D. Great job on the video shoot. Was nice to meet you for the ticket swap. Incidentally, Andrea changed her mind again and we both settled nicely into Pit 2.There was what you might call No Security.

High Or Low, here we go.

OMG I am so sorry for the hassle factor of that.. Glad you guys got where you wanted.

Date: November 10, 2021 06:20

I thought it was a great show with "Happy", "Honky Tonk Women", "19th Nervous Breakdown", "Rocks Off", and a great "Midnight Rambler." I was high up in the nosebleed section so the boomy, echoey sound was my doing -- but hey I had to pay for my son's ticket as well. Without him, I never would have went. It was very difficult to find our seats in this massive barn, but once we did, things got better. Yes, it was a great show indeed; however, it felt like 'Stones Lite" based on the last show I saw, which was Radio City Music Hall in 2006. The biggest gripe I have was the hot chick backup singer named Sasha. She was beautiful. She had great vocals. She had sexy moves. But she and Mick lacked the sleazy chemistry apparent when Lisa Fischer was there. (Thank you Millennials with all your brain-eating-mobile-phone mentality!) I missed Lisa Fischer, but I was happy that the Rolling Stones Corporation hadn't kicked Bernard Fowler's butt to the curb because I'm a huge fan of Bernard Fowler ever since I first heard him sing on "Changing Opinion" on Songs from Liquid Days. I hope that there is some kind of live document of this tour.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-10 06:35 by charlesbaudelaire.

Date: November 10, 2021 06:43

Rockman

You too spent the night in Barstow? How so? I stayed at the Motel6. I heard nothing but the high- and -low pitch screech and scruff and skrongk of the rusty oversized toy trains whistling and heaving and puffing and moaning in the distance. This went on until 3 am. Thank God that it stopped for at least three or four hours until it resumed at 7 am. The manager said that 'we are all used to it.' Truly, it was 'Death in Barstow'. Now I understand the meaning behind the song. If I must make this trip again, I will stay in Yermo (the real Ghost Town!) or even Victorville but never, ever, never Barstow. Perhaps having a rough night of sleep in Barstow is a rite of passage in some deviant sense of understanding?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-10 06:45 by charlesbaudelaire.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: November 10, 2021 08:08

northof49
mattleeuk
Honky Tonk Women from Vegas - Whole song filmed from Pit 1

video: [www.youtube.com]

Thanks Matt, that was excellent, both video AND audio. Got any more?

I have just uploaded a bunch... all filmed from my favourite spot.

Matt Lee's YouTube Channel

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: November 10, 2021 08:13

My favourite Mi-Mick yet and one of the most challenging to find the same spot!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home