Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Dallas show live updates - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 3, 2021 09:57

Thanks, have had trouble finding the setlist--had hoped to be at tonight's show, looks like it was a great one so I'll just have to imagine I was there. At least I missed the rain!

Re: Dallas show live updates - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 3, 2021 10:09

How was Keith last night ?

Date: November 3, 2021 11:57

Heartbreaker

[m.youtube.com]

You Got Me Rocking

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 12:05 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: November 3, 2021 12:29

It was 18 songs. How bad was the rain?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 3, 2021 12:32

Ronnie looking good in his hat!

Dallas - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 3, 2021 12:33

And the rain fell down, on the cold hard ground…

Thank you for an amazing evening Dallas despite the rain! Can you guess who’s got the setlist here…?

[twitter.com]

Dallas - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 3, 2021 12:45

Traffic nightmare, cold drizzle can’t dampen Rolling Stones show at Dallas’ Cotton Bowl

By Stefan Stevenson
November 03, 2021

Stefan Stevenson

DALLAS

It will take much more than a persistent, cold, drizzle and a massive traffic jam to dampen a Rolling Stones concert.

We found that out loud and clear Tuesday night at the Cotton Bowl in Fair Park.

Although inclement weather lingered for much of the two hour, 10 minute, 18-song set, most of the 45,000 or so in attendance were unfazed. They were led, of course, by the unparalleled Mick Jagger, who turned 78 in July. He’s still gyrating with the speed of a hummingbird and showing off an agility of rock stars a third his age. He wiggled his backside, preened up a storm from one side of the stage to the other, and up and down the catwalk that jutted deep into the floor seats. Guitarists Keith Richards, wearing a knit blue cap and yellow sweater, shot Jagger amused looks throughout the show. Just like old times.

Jagger is still rail thin and still pursing his rock star lips, loving every second of being Mick Jagger. If the wet stage slowed him down — and Jagger mentioned it was slippery — it wasn’t noticeable. Crew members did their best at least once during the show to clear moisture off the catwalk when Jagger was on the main stage.

The Stones first played North Texas in 1965 at Fort Worth’s Will Rodgers Coliseum — which Jagger made note of during the show, adding that the band arrived at the venue in an armored car (pictures of the moment were showed on the massive videoboard behind the stage).

“Tickets were $4.50,” Jagger added, before the band began an extended intro to “Sympathy For the Devil,” one of their signature songs, and one of the greatest rock and roll songs ever written. Of course, the Stones have a bunch of songs in that category so whittling down a set list could be a challenge.

That, however, doesn’t seem to be the gist of the “No Filter Tour” shows. Instead of squeezing in several more top 10 sing-along hits, the Stones did what they’re best at: jamming and letting the groove take over. Many of the 18 songs performed included extended jams at the end, including “Midnight Rambler,” which included parts of Robert Johnson’s “Come On In My Kitchen,” and “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” which ended the main set. The two-song encore included arguably the Stones’ best song “Gimme Shelter,” and “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,” the band’s breakthrough 1965 hit. After the last note, the biggest fireworks show you’ll ever see in November filled the sky above the stage.

The sound was impeccable, both on a technical sonic level and from the band itself, with its barrage of musicians and two background vocalists, including Sasha Allen who nearly stole the show with her help on “Gimme Shelter” as she joined Jagger out on the b-stage. The band, which includes guitarist Ronnie Wood, drummer Steve Jordan who replaced original member Charlie Watts who died in August, bassist Darryl Jones, keyboardist Chuck Leavell and Matt Clifford (who also plays horns), and saxophonist Tim Ries, provided more proof that even with only three long-time members still active, the Rolling Stones are still the greatest rock and roll band in the world.

This was the seventh time the band has played the Cotton Bowl, Jagger told the crowd, many of whom had complained on social media moments earlier about horrific traffic delays getting around the venue.

Some fans claimed they were sitting in their cars for more than two hours waiting to park. From the looks of it, Fair Park didn’t seem to be getting a whole lot of assistance from Dallas Police. Major intersections, including the one at Haskell Ave. and Parry Ave., which also includes a DART line, were massive clusters of cars fighting to move mere feet at a time. There were several close calls with cars and DART trains and multiple cars had train crossing gates come down on top of them.

But all of that traffic misery for most quickly melted away when the Stones’ hits-filled set started with 1968’s “Street Fighting Man” at 8:45 p.m. It was one of 11 songs played that was released in the 1960s, and specifically one of seven from their fertile 1968-69 period when the band really found its iconic swagger with the albums Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed.

Jagger name-checked Lockhart Smokehouse in the Bishop Arts District, Whataburger, and joked that he washed it all down with a couple Mambo Taxis from Mi Cocina. He welcomed fans from Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Houston, Fort Worth and, oddly, Gun Barrel City, the name of which undoubtedly tickled him.

