Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Poll for the next Deluxe release
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 26, 2021 15:31

All the big ones since 1971 are done. I wouldn’t be surprised if they revisit Exile for the 50th next year. Only us diehards want more. I love Black and Blue but I don’t see any market for a deluxe. Just my opinion

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 26, 2021 15:46

Deluxe 1969 US tour
Deluxe 1970 European Tour
Deluxe 1972 US tour
Deluxe 1971 UK tour
Deluxe 1973 European Tour

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 26, 2021 15:59

what exactly is the current situation between the stones and abcko i mean they can cooperate to release r&r circus, ya ya's deluxe, charlie is my darling, all the video and audio in crossfire hurricane, and on the air but can't work together to rerelease let it bleed and beggar's banquet
i find it hard to believe that mick hasn't taken notice of the same points that everyone brought up here about them being at the end of the rope of what can reasonably be released from the 70's and arguably they could have more quality stuff in the abcko vaults from the 60's then the 70's plus maybe less of it bootleged over the decades i'm not quite sure what's left from the 60's that hasn't been leaked seem to recall reading that a lot of the early outtakes were just wiped but i could be wrong

anyway if we're talking about abcko stuff what i'd kill a couple folks for is a complete box set of all the shows recorded for got live if you want it 66 and 65 plus the shows they recorded in ireland in 65 properly cleaned up and mixed into stereo

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 26, 2021 16:01

ProfessorWolf
what exactly is the current situation between the stones and abcko i mean they can cooperate to release r&r circus, ya ya's deluxe, charlie is my darling, all the video and audio in crossfire hurricane, and on the air but can't work together to rerelease let it bleed and beggar's banquet
i find it hard to believe that mick hasn't taken notice of the same points that everyone brought up here about them being at the end of the rope of what can reasonably be released from the 70's and arguably they could have more quality stuff in the abcko vaults from the 60's then the 70's plus maybe less of it bootleged over the decades i'm not quite sure what's left from the 60's that hasn't been leaked seem to recall reading that a lot of the early outtakes were just wiped but i could be wrong

anyway if we're talking about abcko stuff what i'd kill a couple folks for is a complete box set of all the shows recorded for got live if you want it 66 and 65 plus the shows they recorded in ireland in 65 properly cleaned up and mixed into stereo

Yes indeed Professor!!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 26, 2021 16:27

dcba
MingSubu
Deluxe them all.

..."and let the IORR regulars sort them out" grinning smiley
smileys with beer

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 26, 2021 16:57

ProfessorWolf

The situation between ABKCO and the Stones hasn't changed - ABKCO still owns the rights, but the Stones have the final say in whatever unreleased material, live, studio, whatever.

So they need each other to release anything that's previously unreleased. ABKCO can't do anything without the Stones' agreement, but the Stones also can't release anything "on their own" without ABKCO.

Date: October 26, 2021 16:59

filstan
Deluxe 1969 US tour
Deluxe 1972 US tour
Deluxe 1971 UK tour

Yessss!!!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 26, 2021 17:17

How about this, Love You Live Deluxe Edition. One disc consists of the non El Macombo tracks remixed, remastered, extra track or 2 whatever you can do. Bonus discs would be both entire El Macombo shows. I would buy that!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 26, 2021 17:25

Gazza
Its not a complaint. I'm glad they released them. All I'm saying is that by releasing it this way it minimises the possibility of putting out other expanded reissues from the 70's albums.

Yeah, IORR isn't going to happen now, although who knows, for GHS they only "offered" 3 outtakes, in theory they still have "Slow Down and Stop" and the mysterious "English Rose" that no one's been able to place exactly up to now, apart from the fact that it was played back during the Rotterdam 75 sessions. And there's likely stuff we've never heard about...like the "Giorgio Moroder Jams" that were mentioned by Peter Doggett in RC way back in 1993.

Like I wrote B&B has more potential "story wise" but chances are they wouldn't bother with a "Lost & Found" CD anyway, after all they only did it for SG and TY.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 26, 2021 17:25

Ross
How about this, Love You Live Deluxe Edition. One disc consists of the non El Macombo tracks remixed, remastered, extra track or 2 whatever you can do. Bonus discs would be both entire El Macombo shows. I would buy that!

