Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Minneapolis show live updates - Sunday 24-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 26, 2021 04:09

I'll comment...

My excuse for being late is that I just got home a while ago from the 12hr return drive to Ohio...

I had a great time in my first Pit show last night. Sounded good down there, I was hopin' the PA hangin' wouldn't go "over my head", as I've had that problem with other acts' shows where the killer seats can miss the sound.

What can ya say? I pretty much over-analyze the details after all these years, but seein' it all right in your face is as good as it gets! The guys and Sasha are all having great fun, you can see it so plainly, and it translates in the show... anyone who digs this band and loves the music needs to get a ticket, they're delivering full-tilt in 2021!

Fool to Cry... Holy S*@t!! What a great surprise, and graced upon us without the vote! Great version, with Chuck handling all the keys... Ronnie did a great job on lead work, too... I haven't watched the video yet, but it got me thinkin', there's a track that hasn't been given an official live release, maybe that was the take... I went bonkers in '99 in Pittsburgh, in the 4th row in front of Keith when they did that for me, and last night on Keith's side they dropped it on me for the second time! 22 years later and well worth the wait!

Monkey Man kicked, too... my newfound buddy down there said it was his choice, and he won over my Neighbors.

Midnight Rambler, the money shot, 12-13 minutes of bliss, I hope it hits hard for the casual fan, too... there was a 20-something chickie losing her mind right in front of me on it, a beautiful thing to see!

Sasha is a rock 'n' roller! She is into it! Great to see her energy and I'm sure they love to feed off of it...

Steve Jordan is doing a phenomenal job behind the kit. No one is Charlie, no one could ever be, and they all know it. He is having a blast and Keith loves him back there, you can see their chemistry... he is his own man behind the kit, and yet there are touches of CRW in there, too, I think...

Black Pumas... Wow! Never gave 'em a listen until last Monday when I scored the ticket...Eric Burton on vocals is a rock star... what a great band! Their Expanded Deluxe was a great soundtrack for my 0315 departure this morning...

Had a great time in Minneapolis, my first visit to Minnesota and Wisconsin in our fair land... beautiful scenes with the fall leaves changing and all. Met some cool folks and found a nice little bar on 8th St. serving great food and a nice pint of Guinness, a very memorable Twin Cities blitz!

Re: Minneapolis show live updates - Sunday 24-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 26, 2021 04:41

Congrats TKinOH!

Fantastic review. Sounds like a great time!
Definitely delivering full tilt as you say on this tour. smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2021 04:47

Irix
northof49

Just came across this. Keith, backstage Minneapolis, warming himself up for Before They Make me Run.

It's from Keith's [www.Instagram.com] & [www.Facebook.com] - (24-Oct-2021).

Keith still has plenty of hair on his head!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 26, 2021 04:54

Hairball
Irix
northof49

Just came across this. Keith, backstage Minneapolis, warming himself up for Before They Make me Run.

Didn't get Happy Hairball and that's ok.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2021 05:40

shattered
Hairball
Irix
northof49

Didn't get Happy Hairball and that's ok.

Yes shattered I was following along last night - looks like Happy might have been a one-off this tour, though I have faith it will make a return somewhere down the line! On the bright side you got to hear Monkey Man! smiling smiley
And speaking of one offs, there's been quite a few thus far - several that come to mind are Rocks Off, All Down the Line, Beast of Burden, Ruby Tuesday, and Get Off My Cloud. Monkey Man is another, and hope all of those get played again. That said, will be interesting to see if they play any other tunes that haven't made the setlist yet...there's SO MANY! And of course Keith needs to play Happy again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-26 05:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 26, 2021 11:50

Complete show here:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 26, 2021 13:33

rebelrebel
Complete show here:

[www.youtube.com]
Great video! Capturing the atmosphere of being in the stadium very well. Usually you only see real close ups or videos from the upper level seats.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: October 26, 2021 14:10

I believe we met over LDs in StL. If so, thanks for the tip about pit passes; it worked Sunday night and it was great.

