Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: The Curious Chronicles of Villa Nellcote - New unique book out now
Posted by: Georges ()
Date: December 3, 2021 18:41

The Curious Chronicles of Villa Nellcote is the most comprehensive book about the place. And the shape of the book is quite beautiful.
It is quite instructive about the house, history, everything and, of course, Keith Richards. It is complementary with books and pics of Dominique Tarlé.
To-day I got my book. I have quite a material to read.
This is the book every one must have.

Posted by: Beaver ()
Date: December 6, 2021 14:01

Ordered a copy today. Looking forward to enjoy it! Order#562

Bjørn

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: December 6, 2021 14:35

I got my copy last week after a long wait because the one I ordered directly from Geir didn't make it and was sent back to him ( something got wrong with French postal services). I successfully ordered from Galerie de l'instant and finally had the privilege to open this fantastic book.
Geir helped me in every step to sort out the problem.

For all of us who read countless books about the making of Exile, who saw Dominique Tarlé pictures, this book is the one we needed to glue all pieces together.
Exile is an atmosphere translated into the music, the myth, the legend.This atmosphére derives from the history of this house, its various owners its unique location.
The book tells you everything you need to know to deep dive into the world of wealth and taste.
Very well written and documented. It's a must have even if you're not a Rolling Stones fan!
Congratualtions for this achievement.

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: December 6, 2021 19:13

Ordered my copy (#508) last week from the Geir website. Can't wait! Anyone care to guess what shipping time to the States might be?

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: December 6, 2021 21:05

TheBadRabbit
Ordered my copy (#508) last week from the Geir website. Can't wait! Anyone care to guess what shipping time to the States might be?

Hey BadRabbit!
Judging from those who receive their copies in the US now, the estimate is 17 days. A lot of mail due to Christmas and fewer flights due to Covid makes the transportation a bit challenging winking smiley
However, with the copies now being in the #800s I cant really complain about the ultra few parcels that hit a snag.

Thank you, Olympia for the kind words and patience!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 7, 2021 17:25

order #580 for me smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 8, 2021 19:44

Just got the book and it's safe to say it's the absolute definitive work on the subject. I doubt anyone will be able to do better than you Geir.
The wealth of photographic material is simply stupendous and I'm sure the text is on par with the illustrations.

I'm sure the original run of 1000 copies (all numbered by hand) will be sold out before the end of the year, so hurry up if you're on the fence.

It's a heavy bulky elegant book that will look good in your library.

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: December 9, 2021 23:09

Many thanks to Galerie de l'Instant in Paris for organizing for the preview of Dominique Tarlé's pictures of Nellcote 50 years after they were taken.

I got my copy (203/1000) signed both by Tarlé and Geir (I didn't figure out you are so young).

There will be another signature of the book on saturday (4.30 to 6.30 PM).

Very nice exhibition and there were some pics I haven't seen before.

Thnak you Julia and all the staff at the Galerie.

Date: December 10, 2021 17:44

Geir Hørnes in Paris, at Galerie de l’Instant, signing his book The Curious Chronicles of Villa Nellcote.
This book is the most comprehensive book about Villa Nellcote. It is fully instructive. It is well written. It has lots of historical pictures and many pictures taken by Dominique Tarlé. It is beautiful and exceptional.
Thanks a lot to Geir, Dominique and all the staff of Galerie de l’Instant.

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: December 10, 2021 17:57

Ordered this afternoon by net

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: December 10, 2021 18:15

A copy of this wonderful work arrived today and now I can't stop reading. If Eugene Thomas-Pietri had a clue, what would happen in his house? Surely not. Nobody would have thought, that there once will be a book with 120 years of history, lots of details, maps, pictures and fascinating stories, all about this villa.

Thanks a lot Geir. Your book is a real masterpiece.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 10, 2021 23:29

Wow, I've never heard any of that stuff before! Fascinating history.

Date: December 12, 2021 17:10

Date: December 26, 2021 20:37

Thank you to all of you who send me images of the Nellcote book underneath the Christmas tree! Mindboggling to think it is spread everywhere now. There is even a Nellcote book on Greenland!

