Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Tampa show live updates - Friday 29-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 30, 2021 06:51

Good times with the Stones in 2021...warts and all....smileys with beerthumbs up

Re: Tampa show live updates - Friday 29-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 30, 2021 07:14

Green Lady
Hairball
shattered
Hairball
shattered
Hairball
Happy to see Happy made a comeback...thumbs up

....was looking for this comment!

And I'm sad, sad, sad - make that mad, mad, mad - to see Sad, Sad, Sad has made a comeback....angry smiley winking smiley

?? "Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place"

[www.youtube.com]

Well...almost forgot how terrible that tune is...Micks haircut and all...gives me Mixed emotions...

Just had a thought - I wonder if Keith intentionally butchered Sad Sad Sad with the hopes it would be deleted off future setlists?

Never mind. Perhaps next time it will be You Got Me Rocking (quickly runs away and hides).

...and make himself a clown intentionally in front of tenthousands of people? I guess he's cleverer than that but maybe I'm wrong.

Posted by: Markbot ()
Date: October 30, 2021 08:29

Listening to my recording of the show now. What a hell of a good time it was.

Since Sad Sad Sad was so bad according to the comments here I guess I should not include that track in my upload on Dime.thumbs up

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: October 30, 2021 08:42

Great show an setlist watching full concert on youtube excellent.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 30, 2021 08:49

Beast and Faraway Eyes? Two songs from 'Some Girls' in a row – rather rare in this part of the set
Little wonder that Keith dropped Before They Make Me Run – four 'Some Girls' songs in a single show might have been too much

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-30 09:44 by slewan.

Posted by: WillInUK ()
Date: October 30, 2021 11:25

First time I manage to follow it live. I loved it; dodgy views, broken feeds, audience songalong, bum notes and all! Its rock and roll man!

Thanks to all who made the feeds.
From from deep dark and dank sutton Coldfield UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-30 11:27 by WillInUK.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: October 30, 2021 11:58

Markbot
Listening to my recording of the show now. What a hell of a good time it was.

Since Sad Sad Sad was so bad according to the comments here I guess I should not include that track in my upload on Dime.thumbs up

Thanks for recording the show and your plan of soon uploading it to Dime.

This videotaper did the same and uploaded the whole show minus Sad Sad Sad

[www.youtube.com]

N

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 30, 2021 12:05

[www.youtube.com]

Not as bad as I expected. The beat is pretty good and energetic.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 30, 2021 12:14

franzk
[www.youtube.com]

still very bad

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 30, 2021 12:15

franzk
[www.youtube.com]

It's fine other than the solo which had me wincing and laughing simultaneously. Not surprised the poster has turned comments off.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 30, 2021 12:25

I thought it was probably the best version I have heard of that song APART from the solo.....

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 30, 2021 12:47

Sad Sad Sad was good in 89/90 and 2002. The new versions are maybe not always excellent, but it's always nice to hear something written after 1981.

They should give Flip The Switch, Don't Stop or Rough Justice a try.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-30 12:51 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: October 30, 2021 13:32

TheBlockbuster
Sad Sad Sad was good in 89/90 and 2002. The new versions are maybe not always excellent, but it's always nice to hear something written after 1981.

Saint Of Me

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: October 30, 2021 13:36

I love The Stones in tune, outta tune, wrong note, right note. Going to Dallas and then Vegas after seeing the two LA shows. I am just enjoying every song, every minute, every moment of any Stones show I can see now. I hope to celebrate my 60th with The Stones 60th Anniversary next year

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 30, 2021 13:40

rebelrebel
franzk
[www.youtube.com]

It's fine other than the solo which had me wincing and laughing simultaneously. Not surprised the poster has turned comments off.

Yes, it was going nicely until it came to solo time.

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: October 30, 2021 13:53

Agree! More neewer songs. There are plenty to choose from. I have seen 50 concerts the latest 40 years. 50 Brown sugar, honky tonk woman, tumbling dice. All fantastic songs, but I dont mind replacing Brown sugar this tour. Doom and gloom, Rouge Justice, out of control, Saint of me all good live rockers. Glad they do Ghost town.

Tampa - Friday 29-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 30, 2021 14:02

Thank you for a great night Tampa! Next stop Dallas

[twitter.com]

Date: October 30, 2021 14:05

Complete satisfaction tonight with @therollingstones WHAT A NIGHT

[twitter.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 30, 2021 14:47

Green Lady
rebelrebel
franzk
[www.youtube.com]

This song needs a third guitar (Mick)

Date: October 30, 2021 14:54

TheBlockbuster

The Phoenix 2019 "Sad sad Sad" was not too shabby.

