Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Dallas show live updates - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: November 4, 2021 21:43

Rocktiludrop
Bjorn
I listen to almost everything from every show - bits of most of the songs anyway. But never, never Miss You. Sorry, just not my cup of tea anymore... cool smiley

Same here, listened to it on the Hal Ashby VHS tape years ago from the 81 tour, hated it and always skip through it, absolutely can't stand 30 seconds of Miss You, Micks obsessed with it, its his chance to be a Redcoat i guess, audience participation time, it's that great old working class image born out of insecurity, gauging a song by a clap-o-meter

I haven't been a big fan of Miss You for a long time now, either. Yes, Mick clearly does love that song, so we shouldn't expect for it to be "cycled out" of setlists.

Here's my way of still appreciating it, though... or appreciating part of it, at least. The 1970s saw the birth of disco and punk, but was the decade funk exploded as well. I've always enjoyed the funky bass in Miss You... that's the part of it I've never tired of. And when Darryl took over on bass, it just got funkier.

The Miss You bass solo has become Darryl's biggest moment in the spotlight during concerts, in fact... and I do enjoy that. I think Mick's not going to drop it from shows for that reason, too: Darryl deserves to be featured.

And now with the addition of Steve as the other half of the rhythm section, Darryl's already funky Miss You bass just got even funkier. It was fun before, and just got a little bit more fun.

All told, I'm okay with it staying in. And I'm glad there's an element of it I like, because Miss You's not going anywhere.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Re: Dallas show live updates - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 4, 2021 21:57

TheBluesHadaBaby
Rocktiludrop
Bjorn
I listen to almost everything from every show - bits of most of the songs anyway. But never, never Miss You. Sorry, just not my cup of tea anymore... cool smiley

Same here, listened to it on the Hal Ashby VHS tape years ago from the 81 tour, hated it and always skip through it, absolutely can't stand 30 seconds of Miss You, Micks obsessed with it, its his chance to be a Redcoat i guess, audience participation time, it's that great old working class image born out of insecurity, gauging a song by a clap-o-meter

I haven't been a big fan of Miss You for a long time now, either. Yes, Mick clearly does love that song, so we shouldn't expect for it to be "cycled out" of setlists.

Here's my way of still appreciating it, though... or appreciating part of it, at least. The 1970s saw the birth of disco and punk, but was the decade funk exploded as well. I've always enjoyed the funky bass in Miss You... that's the part of it I've never tired of. And when Darryl took over on bass, it just got funkier.

The Miss You bass solo has become Darryl's biggest moment in the spotlight during concerts, in fact... and I do enjoy that. I think Mick's not going to drop it from shows for that reason, too: Darryl deserves to be featured.

And now with the addition of Steve as the other half of the rhythm section, Darryl's already funky Miss You bass just got even funkier. It was fun before, and just got a little bit more fun.

All told, I'm okay with it staying in. And I'm glad there's an element of it I like, because Miss You's not going anywhere.

What I like about this song: it's got a jazzy style. Especially after Darryl's solo, when Tim and Karl are trading licks, that's really wonderful. They should have some more time at that spot, really.

Then - the number of live-streams you can choose from rises usually.

Last, but not least: the ladies love it. grinning smiley

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: November 4, 2021 22:00

Green Lady
That is a beautiful Slipping Away to brighten up a nasty cold wet night

(and I like Ronnie's Diamond Geezer hat too).

I like Ronnie's choice of wet weather headgear, too... for the health scare-surviving gentleman of a certain age. He looks sharp.

So sharp in fact that I suspect he had Charlie counseling him on hat buying.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 4, 2021 22:37

It's notable how lethargic nowadays crowds seem to be. You don't see anyone moving at all [youtu.be]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 4, 2021 22:48

i love miss you but like everyone would love to see more rarer songs played so how about they swap out miss you for too much blood maybe not everyones favorite tune but could take on a new form when adapted for the stage

keith could still have his break

they could work in a bass solo for darryl

and mick could still have some audience participation with them screaming and shouting too much blood back at him

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 4, 2021 23:04

Hey yeah Tooooooo Much Blood would be wild .....

but guess they run the risk of some dude smugglin a chain-saw into the show

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: November 5, 2021 00:10

I think Keith when he was younger would have tried to tune the string while the song was going, or tried not to hit it while playing, but at his age I think it's understandable if he just keeps on playing like nothing happened.

Nowadays most guitarists have a tuner pedal on their pedalboard, so they can mute their guitar briefly while tuning it. But Keith is old-school and doesn't have a pedalboard in front of him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-05 00:11 by RaiseTheKnife.

