Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: UK Tabloid Daily Mail making up story about IORR fan club
Date: October 24, 2021 01:50

daily mail can suck it

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 24, 2021 02:30

frankotero
24FPS, great point about political correctness. It's getting far out of hand, keeping in mind we are entitled to our opinions, thoughts and beliefs. But like everything else there's something called balance and reality. Did we learn nothing from the past.

In the late 80s I lived with an Indian girl. (Hindu type Indian) On Sunday nights we would have her family over, dinner, and watch TV. The Simpsons were new. They loved Apu, the convenience store manager. He made them laugh and they swore someone on the show knew Indians, because so much of what Apu did and said was true to them. I was a little wary, thinking, back then, that someone could get upset about a stereotype, no matter how true, somewhere down the road. Sure enough, saw an Indian 'comedian' a couple years back and he was railing against Apu. Now Hank Azaria refuses to do the voice, and they've essentially buried the character.

I'm recently watching the entire run of Big Bang Theory. It has crossed my mind that some loud mouth is going to complain about Raj someday.

I wish the Stones, if that's what they're doing, would not bend to the whim of a very few. Brown Sugar is not that controversial. Just like Under My Thumb is about mutual dominance. The girl who once had me down....

Date: October 24, 2021 02:51

jesus christ, here come the knuckle draggers, again.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 24, 2021 03:54

Sure, the UK Daily Mail is tabloid in some aspects/ I still like it for its real news coverage in UK and USA because this newspaper is politically in the middle. It does not have the leftist slant that 90% of US newspapers have. The top two newspapers in the US are the NY Times and Washington Post. They are slanted left, same as our major TV networks, ABC, NBC, CBS. Believe it or not, the UK Daily Mail has a US edition, a UK edition. an Australian edition online. I read the USA edition all the time to read the news that the NY Times and Washington Post refuse to cover due to their leftism. The UK Daily Mail used to slam Trump, now they slam Joe Biden and his policies. Fair news reporting is what I like.

Posted by: Dannyboy ()
Date: October 24, 2021 04:50

HOW MUCH I DISLIKE THE DAILY MAIL

I would rather
eat Quavers that are six week’s stale,
blow dry the hair of Gareth Bale,
listen to the songs of Jimmy Nail,
than read one page of the Daily Mail.

If I were bored
in a waiting room in Perivale,
on a twelve hour trip on British rail
or a world circumnavigational sail,
I would not read the Daily Mail.

I would happily read
the complete works of Peter Mayle,
the autobiography of Dan Quayle,
selected scripts from Emmerdale,
but I couldn’t ever read the Daily Mail.

Far better to
stand outside in a storm of hail,
be blown out to sea in a powerful gale
then swallowed by a humpback whale
than have to read the Daily Mail.

Even if
I were blind
and it was the only thing
in Braille,
I still would not read
the Daily Mail.

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: October 24, 2021 06:58

Hi B.V.,
Thank you for sharing and sorry this happened to you. I do not have time in my life to worry about why a song was played or not played. I am grateful that The Stones keep going. They inspire me every day to stay focused, stay healthy and get as much done everyday as possible.
Likewise I always appreciate your comments about the city you are in and what you found interesting about that location - thank you for sharing these thoughts.
Have a great show tomorrow - looking forward to reports.
Soundboard

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 24, 2021 08:06

The Daily Mail is right wing trash.You can smell out these brain washed tabloid readers a mile off.They talk the same non sense and garbage-
It wasn’t so long ago when the rag printed an absolute awful close up picture of Mick on the front page.At the time I thought the rag had a vendetta against Mick.I am beginning to think there is some truth in it.
Unfortunately the Media in the UK is probably the worst in the world at printing lies and politically unbalanced non sense.
Kudos to Bjornulf for his cool handling of these Daily Mail Cretanous Clowns.
Do your bit against the Woke brigade and crank that music up loud.This feels like “let’s spend some time together” all over again.

Date: October 24, 2021 18:42

A long time ago a paper made an interview to group of students. My girlfriend was one of them. No word published was really said by anyone. The only truth was the picture of the group. It was the most circulated paper in the country back then.

