Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Tampa show live updates - Friday 29-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 31, 2021 12:36

It's weird seeing one person with a mask when no one else wears one (especially weird when it's the new guy)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-31 12:37 by Nikkei.

Re: Tampa show live updates - Friday 29-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 31, 2021 13:15

waterrats
Testify
I liked SSS, glad they played it is a song that I love.
Listening again from the video posted above, it's not even that bad, some inaccuracies that the Stones usually do especially on songs that don't often play live, but all in all I liked it.

So do I. I guess, nobody expected that glitch during the song, at least the band and Keith.

Having said that, I remember that "Ghost Town", too, met not too many positive judgements...

I saw the video of Ghost Town from Tampa just an hour or two ago and it brought tears to my eyes. IMO, they played that song almost flawlessly, and very intense. I also feel, that you must have the balls to play a song like this in this way in a stadium, slowing down the pace in front of such an audience. Respect!

The video composition, too, added much to the song, I find. Whaddya think?

Wow, that was a nice watch. They really have put thought on it, including the video composition, and they really play it well.

But it is sad to hear the rather lame reception by the audience. I had higher hopes for "Ghost Town" to rise a bit over a normal 'latest Stones single" category, but it seem to have suffered the same fate as about any Stones single since "Start Me Up". So it's like, say, "Don't Stop", "Rough Justice" or "Doom&Gloom" - causing not much thrill when played live. A cynic in me thinks that for 'casual fans' the Stones shows since 2012 have been especially attractive, since they know that the band will not play any odd songs from a new album....

- Doxa

Tampa - Friday 29-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 31, 2021 13:30

The Rolling Stones revisit their favorite local memories in brawny, assertive return to Tampa Bay

Gabe Echazabal
October 30,2021

Sandra Dohnert

Local rock and roll fans are getting to revel in the slew of make-up concerts finally happening in Tampa Bay. Following a year of COVID-related cancellations and postponements, the sounds of guitars and drums are once again filling our once-empty venues and concert halls. And our football stadiums, too. One of the most welcomed and eagerly awaited make-up shows happened at the enormous Raymond James Stadium on Friday night when The Rolling Stones brought their long-delayed “No Filter” tour to town and more than proved that it was definitely worth waiting for.

Kicking things off a little after 9 p.m. following sporadic rainfall, the sellout crowd, which filled every available spot in the stands and on the field, was treated to a brief video tribute to recently deceased Stones co-founding member Charlie Watts. Flashes of photos and video vignettes focusing on the quiet but dependable drummer graced screens at the rear and sides of the stage in a tasteful and respectful homage to Watts as raindrops subsided. Soon after, the entire massive band, bolstered by two horn players and two backup singers, emerged. The mere sight of the always charismatic and iconic frontman Mick Jagger, clad in emerald green jacket with shiny silver accents and skin tight black trousers, sent concertgoers into a frenzy almost immediately. Flanked by his longtime comrades, guitarists Ron Wood and Keith Richards, Jagger, rightfully so, wasted no time in becoming the focal point.

“Street Fighting Man” was a wise choice for the evening’s opening number. The brawny rocker dates back to 1969; it packed plenty of muscle and attitude and instantly lit the fuse for the night. Immediately followed by 1965’s snarky “Get Off of My Cloud,” the Stones dove headfirst into the ban’s massive treasure trove of classic songs and reminded everyone why they were referred to as the greatest rock and roll band in the world for a long time.

Sure, age has crept in. It would be silly to not acknowledge the fact that core members Wood, Richards and Jagger have all surpassed the 70-year mark with Jagger just two years away from his 80th birthday. Keith’s moves aren’t as fluid as they used to be, Wood isn’t as physically active as he once was onstage and Jagger’s sprints from one end of a stage to the other have now been reduced to brisk walks. However, none of those perceived setbacks seemed to matter much to those who bought a ticket and filled the stadium.

Four skyscraper video screens lined the huge stage and boasted crystal clear, high-def pictures that gave even those in the furthest corners of the venue a chance to see the band up close. The sound coming from the stage was impeccable thanks to a front of house crew that engineered an absolutely flawless mix that made it easy to discern guitar tones, longtime keyboardist Chuck Leavell’s dazzling accompaniment and Bernard Fowler’s rich backing vocals.

