Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith before Minneapolis show, short video
Posted by: snorton ()
Date: October 27, 2021 02:59

Re: Keith before Minneapolis show, short video
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 27, 2021 11:21

Two things come to mind, Keith lost a lot of hair in the past two years, that's unusual at that age, the loss is normally complete at that age.

The other thing, is that a cigarette or a joint, thought he'd given up on cigarettes so hopefully it's a joint.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: October 27, 2021 11:48

Minneapolis - opening chords to start me up - has to be the cleanest he has hit those in a long time. Great stuff.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: October 27, 2021 12:11

Rocktiludrop
...is that a cigarette or a joint, thought he'd given up on cigarettes so hopefully it's a joint.

In Nashville, after an extremely heartfelt-seeming Slipping Away, he seemed to be offstage longer than usual and Mick maybe 2 min. into Miss You before coming back out. (Or maybe it was a normal length post-set break for him. I haven't timed them.)

When he did come back out beside Steve, he didn't jump right back into playing... and was finishing a cigarette. It seemed to me that after that Slipping Away he used a substantial break and a cigarette, maybe to compose himself.

Just my impresssion, re: the need for a long-ish break. But he definitely was smoking. My guess is that dealing with Charlie's death while touring is why he's smoking again.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: October 27, 2021 12:14

i think he played the intro from
before they make me run,
not start me up, like GJB mentioned

Date: October 27, 2021 12:55

thomashanck
i think he played the intro from
before they make me run,
not start me up, like GJB mentioned

I think GJB was referring to the SMU-version from the Minneapolis-show.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 27, 2021 13:26

Rocktiludrop
Keith lost a lot of hair in the past two years, that's unusual at that age, the loss is normally complete at that age.

Why are you pleading so hard not to be taken seriously. I mean seriously

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: October 27, 2021 16:39

Interesting that he played chords the way he used to do with the New Barbarians. He never did that kind of intro again after 1979, I think.

Date: October 27, 2021 16:43

I liked the «triple intro» with the Barbarians! But Keith is playing the chorus in that Minneapolis-video, methinks.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 16:49 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 27, 2021 16:57

Nikkei
Rocktiludrop
Keith lost a lot of hair in the past two years, that's unusual at that age, the loss is normally complete at that age.

Why are you making a comment in a subject that doesn't concern you.

I meant that he has considerably less hair than in 2019. What is your problem with that.

Date: October 27, 2021 17:00

Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
Rocktiludrop

I meant that he has considerably less hair than in 2019. What is your problem with that.

You said the loss is normally complete when you should have said it is completely normal

Date: October 27, 2021 17:17

Nikkei
Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
Rocktiludrop

You said the loss is normally complete when you should have said it is completely normal

I mean that most men have already lost all the hair they are going to lose by the time they are in their late 70s.
So Keith has clearly lost more hair in the past two years, i find that unusual as hair loss has usually taken its course by that age .
My bad Nikkei , i didn't make it clear what i was trying to say.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 27, 2021 17:24

Nikkei
Rocktiludrop

Wow rocktiludrop Did you figure that all all by yourself? Geeez

Date: October 27, 2021 17:27

Cooltoplady
Nikkei
Rocktiludrop

Wow rocktiludrop Did you figure that all all by yourself? Geeez

Troll

Date: October 27, 2021 17:41

TheBluesHadaBaby
Rocktiludrop
...is that a cigarette or a joint, thought he'd given up on cigarettes so hopefully it's a joint.

In Nashville, after an extremely heartfelt-seeming Slipping Away, he seemed to be offstage longer than usual and Mick maybe 2 min. into Miss You before coming back out. (Or maybe it was a normal length post-set break for him. I haven't timed them.)

When he did come back out beside Steve, he didn't jump right back into playing... and was finishing a cigarette. It seemed to me that after that Slipping Away he used a substantial break and a cigarette, maybe to compose himself.

Just my impresssion, re: the need for a long-ish break. But he definitely was smoking. My guess is that dealing with Charlie's death while touring is why he's smoking again.

