Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rod Stewart
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 18:39

Hello everyone.I was listening to Rod Stewart's concert in youtube 2021. The song was Maggue May. My favourite song. However after listening for few seconds I had to turn it off as I could not stand his recent voice. It has deteriorated. Iam sorry to say he must give up. Songs like forever young, infatuation and many others does not even come close to original. Atleast ROLLING STONES performs their list almost like the original

Re: Rod Stewart
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 25, 2021 18:53

he he ..
yeah, almost. smiling smiley

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 25, 2021 21:15

So you listen to a live version recorded with a cell phone and played back on cell phone?

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 21:25

Rod Stewart seems to be singing a lot of songs in a lower key. That what I hear when I play YouTube videos. A lot of these guys in their 70’s do not have the voice they had when they were younger.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 25, 2021 22:39

NOBODY has the singing voice they did 50 years ago. It is a fantasy to think they would sound the same. Some can still pull off a semblance of what they once sounded like, but the laws of nature catch up to all performers. With strong backing vocals and instrumentation, they can pull it off.
Mick’s voice has weakened but he is still an incredible performer. He must work very hard at staying in shape.
Mecca’s voice is pretty much shot. It sounds more feeble all the time. But God bless him for touring and performing all these years. If I go to a concert to see a favorite from back in the day I adjust my expectations and then I can enjoy the show.
“Time waits for no one”. But, as Keith always says, “It’s good to be anywhere,”

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 25, 2021 22:52

Gary Brooker has. At least in 2006...

Gary Brooker

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: October 25, 2021 23:01

And then there is Bryan Ferry, an utter example of the phenomenon.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 25, 2021 23:05

When I last saw Paul McCartney in 2019 I had read reports of his voice being bad but I was surprised that he sounded as good as he did! Even mentioned it to the girl I was with and she agreed.
Last saw Rod in 2018 and his voice wasn't that bad either although I believe they were playing in a lower key, which isn't bad.
Two singers that I've seen in the past few years that still sound pretty good are Rob Halford of Judas Priest and Bruce Dickenson of Iron Maiden.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 25, 2021 23:29

Wet Willie's Jimmy Hall still sounds great.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 25, 2021 23:47

Gary Brooker still sounded pretty good last time I saw Procol, about 8 or 10 years back.

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: October 25, 2021 23:49

I agree. I saw Paul McCartney on the same tour and thought he was great (saw him the three UK shows) - in my opinion much better vocaly than he was a few years earlier, actually. Also saw Rod in 2018 Stewart in Bristol in 2018 and did not think about his voice being bad at all. But I was in the first ten rows somewhere. Heard from someone else at the same concert that they thought the sound, his voice etc. was bad, but they were far away from stage. I also think you can't judge a live performance from a cell phone recording. And again, it is live, it is not supposed to be perfect. If it is, it is probably sing back.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home