Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

UPROXX - The 100 Best Rolling Stones Songs Ranked
Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: October 22, 2021 12:43

Re: UPROXX - The 100 Best Rolling Stones Songs Ranked
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 22, 2021 12:58

Hey thats crash-hot ta see Rocks Off
hit the top slot ..... all time fave in this camp ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 22, 2021 16:48

Damn! That's great. This mirrors my favourites pretty much to a T.

Great descriptions as well...

"A song you can hear a million times and, unlike “Satisfaction,” never get sick of".

To a T.

Date: October 22, 2021 17:50

The top 50 of the list is great but a few questionable choices in the lower 50...and how do you not include Have You Seen Your Mother Baby Standing in the Shadow in a top 100? It's inconceivable.

But Moon is Up, and Sleep Tonight are in the top 100? Come on!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 22, 2021 18:09

Interesting list. I'd shuffle a few songs around in regard to their rating, add/drop others (don't ask me which). Great to see The Last Time get its due. I have always thought this song rocked harder than Satisfaction. Imagine the Stones doing it as the closer on their current tour. People would be going, "What? Is this a message?" Love the video for Rocks Off, especially the guy directing traffic and cleaning car windows. Was this filmed by Robert Frank?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 22, 2021 18:34

treaclefingers
The top 50 of the list is great but a few questionable choices in the lower 50...and how do you not include Have You Seen Your Mother Baby Standing in the Shadow in a top 100? It's inconceivable.

But Moon is Up, and Sleep Tonight are in the top 100? Come on!

Thought similar about Midnight Rambler coming in at 31 on the list.
How it doesn't make the Top Ten, if not the top five, is beyond me.

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: October 22, 2021 20:27

I don't know about the exact numerical order/songs, but it was alot of stuff I agree with, and a cool read!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 23, 2021 12:48

I don't really do rankings, but that's an interesting read - and I notice that the author is planning to be at the Minneapolis show.

Date: October 23, 2021 17:54

Green Lady
I don't really do rankings, but that's an interesting read - and I notice that the author is planning to be at the Minneapolis show.

Yeah, it was an enjoyable read...clearly by a fan.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 23, 2021 21:28

That's an interesting choice. I love Rocks Off. When Bill's bass booms in we're off to the races, along with his rhythm mate, Charles Robert Watts. Nicky's tinkling piano, and Mick's muddy vocals. Damn. And when those horns kick in, it's the Stones at their highest level. Those lyrics often travel through my brain. You'd think it would have been a single, but it's really too good for that.

Date: October 23, 2021 21:37

24FPS
That's an interesting choice. I love Rocks Off. When Bill's bass booms in we're off to the races, along with his rhythm mate, Charles Robert Watts. Nicky's tinkling piano, and Mick's muddy vocals. Damn. And when those horns kick in, it's the Stones at their highest level. Those lyrics often travel through my brain. You'd think it would have been a single, but it's really too good for that.

It's a song that rises above it's album (a massive undertaking in the case of EOMS), without the need for 'single' status...in much the same way Sympathy for the Devil and Gimme Shelter do.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 24, 2021 00:55

I like the fact that some of this is a little different but Emotional Rescue ahead of Honky Tonk WOmen, Midnight Rmabler and Street Fighting Man I think not!!!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 24, 2021 01:37

I don't care much for the idea of lists, but this one certainly deserves
some good respect.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home