Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Poll for the next Deluxe release
Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: October 27, 2021 18:30

I’d like to see the Stones do something similar to what Tom Waits did with his outtakes and release an Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards-style album.

They could break the album up in sections by 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s outtakes, finish them up and release them in one big album. I guess it would basically be a true “Tattoo Two”, but expanded over their entire post-60’s catalog instead of just outtakes from the 70’s.

After that, I think once the band is truly retired or have passed on, and their situation with the ABKCO songs can be worked out, then it would be great to have a comprehensive, “Bootleg Series”-style releases that cover their entire recorded history.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 18:34 by CamRS.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 27, 2021 18:51

I want a song called "Brown Sugar"
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: October 27, 2021 19:31

KRiffhard
I want a song called "Brown Sugar"
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

I recommend picking up the Tattoo You Super Deluxe edition or the Copacabana Beach release from earlier this year then. Both include Brown Sugar, just like I’m sure it will be included in future deluxe/from the vault releases that include live shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 19:50 by CamRS.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 30, 2021 00:43

We should be so lucky to get something of THAT depth, a remix, a remaster and a CD of demos and a CD of "evolutions" + DVD, unboxed by Mick himself !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-30 00:43 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 30, 2021 10:25

Who knows what the totality of their unreleased archive is? We don’t know what we don’t know.

The remaining undeluxed albums probably aren’t worth the time or effort to reissue. I think the best bang-for-buck is an anthology series, maybe decade by decade, with a mix of studio, live audio and live video material.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home