So would I.

I've never really understood what the problem is preventing a release of the entire El Macombo set . There are two shows to cobble the best bits together from ...so what has stopped it ?

We know from the side on LYL that it could make a great sounding album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-26 17:26 by Spud.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 26, 2021 18:06

Spud
Ross

So would I.

I've never really understood what the problem is preventing a release of the entire El Macombo set . There are two shows to cobble the best bits together from ...so what has stopped it ?

It's been discussed extensively over here. Apparently not all those tapes are in great shape

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: October 26, 2021 19:21

Here are a few I'd like to see.

1970 complete show
1972 complete show
1973 Pacific Tour complete show(s)
1976 complete show
1977 El Mocambo
1995 The other Amsterdam Paradiso Stripped show
2003 Circus Krone club show

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 27, 2021 00:20

Shepherds Bush Empire 1999 (Pro-shot)
2002 Club Shows (Some maybe only filmed with 1 camera, but with professional multitrack audio it would still be a great watch)
Echoplex 2013
Singapore 2014
Shanghai 2014
2017-2019 No Filter show (or compilation)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 00:31 by TheBlockbuster.

Date: October 27, 2021 01:21

retired_dog
ProfessorWolf

The situation between ABKCO and the Stones hasn't changed - ABKCO still owns the rights, but the Stones have the final say in whatever unreleased material, live, studio, whatever.

So they need each other to release anything that's previously unreleased. ABKCO can't do anything without the Stones' agreement, but the Stones also can't release anything "on their own" without ABKCO.

i understand that much my questions is are the parties more cooperative now as opposed to a few years ago is it more likely as mick stares down the fact that there running out of marketable material from there own vaults and they can't just tour forever that he has to find another sources of revenue he may be more open to working with abcko and striking a mutually beneficial deal on the release of all the great stuff from the 60's that they have barley touch as of yet
or is it possible they already have struck some kind of deal and are planning something big for the 60th next year

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 27, 2021 01:47

A 1972 tour show that could have the sound quality if Flashpoint

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 27, 2021 01:58

ProfessorWolf
retired_dog
ProfessorWolf

i understand that much my questions is are the parties more cooperative now as opposed to a few years ago is it more likely as mick stares down the fact that there running out of marketable material from there own vaults and they can't just tour forever that he has to find another sources of revenue he may be more open to working with abcko and striking a mutually beneficial deal on the release of all the great stuff from the 60's that they have barley touch as of yet
or is it possible they already have struck some kind of deal and are planning something big for the 60th next year

They'll need to do something pretty soon - or have already done something to restore the tapes to keep them usable. After a while, they'll be useless.

Date: October 27, 2021 02:06

ProfessorWolf
retired_dog
ProfessorWolf

Yes and no, they've shown that they can cooperate like on the projects you mentioned above and others like career-spanning compilations like 40 Licks and GRRR!, but as far as I know there's still no general agreement, it's always project-based, therefore we had Satanic, Beggars & Bleed anniversary sets without any unreleased bonus material. There was talk some time ago that the Stones supposedly tried to buy the rights back from ABKCO to get full control over their entire catalog, but nothing came to frution so far (or otherwise it would be the best kept secret in the world!).

Meanwhile, a lot of 60's live and studio material have entered the public domain due to EC copyright legislation and the Stones did nothing to prevent this by allowing ABKCO to release the material in question timely enough (like Dylan, for example).

There's talk behind the scenes that next year's 60th anniversary will not only see the release of the all-new album but also more archive material, some in cooperation with ABKCO, but I'm not allowed to go into further details here.

Let's just wait and see what they have in store for us next year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 02:08 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 27, 2021 02:08

Bashlets
All the big ones since 1971 are done. I wouldn’t be surprised if they revisit Exile for the 50th next year. Only us diehards want more. I love Black and Blue but I don’t see any market for a deluxe. Just my opinion

They didnt even have enough material on Exile to begin with to make a double album. Several of the songs that ended up on it come were cut in 1969-70. They filled it out with overdubs at the 11th hour in LA to make a double album. And the authenticity of some of the songs on the deluxe reissue are doubtful to say the least ('Title 5' - really?). There really isnt much else there. Filling out a disc by having Keith mumble nonsense lyrics to 'Soul Survivor' was a real barrel scraper. I guess they could put out Hillside Blues and Travelin' Man (which are both potentially superb tracks) but as Mick chose to exclude them first time around as he didnt want to just include tracks that were widely available on bootlegs I think that ship has sailed.