It's normal for Keith to take a break at the beggining of Miss You, on the contrary Keith's in great shape, i doubt he was smoking a cigarette, more than likely benign weed.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 27, 2021 18:09

Rocktiludrop
TheBluesHadaBaby
Rocktiludrop

It's normal for Keith to take a break at the beggining of Miss You, on the contrary Keith's in great shape, i doubt he was smoking a cigarette, more than likely benign weed.

I think it a good strategic move that they play "Miss You" after Keith's slot nowadays. Since he doesn't very much contribute to the song any longer (or they can do well without his full support), he can relax, take a small break and just jam along to be ready to take the full charge again in "Midnight Rambler".

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 18:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 27, 2021 18:17

Rocktiludrop
Two things come to mind, Keith lost a lot of hair in the past two years, that's unusual at that age, the loss is normally complete at that age.

The other thing, is that a cigarette or a joint, thought he'd given up on cigarettes so hopefully it's a joint.

Cigarettes are whiter than that. It appears to be a machine-rolled j or cone.

Date: October 27, 2021 18:56

Doxa
Rocktiludrop
TheBluesHadaBaby
Rocktiludrop

I think it a good strategic move that they play "Miss You" after Keith's slot nowadays. Since he doesn't very much contribute to the song any longer (or they can do well without his full support), he can relax, take a small break and just jam along to be ready to take the full charge again in "Midnight Rambler".

- Doxa

Yeah Doxa it makes good sense for Keith to take a break at some point.
Miss You has become an unannounced break for Keith along with the start of Sympathy.

Date: October 27, 2021 19:08

NashvilleBlues
Rocktiludrop

Yep so doesn't mean Keith's smoking again in that way because he smokes strong Marlboroug ciggies. ( when he smokes)

That's something else he's smoking winking smiley

Date: October 27, 2021 19:17

Rocktiludrop
NashvilleBlues
Rocktiludrop

Yep so doesn't mean Keith's smoking again in that way because he smokes strong Marlboroug ciggies. ( when he smokes)

I think so. And when he smoked in Nashville, he made a face at Steve and they laughed, and Keith waved the smoke away. Those reactions appeared to indicate he was blazing.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: October 27, 2021 19:58

DandelionPowderman
I liked the «triple intro» with the Barbarians! But Keith is playing the chorus in that Minneapolis-video, methinks.

[www.youtube.com]

I guess you´re right. I did not noticed that the former intro IS indeed the chorus

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 27, 2021 21:19

Nikkei
Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
Rocktiludrop

What ever he meant, why even bring it up. Hey Keith has a new wrinkle. Normally complete at his age. Just bazaar that some one would actually say that.

Date: October 27, 2021 21:25

DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

Yeah that's nice, out of curiosity which version do you prefer out of this one or the one he played the other night in Minneapolis.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: October 27, 2021 21:30

TheBluesHadaBaby
Rocktiludrop

I get what you’re saying. I was at Charlotte and I too thought the break was longer than it normally was. I was actually a little nervous that something happened to him. I was sitting in the PIT for the first time, so I thought that maybe he always took that long, I just didn’t notice it before because I wasn’t so close up.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 27, 2021 21:35

How long ago did Keith supposedly quit smoking? After a lifetime habit, it wouldn’t be at all surprising if he’d started again after Charlie’s passing. Then again, we don’t know the circumstances of what exactly happened to Charlie. It could’ve been a return of throat cancer; hardly a pro-smoking disease. Some are saying that it’s cannabis. That’s equally as bad, in my view; although for different reasons.

Date: October 27, 2021 22:28

NashvilleBlues
Rocktiludrop
NashvilleBlues
Rocktiludrop
...The other thing, is that a cigarette or a joint, thought he'd given up on cigarettes so hopefully it's a joint.

I think so. And when he smoked in Nashville, he made a face at Steve and they laughed, and Keith waved the smoke away. Those reactions appeared to indicate he was blazing.

I saw his joking with Steve probably something like, I decided to come back out after all! And waving his smoke away just out of consideration... not everybody wants smoke in their face.

I wouldn't doubt that that's a joint there in the short vid in Minneapolis. But Minnesota's a world away from Tennessee when it comes to legalizing marijuana.