Jagger’s occasional between-song banter was almost as engaging as his snaky moves and still-strong vocal delivery. In a brief acknowledgement of Charlie Watts’ contributions to the band, Jagger added “I’m sure a lot of you have great memories of him; we’d like to dedicate this show to him” before plunging into a soulful, solid version of 1972’s “Tumbling Dice.” But it was his words that honed in on local interests that got the strongest reactions.

The mention of this current tour starting out at “Patriots Stadium” as he referred to it (the tour indeed opened at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts in September) was met with a barrage of boos. “But now we’re in Champa Bay with Tom Brady!” he continued and, in an instant, turned jeers into massive cheers. Jagger would later mention that this performance was the band’s 22nd Florida show and added “Thanks for coming to see us so many times.” In one more nod to the area, he mentioned the fact that one of the group’s most well-known songs, “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” was written in Clearwater. Recalling a live show that occurred in 1965 in the neighboring city, Jagger spoke of only getting to play four songs at that gig before getting kicked off the stage. The hotel where the band stayed at the time (and the location where Richards, as legend states, woke up from a sound sleep and recorded the guitar riff for what would become one of the most recognizable rock songs of all time) “…is now the headquarters for Scientology” Jagger announced. “They had to cleanse the hotel after we left” he joked.

But it was truly the music that drew the heartiest reactions. With a catalog as deep and wide as the Stones’, it’s hard to narrow down which songs to fit into a setlist. Nonetheless, the two-hour show was jam-packed with plenty of gems. The slow burning “Beast of Burden” was enriched by Ron Wood’s fuzzy guitar solo; similarly, a booming, funky bass solo courtesy of Darryl Jones lifted the band’s foray into disco, “Miss You,” to new heights. In traditional style, Jagger’s counterpart and partner in crime, Keith Richards, got his chance to take centerstage and handle lead vocal duties for a couple of numbers. Richards, donning a hot pink tam and silky, colorful long sleeve shirt, smiled, and seemed genuinely eager to get his shot at the mic. Dusting off the jaunty, R&B-inspired tune “Connection” from 1967’s spectacular Between the Buttons album was a welcome surprise. Richards handled all the vocals despite the original version featuring both he and Jagger sharing them and did so in his unique, craggy, style. He then launched into “Happy,” one of his signature tunes from Exile on Main St., the band’s 1972 magnum opus.

The always dynamic and fierce blues-rock injection the Stones are capable of supplementing their sound with arrived via another dynamite version of “Midnight Rambler.” The extended jam has long been a staple in the band’s setlists and greatly welcome on this night. Trading off guitar leads with Richards, Ron Wood sported a hot, fiery Gibson Les Paul and squeezed plenty of firepower out of it for the slow-burning rocker. Jagger infused some ad libbed lines from blues great Robert Johnson’s “Come On in My Kitchen” to the epic tune which helped make it, arguably, the best performance of the night.

In their attempt to give fans a stab at having their say in the evening’s setlist, the band launched a “fan vote” option that’s specific to each city on its tours many tours ago. Continuing the tradition for this trek, local fans were able to submit a vote online for one of four pre-determined song options for inclusion in the night’s setlist on the group’s official website. Jagger announced that Tampa’s highest number of votes came in for “Far Away Eyes,” the comical, country-inspired tune from its 1978 Some Girls album. As a tune that’s not performed often, Jagger joked before the band launched into it “None of us know it so we’re going to have a quick rehearsal.” In actuality, the band turned in a superb version of the cut which saw Ron Wood take a seat behind a slide guitar and Jagger don an acoustic guitar. His half-sung, half-spoken vocals the song calls for were inspired and true to the original recording.

To wrap up the night, the group offered a two-song encore that began with “Gimme Shelter,” a song that revolves around the accompaniment of a strong female backup singer. The original 1969 recording is forever immortalized by the soaring, spine-tingling contributions of the great Merry Clayton who added her own soulful force to it. The group’s current backup vocalist, Sasha Allen, added her own spice to the song while trading off lines with Jagger at the end of the long catwalk that extended to the midfield section of the stadium. The slow-burning rocker continually built up steam and drama and easily ranked as one of the night’s showstoppers.

