Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
UK Tabloid Daily Mail making up story about IORR fan club
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2021 18:41

The UK tabloid newspaper Daily Mail is featuring a story about the IORR fan club, as just published.

This is how the British Tabloids work:

First the Daily Mail journalist contacted me every day for days, while I was in Los Angeles, asking for an interview. I told him every day the very same message:

Sorry I do not have any comments

Then the journalist asked again and again, and in the end he said this (quote):

I need to establish a few things about this Brown Sugar trolling of IORR story.
I want to talk to you OFF THE RECORD. This means that I will not be quoting you in the article.

So again I told him this:

Then the journalist made up his own story, pretending to have comments from me, making up a lot of strange comments that do not make any sense, as seen below.

Don't believe a word of what the British tabloids print.

Revealed: How woke trolls silenced the Rolling Stones' Brown Sugar by infiltrating their online fan club and swaying debate over the song's lyrics (Daily Mail Oct 21, 2021)

Bjornulf

Re: UK Tabloid Daily Mail making up story about IORR fan club
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 23, 2021 18:53

You did the only right thing there was to do. But still it was clear they would go to any lenghts to inflate the BS issue. Since likely none of this would have happened had the Stones just continued to play the song, it's more like they threw the rightwing tabloid trolls a huge bone to run with...

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:02

Bjornulf, it is sad that you have to deal with this, as it shows the dirty lengths to which some will go to perpetrate myths, stories, and to create controversy that does not exist. The Stones' having dropped Brown Sugar from their set list IS clearly news, but it is also clearly YOUR choice as to whether or not to participate in the discussion. The tabloid story is ridiculous and soon to be forgotten. Keep on enjoying the 2021 Tour!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:04

What complete rubbish. Sounds like the Faux News nonsense in the US. They just make sh!t up.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:05

bv, isn't this one of your comments posted on iorr?... "Like many other things, some people do make this a highly political discussion. It seems like it is impossible for some to discuss Brown Sugar without getting highly political and offensive".

It reads like the way you write - probably lifted from iorr when you posted when the issue of BS was hot here.

I guess the dropping of the song "It's only rock 'n' roll" must mean the Stones don't like Rock 'n' roll anymore.............cool smiley

Posted by: WillInUK ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:07

We (the British public) are ashamed of our press.
Especially the Daily Mail.
I won't even bother to read the article.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-23 19:08 by WillInUK.

Date: October 23, 2021 19:09

WillInUK
We (the British public) are ashamed of our press.
Especially the Daily Mail.
I won't even bother to read the article.

thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:12

Saw this come across my twitter feed this AM and immediately knew it was rubbish.

Good on you Bjornulf for giving them no comment.
Weasels.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:17

Eddie is right, the quote was lifted from BV’s message when he informed us that the discussion was being tabled. Pretty shoddy journalism to not explicitly cite the source and to make it appear their reporter was quoting from a conversation they had with the source (BV).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-23 19:32 by Javadave.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:31

EddieByword
I guess the dropping of the song "It's only rock 'n' roll" must mean the Stones don't like Rock 'n' roll anymore.............cool smiley

I couldn't help but notice that the Stones don't play "Short & Curlies" any more, obviously bowing to pressure from all the woke anti-pubic hair mobs.

Has anyone told the Daily Mail about this?

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:36

bv
The UK tabloid newspaper Daily Mail is featuring a story about the IORR fan club, as just published.

This is how the British Tabloids work:

First the Daily Mail journalist contacted me every day for days, while I was in Los Angeles, asking for an interview. I told him every day the very same message:

Then the journalist asked again and again, and in the end he said this (quote):

I need to establish a few things about this Brown Sugar trolling of IORR story.
I want to talk to you OFF THE RECORD. This means that I will not be quoting you in the article.

So again I told him this:

Then the journalist made up his own story, pretending to have comments from me, making up a lot of strange comments that do not make any sense, as seen below.

Don't believe a word of what the British tabloids print.

Revealed: How woke trolls silenced the Rolling Stones' Brown Sugar by infiltrating their online fan club and swaying debate over the song's lyrics (Daily Mail Oct 21, 2021)

Welcome to my world, it's not just the British media, i don't believe any media, question everything.

Date: October 23, 2021 19:36

The only good thing about the article is that it makes iorr.org even more popular, so why bother?

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:44

Garbage paper & lousy press

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:48

Shocking, a news outlet trying to stir it up. This never happens.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 23, 2021 19:59

For those unaware - welcome to the Daily Mail. Utter rag.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2021 20:08

There are more than one million posts on IORR. I have posted 10,264 times. If you copy and paste one word here and one word there, from what I have posted here, that does not make any authorized interview or a comment or a quote for any story.

The Rolling Stones have hundreds of songs to choose from and they do not have to explain to anybody what they play, where, when or why. We - the fans who go see them live - should be happy they are still able to tour and perform live.