Posted by: esqcjh ()
Date: October 26, 2021 18:56

I would like to say that the versions of MR and SFTD were some of the best I've heard in the close to 70 shows I have seen. MR is just a song that transports me and this was exceptional. The Keith riffs in SFTD shook me this night. Happy to get Monkey Man, FTC & Connection. Very glad I made the trip and happy to have been able to help a board member with my almost unused Lucky Dip.
On another note I just showed my girl the picture of Keith & Mick sharing the mic and said, "Do these two guys look like they hate each other?" She says, "They look like two guys in the nursing home doing karaoke." If so, that's the home for me! Just for that I will 'drag' her to Tampa on another pair of Lucky Dips.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: October 26, 2021 22:29

Man Keith was ripping it up on SFTD.
I'm super impressed!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 26, 2021 23:29

why are there so few videos of this show on youtube compared to the others and so distant too

getting burls creek 2019 vibes

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: October 27, 2021 01:08

ProfessorWolf
why are there so few videos of this show on youtube compared to the others and so distant too

I'm not convinced this show even happened.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: October 27, 2021 01:49

Interestingly, when they show the list of songs on the screens before announcing the song selection, Highway Child is listed! That was never officially released!!!

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: October 27, 2021 02:11

Another great show!
No pit for this show. Had lucky dips. Pulled section 130 row 9. 0 for 2 this tour with pulling pits with my LD's.
Looking forward to DET in the pit next!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 16:42 by Chitown23.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 27, 2021 06:44

Rocktiludrop
JJF. Words are not enough.
[m.youtube.com]

Fantastic performance. Especially the last couple of minutes when Mick is out on the walk and then goes back to stage. Keith is just ripping this one up. Lovely!!!

Rod

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 27, 2021 07:41

Chester
ProfessorWolf

There were very few live streams either. Perhaps people have been listening to us complaining about how too many concertgoers are too busy filming the show.

Date: October 27, 2021 10:40

Green Lady
Chester
ProfessorWolf

There were very few live streams either. Perhaps people have been listening to us complaining about how too many concertgoers are too busy filming the show.

smiling smiley Yes, I'm all for being in the moment at a show and don't film at all and yet I'm grateful for all the Youtube videos of shows that I don't attend!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 27, 2021 10:57

Rocktiludrop
Man the way Mick and Keith come out to Street Fighting Man, it's just powerful and unreal.
[m.youtube.com]

Thank you so much for posting this, the fellow who filmed this stood immediately in front of me (and somehow managed to film these without once blocking my view and YES I’m talking to you, Jane Rose! winking smiley ). Very pleased to have this. There are others just as good on his channel. Happy, happy, happy! smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 27, 2021 11:02

Wow, seriously, Jane Rose, that's fantastic.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 12:06 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 27, 2021 12:59

Rocktiludrop: STG didn't mean Jane Rose filmed that video. She meant something completely different...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 27, 2021 15:07

Topi
Rocktiludrop: STG didn't mean Jane Rose filmed that video. She meant something completely different...

Hahaha! I’m grouchy about Jane as she has previously, on multiple occasions, parked herself onto the rail from the inside, to take pics for Keith’s social media, right in front of me, blocking the view. And didn’t even hand out any picks. But not this year, so far. Maybe she’s reformed. The lovely guy who filmed that somehow was very unobtrusive. smiling smiley

Date: October 27, 2021 16:51

SomeTorontoGirl
Topi

Hahaha! I’m grouchy about Jane as she has previously, on multiple occasions, parked herself onto the rail from the inside, to take pics for Keith’s social media, right in front of me, blocking the view. And didn’t even hand out any picks. But not this year, so far. Maybe she’s reformed. The lovely guy who filmed that somehow was very unobtrusive. smiling smiley

Haha who does she think she is ? Keith's manager ?
Seriously though thanks for explaining that, i tend to take things literally.