To close, the band delivered a sizzling, extended version of the previously referenced “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” which was conceived more than 50 years ago here in the area. The angry, angst-ridden anthem hasn’t lost any of its poignancy, and the entire band added plenty of color and texture to it to make it a perfect, fitting closer for the performance. As a finale, an overwhelmingly colorful and extremely loud fireworks display filled the night sky and literally closed the show with a bang.

As all band members and accompanists left the stage, the remaining nucleus of the band, Wood, Richards, and Jagger, hung back to wave goodbye to the crowd as a trio. It was fitting, yet a bit emotional, to see the three offering their final farewells. They’re still out there doing what they do best albeit doing it a little slower and a little more cautiously than in decades past.

Still, it’s unfathomable that a group made up of core members who have been at it for the better part of 60 years can still pack in fans at a football stadium. The Rolling Stones can still attract an audience that ranges from 20-somethings to great grandparents who know it’s only rock and roll…but they all seem to still like it.

The Ghost Hounds, who were also tapped to open for the Stones in 2019, did it again on Friday, this time with a new album, A Little Calamity, in tow. Frontman Tré Nation shares the same flair for the stage that Jagger does, and his band’s sound is now just about as rich, too, thank to three backup singers who helped the Hounds bring bluesy-swagger and doo-wop flair to folks willing to get into the stadium early and see a band about 50 years younger than the headliners.

[photos.cltampa.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 31, 2021 13:45

keefmick
Did anyone else notice that when Keith, Mick and Ronnie took the final bow and turned to walk off stage there was no giant picture of Charlie on the screens like there was in St Louis and Charlotte? The screens immediately went to tongue and “see you soon”. When did they stop putting up the big picture of Charlie that the final 3 waved to as they walked off?

I guess that is something to do that they - as English gentlemen - don't want to over-do such things, that is, making Charlie tribute a sort of autopilot show number. When they hearts are not any longer in it, they don't do it. Life goes on.

- Doxa

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: October 31, 2021 15:10

Chester
Mixing up the setlist is great. The surprise is a huge part of the experience.
I just question what they mixed it up with.
For the greatest band of all-time winding it down, likely the last time they play in the U.S., certainly the last time they play in Tampa, not to mention there are only a couple of spots where they can add something different, there are a lot better doable options than SSS, even with a solo that's in tune.

You can’t have it both ways. If you want them to mix up their set lists you have to accept that you might not always like how they mix it up. Or, since you seem to think the world revolves around you, should they run their set lists by you before the show to make sure you approve?

I was there and I’ll take the song the way they played it over not having it at all any day of the week. Geez, people will complain about anything!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 31, 2021 16:03

joshbg2k
Chester
Mixing up the setlist is great. The surprise is a huge part of the experience.
I just question what they mixed it up with.
For the greatest band of all-time winding it down, likely the last time they play in the U.S., certainly the last time they play in Tampa, not to mention there are only a couple of spots where they can add something different, there are a lot better doable options than SSS, even with a solo that's in tune.

You can’t have it both ways. If you want them to mix up their set lists you have to accept that you might not always like how they mix it up. Or, since you seem to think the world revolves around you, should they run their set lists by you before the show to make sure you approve?

I was there and I’ll take the song the way they played it over not having it at all any day of the week. Geez, people will complain about anything!
People will always find something to complain about.

If it isn't the songs it's some wig theory about somebody's hair, complaing about some licks played by Chuck ("plinky"), claps done by Sasha, that Bill isn't in the band anymore, that Darryl has a solo in MY solo although MY is a song that should be removed anyway because it's only good for a bathroom break (but then again you need a song to do the bathroom break because some people here are coming into an age where they cannot hold back their pee), that Mick moves too much and would sing better if he just stood there, that Keith doesn't use the amp anymore that he used on the [insert random year here] tour and that his solo sound is too dry, that they play stadiums instead of theaters, that they don't have those ridiculously big 90s stages anymore, that Keith moves too much and should rather focus on playing, that Keith doesn't move as much as he used to, that they should drop [insert any song here] because some person on the forum is bored by it, that they actually should have quit 20 years ago, that they are the "Vegas Stones" because they do not perform drunk or on drugs anymore, that they should record new material so that we can first say it's "the best album since exile" and later say "they haven't done a good song since Start Me Up". And anyway, they are just a nostalgia act and only doing it for the money. And life is a drag and we are all dying anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-31 16:07 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 31, 2021 16:21

kkhoranstoned
We all chanted Charlie Charlie in the beginning the crowd was fire
G.admission was wild

parking was wilder...took forever...3rd world parking situation in Tampa...just a mess....the show was fine though...had a blast and they came to play...