Journalists are paid to write stories selling papers and clicks. Some journalists work hard at the Pulitzer Prize level. Others just make up stories.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 23, 2021 20:10

I found it interesting reading the comments section if you scroll down underneath the article, 99% of people voicing that you don't give in to the mob as they will come along to cancel other Stones songs.

Also the Daily Mail got something right, they noticed that the people causing all the upset to regular posters were woke trolls.
We kind of let them win didn't we.

At the end of the day any story is a good story for musicians on tour with tickets to sell, everyone is aware that Clapton and the Stones are touring, all publicity is good publicity so no worries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-23 20:16 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: October 23, 2021 20:14

bv
There are more than one million posts on IORR. I have posted 10,264 times. If you copy and paste one word here and one word there, from what I have posted here, that does not make any authorized interview or a comment or a quote for any story.

The Rolling Stones have hundreds of songs to choose from and they do not have to explain to anybody what they play, where, when or why. We - the fans who go see them live - should be happy they are still able to tour and perform live.

Journalists are paid to write stories selling papers and clicks. Some journalists work hard at the Pulitzer Prize level. Others just make up stories.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 23, 2021 20:40

Rocktiludrop
I found it interesting reading the comments section if you scroll down underneath the article, 99% of people voicing that you don't give in to the mob as they will come along to cancel other Stones songs.

Also the Daily Mail got something right, they noticed that the people causing all the upset to regular posters were woke trolls.
We kind of let them win didn't we.

At the end of the day any story is a good story for musicians on tour with tickets to sell, everyone is aware that Clapton and the Stones are touring, all publicity is good publicity so no worries.

Woke trolls? lol. What are the others? Unwoke trolls? Completely agree with BV on this...who cares if they play or do not play a particular song. They have a vast library and how many of the unwoke trolls spend the last tours whining about "the same boring setlist"?

The Daily Mail got NOTHING right. Its just a trash media outlet.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 23, 2021 21:13

I remember when Paul McCartney got busted for pot in Japan. I believe he said something to the effect, "There is no bad publicity." Which I mostly agree with. I don't know whether the Stones made a conscious decision not to play Brown Sugar, or just took it out of rotation. Maybe they're getting sensitive in their old age. I'm pretty liberal, but I'm getting real tired of Political Correctness. Like the far right wingers in America, they are a minority. A very loud one, but a minority none the less.

Hope this brings more attention to the IORR site. Obviously you, BV, have created some sort of authority, or they wouldn't misquote you. This isn't the first time IORR has been quoted. I was, or 24FPS was, years ago when Brian's house was up for sale. No one bothered to contact me, which was fine. Think I'll go put on Brown Sugar and crank it up. All right, Mick, play those castanets.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 23, 2021 21:59

Far more interesting to find out
who the dobber is that contacted Daily Mail ....

Revenge ... jealousy its just a click away

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: October 23, 2021 22:02

Thanks for all your work, bv. Don't let the turds get under your skin.

We have a saying in French : « Les chiens aboient, la caravane passe. » Dogs bark, the caravan moves along. Let 'em bark.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 23, 2021 22:07

Pie1: the Finnish language has that same exact saying! smiling smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 23, 2021 22:21

Rocktiludrop, hang in there. I like what you have to say. Not everybody is a dick. I know hard to believe.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 23, 2021 22:37

Keep the lyrics the same to Brown Sugar and play the dam thing,followed by Star Star ,and flash the original advertising to Black and Blue on the screen

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: October 23, 2021 22:43

well we all agree
if some one says no comment that what it means.....!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 24, 2021 00:25

Rockman
Far more interesting to find out
who the dobber is that contacted Daily Mail ....

Revenge ... jealousy its just a click away

THIS seems the key point here. I doubt the "journalist" came across that IORR thread all by himself.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 24, 2021 00:32

The tabloid press in UK and probably all over the world is rubbish.

They try to contact you, and then when you say 'No comment' they just make something up to make their story controversial.

All over the world it's probably the same.

Haven't bought a newspaper for years and just flick through The Metro freebie you pick up at the train station. sad smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 24, 2021 01:43

I doubt the "journalist" came across that IORR thread all by himself.

Exactly Aqua ..... Idle minds ...
... Maybe the dobbin' dog will get exposed ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 24, 2021 01:46

The good thing is, just like one said about Paul McCartney's quote "there is not bad publicity". So that creepy Daily Mail journalist basically put the spotlight on IORR making curious people interested. The bad thing is that low level self centered journalists think they are so cleaver by infiltrating sites like IORR and easily get information for free. Not to mention the infiltration by wokers in this BS issue. They are even lower souls when they think they can achieve their goals by way of infiltration. Trying to brainwash Stones fans won't work because there are too many Stones fans who are clever enough to discover who those creepy wokers are, and they will respond is such a way, that at least some (hopefully many) brainwash sensitive fans' eyes will open up.
You responded the best and in fact only good way to deal with that smelly Daily Mail journalist, bv!

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1398
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home