Can't say as many of Jane's pics and vids actually make it to Keith's social media pages, not much there at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 17:23 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 27, 2021 16:54

Sorry to bust your bubble but I know who posted here as Matt Clifford

Date: October 27, 2021 17:18

Nikkei
Sorry to bust your bubble but I know who posted here as Matt Clifford[/quote

Haha i fell for that one.
Thanks for the heads up though Nikkei thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 17:25 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: October 27, 2021 17:25

I'm still buzzin' about this show...

It occurred to me yesterday, as I meandered my way through a 12-hr workday, that being in the Pit is like bein' at a club gig... the show is right there in front of ya, you can move around the crowded floor if you so desire... Amazing!

You can lose track of the stadium itself until your eyes follow Mick out onto the catwalk, then you get the panoramic view of the size of the show behind you!

Intimate experience with The World's Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band in the biggest and best venues the world has to offer!

Date: October 27, 2021 19:05

TKinOH

It occurred to me yesterday, as I meandered my way through a 12-hr workday, that being in the Pit is like bein' at a club gig... the show is right there in front of ya, you can move around the crowded floor if you so desire... Amazing!

You can lose track of the stadium itself until your eyes follow Mick out onto the catwalk, then you get the panoramic view of the size of the show behind you!

Intimate experience with The World's Greatest Rock'n'Roll Band in the biggest and best venues the world has to offer!

It was far better when it was the Tongue Pit in arena venues. That really was like seeing them in a club. The stage is much higher at stadiums and you can't see everything from the rail like you could in the Tongue Pit.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 27, 2021 21:47

rebelrebel
TKinOH

It was far better when it was the Tongue Pit in arena venues. That really was like seeing them in a club. The stage is much higher at stadiums and you can't see everything from the rail like you could in the Tongue Pit.

So very true.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: October 27, 2021 22:50

3 days later and I'm still in the afterglow of this show

My first time in the pit ever! An absolutely mindblowing experience that I will never forget.

19th Nervous Breakdown was one of my favorite moments of the night, I never thought I would hear it live!

Living in a Ghost Town live has completely changed the song for me. I always liked it, but the boys got into such a groove on Sunday that the song has taken on a new life for me and I totally "get it" now.

Everyone was so locked in... and to be able to see Mick, Keith and Ronnie's faces light up at different points was out of this world. And the way Keith was riffing on Start Me Up was just amazing

Midnight Rambler, what can I say this might be one of my favorite versions of all time. There's so much else to say, but I would go on forever

I was rooting for Monkey Man from the pit and got my wish (my vote for the night).

TKinOH, that could have been me you're talking about. I was in great company - (and I was the one wearing Keith's rasta headband)

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 27, 2021 23:07

gavin95
3 days later and I'm still in the afterglow of this show

My first time in the pit ever! An absolutely mindblowing experience that I will never forget.

19th Nervous Breakdown was one of my favorite moments of the night, I never thought I would hear it live!

Living in a Ghost Town live has completely changed the song for me. I always liked it, but the boys got into such a groove on Sunday that the song has taken on a new life for me and I totally "get it" now.

Everyone was so locked in... and to be able to see Mick, Keith and Ronnie's faces light up at different points was out of this world. And the way Keith was riffing on Start Me Up was just amazing

Midnight Rambler, what can I say this might be one of my favorite versions of all time. There's so much else to say, but I would go on forever

I was rooting for Monkey Man from the pit and got my wish (my vote for the night).

TKinOH, that could have been me you're talking about. I was in great company - (and I was the one wearing Keith's rasta headband)

Yes. In Nashville, Ghost Town really took on a new life for me live. Good stuff. And MR was really nasty (in a good way). Sounds like we had similar highlights (Nashville vs Minneapolis). Glad you got a pit experience!

Date: October 28, 2021 01:47

I'm a lucky boy in that being 6'3" tall, I usually don't have the problems seeing over stages and heads, etc...

But Murphy's Law always has the dude at 6'4" end up in front of me in a GA scenario like the Pit!! But, not on Sunday...

All in all, a great time was had in Minneapolis.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1196
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home