Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ted Lasso
Posted by: Amyl Nitrate ()
Date: November 3, 2021 04:06

I'm surprised this hasn't already been mentioned: Ted Lasso, a U.S. comedy series (on Apple TV) set in the U.K., has a bunch of Stones references including an episode based around "She's A Rainbow". Another episode plays "Yesterday's Papers" and another mentions Mick & Keith. It's a fun show and Jason Sudeikis (Ted) must be a big fan; he even mentioned the Stones in his recent Saturday Night Live monologue.

Re: Ted Lasso
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 3, 2021 04:20

The episode that ended with She's A Rainbow gave me the biggest smile on my face. Pretty standard for that show, but just loved seeing the Stones show up there and have such a central role, especially with that song.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 3, 2021 20:15

If I recall, he made a reference to "Wild Horses Couldn't Drag Me Away" on an episode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 20:15 by ryanpow.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 4, 2021 02:20

Amyl Nitrate
I'm surprised this hasn't already been mentioned: Ted Lasso, a U.S. comedy series (on Apple TV) set in the U.K., has a bunch of Stones references including an episode based around "She's A Rainbow". Another episode plays "Yesterday's Papers" and another mentions Mick & Keith. It's a fun show and Jason Sudeikis (Ted) must be a big fan; he even mentioned the Stones in his recent Saturday Night Live monologue.

Jason's last show as a cast member on SNL was in 2012 that Mick hosted, which was also Kristin Wiig's last show. They made a big deal out of it being her last episode but nothing for him unfortunately. Always thought he was funny although I haven't seen Ted Lasso.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 4, 2021 03:13

We enjoyed watching it, lots of clever and hidden jokes throughout the whole series. The Gilbert O'Sullivan episode was very well done.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 4, 2021 13:57

best new show on TV....no doubt and yes....Stones references are on there....the Shes a Rainbow episode was one of the best.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 4, 2021 20:53

Great show. Love it.

Posted by: JessForte ()
Date: November 5, 2021 19:36

This show combines my 2 favourite things. Stones music, and Jason Sudeikis, who looks like the long lost twin of my fiancé. We capitalized on his likeness for Halloween this year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home