Date: October 31, 2021 17:09

I admit parking was a royal pain at least that is what my boss tells me and his wife wasn't happy how far they had to walk.

We should all be grateful they are still performing regardless of the setlist but it is nice they have changed a few songs around.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 31, 2021 19:33

rlj1010
MisterDDDD
mosthigh
rlj1010
Got my lucky dips. I know it's hard to complain because they were so cheap, but kinda disappointed compared to all the other success stories this leg...

Rear GA. Oh well... will try to make the best of it.

Some people have had success getting in the pit just with their LD wristband. Worth a shot.

Friend just texted a pic with LD Pit2..

If there's a take away, perhaps be leery of picking up early when the Rear GA's aren't sold out (at least not last I checked)..

In the case of Tampa, the time you picked up LD made no difference as the tickets were already pre-sorted in sealed envelopes with buyers' names on them.

I didnt pickup my LD's until around 7pm. There was no line and not a single person waiting around the pickup window.
Gave my ID, they had a list with names and then she took out two tickets and two wristbands, I told them it was my birthday earlier this month and I had purchased my LD's almost 2 years ago,
Paid off with Pit 2 !! Thx Rolling Stones!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 31, 2021 22:15

Doxa
waterrats
Testify
Listening again from the video posted above, it's not even that bad, some inaccuracies that the Stones usually do especially on songs that don't often play live, but all in all I liked it.

So do I. I guess, nobody expected that glitch during the song, at least the band and Keith.

Having said that, I remember that "Ghost Town", too, met not too many positive judgements...

I saw the video of Ghost Town from Tampa just an hour or two ago and it brought tears to my eyes. IMO, they played that song almost flawlessly, and very intense. I also feel, that you must have the balls to play a song like this in this way in a stadium, slowing down the pace in front of such an audience. Respect!

Wow, that was a nice watch. They really have put thought on it, including the video composition, and they really play it well.

But it is sad to hear the rather lame reception by the audience. I had higher hopes for "Ghost Town" to rise a bit over a normal 'latest Stones single" category, but it seem to have suffered the same fate as about any Stones single since "Start Me Up". So it's like, say, "Don't Stop", "Rough Justice" or "Doom&Gloom" - causing not much thrill when played live. A cynic in me thinks that for 'casual fans' the Stones shows since 2012 have been especially attractive, since they know that the band will not play any odd songs from a new album....

- Doxa

I am not a casual fan but I must admit that Ghost Towns does not speak to me.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 31, 2021 22:53

The IORR Tampa reports pages have been updated with pictures, reports and links:

The Rolling Stones
Raymond James Stadium
Tampa, FL, USA
Friday October 29, 2021

Just a few examples, more in the reports pages, link above.

Picture from Tampa by Jim Pietryga:

And one other great one from Tampa, by Victor Woods:

Bjornulf

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 1, 2021 00:14

BV, your shots in the Tampa review section are great!
Luv the one of Mick & Bernard during Beast of Burden.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: November 1, 2021 00:48

ok ..it was a great concert a wild crowd did it really sell out?
the switching up of songs is amazing..thank you.
you have what 6 more chances to rock ...go if you can
so my review is the band rocked the sound was clear
if you been here since 2015 you have a group setting the pace
there is something for everyone..yes i even got to see connection
i felt everyone played their heart out..its amazing to be in a crowd
singing honky tonk women and your just feeling it!!!!!!!
loved it ....time waits for no one...

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 1, 2021 01:17

Hey BV,

I was looking for you in Tampa in pit 1. I was asking around for ya. Just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you for all the work you put into this! I am making plans for Atlanta so hopefully will see you there!

Thanks again!

-Chris

Posted by: Markbot ()
Date: November 1, 2021 04:44

I was just joking. I will share the whole show. I couldn't find my microphones so I had to use the internal mikes on my recorder. It turned out amazing. Probably my best Stones recording ever and one of my best pulls ever.

