Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17
Re: Keith's playing better this tour.
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 22, 2021 19:56

Keith heading into "Chuck Berry in his last days" stage...sad to contemplate this, but I think he still has a few more shows in him before he reaches that point.
As for not judging him on certain solos anymore...would the the next step be to completely overlook, ignore, and deny he's making any mistakes throughout the entire show?
We all love Keith, but to treat him with kiddy gloves as if he's an incapable invalid is insulting to him imo - he's not that far gone yet...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 22, 2021 20:03

Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
How does reading through all of this get you on the premise that Keith is drunk at the shows? No one besides you even considers this a possibility

Are you kidding, you're obviously not a drinking man.

not like that I suppose. still you could present your theory as something not yet considered but instead you chose to frame it as something everyone is saying without saying it while actually everyone else is contemplating senility. it's a disingenuous, distractive way of arguing

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: November 22, 2021 20:03

In open-G, perhaps.

He plays Monkey Man in standard tuning, does a good job.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 22, 2021 20:25

Nikkei
Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
How does reading through all of this get you on the premise that Keith is drunk at the shows? No one besides you even considers this a possibility

not like that I suppose. still you could present your theory as something not yet considered but instead you chose to frame it as something everyone is saying without saying it while actually everyone else is contemplating senility. it's a disingenuous, distractive way of arguing

Look mate you said it yourself, what causes behaviour where you mistakenly pick up the dirty washing instead of the clean washing by mistake.
All the critical opinion of Keith has come since Tampa, it's obvious, Lem says it's weed on the other thread but weed isn't a constant, it's not addictive, it is a now and then thing, it wouldn't explain the inconsistency of Keith's playing, it doesn't explain one half the tour Keith's great every night and then next half he's not .

The other noticeable difference between weed and booze is weed enlightens awareness of atmospheres whereas booze usually has the opposite effect.

As for your theory and others (in your opinion) thinking it likely senility ?? exactly why would that happen overnight, he was fine for 8 shows. Posters have been insinuating that for 15 years, he's clearly not senile, let's drop that right now.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-22 22:10 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: November 23, 2021 00:55

I don't think Keith has been drinking again, at least not very much anyways (maybe a beer or glass of wine), but I do believe he smokes very strong weed like a chimney 24/7.
With the highly potent strength of various strains of weed these days - and you know Keith gets the very best - it shouldn't be surprising if he's half way comatose a majority of the time.

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: November 23, 2021 01:58

There was hope. On the first couple of shows, Keith did play more focused, or, at least, he was playing. The Sympathy-solos, OMG, embarassing, but ok, we are used to that. But it was promising for a while: 19th Nervous Breakdown, for example. He did play the chords! Throughout the song. Exactly this is what the song needs. After all: Keith is the rythm player. Sadly, after a while, he got back to doing nonsense or nothing. 19th Breakdown: one note jokes instead of the chords. Horrible. Let it bleed: not finding the 4 supereasy chords on his guitar. Of course the song sounds empty. Or Gimme Shelter in Austin: he stops playing. When he does, it's even worse. He can't play the easiest powerchords. Don't get me wrong: it's okay to make mistakes. Everybody does. We are humans. It's not okay though, what Keith does. Don't come with his age. Jagger is the same age, even older a bit, but he always does his homework. He prepares. Physical, vocal, mental preparation is always there. And his job is much more difficult than Keith's. With a little practicing, he could get to the point, where he can play the 3 easy chords of Gimme Shelter. My theory is: this is what happened during the summer, as he had to practice with Steve Jordan. And, all of a sudden, he was playing ok. After that: he just doesn't give a shit. This is what he is used to. He is Keith Richards, everyone loves him, so he doesn't have to deliver. And this is wrong. Why? Because he is ruining the songs. To a point where they are unlistenable. Very sad. Even more, because the start was really promising.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 23, 2021 02:04

Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
Rocktiludrop
Nikkei

Look mate you said it yourself, what causes behaviour where you mistakenly pick up the dirty washing instead of the clean washing by mistake.
All the critical opinion of Keith has come since Tampa, it's obvious, Lem says it's weed on the other thread but weed isn't a constant, it's not addictive, it is a now and then thing, it wouldn't explain the inconsistency of Keith's playing, it doesn't explain one half the tour Keith's great every night and then next half he's not .

