Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Dallas show live updates - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 3, 2021 23:34

Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
Green Lady
Green Lady
Have a great time. I will not be around tonight due to unforeseen circumstances so good luck with the links!

The "unforeseen circumstances" were tripping up.and falling flat on my face in my High Street, followed by a night in the local hospital Accident and Emergency department. I have two lovely black eyes and a broken nose, and look like a candidate for the Black and Blue cover, but there is no serious permanent damage and I am coming home tonight. Thank God for the NHS!

Oh dear that sounds horrible. Wishing you a speedy recovery

+1 hoping you get better soon Green Lady .

Ouch! Sorry to hear... you were missed, but not a lot of great feeds last night.
Vegas no doubt will be a different story smileys with beer

Re: Dallas show live updates - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 3, 2021 23:44

Keith on Fire here.

JJF
[m.youtube.com]

Start Me Up
[m.youtube.com]

19th Nervous Breakdown
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-04 00:09 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 3, 2021 23:55

Rocktiludrop
Keith on Fire here.

Start Me Up

[m.youtube.com]

Jeeez, it's not only Keith on that stage! Good version, but I see others who are on fire, too.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: November 4, 2021 00:00

waterrats
As for accidents - these things just happen.

As for last night's gig - Keith's guitar should have been re-checked just before they came to play PIB. It's really out of tune.

But then again: such things just happen.

I guess Keith has now forgotten how to tune his own guitar "that's someone else's job!". smileys with beer

Date: November 4, 2021 00:01

retired_dog
Rocktiludrop
Keith on Fire here.

Start Me Up

[m.youtube.com]

Jeeez, it's not only Keith on that stage! Good version, but I see others who are on fire, too.

Yeah but worth a mention as Keith's getting bashed for an out of tune guitar on PIB, i thought Ronies solo was a bit flimsy, Mick great though considering he's hampered by puddles.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 4, 2021 00:06

RaiseTheKnife
waterrats

As for last night's gig - Keith's guitar should have been re-checked just before they came to play PIB. It's really out of tune.

I guess Keith has now forgotten how to tune his own guitar "that's someone else's job!". smileys with beer

That's not exactly what I had in mind in this context.

I think, even the Stones and their entourage are only humans and sometimes, odd circumstances lead to results nobody has expected. Like mistuned G-strings for example.

I know guitars. Even if perfectly tuned, when entering the stage, things can happen...

It's live and it's Rock'n'Roll and thus it's not sterile perfect all the time. I love it! grinning smiley

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 4, 2021 00:21

Did the intense humidity play a role in the tuning?
It happened to me with my guitar and it wasn't nice at all!
However when you play underwater and in the cold strange things always happen it's really hard to be precise in those conditions and the Stones are not a precise band by nature.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 4, 2021 00:49

Come on, it's not the first time Keith messes up an intro or a solo. It's an integral part of the show nowadays. I'm more worried about the overall sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-04 00:53 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 4, 2021 01:17

When I first saw it, the whole point of the stage design seemed to be prepared for a rainy show

Date: November 4, 2021 01:45

Well, I got friggen soaked and the rain was cold.

What a mess....

Heartbreaker was awesome. Best song so far from the songs not part of the regular set list.

Ghost Town is getting better and I am starting to like it. Definitely fits in better than Doom & Gloom did but still slows down the momentum of the show.

DDDD They are putting me at the Excaliber. I hate this hotel but hey someone else is paying for the trip.

I'll try to meet up.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 4, 2021 02:47

waterrats
RaiseTheKnife
waterrats

I think, even the Stones and their entourage are only humans and sometimes, odd circumstances lead to results nobody has expected. Like mistuned G-strings for example.

I know guitars. Even if perfectly tuned, when entering the stage, things can happen...

It's live and it's Rock'n'Roll and thus it's not sterile perfect all the time. I love it! grinning smiley

Any G-string is fine by me

Rod

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 4, 2021 06:02

retired_dog
portlandphil
Just 18 songs tonight?

Yes. On the plus side, they're discussing a partial refund or a free high-quality download of "Around & Around" from the tour rehearsals for Dallas ticket holders right now.
huheye popping smileyconfused smiley
are you joking or are you serious cause i'd love to hear around and around from the rehearsalsgrinning smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 4, 2021 06:15

bitusa2012
waterrats
RaiseTheKnife
waterrats

Any G-string is fine by me

hot smiley I hope you get a show down there. hot smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 4, 2021 06:19

Adding my good wishes to Green Lady for a speedy recovery. Glad it wasn't even worse and you will rise to rock again.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 4, 2021 13:24

Rocktiludrop
Really nice slipping away, is Keith's voice getting better as he gets older ??

