Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Las Vegas show live updates - Saturday 6-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 7, 2021 20:33

It was fun to watch this show on youtube with everyone here last night - it was almost like being there!
Looking at the setlist again, it dawned on me there were no real surprises, and/or unique tunes that haven't been played yet at previous shows this tour.
I'm pretty sure that every show up to this point had one unique tune in the setlist - even the 18 song setlist in Dallas squeezed in You Got Me Rocking.
If Play With Fire or Moonlight Mile would have won the vote that would have solved the issue, but it was great to hear Ruby Tuesday again nevertheless.
Maybe the next few shows will provide more surprises, and would hope for sure that the last show in Florida being a relatively small venue will have at least a few unique tunes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-07 20:34 by Hairball.

Re: Las Vegas show live updates - Saturday 6-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 7, 2021 20:50

Full Show as streamed by DJ Gerry from Starlight Music :

[www.YouTube.com] , [iorr.org]

Re: Las Vegas - Saturday 6-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: November 7, 2021 21:06

Excellent picture capturing the full production of those amazing towering giant screens,
and very close to my perspective at L.A. # 1 though I was on the right side of the catwalk.

bye bye johnny

Chase Stevens

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 7, 2021 21:59

Hairball
It was fun to watch this show on youtube with everyone here last night - it was almost like being there!
Looking at the setlist again, it dawned on me there were no real surprises, and/or unique tunes that haven't been played yet at previous shows this tour.
I'm pretty sure that every show up to this point had one unique tune in the setlist - even the 18 song setlist in Dallas squeezed in You Got Me Rocking.
If Play With Fire or Moonlight Mile would have won the vote that would have solved the issue, but it was great to hear Ruby Tuesday again nevertheless.
Maybe the next few shows will provide more surprises, and would hope for sure that the last show in Florida being a relatively small venue will have at least a few unique tunes.

Hopefully regardless of the song vote they will pay rehearsed tracks like Play With Fire and Live With Me at some point during the next four shows.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: November 7, 2021 22:24

Wow!

GREAT videos dnewton99.

Good sound, they show just how great this band is live (still)!

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 7, 2021 23:31

Thank you!.. I love to take vids if I am on the rail or the like.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 7, 2021 23:44

great videos dnewton99, thanks from the other side of the world

Las Vegas - Saturday 6-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 8, 2021 00:21

Rolling Stones rock Allegiant in 1st Las Vegas show in 5 years

By Jason Bracelin
November 7, 2021

Chase Stevens

His body echoed his words, hips and lips synchronized like the hands of a clock — a clock he could turn back at will, seemingly.

“Don’t see the time flashin’ by,” Mick Jagger sang with young-dude vigor, as if time was just another one of his many sparkly jackets to be tossed aside when the mood struck — note: the mood strikes often.

The song was “Tumbling Dice,” a boogie-woogie bedhopper’s anthem, a gambling metaphor about never settling down — fits this city as snuggly as Jagger’s chinos, doesn’t it?

But it took on a new meaning as it roared from the stage at Allegiant Stadium on Saturday evening.

“Roll on!” a pair of backing singers exhorted as the song worked its way to an eruptive conclusion.

Rolling on — that’s what this night was all about.

“In 1962, we met this great drummer called Charlie Watts,” Jagger said by way of introducing the tune in question. “Since those days, we’ve never done a tour without him.”

And then he dedicated the band’s current “No Filter Tour” to his late friend.

It was the band’s second nod to Watts: before they began their 19-song, two-hour set, images of the drummer flashed on the quartet of massive video screens towering above the dark stage.

Once the Stones knifed into a show-opening “Street Fighting Man,” though, it was clear the band intended to honor their deceased bandmate the best way — maybe the only way — they knew how: by keeping the show going.

With Watts’ replacement Steve Jordan — all gold chains, sunglasses at night and steady-handed rhythmic oomph — locking in with bassist Darryl Jones and powering the band forward, the Stones acknowledged their age, playing some tunes that dated back fifty-plus years, while simultaneously defying it.