Date: November 5, 2021 00:35

Rockman

and chasing mick around the stage while he screams too much blood over and over again

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: November 5, 2021 00:58

ProfessorWolf
Rockman

and chasing mick around the stage while he screams too much blood over and over again
Hey .Enough. stop it. Enjoy. Suck in the moments . It could be the last ya see USA. x

Date: November 5, 2021 01:31

.... We are ... but we need a little more action ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 5, 2021 02:12

It's valid to bring this up because it was on TV. Since JFK junior didn't reveal himself at the concert they modified their theory and Keith has come into focus [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 5, 2021 05:18

Rocktiludrop
Bjorn

Jeez, what a crap (sick actually). Because one doesn't like one particular song, one postulates any king of pseudo-psychological shit against a Rolling Stones member and seemingly thinks any person who might dig the song - there are usually a stadium full of them - are idiots. I guess it must be hard for the world's biggest hardcore fan of Keith Richards (hi Mark Chapman!) to enjoy the Rolling Stones.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-05 05:54 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 5, 2021 10:54

Doxa
Rocktiludrop
Bjorn

Jeez, what a crap (sick actually). Because one doesn't like one particular song, one postulates any king of pseudo-psychological shit against a Rolling Stones member and seemingly thinks any person who might dig the song - there are usually a stadium full of them - are idiots. I guess it must be hard for the world's biggest hardcore fan of Keith Richards (hi Mark Chapman!) to enjoy the Rolling Stones.

- Doxa

You're such a Drama Queen, try to calm down its only rock and roll

I don't have a problem with people liking Miss You or voicing that they love hearing it, so why should it be a problem for me to say I'm done with it, i love all the rest of the setlists this tour.

There are so many other songs that could be played, like Rockman just suggested, Too Much Blood would be fantastic.
Try to chill out man, we were having a discussion and many posters agree with me, I'm not the first in this thread or others to show my disapproval of Miss You.

If you enjoy hearing it every show I'm happy for you, i happen to dislike it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-05 11:00 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 5, 2021 11:19

RaiseTheKnife
I think Keith when he was younger would have tried to tune the string while the song was going, or tried not to hit it while playing, but at his age I think it's understandable if he just keeps on playing like nothing happened.

Nowadays most guitarists have a tuner pedal on their pedalboard, so they can mute their guitar briefly while tuning it. But Keith is old-school and doesn't have a pedalboard in front of him.

But do most guitarists have to change guitar as many times as Keith, and like how many hundreds of times does he change guitar and it's tuned perfectly, it's just one mistake.

Personally i think he should have halted the song and started again with a different guitar, (if possible ?) or tuned it, but that would stop the momentum of the show, you can't get it right every time and Keith's intros are huge, he goes straight in at full volume and it's all or nothing, he dies on his sword or delivers a spine chilling shot of adrenalin. It is what it is.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 5, 2021 13:45

Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop
Bjorn

- Doxa

You're such a Drama Queen, try to calm down its only rock and roll

I don't have a problem with people liking Miss You or voicing that they love hearing it, so why should it be a problem for me to say I'm done with it, i love all the rest of the setlists this tour.

There are so many other songs that could be played, like Rockman just suggested, Too Much Blood would be fantastic.
Try to chill out man, we were having a discussion and many posters agree with me, I'm not the first in this thread or others to show my disapproval of Miss You.

If you enjoy hearing it every show I'm happy for you, i happen to dislike it.

Nothing to do with liking or disliking Miss you - it was all the pop psychology about Mick's reasons for singing it that I didn't like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-05 13:48 by Green Lady.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 5, 2021 14:52

time is right for too much blood to pop up in song vote! i'd luuuv to hear that
such an underrated song

Date: November 5, 2021 21:58

and it be a great lead in for rambler think about it nearly 30mins of music about psychopathic serial killers followed by sympathy for the devil

(i could do without paint it black)

Posted by: StonesLO ()
Date: November 6, 2021 00:33

Enjoying the slight variations in the set list, be good to see something from A Bigger Bang come in future too....

Not the best performance I've seen so far but having followed the tour on YouTube through the excellent videos it's still good. Mick swears a lot more these days I notice though which doesn't suit him at all!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: November 6, 2021 00:41

There were flubs and missed cues. But damn - they worked so very hard. I was in Pit #1 and it was obvious they gave it their all. It was cold, wet and windy. But you wouldn't know it by their demeanor. I have NEVER been so impressed by the Rolling Stones. And now it's on to Atlanta and hopefully London in 2022.

Does anyone have good audio for Dallas?
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 10, 2021 23:21

I can mix my own, but …,,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-10 23:25 by midimannz.

Date: November 11, 2021 08:40

they worked so very hard. I was in Pit #1 and it was obvious they gave it their all. It was cold, wet and windy.

Hey Thats cool ta read Shawn ......

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1301
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home