If anyone knows how I could share a sample of the show before I get it mastered let me know. It's going to be a few days before I can get it cut up and uploaded.

Date: November 1, 2021 05:54

I added some Stones Clearwater Florida 1965 bits into my Tampa travel notes:

The Rolling Stones in Tampa Florida USA 2021 (Stoneslife.org)

Bjornulf

Date: November 1, 2021 06:00

Nikkei
It's weird seeing one person with a mask when no one else wears one (especially weird when it's the new guy)

Steve Jordan is wearing a mask at the end of every show. No worries. There is probably a good reason. I am just happy the tour is on, and that everyone I meet respect me and others who still choose to wear masks.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 1, 2021 06:59

franzk
[www.youtube.com]

Not as bad as I expected. The beat is pretty good and energetic.

Holy crap!

It was quite decent until... KEITH!

Completely lost! Wow!

If anyone needs any kind of... redemption? Not far from where I sat. A bit slower... Keith raunchy but at least in key.

New Orleans 2019... with Mick on guitar.

Date: November 1, 2021 07:10

waterrats
...Then, they play SSS and Keith completely misses the right key for the solo. The only thing that really puzzles me here is the fact that he didn't change his playing on the fretboard at once but kept on playing the wrong notes. Just like he had no good monitoring on stage and couldn't hear his own playing, but this I can't imagine to be true. Not with a production of that scale and quality they have running now. And, too, Keith is not deaf. So that would be a question I really would like to have answered.

I'm sure, Mick and Keith will discuss those moments with the production team running this tour, as they will have done with this fabulous incident with the missing 10string acoustic guitar for Wild Horses before.

Yes, it does seem ridiculous that Keith couldn't hear himself - but if he could've heard himself AND the band... there are huge holes on stage where the sound is phased, lopsided and/or zero.

Keith has had the odd slippage out of key (Miami 1994 SFTD is possibly the greatest screwup I've ever heard - until this one) but, unlike Mick, Keith relies on stage monitors... and if he can't hear what he's doing and he's not exactly or even nearly paying attention, well, he's just gonna play - wrong.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 1, 2021 13:49

GasLightStreet
waterrats
...Then, they play SSS and Keith completely misses the right key for the solo. The only thing that really puzzles me here is the fact that he didn't change his playing on the fretboard at once but kept on playing the wrong notes. Just like he had no good monitoring on stage and couldn't hear his own playing, but this I can't imagine to be true. Not with a production of that scale and quality they have running now. And, too, Keith is not deaf. So that would be a question I really would like to have answered.

I'm sure, Mick and Keith will discuss those moments with the production team running this tour, as they will have done with this fabulous incident with the missing 10string acoustic guitar for Wild Horses before.

Yes, it does seem ridiculous that Keith couldn't hear himself - but if he could've heard himself AND the band... there are huge holes on stage where the sound is phased, lopsided and/or zero.

Keith has had the odd slippage out of key (Miami 1994 SFTD is possibly the greatest screwup I've ever heard - until this one) but, unlike Mick, Keith relies on stage monitors... and if he can't hear what he's doing and he's not exactly or even nearly paying attention, well, he's just gonna play - wrong.

You really think that Keith doesn't have some decent sound from the stage monitors? Or he isn't paying attention? Well, if that will proof to be the case, I'ld find it odd, to say the least. Odd, but not impossible.

It could also be the case, that he's so concentrated to play his solo spot that the others kind of fade out of his attention - like you said above. Again: odd, but not impossible.

Kind of funny: while it sounds bad, I love the band for this even more. I'ld prefer this anytime over some other 100% choreographed, fixed show-productions other acts might take to the stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-01 13:50 by waterrats.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 1, 2021 14:03

Doxa
waterrats
Testify

- Doxa

without a doubt the playing of Ghost Town was an absolute highlight and lowlight for me...highlight because the song live is awesome..the groove is great and the band loved playing it...it was executed perfectly...lowlight...because people ran for the aisles and the bathroom and for food....knowing the hits were right around the corner....back to the same old same old....what a disappointment that was.