The other noticeable difference between weed and booze is weed enlightens awareness of atmospheres whereas booze usually has the opposite effect.

As for your theory and others (in your opinion) thinking it likely senility ?? exactly why would that happen overnight, he was fine for 8 shows. Posters have been insinuating that for 15 years, he's clearly not senile, let's drop that right now.

you are really giving yourself a bad rep on this board. You argue with everyone. What were your names before this one?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 23, 2021 02:12

i noticed something during jjf in detroit in the jim powers video there is a point where keith takes his hand off the neck of the guitar looks at it makes a face and shakes his hand before he keeps playing

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 23, 2021 03:19

Hopefully Austin was just an off night.

Date: November 23, 2021 03:21

ProfessorWolf
i noticed something during jjf in detroit in the jim powers video there is a point where keith takes his hand off the neck of the guitar looks at it makes a face and shakes his hand before he keeps playing

Maybe behind is just the colder weather.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: November 23, 2021 11:46

Maybe it would not have been a bad idea to bring Mick Taylor on to fill out the sound, even for those who do not know him.

Date: November 23, 2021 11:56

<After all: Keith is the rythm player>

A common misconception.

Keith has always been more than a rhythm player.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 23, 2021 12:22

Mick must undoubtedly be in lack of a certain energy that he seems to appreciate so much here...

[vimeo.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 23, 2021 12:47

DandelionPowderman

A common misconception.

Keith has always been more than a rhythm player.

Absolutely. As we all should know, he was the lead-guitarist during the 'Brian-era' Post-1960's, he's more 'lead-rhythm' I think that's a term he's used himself, actually.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: November 23, 2021 13:46

Principal Weaver.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 23, 2021 16:34

gaigai
There was hope. On the first couple of shows, Keith did play more focused, or, at least, he was playing. The Sympathy-solos, OMG, embarassing, but ok, we are used to that. But it was promising for a while: 19th Nervous Breakdown, for example. He did play the chords! Throughout the song. Exactly this is what the song needs. After all: Keith is the rythm player. Sadly, after a while, he got back to doing nonsense or nothing. 19th Breakdown: one note jokes instead of the chords. Horrible. Let it bleed: not finding the 4 supereasy chords on his guitar. Of course the song sounds empty. Or Gimme Shelter in Austin: he stops playing. When he does, it's even worse. He can't play the easiest powerchords. Don't get me wrong: it's okay to make mistakes. Everybody does. We are humans. It's not okay though, what Keith does. Don't come with his age. Jagger is the same age, even older a bit, but he always does his homework. He prepares. Physical, vocal, mental preparation is always there. And his job is much more difficult than Keith's. With a little practicing, he could get to the point, where he can play the 3 easy chords of Gimme Shelter. My theory is: this is what happened during the summer, as he had to practice with Steve Jordan. And, all of a sudden, he was playing ok. After that: he just doesn't give a shit. This is what he is used to. He is Keith Richards, everyone loves him, so he doesn't have to deliver. And this is wrong. Why? Because he is ruining the songs. To a point where they are unlistenable. Very sad. Even more, because the start was really promising.
Keith's job is much harder . Keith has to play guitar and live up to his own expectations and those of the adoring audiences . Not easily done versus belting out vocals , which require one to care for there voice . You can't compare an individual that has to play an instrument (guitar ) to a vocalist . Big difference !

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: November 23, 2021 17:42

Well. Jagger also plays guitar. Miss You, for example. Or Let It Bleed. And he is doing it correctly. While singing. So yes, I can compare.

