Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17
Re: Keith's playing better this tour.
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 20, 2021 18:22

beachbreak
Jimmy Page now that's a low slung guitar.

Tom Morello very high.

Keith likes it that way so he plays it that way.

It is harder to play that low but going on many decades he's always strung it there.

I think Jimmy Page may have been the first two have the guitar strapped low. Footage from his time with The Yardbirds shows he was doing this as early as 1967.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: November 20, 2021 18:37

Jimmy started off pretty early...

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 20, 2021 23:44

skytrench
Yeah, that's the honorable Mathijs on the Les Paul...

thumbs up Cheers skytrench, well if he's listening in he's a great player IMHO.

Date: November 21, 2021 00:12

Biggest audience of the tour by a lot, 120,000 people, hope the wind drops a little, enjoy the show everyone, hopefully with that many people we get plenty of live streams tonight, thanks in advance thumbs up

Sorry posted in the wrong thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-21 00:17 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 21, 2021 12:17

Keef on Fxxxing fire in Texas,still at the top of his game!

Date: November 21, 2021 12:40

stargroover
Keef on Fxxxing fire in Texas,still at the top of his game!

That's great to hear, he wobbled for a few shows but clearly he's back in business, I don't think his guitar has ever had a more menacing nerve chilling tone than what i just heard on Rambler, the way he's prowling the stage too like a hungry Panther, just love it, the coolest old man in the planet smoking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 21, 2021 13:23

skytrench
Jimmy started off pretty early...

That's Mitch Mitchell.

Date: November 21, 2021 13:28

Could this be the reason we got 18 songs.

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 21, 2021 13:49

Sad.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 21, 2021 14:02

Empty eyes, staggering gait, Keith is totally lost here. He seems not to know what to do. And instead of a solo, a totally incoherent sound mush.

Sad to see.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: November 21, 2021 14:57

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-21 15:03 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 21, 2021 15:43

Looked like Steve didn’t even want to make eye contact with Keith toward the end when Keith was facing him. Appeared to be weird vibes all around on that one.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: November 21, 2021 15:46

His Majesty
That's Mitch Mitchell.

Jimi's drummer? Never would have guessed that! Thanks for the correction.

Date: November 21, 2021 16:08

NashvilleBlues
Looked like Steve didn’t even want to make eye contact with Keith toward the end when Keith was facing him. Appeared to be weird vibes all around on that one.

Im not comfortable saying because people don't like straight talkers but its obvious why Steve looked serious, probably worried for his friend, anyone who loves him would be, just hope Keith's got close family around him right now.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 21, 2021 16:42

Rocktiludrop
NashvilleBlues

Im not comfortable saying because people don't like straight talkers but its obvious why Steve looked serious, probably worried for his friend, anyone who loves him would be, just hope Keith's got close family around him right now.

I was careful not to state anything as a fact, because I have no facts. To me, it wasn’t a good look for Keith. That’s all I can say.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 21, 2021 18:12

Test

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: November 21, 2021 18:12

The LP player sounds like Mick Taylor Jr.

Nice!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 21, 2021 21:07

Take away the lead work on Sympathy and Satisfaction and that would fix most of the issues. Those moments are screwing up the vibe in the room. And it looks to me like Keith himself would prefer not to take those solos anymore. He seems happiest playing rhythm. JJF, STU, MR all were perfectly fine last night.

Date: November 21, 2021 21:15

Justin
Take away the lead work on Sympathy and Satisfaction and that would fix most of the issues. Those moments are screwing up the vibe in the room. And it looks to me like Keith himself would prefer not to take those solos anymore. He seems happiest playing rhythm. JJF, STU, MR all were perfectly fine last night.

But he did these solos fine on many shows this fall.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 21, 2021 21:28

jumpingjackflash5
Justin

Indeed he did. Clear now to me that those early shows benefitted everyone because everyone was bursting with energy and adrenaline. Most of that now has burnt off at this point. Understandable. It's been an emotionally charged tour and not an easy one.

