Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT, Amsterdam and Groningen
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 3, 2021 16:28

Hi everybody!
Wondering what many place could you check out in Amsterdam and Groningen this week. I mean gigs, good bars and related Stones things,
Thanks in advance!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Re: OT, Amsterdam and Groningen
Date: November 3, 2021 17:03

The Waterhole in Amsterdam is good.

For Groningen, ErwinH should be able to provide the sweet spots smiling smiley

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: November 3, 2021 17:15

Hi Carlitos,

This fridaynight I will be in Amsterdam, for a huge (dutch) concert-party in Ziggo Dome. And yes, to see a small gig the Waterhole is cool. And.. Paradiso of course, and the Melkweg. Larger shows at the Ziggo Dome.

Groningen, I can give you names of some cool pubs and clubs with live music.
This saturday we have the Take Root festival ("past, present & upcoming American music"), from 4pm until midnight.
I will send you an email with details of pubs/clubs.

Hope you will have a great time, and maybe see you here!

Erwin

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 17:35 by ErwinH.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 3, 2021 18:54

Awesome if you can tell me those names please. And some food places at both cities. Going on Saturday to Takeroot festival.

Carlitos

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 3, 2021 18:57

Amsterdam - The Record Palace, 2 bars De Wildeman and Beer Temple. If you like hamburgers try Burger Bar. There's an overload of great things to see and do there. Have a great time!

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: November 3, 2021 21:09

Jan at the Record Palace is a real gent and generally has plenty of Stones vinyl. If you like Argentine Steak houses, they’re rare in Amsterdam but you may find one or two smiling smileyThe old railway station is GREAT for food too.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 3, 2021 21:13

Roll over to Utrecht and check out the barges with the red lights.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 4, 2021 03:18

carlitosbaez
Awesome if you can tell me those names please. And some food places at both cities. Going on Saturday to Takeroot festival.

Carlitos

You won't regret going to an Indonesian restaurant and have a "rijsttafel". [www.eatingeurope.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 4, 2021 07:28

Koen
carlitosbaez

Carlitos

You won't regret going to an Indonesian restaurant and have a "rijsttafel". [www.eatingeurope.com]

That's what I would recommend if you have a small group, maybe two people would do. Little Prince Thai restaurant near the Red Light District is good. I like Cafe 420 for Nepalese hash. The Leidseplein for just hanging out and people watching. I haven't been able to get back for a decade, but it changes all the time. MOAZ falafels are good. It's such a wonderful place. When this F-ING pandemic clears I want to get back there.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 4, 2021 12:39

Chinese & Oriental Restaurant: Try this one:-

New Season, Warmoesstraat 39, 1012 HV Amsterdam, between Dam Square and Central Station, near Oude Kerk (Old Church).

My best advice after (and since) 48 years.

Tripadvisor: [www.tripadvisor.com]

d.f

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 4, 2021 16:23

Café de Klos in Amsterdam serve the most fantastic ribs. Nice old fashioned brown bar with good beer and wine. They also do steaks, baked potatoes, etc., but I went there to try the ribs and I wasn't disappointed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home