Anyway,it's a better song than "Rough Justice" or "Don't Stop".I have heard enough of those 2. And enough of "Brown Sugar" that it can be given a break.

If they are going to look to add more post-1981 songs,they should consider Voodoo Lounge 1st.Just not "You Got Me Rocking".Almost anything from the album except for that one.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: October 30, 2021 15:02

MisterDDDD
mosthigh
rlj1010
Got my lucky dips. I know it's hard to complain because they were so cheap, but kinda disappointed compared to all the other success stories this leg...

Rear GA. Oh well... will try to make the best of it.

Some people have had success getting in the pit just with their LD wristband. Worth a shot.

Friend just texted a pic with LD Pit2..

If there's a take away, perhaps be leery of picking up early when the Rear GA's aren't sold out (at least not last I checked)..

In the case of Tampa, the time you picked up LD made no difference as the tickets were already pre-sorted in sealed envelopes with buyers' names on them.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 30, 2021 15:03

KRiffhard
Green Lady
rebelrebel
franzk
[www.youtube.com]

This song needs a third guitar (Mick)

Yeah Mick in open-G, this tune is written in that tuning so it's bizarre that they do it with 2 standard tuned guitars, the song gets totally transformed. Keith plays the solo in what, b flat? Spinal Tap vibes!grinning smiley

Date: October 30, 2021 15:15

Date: October 30, 2021 15:16

Date: October 30, 2021 15:17

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 30, 2021 15:19

Winning Ugly VXII
TheBlockbuster

The Phoenix 2019 "Sad sad Sad" was not too shabby.

Anyway,it's a better song than "Rough Justice" or "Don't Stop".I have heard enough of those 2. And enough of "Brown Sugar" that it can be given a break.

If they are going to look to add more post-1981 songs,they should consider Voodoo Lounge 1st.Just not "You Got Me Rocking".Almost anything from the album except for that one.

Yea it would be more fun to hear some rare songs from Voodoo Lounge, BTB and ABB. But I think Keith might struggle with the chord changes for some songs they've not played many times before or never played. And Mick might not feel comfortable singing them.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 30, 2021 15:25

The problem with songs from ABB is that it's hard to tell if they struggle with the chord changes or if that's how it's supposed to go. Listening to ONNYA it always feels like "if it is this, then this it is but it might as well be anything else"

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 30, 2021 15:37

I was really happy we went last night...kind of threatening rain it drizzled during the show at times but the crowd was happy and certainly excited to see the STones......parking in Tampa is a @#$%& nightmare....3rd world insanity to say the least......but the show was surprisingly good...didn't get back to Sarasota until 1:20 AM and got the worst of the rain on the trip back south.

They came out feisty for SFM and then gave us some Cloud ....Sad Sad Sad was a surprise and it was.....when Keith jumped in....certifiably a train wreck...the entire stadium was like...wtf???...........but they recovered and Keith especially recovered to give a decent performance....the highlights really were...the Some Girls set...BOB was beautiful and heartfelt and lovely to hear...Far Away Eyes full of sarcasm and wit was really good.....sorry that Mick didn't go over to KR to harmonize but they still showed a lot of chemistry on stage at other moments....the highlight and low lowlight was Ghost Town....they did an amazing job on that one..the song came alive literally on stage and you could sense the were happy to play it.....but many in the audience took it as a moment to take a break...a rush for food, drink, or bathrooms....it was the saddest point for me as its when I finally realized that they are victims in a way of their success..the crowd wants the hits..they want the supernova numbers and they don't want to really hear anything new....it is what it is....they cruised into intros and Mick did a great job introducing KR the Buccaneer...HAppy was well...happy.....and they moved into the mega hits with ease...MY and Rambler were outstanding as was PIB...the show ended and we were exhausted and cramping because we never sat down once...thank you Stones its been a great ride over the years...one last go and it was a glorious night in Tampa.......

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 30, 2021 15:42

Ronnie Wood-

Thank you Tampa for a wonderful night at the @RJStadium!
The setlist for the show is now available here:
[store.digitalstores.co.uk]…
#StonesTampa

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-30 15:44 by MisterDDDD.

Date: October 30, 2021 16:04

I was a little shocked hearing the two songs from Some Girls back to back as well. Although it was a good change.
Maybe they'll give us two from Tattoo You next. I can see Worried About You and Neighbors making the set list in Vegas.

I was hoping for No Expectations over Faraway Eyes.

They just keep getting better. Hopefully the rumors that the tour will continue to next year will become a reality.

slewan
Beast and Faraway Eyes? Two songs from 'Some Girls' in a row – rather rare in this part of the set
Little wonder that Keith dropped Before They Make Me Run – four 'Some Girls' songs in a single show might have been too much

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home