I prefer not to know what they do when it comes to political issues.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 24, 2021 18:47

Part of me thinks The Stones just wanted to drop the song because they're tired of it. Another part thinks maybe they did it intentionally to provoke a response, and maybe one that proves this is all quite silly. Maybe they've succeeded. Let's wait and see. At least they're still relevantwinking smiley

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: October 24, 2021 19:29

It makes me think there is a class based sense of jealousy that the Rolling Stones are still doing so well.
Sadly, the daily Mail is still one of the highest selling newspapers in the UK…

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 24, 2021 23:08

Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop
In the UK we have the Daily Star. = Shit

We have the Daily Mirror = Shit

The Sun = Shit

Daily Express = Shit

The Independent = Shit

The Guardian = Shit etc etc

Do you see where this is going, they are all the same, all have a political agenda, all bend the facts to suit their owners political and economic world view.

It's the same all over the World, But I will say this,The Daily Mail along with every other paper are pro Rolling Stones if anything, have been for decades, the Stones receive a brilliant complimentary press, it wasn't always this way, remember the Stones being referred to in the 80s as Wrinkly Rockers, Dinosaurs etc, but read the comments from its readers, they dislike all things woke and love the Stones, they are on Mick & Keiths side, they don't want the Stones to be censored.

I've just read the article again, it's defending iorr fan club and it's readers, or am i missing something invisible again.

Even Keith calls the woke brigade THE SISTERS, he's not backing down, Keith saying that the song is about slavery, its not condoning slavery, the Stones have always told it as they see it, that's how they saw it 50 years ago, at least they were brave enough to bring it to listeners attention, it got people talking, that's how you progress by talking about history, not by burying everything like it didn't happen.

It is what it is, it's done, the song exists and no one can cancel it, get over it.

Total crap.

- Doxa

I look forward to your next syllable.

I don't have a need to share my political beliefs on this site nor to defend some awful English tabloid like you do. I do understand the tabloid in question cohers with your conservative views, and you seemingly do not see any problems in their unethical ways to do their journalism - something our moderator pointed out by making this very thread.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-24 23:13 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 24, 2021 23:12

............................................. Bennie

Still the biggest thing we need ta know is who's
the low life that ran to Mr Eden and backstabbed BV/IORR ....

Bennie could do the dirty work for us ...
After all he did hunt down Alfredo Garcia ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 24, 2021 23:12

that's the typical problem/paradoxon with tabloids: if you talk to them they pick out the most stupid thing you said and/or turn your word around like they want. If you refuse to talk to them they either make up their story like they want and/or make up a story of you refusing talk to them (saying you got something to hide etc,). They only way seems to be to ingnore all calls, emails etc. from tabloids.
Once German tabloid 'Bild' asked me for an interviews. I asked the press office of my university to say no…

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 24, 2021 23:26

Rockman

............................................. Bennie

Still the biggest thing we need ta know is who's
the low life that ran to Mr Eden and backstabbed BV/IORR ....

Bennie could do the dirty work for us ...
After all he did hunt down Alfredo Garcia ....

Make enough sound bites you can make anyone believe anything, talking of low lifes.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 24, 2021 23:52

Rocktiludrop
Spot on Rokyfan, you got it thumbs up

Never trust anybody that says praises like “spot on”.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 25, 2021 00:05

Dannyboy
HOW MUCH I DISLIKE THE DAILY MAIL

I would rather
eat Quavers that are six week’s stale,
blow dry the hair of Gareth Bale,
listen to the songs of Jimmy Nail,
than read one page of the Daily Mail.

If I were bored
in a waiting room in Perivale,
on a twelve hour trip on British rail
or a world circumnavigational sail,
I would not read the Daily Mail.

I would happily read
the complete works of Peter Mayle,
the autobiography of Dan Quayle,
selected scripts from Emmerdale,
but I couldn’t ever read the Daily Mail.

Far better to
stand outside in a storm of hail,
be blown out to sea in a powerful gale
then swallowed by a humpback whale
than have to read the Daily Mail.

Even if
I were blind
and it was the only thing
in Braille,
I still would not read
the Daily Mail.

Who wrote this? It's brilliant.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 25, 2021 00:06

wait i didn’t know this is a club.

Date: October 25, 2021 00:07

Cooltoplady
Rocktiludrop
Spot on Rokyfan, you got it thumbs up

Never trust anybody that says praises like “spot on”.