In Tennessee, despite many attempts to legalize simple use, possession of any amount is still a criminal misdemeanor. (See Tenn. on marijuana, per Wikipedia Cannabis_in_Tennessee ) The City of Nashville has come closest to legalizing recreational use... but even under a half ounce anyone can still be charged with a crime for it, and needs to rely on the DA to not prosecute.

Yes, we're talking about one of the world's legendary drug scofflaws here. But Keith lives in the U.S., surely knows which states have legalized marijuana and which ones like Tennessee have not. He's pushing 78. I doubt he wants to deal with that kind of easily avoidable hassel anymore.

Everyone, band and crew alike, is being extremely careful to not disrupt this uniquely difficult-to-put-on tour. The guy's smart. I just don't see him, in this particular situation, taking such a reckless risk as flaunting smoking a joint onstage in, of all states, Tennessee.

Weed in the Minneapolis vid, okay, no reason to argue that.

But tobacco onstage in Tennessee is how I'm still seeing it.

Just my opinion. I could always be wrong.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: October 27, 2021 22:35

You can bet that Keith isn't gonna get busted because he has pot on him. These days it would become a giant media celebration in favor of him

Date: October 27, 2021 22:38

TheBluesHadaBaby
NashvilleBlues
Rocktiludrop
NashvilleBlues
Rocktiludrop
...The other thing, is that a cigarette or a joint, thought he'd given up on cigarettes so hopefully it's a joint.

I saw his joking with Steve probably something like, I decided to come back out after all! And waving his smoke away just out of consideration... not everybody wants smoke in their face.

I wouldn't doubt that that's a joint there in the short vid in Minneapolis. But Minnesota's a world away from Tennessee when it comes to legalizing marijuana.

In Tennessee, despite many attempts to legalize simple use, possession of any amount is still a criminal misdemeanor. (See Tenn. on marijuana, per Wikipedia Cannabis_in_Tennessee ) The City of Nashville has come closest to legalizing recreational use... but even under a half ounce anyone can still be charged with a crime for it, and needs to rely on the DA to not prosecute.

Yes, we're talking about one of the world's legendary drug scofflaws here. But Keith lives in the U.S., surely knows which states have legalized marijuana and which ones like Tennessee have not. He's pushing 78. I doubt he wants to deal with that kind of easily avoidable hassel anymore.

Everyone, band and crew alike, is being extremely careful to not disrupt this uniquely difficult-to-put-on tour. The guy's smart. I just don't see him, in this particular situation, taking such a reckless risk as flaunting smoking a joint onstage in, of all states, Tennessee.

Weed in the Minneapolis vid, okay, no reason to argue that.

But tobacco onstage in Tennessee is how I'm still seeing it.

Just my opinion. I could always be wrong.

I live 20 minutes from Nashville. Saw Snoop smoke a j on stage in the mid-90's at Starwood after talking about it. It was impossible to ignore. No one cared. It wasn't legal ANYWHERE then.

I highly doubt a cop would bust Keith for weed in 2021. If they're not busting the crowd for getting baked, they sure wouldn't touch Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 23:11 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: October 27, 2021 23:12

Nikkei
You can bet that Keith isn't gonna get busted because he has pot on him. These days it would become a giant media celebration in favor of him

thumbs up

Date: October 27, 2021 23:32

NashvilleBlues
I live 20 minutes from Nashville. Saw Snoop smoke a j on stage in the mid-90's at Starwood. No one cared. It wasn't legal ANYWHERE then.

And he didn't have the weight on his shoulders of responsibility for the completion of possibly the last Rolling Stones tour of the U.S. ever, did he?

We've all seen 10s, 100s of 1000s of people toking where and when it was still illegal.

Doesn't change the fact that in Tennessee in October 2021 simple possession of one single joint is still a criminal misdemeanor. That means any Tennessee police officer seeing Keith Richards with one has the authority to arrest him for it. It takes just one guy with a badge who's chosen to bust people for weed all his career and decides, hey, it's still a crime here. I'm arresting Mr. Bigshot Rolling Stone, and let our liberal fu**ing DA nolle-pross him if he wants to; that'll be on him.

Bruce Springsteen got charged when he shouldn't have only a few months ago. This shit happens. And court dates can really play havoc with a tour.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home