As with tours of the recent past, the centerpiece of the show has become an increasingly epic reading of “Midnight Rambler,” a sort of blues rock Sermon on the Mount that just seems to grow in scope, heft and aplomb with each passing year, now stretching well past the 10-minute mark.

It began with Jagger on harmonica, undulating like a cobra to a snake charmer’s flute, flanked by guitarist Ronnie Wood, leaning hard into his instrument, and fellow six-stringer Keith Richards playing from the back of his heels, all three of them clustered together in front of the drum riser like NFLers about to break huddle.

“Rambler” is built on repetition and disruption, the band conjuring a near hypnotic groove — “Don’t do that!” Jagger chants over and over at one point, as if he was attempting to put the audience in a trance — and then like flame to kerosene, the song ignites into a blazing finale of bellowed threats and two guitars howling as one.

When it’s over, you almost feel a little winded, like you’ve been running sprints in quicksand, such is the full-body pull of the thing.

Elsewhere, there were plenty of Stones staples: Richards taking the mic to give rough-around-the-edges voice to a pair of tunes (“Connection” and Happy”); Jagger strutting down the catwalk in the middle of the stadium with mouth puffed out like a locomotive’s cattle catcher; enough canonical rock ‘n’ roll cornerstones to fill a jukebox (“Sympathy for the Devil,” “Gimme Shelter,” “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction.” Top that for a show-closing trio of tunes. To borrow a line from Jagger: “You cain’t.”).

There were also a few twists: they played “Rocks Off” for the first time in Vegas since 2002; honored an online fan vote with a rendition of “Ruby Tuesday” (How did that beat out “Play with Fire,” though?) and put the hammer down on 1966 single “19th Nervous Breakdown,” which they hadn’t performed regularly on tour in over two decades.

Near the midway point of the show, the band aired a new tune, “Living in a Ghost Town,” written during the pandemic.

“We’re gonna do our lock-down song for you,” Jagger explained.

“Once this place was humming / And the air was full of drumming,” he sang on the reggae-informed slow-burner. “The sound of cymbals crashing / Glasses were all smashing / Trumpets were all screaming / Saxophones were blaring.”

And then those saxophones blared once more in song.

The Stones were back at it.

“Roll on!”

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Las Vegas - Saturday 6-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 8, 2021 00:26

Thank you for an incredible night in Las Vegas @RollingStones

[twitter.com]

Posted by: esqcjh ()
Date: November 8, 2021 00:56

Hey all...I see from one of the Jordan Samata pictures posted that both Keith and Ronnie are sitting down at the same time...what song was this during, not sure I ever saw this before.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 8, 2021 01:16

I think Keith takes some nitrous oxide/laughing gas before he goes on with his two tunes.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 8, 2021 01:24

triceratops
I think Keith takes some nitrous oxide/laughing gas before he goes on with his two tunes.

I always thought it was funny when he'd start his set by saying, "Alright, let's cut the crap, let's do this", I'm paraphrasing.

It's like Keith, what are you saying, it's been crap until you've stepped up to the mike?

Come on man! (Barack Obama exasperated voice).

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 8, 2021 02:18

esqcjh
Hey all...I see from one of the Jordan Samata pictures posted that both Keith and Ronnie are sitting down at the same time...what song was this during, not sure I ever saw this before.

Miss you, when Darryl was doing his solo ...(although, I didn't see any photo, it was on the video.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-08 02:19 by EddieByword.

Date: November 8, 2021 02:41

triceratops

Imagine if he mistakenly inhaled a big blast of helium before launching in to Connection...might actually be an improvement!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 8, 2021 02:44

I don't think so since he's already starting it at too high a note, then going downward an octave, I think.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: November 8, 2021 03:50

That was the longest dip line I have ever seen last night….I wondered if it was a Vegas oddity or if my other dip experiences were.

My dips were the worst I ever had as well. Lower bowl, straight back from the front of the stage.

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: November 8, 2021 04:23

kv2915
That was the longest dip line I have ever seen last night….I wondered if it was a Vegas oddity or if my other dip experiences were.

My dips were the worst I ever had as well. Lower bowl, straight back from the front of the stage.

