Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: Dallas show live updates - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 3, 2021 18:25

Watched a few clips. I know you shouldn't conclude anything from them but I'm struggling to warm to Jordan's drumming. I guess this is not an allowed opinion here but never the same...

Re: Dallas show live updates - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 3, 2021 18:59

Stoneage
Watched a few clips. I know you shouldn't conclude anything from them but I'm struggling to warm to Jordan's drumming. I guess this is not an allowed opinion here but never the same...

So your judging by cell phone recording. Geez. Why dont you go to a show and see how great Steve is.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 3, 2021 19:13

Stoneage's from Sweden. Hard for him/her to have gone to a show on this tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 19:13 by Topi.

Dallas - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 3, 2021 19:17

Rolling Stones brought the heat to the Cotton Bowl, but struggled to find the right notes

Mick Jagger’s showmanship was spectacular, even as bandmates fumbled in their playing.

By Thor Christensen
Nov 3, 2021

Liesbeth Powers

[www.dallasnews.com]

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 3, 2021 19:18

Stoneage

Steve's great but i agree with you, it's getting to a point where any criticism of any band members is seen as unacceptable now, especially Steve.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 3, 2021 19:44

Aside from Ronnie's solo, Heartbreaker was great.
And I thought the 18 song setlist was a mistake, but looks to be true...a shame You Got Me Rocking was one of them...

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 3, 2021 19:49

Hairball
And I thought the 18 song setlist was a mistake, but looks to be true...a shame You Got Me Rocking was one of them...

You were on the fence about going. Did you go? We didn't get Happy.

Re: Dallas - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: November 3, 2021 19:53

bye bye johnny
Rolling Stones brought the heat to the Cotton Bowl, but struggled to find the right notes

Mick Jagger’s showmanship was spectacular, even as bandmates fumbled in their playing.

By Thor Christensen
Nov 3, 2021

Liesbeth Powers

[www.dallasnews.com]

What a ridiculous headline, so it's pissing down with rain and the guitarist can't make a few mistakes without it being called a fumbling performance.
Mick has to clap and wave, it's it but more difficult playing guitar with soaking wet fretboard and strings.

Date: November 3, 2021 19:54

shattered
Hairball

To Dallas?
No - originally bought LD's during the initial sales back in 2020 on a whim, but soon found out I couldn't make it happen so was trying to figure out how to sell/transfer them.
Then the pandemic hit, and the postponement, and refunded them along with the rest I had. Hadn't thought about Dallas since way back when....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 3, 2021 20:02

While Mick apparently stayed away from the quazy notion that JFK Jr was going to appear at last night's show.. he did manage to get a good political quip in..

"I hope you enjoy our lockdown song that Ted Cruise so enjoyed in Cancun" cool smiley

Mick Jagger
@MickJagger
Dallas on a cold wet night you really heated us up!
[twitter.com]

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 3, 2021 20:09

Rocktiludrop
Stoneage

Steve's great but i agree with you, it's getting to a point where any criticism of any band members is seen as unacceptable now, especially Steve.

Aaah, come on. At this point in the tour, I think it's obvious that more and more flubs, bum notes & missed cues are creeping in, and that includes basically the complete core band, every three of them. Or maybe I did not listen as close at tour start out of sheer enthusiasm?

Whatever the reason may be, I just hope they find their concentration back for the remaining shows and won't just treat them with an eye on the finishing line lazy attitude...

There's simply no reason to criticize Steve, he's as solid now as he was at tour start, it's the core band that shows weak spots, not anybody else.

Date: November 3, 2021 20:13

retired_dog
Rocktiludrop
Stoneage

Aaah, come on. At this point in the tour, I think it's obvious that more and more flubs, bum notes & missed cues are creeping in, and that includes basically the complete core band, every three of them. Or maybe I did not listen as close at tour start out of sheer enthusiasm?

Whatever the reason may be, I just hope they find their concentration back for the remaining shows and won't just treat them with an eye on the finishing line lazy attitude...

There's simply no reason to criticize Steve, he's as solid now as he was at tour start, it's the core band that shows weak spots, not anybody else.

Thank you for proving my point.

Date: November 3, 2021 20:14

The first truly negative review I've read throughout this short tour....thought Keith's mistakes during the last show might have been short-lived, but seems they were contagious.
Good to know Mick carried all the weight to distract from the poor guitar playing- greatest frontman ever..."as long as Jagger is alive and dancing, you get what you need"!

bye bye johnny

By Thor Christensen
Nov 3, 2021

Liesbeth Powers

[www.dallasnews.com]

"Guitar-wise, however, it was an off night for both of them as they struggled to keep their fingers limber and find the right notes.
Solo after solo collapsed into mush, and the intro to “Paint It Black” was mangled to the point of being comic.
Blame it on the weather, perhaps. Temperatures in the low 50s with a near-constant drizzle can’t be easy on the fingers of players in their 70s.
Whatever the reason, the duo’s guitar sloppiness took its toll. The concert ranked near the bottom, musically, of the eight Stones shows I’ve seen since the 1980s".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 20:15 by Hairball.

