Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wembley 1982 - which show?
Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:44

I can see there’s some comments about this in the Tattoo thread, but thought it may be helpful to start a separate thread on this.

Does anyone know the shows well enough to tell whether it’s the 25th or 26th or a mix of the two?

I do hope that at least some of it is 25th as it was my first ever show. £10.50! Happy memories.

Re: Wembley 1982 - which show?
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 23, 2021 20:00

The general consensus is that it’s the 26th show; with the botched She’s So Cold, edited.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 23, 2021 20:00

YouTube shows Fri., June 25, 1982:

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 23, 2021 21:03

seemingly all from 26/6 other than 'Shes's so cold' which is from 25/6.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 23, 2021 21:04

Irix

[iorr.org]

That just made me so high, why did Mick stop singing like that, why did Keith stop playing it like that.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: October 23, 2021 23:27

At [iorr.org], I guess I started speculation about which show it is. Yes, consensus so far is that it's the 26th, but it remains to be seen why they used a ticket from the 25th in all the clips. My only guess is that it was the most pristine image of a ticket that could be found for the June dates, but that's not a really good reason, IMO.

Gazza might have hit on something, but even the She's so Cold clip has the ticket from the 25th.

For now, I'm calling it "June 1982" or "25 and/or 26 June 1982". That could do with some refinement. Let's see what anybody else comes up with

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 23, 2021 23:33

Gazza
seemingly all from 26/6 other than 'Shes's so cold' which is from 25/6.

Damn what a bummer. At least we have the fantastic DAC boot to enjoy the 1st night.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 23, 2021 23:42

A tenner for a ticket. Those were the days... (I remember paying around 220 SEK for the 1990 Eriksberg (Gothenburg) gig. Which was, roughly, close to 20 quid then.
Outside the venue it was possible to buy tickets for 50 SEK (4£) till the second gig the day after).

Date: October 24, 2021 03:22

stonesman87
At [iorr.org], I guess I started speculation about which show it is. Yes, consensus so far is that it's the 26th, but it remains to be seen why they used a ticket from the 25th in all the clips. My only guess is that it was the most pristine image of a ticket that could be found for the June dates, but that's not a really good reason, IMO.

Gazza might have hit on something, but even the She's so Cold clip has the ticket from the 25th.

For now, I'm calling it "June 1982" or "25 and/or 26 June 1982". That could do with some refinement. Let's see what anybody else comes up with

I didnt research it myself. Read it in Nico's 'Complete Works' facebook page. General consensus at first was that it was all from 26/6 with the botched intro on SSC edited, but someone compared and contrasted the boots of each show and deduced that 'She's So Cold' (and only that song) comes from 25/6/82.

Date: October 24, 2021 12:39

Gazza
stonesman87

I didnt research it myself. Read it in Nico's 'Complete Works' facebook page. General consensus at first was that it was all from 26/6 with the botched intro on SSC edited, but someone compared and contrasted the boots of each show and deduced that 'She's So Cold' (and only that song) comes from 25/6/82.

Good points. And it looks like the mention about the partial video probably ends all hope of finding a complete video of the show - 25th or 26th.

Date: October 29, 2021 09:37

Absolute confirmation of the date (well, according to [www.discogs.com]):

In there is a shot from what is stated as page 102 of the booklet that states "Presented as part of this box set celebrating Tattoo You, is the dynamic performance on 26 June 1982 at Wembley Stadium in London."

So there you go - the 26 June performance, but the concert ticket videos at [www.youtube.com] show a 25 June ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-29 09:39 by stonesman87.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: October 29, 2021 13:23

Yeah its definitely June 26. Checked the Shattered take from 25th and 26th and only 26th fits the one from the official release.

So just She's so cold was taken from the first night.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 29, 2021 14:32

stonesman87

"Presented as part of this box set celebrating Tattoo You, is the dynamic performance on 26 June 1982 at Wembley Stadium in London."

dynamic -----> anemic.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: October 29, 2021 14:45

I listened it a bit from Spotify. Sounded like a bootleg. Does the physical formats also really sound as bad or is it just Spotify. I was considering on getting the box set until I heard this.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 29, 2021 14:47

Rocktiludrop
Irix

[iorr.org]

That just made me so high, why did Mick stop singing like that, why did Keith stop playing it like that.
I think Mick sings it so much better these days. Back then he sounded totally drunk.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 29, 2021 15:59

StonedRambler

I think Mick sings it so much better these days. Back then he sounded totally drunk.

Hmm.. What's bad about that? cool smiley

That said, I am not the biggest fan of Mick's mannish 'singing' in 1981/82 (I think even in cherished Hampton gig he sounds pretty one-dimensional and autopilot-like, it works in some songs, but in some songs not) but he does a great job in this London gig, me thinks. Full of attitude and aggression.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-29 16:00 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 29, 2021 16:22

I need to say that I wasn't that into hearing another show from 1981/82 officially, but I am totally surprised how strong and different performance this is. Is it that they are playing first time for six years in their home town or what, but they seem to have an extra adrenaline there going on. They played fast on that tour, but now even with an extra speed. The energy level of "Under My Thumb" reminds me of GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT version. Especially Mick and Keith are on fire.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-29 16:22 by Doxa.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 30, 2021 00:07

Doxa
StonedRambler

Hmm.. What's bad about that? cool smiley

That said, I am not the biggest fan of Mick's mannish 'singing' in 1981/82 (I think even in cherished Hampton gig he sounds pretty one-dimensional and autopilot-like, it works in some songs, but in some songs not) but he does a great job in this London gig, me thinks. Full of attitude and aggression.

- Doxa
I don't say it's bad. It has a charm in it's own way. But Mick improved so much as a singer and is singing it better today and I think you gotta give him credits for that.

Date: October 30, 2021 00:15

stonesman87
Absolute confirmation of the date (well, according to [www.discogs.com]):

In there is a shot from what is stated as page 102 of the booklet that states "Presented as part of this box set celebrating Tattoo You, is the dynamic performance on 26 June 1982 at Wembley Stadium in London."

So there you go - the 26 June performance, but the concert ticket videos at [www.youtube.com] show a 25 June ticket.

And that makes it definitive? Hardly. Its from both shows, albeit just one song from the 25th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-30 00:41 by Gazza.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home