This isn't perfection, I'd like to think it's better than that.

Slipping Away

[m.youtube.com]

That is a beautiful Slipping Away to brighten up a nasty cold wet night (and I like Ronnie's Diamond Geezer hat too).

Taking time off to watch the videos. Thanks for all the good wishes. See you in Vegas, I hope.

Date: November 4, 2021 13:32

Green Lady
Rocktiludrop
Really nice slipping away, is Keith's voice getting better as he gets older ??

This isn't perfection, I'd like to think it's better than that.

Slipping Away

[m.youtube.com]

That is a beautiful Slipping Away to brighten up a nasty cold wet night (and I like Ronnie's Diamond Geezer hat too).

Taking time off to watch the videos. Thanks for all the good wishes. See you in Vegas, I hope.

So good to hear you are alright , hope you recover in time for Vegas, take care of yourself.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 4, 2021 14:01

I listen to almost everything from every show - bits of most of the songs anyway. But never, never Miss You. Sorry, just not my cup of tea anymore... cool smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 4, 2021 14:22

RaiseTheKnife
waterrats

A tiny bit out of tune, but who cares? It's live and honest smileys with beer
I'm sure Keith knows very well how to tune guitars. I don't think people like Pierre are staying in his house in CT to tune his guitars all the time. And you know that too grinning smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 4, 2021 15:06

ProfessorWolf
retired_dog
portlandphil
Just 18 songs tonight?

Yes. On the plus side, they're discussing a partial refund or a free high-quality download of "Around & Around" from the tour rehearsals for Dallas ticket holders right now.
are you joking or are you serious cause i'd love to hear around and around from the rehearsalsgrinning smiley

Sorry, it was just a nasty little joke... The Stones never gave any refunds in case of shortened shows!

Date: November 4, 2021 16:05

Bjorn
I listen to almost everything from every show - bits of most of the songs anyway. But never, never Miss You. Sorry, just not my cup of tea anymore... cool smiley

Same here, listened to it on the Hal Ashby VHS tape years ago from the 81 tour, hated it and always skip through it, absolutely can't stand 30 seconds of Miss You, Micks obsessed with it, its his chance to be a Redcoat i guess, audience participation time, it's that great old working class image born out of insecurity, gauging a song by a clap-o-meter

Dallas - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 4, 2021 16:18

A Dallas museum was closed for the day. Then Mick Jagger knocked on the door

The Rolling Stones front man has been the toast of Dallas this week.

Ryan Osborne, Hannah Davis
November 3, 2021

DALLAS — Jennifer Monet Cowley was working at the African-American Museum of Dallas on Monday, hanging an exhibit, when she heard a knock on the front door. It was an older man with a British accent, curious to get a look inside.

"Is the museum closed today?" he asked.

It was, the employees told him, as it is every Monday. But this time, they made an exception.

Sometimes it helps to be Mick Jagger.

The Rolling Stones front man was already the toast of Dallas this week. Not only did the Stones rock a rainy Cotton Bowl on Tuesday night, Jagger made a point to see the city ahead of his show, posting several pictures on social media. One of those pictures was from the African-American Museum near the Cotton Bowl in Fair Park.

The story behind Jagger's museum visit is even cooler.

When Jagger arrived, he was wearing a mask, but one employee, Charka Jones, suspected it was him. Then he pulled his mask down and gave a smirk. That's when Jones knew for sure.

Jagger introduced himself to Cowley as "Mick," and Cowley even thought he looked like Jagger. But no way, right? It couldn't be the Mick, could it?

"My immediate thought was, 'He looks just like Mick Jagger,'" Cowley said. "But was like, 'No, that cannot be.'"

Cowley took Jagger on a tour, and Jagger kept smiling. So Cowley asked him, "What did you say your name was again?

"Mick," he said, and that's when it hit Cowley.

If that moment wasn't surreal enough, Cowley, a local artist and fashion designer, offered Jagger and his team custom shirts.

Jagger's gift in return? He said he'd connect Cowley with his stylist, and he also offered her two VIP tickets to Tuesday night's show.

At the Cotton Bowl, Cowley watched in awe as the 78-year-old Jagger, who she saw at the museum the day before, rocked the stage.

"It was simply amazing," Cowley said of Tuesday night's concert. "Just phenomenal. I can't believe I was there."

[www.wfaa.com]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 4, 2021 17:21

retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
retired_dog
portlandphil
Just 18 songs tonight?