Date: November 3, 2021 20:15

Really nice slipping away, is Keith's voice getting better as he gets older ??

This isn't perfection, I'd like to think it's better than that.

Slipping Away

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 3, 2021 20:23

Rocktiludrop
retired_dog
Rocktiludrop
Stoneage

Thank you for proving my point.

I understand it needs at least an ounze of brain to understand my post that does everything else than proving your point that "it's getting to a point where any criticism of any band members is seen as unacceptable now, especially Steve".

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 3, 2021 20:33

Hairball
The first truly negative review I've read throughout this short tour

Indeed. All others have been effusive in their praise.

Oddly enough, couldn't post the full article. Kept getting a "Phorum Database" error message.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 3, 2021 20:48

"Correction, Nov. 3 at 11:20 a.m.: A previous headline misidentified the band member whose performance fell short for our critic."

That's fishy. If he's talking about both Keith and Ronnie, I wonder who he had in the headline earlier

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 3, 2021 20:56

Nikkei
"Correction, Nov. 3 at 11:20 a.m.: A previous headline misidentified the band member whose performance fell short for our critic."

That's fishy. If he's talking about both Keith and Ronnie, I wonder who he had in the headline earlier

It was Ronnie.
A tweet from earlier had the original version.

[twitter.com]

"misidentified"
I think the header must have misidentified Mick (instead wanting to criticize Keith and Ronnie, not Mick and Ronnie.)

Date: November 3, 2021 20:57

"...Watts’ unique, jazzy phrasing and rifle-shot beat were sorely missed"

Indeed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 20:58 by Hairball.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 3, 2021 21:06

earnest bad reviews can do real good

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 3, 2021 21:12

Hairball
shattered
Hairball

To Dallas?
No - originally bought LD's during the initial sales back in 2020 on a whim, but soon found out I couldn't make it happen so was trying to figure out how to sell/transfer them.
Then the pandemic hit, and the postponement, and refunded them along with the rest I had. Hadn't thought about Dallas since way back when....

Sure would like to meet you along with the Mrs. Maybe next year in Europe?

Date: November 3, 2021 21:44

Would be fun shattered - my wife and I will more than likely be there next year to visit with family and friends.
As for seeing the Stones again in Europe? Ya never know, but if they're in the same vicinity as us during the same time frame...a possibility...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 21:47 by Hairball.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: November 3, 2021 21:53

Cooltoplady
Stoneage

So your judging by cell phone recording. Geez. Why dont you go to a show and see how great Steve is.

Ha brilliant. You're clearly not wrong there!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 3, 2021 21:57

Green Lady
Green Lady
Have a great time. I will not be around tonight due to unforeseen circumstances so good luck with the links!

The "unforeseen circumstances" were tripping up.and falling flat on my face in my High Street, followed by a night in the local hospital Accident and Emergency department. I have two lovely black eyes and a broken nose, and look like a candidate for the Black and Blue cover, but there is no serious permanent damage and I am coming home tonight. Thank God for the NHS!

Oh dear that sounds horrible. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 3, 2021 22:18

so sorry to hear that Green Lady, be well soon

Date: November 3, 2021 22:20

Nikkei
Green Lady
Green Lady
Have a great time. I will not be around tonight due to unforeseen circumstances so good luck with the links!

The "unforeseen circumstances" were tripping up.and falling flat on my face in my High Street, followed by a night in the local hospital Accident and Emergency department. I have two lovely black eyes and a broken nose, and look like a candidate for the Black and Blue cover, but there is no serious permanent damage and I am coming home tonight. Thank God for the NHS!

+1 hoping you get better soon Green Lady .

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 3, 2021 22:42

Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
Green Lady
Green Lady

+1 hoping you get better soon Green Lady .

Ouch!

Sorry to hear that. But such things happen (like me with my bicycle some weeks ago... )

Get well soon!
Best wishes,
Johannes

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 3, 2021 22:44

Oooowww GreenLady sounds like a nasty fall..

Hope you recover quickly ....

Take Care

ROCKMAN

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 3, 2021 22:45

As for accidents - these things just happen.

As for last night's gig - Keith's guitar should have been re-checked just before they came to play PIB. It's really out of tune.

But then again: such things just happen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 22:46 by waterrats.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: November 3, 2021 22:54

Green Lady, sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you heal quickly.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1872
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home