Hello everybody -
And thank you for the kind words DandelionPowderMan and BV!
It is true! The book-project inspired by the IORR forum, "The Curious Chronicles of Villa Nellcote", finally arrived from the printer yesterday.
I think is looks wonderful! 400 pages, hardback, 22x25 cm.
Europe - NOK 399.- (about 39 euro) plus 18 euro shipping (it is 1.5 kilo/3.3 lb!)
US / The World: NOK 399.- (about 45 US dollars) plus about 27 dollars shipping.
(Please note that the purchase includes shipping and handling, but that your country may charge import duties, taxes and fees.)
Contact me on www.nellcotechronicles.com
to reserve a book. Web-shop opens shortly!About the project:
My way into the Nellcote story naturally centered around the Stones, and the cellar at Nellcote.
However, as I searched for the architect drawings of that famous basement, and met the different families having owned Nellcote, a much bigger story revealed itself - about the villa and all its extraordinary residents.
One drove the fundraising campaign for the Statue of Liberty. Another survived the Titanic catastrophe. A third worked, in secret, for both the Nazis and Allies during World War II.
And then there was Keith Richards …
The story of Villa Nellcote has taken me on an unusual and incredible journey on three continents. I hope you will enjoy it.The Curious Chronicles of Villa Nellcote includes:
• A vast selection of rare and unpublished photos, maps, drawings and ephemera from the villa 1899 - 1974.
• 50 specially selected photos from Dominique Tarle´s portfolio from Nellcote in 1971.
• Architect drawings of Nellcote – including the basement where The Stones recorded tracks for «Exile on Main St.»
• The original Nellcote guestbook from World War I, reproduced for the first time ever.
• The never-before-seen journal from the Titanic catastrophe, written by one of Nellcote´s owners.
• Exceptional images of the German soldiers in Villefranche-sur-Mer during World War II.
• Georgia Bergman´s personal journal from 1971, offering a rare glimpse into the real chronology of the events at Villa Nellcote during the Stones stay.
• Mick McKenna´s custom-made technical drawings of The Rolling Stones Mobile visiting Nellcote in 1971.
• The 1971 Nellcote phonebook, displaying the names and numbers of the power players and celebrities visiting the villa.
• The book offers new interviews and exclusive contributions from the 1971 Stones entourage: Marlon Richards, photographer Dominique Tarlé, author Robert Greenfield, Stones office administrator Georgia Bergman, record producer Robin Millar, artist Stanislas Klossowski de Rola, Nellcote chef Gérard Mosiniak, Rolling Stones Records´ European Label Manager Trevor Churchill, International Label Manager at WEA France Dominic Lamblin, Stage and Lighting Technician Bruce Byall, as well as the siblings Jake and Charley Weber.
• Contributing museums and art collections: Sotheby´s New York, Arts et Métiers Paris, New York Public Library, New Orleans Historical Collections, Staatsarchive Zurich, Swiss Federal Archives Bern, National Bibliothèque France, Military Archive Freiburg, Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum Jerusalem.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 21:12 by RobberBride.