Posted by: cwalters ()
Date: November 1, 2021 17:32

I noticed when I picked up my Lucky Dips the sign said "All Lucky Dip entries are at Gate A". Gate A was the floor entry gate. I received Rear GAs. Was there anyone with a Lucky Dip in Tampa that was given seats or something other than Rear GA? Personally, I think the Rear GA is the worst place in the stadium (aside from maybe upper deck side stage) and I have LDs for the upcoming Las Vegas show. I really hope they aren't doing entirely Rear GA LDs for that show.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 1, 2021 19:01

cwalters
I noticed when I picked up my Lucky Dips the sign said "All Lucky Dip entries are at Gate A". Gate A was the floor entry gate. I received Rear GAs. Was there anyone with a Lucky Dip in Tampa that was given seats or something other than Rear GA? Personally, I think the Rear GA is the worst place in the stadium (aside from maybe upper deck side stage) and I have LDs for the upcoming Las Vegas show. I really hope they aren't doing entirely Rear GA LDs for that show.

I haven't seen rear GA's pop up for LD's anywhere besides Tampa yet.
Could be mistaken, but I believe it's because Rear GA's were not sold out in Tampa, and have been everywhere else.

They want the floor (Pits & GA's) to be full apparently.
Good news is Rear GA's have been sold out in Vegas for quite some time.

Hoping my theory is correct.. going with LD's in Vegas as well smileys with beer

Date: November 1, 2021 20:52

waterrats
GasLightStreet
waterrats

You really think that Keith doesn't have some decent sound from the stage monitors? Or he isn't paying attention? Well, if that will proof to be the case, I'ld find it odd, to say the least. Odd, but not impossible.

It could also be the case, that he's so concentrated to play his solo spot that the others kind of fade out of his attention - like you said above. Again: odd, but not impossible.

Kind of funny: while it sounds bad, I love the band for this even more. I'ld prefer this anytime over some other 100% choreographed, fixed show-productions other acts might take to the stage.

There are many live recordings (boots) with all kinds of screwups over the years. If someone can't hear what they're doing in concert with everything else... mistakes happen. Even with whatever quality and amount of monitors they have this tour.

There's a perfect visual of what they can hear in Miss You from 1989's Atlantic City show when Ronnie is playing his solo and he goes off on some harmonics and it sounds... interesting. Mick and Keith are standing behind him and you can see them notice.

Keith playing a lead in SFTD in Miami in 1994 and he runs down a ramp, lays out a barrage of noise, then heads back to the stage and... slips down a fret and is horrendously out of key - no one onstage visibly noticed.

They certainly aren't going to do a 'Wait, start over'. Plow on through. It's live. Watch the intro of Gimme Shelter from the 2019 New Orleans show: Charlie and Ronnie know Keith falls way out of time. They didn't stop. Just like with She's So Cold in 1982... they play.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 2, 2021 01:13

True, although if someone starts the wrong song, they will stop and start over.
Happened on the last tour, was it Chicago 2?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 2, 2021 01:40

Sad Sad Sad was a train wreck but who cares really?

Hey, they finally played something they released after 1981.

Let's be glad he is still performing. Even if is is out of key.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 2, 2021 02:09

Hope they attempt SSS again on this tour…..

Date: November 2, 2021 03:55

angee
True, although if someone starts the wrong song, they will stop and start over.
Happened on the last tour, was it Chicago 2?

Yes, the wrong song is different!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 2, 2021 11:06

GasLightStreet
waterrats

The greatest screw-up is that the one half of the band plays Star Star and the other IORR, from beginning to the end, sometime in the nineties.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 2, 2021 13:44

Rip This
Doxa
waterrats
Testify

- Doxa

without a doubt the playing of Ghost Town was an absolute highlight and lowlight for me...highlight because the song live is awesome..the groove is great and the band loved playing it...it was executed perfectly...lowlight...because people ran for the aisles and the bathroom and for food....knowing the hits were right around the corner....back to the same old same old....what a disappointment that was.

It is casual fans like those, who contribute drastically to reduce the incentives for the band to finish any new album. Casual fans that actually want to reduce the Rolling Stones to the museum over themselves that they have been for many years, however how grand, where they otherwise not only for years, but for decades could have created new music and played some of it live.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1163
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home