Date: November 21, 2021 23:07

Justin
jumpingjackflash5
Justin

Indeed he did. Clear now to me that those early shows benefitted everyone because everyone was bursting with energy and adrenaline. Most of that now has burnt off at this point. Understandable. It's been an emotionally charged tour and not an easy one.

Don't you think it strange the energy and adrenaline burnt out between Minneapolis and Tampa, energy doesn't usually diminish naturally like that in such a sudden and complete way, one minute he's buzzing and crackling all over the stage, next the force is gone, not just his playing, the aura has altered, spirit what ever you want to call it.
I'm just in awe that he can still pull it off age 78 under the circumstances, he has an iron will.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2021 23:08

What's the drama here? Yeah, Keith's solo in "Sympathy" is a bit sloppy, but still a manifestation of his 'less is more' playing philosophy with some odd dramatic pauses. Every hit should matter. An artistic choice. The dude's having a show, and interacting with an audience, having fun with that iconic solo spot. He's smiling and knows what he is doing. If some note is going out of scale, that's nothing newsworthy. There is a story there going on, even though he doesn't quite manage to nail it this time.

On with the show.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-21 23:31 by Doxa.

Date: November 21, 2021 23:33

Doxa
What's the drama here? Yeah, Keith's solo in "Sympathy" is a bit sloppy, but still a manifestation of his 'less is more' playing philosophy with some odd dramatic pauses. Every hit should matter. An artistic choice. The dude's having a show, and interacting with an audience, having fun with that iconic solo spot. He's smiling and knows what he is doing. If some note is going out of scale, that's nothing newsworthy. There is a story there going on, even though he doesn't quite manage to nail it this time.

On with the show.

- Doxa

thumbs up

Date: November 21, 2021 23:36

Well i see what you mean when you put it like that Doxa, perhaps I'm expecting too much from him, as you say he has delivered a show, it can't be easy for any of them at their ages away from home for so long, there are moments too when Mick looks tired, they all deserve a long rest.

Date: November 21, 2021 23:43

There were some more mistakes in Austin compared with the shows from middle of the tour.

But generally I agree with Doxa.

Yes if you look carefully all three Stones look sometimes tired during this tour, especially in the last third.

But that's expected.

We are happy to hear and see them.

At the same time they should be conservative about future shows. That said it is their own decision what they'll do further.

Date: November 21, 2021 23:44

Rocktiludrop
Well i see what you mean when you put it like that Doxa, perhaps I'm expecting too much from him, as you say he has delivered a show, it can't be easy for any of them at their ages away from home for so long, there are moments too when Mick looks tired, they all deserve a long rest.

No one needs any rest (or maybe you?). They are fine. Stop the speculative nonsense.

- Doxa

Date: November 21, 2021 23:48

Doxa
Rocktiludrop

No one needs any rest (or maybe you?). They are fine. Stop the speculative nonsense.

- Doxa

Ok Dad winking smiley

I guess you all need a long break from me , take care dude.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: November 21, 2021 23:49

HTW solo turned into a miss. For some reason, he wasn’t ready. Was there supposed to be another chorus?

[youtu.be]

Date: November 21, 2021 23:59

Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop

- Doxa

Ok Dad winking smiley

I guess you all need a long break from me , take care dude.

Oh no, I didn't mean at all that way. Please contribute. I just meant that from the base of these little clips from social media we should not make too hasty conclusions how the Stones actually are doing. Hearing from the reports who actually were the wittnessing them live, it is a pretty different story compared to what these one odd camera etc. based youtube etc. clips experts are saying.

I haven't yet heard anyone who actually been there at the concert complaining about what they heard and saw.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-22 00:04 by Doxa.

Date: November 22, 2021 00:30

Doxa

I haven't yet heard anyone who actually been there at the concert complaining about what they heard and saw.

- Doxa

Of course not. When someone is willing to pay $980 to stay in the pit for 1,5 hours we hardly can expect him or her to complain. grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1567
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home