For those of you curious: the presentation of the book (as documented by dear Georges) in Paris went very well.

Paris was a Thursday night vernissage and exhibition opening. Then a workshop in Tarlés dark room the day after. Can you imagine seeing the sheets of Tarlé´s negatives (heartattack 1) coming to life (heartattack 2) in real time?! I knew that every single Tarlé print is unique, but witnessing the process of developing and shaping the exposition, vignettes and contrast by hand (like mime) was a truly unique experience.

On Saturday we had a signing session with the participants getting acquainted with the original Nellcote phonebook, the hip Swedish Nellcote perfume and the wine produced by the family of the first owner (La Font des Ormes). Great evening.

Hope to repeat the experience next summer when the boys roll out the tour.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: December 26, 2021 21:10

A brilliant way to end the year of the Nellcote Chronicals.

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: December 26, 2021 22:03

What a fantastic book to own. Especially after a second shipment forced me to wait another week...

Geir must have felt Sherlock Holmes doing his research. Brilliant contents and beautiful layout. I suppose it will be sold out soon, which it absolutely deserves!

Let it rock!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 26, 2021 22:22

Bought two copies ....
Such a wonderful book ..... total class

ROCKMAN

Posted by: paulbright81 ()
Date: December 27, 2021 00:26

My copy arrived in Glasgow Scotland. A stunning piece of work. Just beautiful.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 27, 2021 11:56

This looks great!

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: December 27, 2021 11:56

what a fantastic book (copy-number 362)- arrived in germany.
and so much fantastic (unseen) pictures & new details about the recording og songs like "tumblin´dice" oder "sweet virginia".
by far the best thing i have ever read about nellcote!

this book is highly recommended and warmly recommended to everyone!

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: December 28, 2021 20:32

If you are living in Oslo or nearaby, you can also buy it at
Big Dipper Record Store,
Møllergt 1, Oslo

I bought my copy there today.

Per Arne

Posted by: DD ()
Date: December 29, 2021 02:32

Hello RobberBride,

(Before asking him my question, I will state to the rest of you that the book is a quite wondrous and magnificent item which will without doubt enhance your Stoneslife.)

I read the question about whether the current owners of the house will receive a copy, and your answer. How about whether a certain FORMER resident and his singing chum will get to read about the house in which they spent a relatively short time, but the existence of which they have written into history?

Declan

Date: December 29, 2021 21:48

RobberBride
I knew that every single Tarlé print is unique, but witnessing the process of developing and shaping the exposition, vignettes and contrast by hand (like mime) was a truly unique experience.

yeah burning and dodging (that's the name of the thing) is a spectacular thing to witness!

Date: December 29, 2021 23:03

dcba
RobberBride
I knew that every single Tarlé print is unique, but witnessing the process of developing and shaping the exposition, vignettes and contrast by hand (like mime) was a truly unique experience.

yeah burning and dodging (that's the name of the thing) is a spectacular thing to witness!

Right?! Thank you for supplying the correct terminology!

And Declan, thank you for your kind words! To answer your fun question, all the contributors, even certain former occupants, have received their copies winking smiley

Robberbride

Date: January 18, 2022 14:58

Having now read this wonderful book from cover to cover, I must congratulate RobberBride on his work. A fascinating journey through the life of Villa Nellcote and all who lived and partied within. These well researched chronicles are curious indeed!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: January 18, 2022 15:35

I am yet to read this beautiful book but I am very much looking forward to it! The presentation is delightful and it's a proper top notch tomb! From a collecting point of view this first edition has all the qualities necessary to be highly prized. Geir has clearly done an incredible job and is literally giving these away for such a limited edition. If you haven't already bought one, I would get your skates on before you don't have the opportunity.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 18, 2022 16:38

Matt Lee
Geir has clearly done an incredible job and is literally giving these away for such a limited edition.

You're right, Matt. I guess it's a labor of love. The price is probably set at equilibrium (+/-0).

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 18, 2022 16:57

Just ordered #720...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 27, 2022 17:37

Received and highly recommended!
Thanks Geir!

Date: January 27, 2022 17:59

Printed in Norway, not in some remote place in the Far East!

Yeah at 40€ it's a bargain! thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home