We had lower back corners 25 rows up. I thought they were decent. Another sipper in line had comparable seats as us. I did see one older couple who seemed very unhappy with what they had drawn at the ticket office. For $35 I was happy to be anywhere.

One big gripe was the merch lines. I couldn't believe how many clueless idiots were taking their sweet time after waiting in line for 20+ minutes. Knowing your t-shirt size shouldn't be a difficult ask, and when there are 40 people waiting on you just MAYBE it's not the time to model designs for your significant other.

I'm not talking about a quick "hold up the shirt against yourself" to get an idea of size. I'm referring to the "How do I look in this?" morons trying things on. Some of the clowns were getting well deserved sarcastic applause when they left with their purchases.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: November 8, 2021 05:46

Honky Tonk Women from Vegas - Whole song filmed from Pit 1

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-08 05:47 by mattleeuk.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 8, 2021 05:47

EddieByword
esqcjh

Miss you, when Darryl was doing his solo ...(although, I didn't see any photo, it was on the video.......

Yes, they both sat during the bass solo, but earlier, I can’t remember during which song, Keith was sitting for a bit in front of the drum kit. I was surprised as I’d never seen him sit before during a show.

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: November 8, 2021 06:50

mattleeuk
Honky Tonk Women from Vegas - Whole song filmed from Pit 1

video: [www.youtube.com]

Thanks Matt, that was excellent, both video AND audio. Got any more?

Date: November 8, 2021 15:07

This was my first live show this tour. As comments from people at other shows indicated I much enjoyed "Ghost Town"--they are really getting a handle on playing it live. Loved this take on "Midnight Rambler" and Mick and Sasha's interaction on "Gimme Shelter," two great classic tunes. Could only hear the concert and see on the screens from the back of GA, different point of view than rail on the catwalk, (Chicago 2) second row front pit (Chicago 1) and second row side lower bowl (Denver) from 2019,

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 8, 2021 15:40

weinerdog
kv2915

We had lower back corners 25 rows up. I thought they were decent. Another sipper in line had comparable seats as us. I did see one older couple who seemed very unhappy with what they had drawn at the ticket office. For $35 I was happy to be anywhere.

There is no limit to hopelessness — my dip for Edinburgh 2018 turned out to be top tier, near the end row, limited view lol.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 8, 2021 17:24

JadedFaded
That Centra bar was LOUD. Somehow I did manage to find Daspy. Thanks so much for those CDs, Daspy! Sorry we couldn’t find the rest of you.

Great show again. My last for this tour. It was my #60 so that made it extra special for me.

It was nice to meet you after the show! Congrats on the 60!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 8, 2021 17:45

C

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 8, 2021 18:02

See these YouTube comments on the Stones Vegas show...Maneskin, Maneskin and Maneskin!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 8, 2021 18:18

No cock up on PIB this time. He listened to the sound carefully before stepping out. A wary intro though. As if he was afraid of another bum note.

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: November 8, 2021 18:26

dnewton99
Thank you!.. I love to take vids if I am on the rail or the like.

Greetings D. Great job on the video shoot. Was nice to meet you for the ticket swap. Incidentally, Andrea changed her mind again and we both settled nicely into Pit 2.There was what you might call No Security.

High Or Low, here we go.

Date: November 8, 2021 19:29

daspyknows, thanks so much for the cds. So nice to meet and chat with you and a couple of cool co-conspirators even if it took us until the next day to come together, so to speak.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 8, 2021 20:26

Måneskin was an interesting warmup act in Las Vegas.

They are an Italian band, but their name is Danish. Måneskin = Moonlight.

While brainstorming for a band name, Victoria De Angelis, the bass player, who is half Danish, was asked by her bandmates to toss out some Danish words, and they agreed on Måneskin ("moonlight"), although its meaning is not related to the band itself.

Måneskin in 2018; from left to right: Ethan Torchio, Victoria De Angelis, Damiano David and Thomas Raggi. (picture by Wikipedia):

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 8, 2021 21:07

I added a couple of Måneskin pictures - from their warmup performance. See the:

Las Vegas reports pages

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home