Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones & Company
Date: November 7, 2021 19:25

mickschix
Obviously this post was intending to attract attention...please VOID this thread!
That was definitely the intent of the author. Cute, ain’t he?

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: November 7, 2021 21:10

This already is happening. Funny for those laughing this off. There is zero difference, other than there are more actual members of the original band in dead & company

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 7, 2021 21:17

I'm laughing off the notion of "ensuring tours for decades to come" as if that's what anyone is looking for

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 7, 2021 22:51

No effing Way!!!!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 9, 2021 20:40

Kennedy
After seeing the increased popularity of Dead & Company over the past few years, and seeing what a viable new business model it is for the Grateful Dead members to transition into retirement while keeping the brand going……perhaps it’s time for Stones & Company.

Let’s face it, the original members just aren’t bringing it anymore on a consistent basis. New blood is needed, and this business model allows for a seamless transition to bring the Stones back to greatness.

Hear me out.

For starters, Lenny Kravitz would be a great replacement for Keith.

And Harry Styles was born to be the next “Mick” in Stones & Company.

Perfect way to introduce the Stones to a whole new generation, and musically, might even be better than the original band. This would ensure tours for decades to come, and it would be totally unnoticeable to most fans.

Who’s with me?

If you think a band as a brand... If you think the band is more important than the individuals who form the band... Then it may last with non ending in sight, if respecting the original sound and the roots...

Best example in mind : The Platters... This vocal group started in 1952.. The first members must be all dead, but it still acting, and it could be still acting in 2099

So, some band which do not rely on big egos, could still be acting in some centuries.. .

Fancy this: "The Royal Danish Orchestra is the oldest orchestra in the world and one of the most distinguished. Its first musicians were recruited in 1448 and there have been over 1000 members of the ensemble since".

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 9, 2021 21:03

Personally I would love to see a band with Matt Clifford, Sasha Allen and Karl Denson touring the Return Of The Living Dead soundtrack.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 16, 2021 02:42

So it’s settled. Appears to be unanimous support for the idea!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 16, 2021 02:53

dum dum dum and dummer. This mat be fine for people who have never seen the Stones but its just a cover band like D&C. I saw them NYE 2019 and it was a fun party but musically it was an approximation of the Grateful dead at 2/3 the speed.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 16, 2021 03:01

daspyknows
dum dum dum and dummer. This mat be fine for people who have never seen the Stones but its just a cover band like D&C. I saw them NYE 2019 and it was a fun party but musically it was an approximation of the Grateful dead at 2/3 the speed.

Good point. So, to top D&Co, our new S&Co needs to play songs at HALF the speed.

This is terrific feedback.

Anyone else getting goosebumps thinking about this???

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 16, 2021 15:17

Good thing you returned to confirm that you're just trying to get a rise out of people

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 16, 2021 17:25

I am a fan of both the Dead & The Stones and understand that music is what they all do and enjoy...and they will continue to play/tour in some form or fashion going foward. Yes, Dead & Co can be slow ...but I will go hear Weir as long as he keeps playing. Same for the Stones. I do John Meyer is a masterful guitar player. The Stones puzzle me at times...seems less like a Rock N' Roll show and more like a Broadway show at times with wardrobe changes (selection of shirts on stage seems a bit much), the same lines (Good to be hear/anywhere) and the follow the script for the last 3/4 of the show. But the Stones usually have stuck to the same set list over the years. Hope Europe gets some arena or club shows but that seems unlikely...stadium shows have been the norm as of late. Both bands charge a steep price for great seats with Tickmaster taking a big chunk. The Dead used to be the best at getting tickets into their fans hands directly. Stones do a good job with LD's...but would like to do away w/ TM and their hefty fees & faulty website where you put tickets in cart but it wont take your cc that you have previously used..to buy tickets from them. Oh, I stand corrected. It would take my card ...but only when I clicked on two pit tickets for the Hard Rock at $5K each!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home