Same meaning as YOU NAILED IT, YOU GOT IT, I AGREE WITH YOU.

Hope this helps with your confusion.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2021 00:09

It does not make any sense to say anything and anyone is shit shit shit and crap crap crap. A lot of news sites are hard working. You may or may not disagree with the facts and the news they are reporting on, but in general, a lot of the newspapers and news sites are hard working and serious.

I will delete any general crap crap shit shit posts here. Feel free to post, but please stay on topic, and please be serious. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Date: October 25, 2021 00:14

Sorry BV for my sledgehammer delivery, but as you noticed they twist the facts, they spin everything for a headline, of course there are some great journalists left that have integrity.

Think it best I stick to the tour, have a good one tonight BV.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 25, 2021 01:01

Never heard of Richard Eden, which is hardly any wonder given how pathetic his "article" is.

Great journalism.

NOT.

Best place for him to be is back under the rock he crawled out from to cobble together a few quotes in a desperate failed attempt to make a story out of a non-story.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 25, 2021 01:04

I'm glad BV spoke about this, because I saw the 'article' some days ago and felt we were not allowed to post about it, because it related to the song that shall not be named. I thought it seemed pretty obvious that BV's 'quotes' were just taken from the site out of context rather than an interview, but some of the content seemed strange - the idea that there had been infiltration by activists to post on this one topic - all the posts I saw came by and large from long-time members from their posting history. I guess I didn't see all of them.
The Daily Mail is obsessed with the Stones, especially Mick, but usually pretty positive, which I think fairly ironic given the paper's right wing agenda. I guess it shows how much the band is now regarded as 'establishment'.

Date: October 25, 2021 01:08

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2021 01:09

Lady Jayne
I'm glad BV spoke about this, because I saw the 'article' some days ago and felt we were not allowed to post about it, because it related to the song that shall not be named. I thought it seemed pretty obvious that BV's 'quotes' were just taken from the site out of context rather than an interview, but some of the content seemed strange - the idea that there had been infiltration by activists to post on this one topic - all the posts I saw came by and large from long-time members from their posting history. I guess I didn't see all of them.
The Daily Mail is obsessed with the Stones, especially Mick, but usually pretty positive, which I think fairly ironic given the paper's right wing agenda. I guess it shows how much the band is now regarded as 'establishment'.

The English are funny people: first you shock them, then they put you in a museum.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 25, 2021 07:10

What the Mail has really got wrong is claiming that the decision to stop playing BS live was a result, rather than a cause, of arguments about it on this site. The big argument first really boiled up on the live thread for the St. Louis show, AFTER it became clear that BS wasn't going to be played.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: October 25, 2021 07:18

Yes. The article was an exaggeration but not totally false.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 25, 2021 08:39

I absolutely wouldn’t buy the newspaper, but I, like so many others, do have a daily glance at the MailOnline. It’s surely the most viewed news-site; in the U.K., at least. Actually, the site is fairly U.S. centric, so I’d imagine there’s quite a following stateside. There’s certainly many Americans who comment there. Another point: those I know - including myself - often have a browse solely for the readers’ comments! The journalism is, admittedly, terrible; but it has it’s place.

On the rare occasion I buy a physical newspaper, it’s usually The Times.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 25, 2021 10:05

Green Lady
What the Mail has really got wrong is claiming that the decision to stop playing BS live was a result, rather than a cause, of arguments about it on this site. The big argument first really boiled up on the live thread for the St. Louis show, AFTER it became clear that BS wasn't going to be played.

This is it!

Whatever motivated the band's decision, must be sought elsewhere. Probably best not to be speculated on, rather to wait if certain information will come up sometime.

Date: October 25, 2021 10:25

Natlanta
wait i didn’t know this is a club.

winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-25 10:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 25, 2021 11:29

Green Lady

Haha, if the Stones really pay attention what we die-hards here write, they would not have skipped just BS, but a dozen other warhorses as well... And why on earth is "Slave" not played yet? winking smiley

Among whatever inconsistencies and ethical problems on that article, some sort of sense of realism is seriously lacking there.. Journalism cannot get much lower in quality as that one I guess.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-25 12:03 by Doxa.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1625
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home