The only lull, if we’re nitpicking, came during Richards’ two-song turn at the mic. Richards, who turns 78 in December, actually looks healthier than ever.

“Hey, Texas,” Richards said after taking center stage with a laugh. “It’s been a while. It’s great to see y’all again. It’s great to be anywhere.”

Absolutely, Keith. Just as long as we’re not stuck in traffic.

[www.star-telegram.com]

Date: November 3, 2021 12:59

Bjorn
Ronnie looking good in his hat!

I was thinking the same thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 3, 2021 13:46

Rocktiludrop
Heartbreaker

[m.youtube.com]

You Got Me Rocking

[m.youtube.com]

Both fantastic versions!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 3, 2021 13:49

Funny how Mick tries to signal to Sasha and Bernard and get them to sign the "Heartbreaker" part. smiling smiley

Date: November 3, 2021 13:55

Date: November 3, 2021 13:57

Ronnie Wood
@ronniewood

Last night's soundcheck With Steve
@jayveerecords #StonesDallas
[twitter.com]

Date: November 3, 2021 14:44

Topi
Funny how Mick tries to signal to Sasha and Bernard and get them to sign the "Heartbreaker" part. smiling smiley

Or he was signaling that there were two rounds of 'doo doo doo' to go?

Date: November 3, 2021 15:11

MisterDDDD
Rocktiludrop
Heartbreaker

[m.youtube.com]

You Got Me Rocking

[m.youtube.com]

Both fantastic versions!

Yes i thought so too, hoping we get Let It Bleed at some point.smiling smiley

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: November 3, 2021 15:47

Rocktiludrop

Great in the beginning, very strong on SFM (as usual) and all the way through his 2. Real good on Connection. Very soulful Slipping Away.

But honestly, he seemed rattled or pissed after the mixup on MR. He had a couple of obvious mistakes after that. Seemed a bit off his game toward the end.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: November 3, 2021 15:47

[www.yahoo.com]

Dallas review.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: November 3, 2021 15:48

Sorry, deleted post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 15:49 by bam.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 3, 2021 16:08

I know it's the production of show,videos etc.
But they do this kind of concert - changing 1-2 numbers + Keith'- forever now.

I'd really love them to surprise the fans and change at least 1 song during the Big Hits parade every night. Can't be that hard .

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 3, 2021 17:04

Green Lady
Have a great time. I will not be around tonight due to unforeseen circumstances so good luck with the links!

The "unforeseen circumstances" were tripping up.and falling flat on my face in my High Street, followed by a night in the local hospital Accident and Emergency department. I have two lovely black eyes and a broken nose, and look like a candidate for the Black and Blue cover, but there is no serious permanent damage and I am coming home tonight. Thank God for the NHS!

Re: Dallas - Tuesday 2-Nov-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: November 3, 2021 17:07

bye bye johnny
And the rain fell down, on the cold hard ground…

Thank you for an amazing evening Dallas despite the rain! Can you guess who’s got the setlist here…?

Matt? And the lyric he posted is from the song he got production credit on, methinks smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 17:08 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 3, 2021 17:22

portlandphil
Just 18 songs tonight?

Yes. On the plus side, they're discussing a partial refund or a free high-quality download of "Around & Around" from the tour rehearsals for Dallas ticket holders right now.

Date: November 3, 2021 17:25

Who wrote Honky Tonk Woman on the setlist?

Date: November 3, 2021 17:26

DandelionPowderman

Chuck.

Date: November 3, 2021 17:32

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

Chuck.

In a senior moment, obviously smiling smiley

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: November 3, 2021 17:39

Quite a letdown they cut the setlist. Hope that was due to the rain!

Date: November 3, 2021 17:41

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

Chuck.

In a senior moment, obviously smiling smiley

Say what you want about Chuck, but like the rest of us he's not getting younger... So he most likely won't get the boot from the band for that!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 3, 2021 17:41

Rocktiludrop
Heartbreaker

[m.youtube.com]

You Got Me Rocking

[m.youtube.com]

Fake Fan has great videos from the pit!
thx for posting

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 3, 2021 17:48

Mick Jaggger is AMAZING!

Ghost Town

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: November 3, 2021 18:06

Heartbreaker - great version!!
That's soooo my heartbreaker I heard on my "Made In The Shade"-LP 1975!!

Date: November 3, 2021 18:17

vibrolux
Rocktiludrop

Great in the beginning, very strong on SFM (as usual) and all the way through his 2. Real good on Connection. Very soulful Slipping Away.

But honestly, he seemed rattled or pissed after the mixup on MR. He had a couple of obvious mistakes after that. Seemed a bit off his game toward the end.

Haven't seen Rambler yet, i wouldn't judge Keith by tonight i know he hates the cold and rain anyway.
From what ive seen he seems ok, thank you for your observations vibrolux thumbs up looking forward to hearing Slipping Away.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home