Put that kind of stuff on a 70's box or something. An Exile reissue reexpanded would make zero sense IMO

You're spot on re B&B and the 'big ones' being done.

Date: October 27, 2021 02:14

retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
retired_dog
ProfessorWolf

Yes and no, they've shown that they can cooperate like on the projects you mentioned above and others like career-spanning compilations like 40 Licks and GRRR!, but as far as I know there's still no general agreement, it's always project-based, therefore we had Satanic, Beggars & Bleed anniversary sets without any unreleased bonus material. There was talk some time ago that the Stones supposedly tried to buy the rights back from ABKCO to get full control over their entire catalog, but nothing came to frution so far (or otherwise it would be the best kept secret in the world!).

Meanwhile, a lot of 60's live and studio material have entered the public domain due to EC copyright legislation and the Stones did nothing to prevent this by allowing ABKCO to release the material in question timely enough (like Dylan, for example).

There's talk behind the scenes that next year's 60th anniversary will not only see the release of the all-new album but also more archive material, some in cooperation with ABKCO, but I'm not allowed to go into further details here.

Let's just wait and see what they have in store for us next year!

wow thanks i get ya wink wink winking smiley
thats interesting hope everyone read that little hintsmiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 27, 2021 02:18

A new album of new/original material?
Wishful thinking...hope it happens...have my doubts...16 years and counting...

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 27, 2021 02:25

I’d love to hear someone fix the horrible sound on Ladies and Gentlemen

Date: October 27, 2021 02:34

Hairball

Well, again - let's just wait and see...

I'm well aware that if everything deteriorates and next year passes with just another Greatest Hits compilation I will look like a complete idiot, but then... so be it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 27, 2021 02:53

Not necessarily you who will look like a complete idiot, but if you say so...

Date: October 27, 2021 04:18

Hairball
Not necessarily you who will look like a complete idiot, but if you say so...

I trust my source that they won't let it happen.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 27, 2021 06:53

Ross

I don't want another LYL.

BUT, I want all the El Mocambo I can get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 16:30 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 27, 2021 07:18

Hairball

Quite simply, that’s all I want: a new studio album.

The deluxe editions are very nice, but, like you, I’m sure, I would far rather a brand new album of Jagger-Richards originals. Surely, after all the sessions here and there over the past however many years, they can rustle up something. How many sessions have they undertaken post A Bigger Bang? The session for the Doom and Gloom and One More Shot aside, there must’ve been a fair few. I’m counting Blue & Lonesome, as those sessions were meant to be for the yet-to-be released ‘new’ album, weren’t they? They ‘hit a wall’ and decided to record covers to regather their creative muse. It didn’t happen. That’s my understanding.

Posted by: guezeg ()
Date: October 27, 2021 11:15

Some day we'll get EoMS remixed for Atmos audio.
Now that Let It Be has been released, Giles Martin is available, so...

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: October 27, 2021 11:55

There is nothing from the Tour of Europe so far where they were on fire.

And thersoundboard of the Nicaraguan Benefit Concert in LA would be great.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 27, 2021 13:59

filstan
Deluxe 1969 US tour
Deluxe 1972 US tour
Deluxe 1971 UK tour

-That pretty much sum's it up!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 27, 2021 14:10

Whale
Spud
Ross

So would I.

It's been discussed extensively over here. Apparently not all those tapes are in great shape

Yeah, I got that ...but, judging by the sound quality, you wouldn't have thought the tapes used for some of the stuff they have released were in particularly great shape either winking smiley

[It is well documented however that a lot of differently formulated tape stock from the later 70s hasn't survived as well as much earlier stock from the 60s and even the 50s.
Maybe the issue is that simple ? Great shame in that case.

And , drifting a bit further off topic, I've sometimes wondered if any Stones masters or quality copies were lost in that Universal warehouse fire a couple of years ago .]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 17:15 by Spud.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home