Sorry, it was just a nasty little joke... The Stones never gave any refunds in case of shortened shows!

well there goes my smilewinking smiley

Date: November 4, 2021 17:47

A bum note here and there, or a sloppy solo, is part of the game of rock and roll I guess. Even if the ticket average is $350. But to mess up intros is another game. I mean to step forward on the stage in front of a big audience and deliver that. One false note from an opera singer and they are heavily questioned. Another one and they are done. For ever. The same goes for musicians in a symphony orchestra. Just for comparison...

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: November 4, 2021 19:01

EJM
Where is Keith’s rain stick when you need it ( I wonder what it’s success rate is over the years )
We could actually see the rain stick from Pit #1.

Date: November 4, 2021 19:29

Stoneage
A bum note here and there, or a sloppy solo, is part of the game of rock and roll I guess. Even if the ticket average is $350. But to mess up intros is another game. I mean to step forward on the stage in front of a big audience and deliver that. One false note from an opera singer and they are heavily questioned. Another one and they are done. For ever. The same goes for musicians in a symphony orchestra. Just for comparison...

What would you (or anyone) do when you step forward to play the intro and you notice that a string busts or the guitar is out of tune?

You won't notice before you've started. That's the problem...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 4, 2021 19:52

It took a while, Southwest 1.5h late out of Dallas yesterday, but I have finally got the Dallas reports and pictures updated here:

The Rolling Stones
Cotton Bowl
Dallas TX USA
Tuesday November 2, 2021

Some selections:

Victor Woods photo:

Seth Bryant photo:

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-04 19:53 by bv.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 4, 2021 19:55

Stoneage
You know what Keith would say to that? "Sir, I'm not interested in your petty morals"

Date: November 4, 2021 20:15

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

What would you (or anyone) do when you step forward to play the intro and you notice that a string busts or the guitar is out of tune?

Scold the guitar technician? Let's hope it doesn't happen again though. Even if I fear the odds for that is about 50/50 by now...

Re: Dallas - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: November 4, 2021 20:21

bye bye johnny
A Dallas museum was closed for the day. Then Mick Jagger knocked on the door

The Rolling Stones front man has been the toast of Dallas this week.

Ryan Osborne, Hannah Davis
November 3, 2021

DALLAS — Jennifer Monet Cowley was working at the Africansweet -American Museum of Dallas on Monday, hanging an exhibit, when she heard a knock on the front door. It was an older man with a British accent, curious to get a look inside.

"Is the museum closed today?" he asked.

It was, the employees told him, as it is every Monday. But this time, they made an exception.

Sometimes it helps to be Mick Jagger.

The Rolling Stones front man was already the toast of Dallas this week. Not only did the Stones rock a rainy Cotton Bowl on Tuesday night, Jagger made a point to see the city ahead of his show, posting several pictures on social media. One of those pictures was from the African-American Museum near the Cotton Bowl in Fair Park.

The story behind Jagger's museum visit is even cooler.

When Jagger arrived, he was wearing a mask, but one employee, Charka Jones, suspected it was him. Then he pulled his mask down and gave a smirk. That's when Jones knew for sure.

Jagger introduced himself to Cowley as "Mick," and Cowley even thought he looked like Jagger. But no way, right? It couldn't be the Mick, could it?

"My immediate thought was, 'He looks just like Mick Jagger,'" Cowley said. "But was like, 'No, that cannot be.'"

Cowley took Jagger on a tour, and Jagger kept smiling. So Cowley asked him, "What did you say your name was again?

"Mick," he said, and that's when it hit Cowley.

If that moment wasn't surreal enough, Cowley, a local artist and fashion designer, offered Jagger and his team custom shirts.

Jagger's gift in return? He said he'd connect Cowley with his stylist, and he also offered her two VIP tickets to Tuesday night's show.

At the Cotton Bowl, Cowley watched in awe as the 78-year-old Jagger, who she saw at the museum the day before, rocked the stage.

"It was simply amazing," Cowley said of Tuesday night's concert. "Just phenomenal. I can't believe I was there."

[www.wfaa.com]
Sweet As. Kool story..

Date: November 4, 2021 21:01

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

Scold the guitar technician? Let's hope it doesn't happen again though. Even if I fear the odds for that is about 50/50 by now...

It happened in MR in St Louis (string broke) and on PIB in Dallas, apparently (haven't heard the latter yet). In St Louis Keith played for a while, before he went to pick up a new guitar.

Hardly 50/50 smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home