Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: IORR Forum policy
Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: November 14, 2005 16:05

the idea was around in summer 2004 but just remains an idea....
for sure it would be a great thing . but with the Tour going on I doubt that anybody will find the time to organize the sales, printing and shipping .

nevertheless I will be very pleased if I can help

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 14, 2005 16:24

BV:
You forget one important point in your rule-set: You kindda see past the fact that some people on here (The ones who post a lot) become friends. On your site I have come to know Gazza, Lorenz, RankOutsider (Rutger), Stonefan, Mistress, Limbostone, Eric and all the other people I have forgotten. Some of these people I actually consider real pals. When I had internet at home I was talking to Lorenz day in, day out. I don't think it's fair to tell someone that they can't talk to their friends. I'm NOT saying that you should change your rule-set, but you oughta tweak it a bit, so it's a but more free (I.e. ----> NOT OK with politics, religion and stuff like that, but OK with a joke here and there, and some friends talking to each other). If there's one thing I don't like it is that you sometimes seem to forget that IORR isn't only a magazine anymore. It has become a community like RocksOff and Shidoobee. You really gotta deal with that be it with "working IORR so it's not a community anymore" or be it "a real community". The way you want to work it is completely up to you since it's your site.

I mean come on. What's a little chat between friends???

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-14 16:30 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 14, 2005 16:46

"You will never make a saint of me...."

Ok, I´m out of here.

Didn´t have much to say anyway - but I thougt, honestly - that I had the right to quote this band, that we all are so interested in...

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: November 14, 2005 17:07

Come on people, it isn't that difficult to understand. There are some rules for this site. Bjornulf is trying to make them clear. I think it's all quite simple. BE DECENT. Just like you raise your kids, just like you wanted to be treated yourself, just like you respect your friends, wifes, husbands, mothers, fathers.

And still... you can have and write down all you opinions, WITHOUT offending anybody else. It's not a matter of who's right and who's wrong, just a matter of behaviour.

And language is the most powerfull tool in the whole universe, it provides you so many ways of expressing yourself that even bad things can be told in a decent way. USE IT...

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: November 14, 2005 18:00

Bjorn: you took the words right out of my mouth....

I used to love this place, and I used to think you are very cool, Bjornulf, but your tendency to extend your censorship more and more following some ill understood political correctness dogma (that the Stones would piss their pants reading about!)and your recent utter lack of sense of humour have made this "board" a bit "bored".
I have written my arguments against this type of censorship in what I think is a fairly decent and articulate way. But those threads were deleted. That says it all.

Goodbye and all the best to everyone!

Johanna

Posted by: turd ()
Date: November 14, 2005 18:17

You can all blame me for this.
I was made a tongue in cheek remark on Jostorms 'Trainspotter' thread. I posted that I thought someone on this board (now naming no names) could be interested in collecting butterflies and moths, (big deal). This prompted our leader here to make a warning about not making comments about non public people. I then posted my reply telling him that this was not actually a slanderous comment to make and should cause no ill feeling. This was then immediately deleted and now we have policy reminders, warnings and the like.

It's BV's gig - he can do what he wants. Forums are a good way of having a laugh and letting off steam. But clearly, Bv wants it only to be a place of formal comment.

I admire him for wanting a respectable website - But I think maybe he's taking his mission a bit too seriously.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: November 14, 2005 18:24

kkep up the good work BV. I have no complaints. Let's face it.....many of us are like the Stones and like to push the envelope and behave badly.

I for one am an immature brat that likes to act badly (at least so my wife tells me.) If BV doesn't want that type of behavior on his site....that's cool with me!

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: November 14, 2005 18:33

It's not hard to understand, just grow up and act like adults instead of grade schoolers.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home