Date: November 23, 2021 19:55

Hoping Keith is rested up well and focused for tonight - the grand finale and last hurrah of the US No Filter Tour.
This could be the last time as they always say, and it would be nice to see a coherent Keith on top of his game.thumbs up

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 23, 2021 20:03

Hairball
Hoping Keith is rested up well and focused for tonight - the grand finale and last hurrah of the US No Filter Tour.
This could be the last time as they always say, and it would be nice to see a coherent Keith on top of his game.thumbs up

+1 add my wishes and respect and gratefulness

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 23, 2021 20:08

maumau
Hairball

+1 add my wishes and respect and gratefulness

Yeah i hope it ends on a high note, you never know at this stage, i was thinking it would be the last time i see them play since 1990, let's hope Keith gets his head straight over the new year and comes back strong next year.
Take care guys, it's been another rollercoaster ride.smiling smiley

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 23, 2021 20:55

Just hear Keith's licks and fills in Wembley. He has lost 95% of his habilities. He was an excellent guitar player both rythm snd lesd, not a virtuoso, but very accurate for rolling Stones music. Maybe he reached his top at the end of 80s. Since then,the decline is dramátic.
Just open g things. Even with very difficulty
Even though his signature sound and rythm pulse is always there. Almost always
Without a doubt, my favourite guitar player, along with people like Gilmour and Blackmore. My three favourite kings

Date: November 23, 2021 21:00

I know practice, training and exercise are not in his DNA. But it was not in Jagger,s until he realized that if they wanted the show must go on, the price tonpsy was exercise and practice

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: November 23, 2021 21:25

KeithNacho
Just hear Keith's licks and fills in Wembley. He has lost 95% of his habilities. He was an excellent guitar player both rythm snd lesd, not a virtuoso, but very accurate for rolling Stones music. Maybe he reached his top at the end of 80s. Since then,the decline is dramátic.
Just open g things. Even with very difficulty
Even though his signature sound and rythm pulse is always there. Almost always
Without a doubt, my favourite guitar player, along with people like Gilmour and Blackmore. My three favourite kings

It only seems dramatic if you compare today directly to 1989. But the decline was gradual and incremental.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 23, 2021 21:34

Back in my day Keith had guitar practice time set aside in the afternoon so the notion that he didn't put in serious guitar time is wrong. I am sure he still played between gigs these days and believe when he plays Sympathy he knows better and can play better. Probably started out as a joke and became a thing..

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 23, 2021 22:07

He's a Hero ..............and a drunk . If anyone can think his performance in Austin was a sober one, they are kidding themselves . I've heard all the arguments about "he's experimenting", "he's weaving", " It's what he does" and my favourite " you try playing in a stadium at 77 "

The thing is I'm not getting paid about a $ 1 Million a night .If he was going senile or his fingers were deteriorating why did he play the earlier shows almost note perfect with confidence . He hasn't been able to be the old "Keef" since 06 and the accident. He used to use Coke to recover from the drinking. I've seen bad nights in person in 06, 07, 16 and 17 and although I wasn't there on Saturday the recordings don't lie .

Please stop drinking or just stop . Embarrassing and very very sad

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-23 22:09 by straycatuk.

Date: November 23, 2021 22:28

Maybe is not drinking. Jagger would,nt tolerate it. Jagger,s attitude to Keith is the biggest act of love and frienship you can imagine. I suspect s problem relsted with age related illness

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 23, 2021 23:40

straycatuk
He's a Hero ..............and a drunk . If anyone can think his performance in Austin was a sober one, they are kidding themselves . I've heard all the arguments about "he's experimenting", "he's weaving", " It's what he does" and my favourite " you try playing in a stadium at 77 "

The thing is I'm not getting paid about a $ 1 Million a night .If he was going senile or his fingers were deteriorating why did he play the earlier shows almost note perfect with confidence . He hasn't been able to be the old "Keef" since 06 and the accident. He used to use Coke to recover from the drinking. I've seen bad nights in person in 06, 07, 16 and 17 and although I wasn't there on Saturday the recordings don't lie .

sc uk

You know he just could be spent. All those years of drug abuse and liquor damages the brain.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 23, 2021 23:48

Cooltoplady
straycatuk

sc uk

You know he just could be spent. All those years of drug abuse and liquor damages the brain.

If it was every gig , but it's not . He can play really well , but Saturday was a new low .

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 24, 2021 00:19

I get the feeling he is "on" on some songs, like SFM and JJF and "off" on some others.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 24, 2021 01:56

straycatuk
Cooltoplady
straycatuk

sc uk

If it was every gig , but it's not . He can play really well , but Saturday was a new low .

It wasn’t even every song on Saturday, but when it was bad it was horrid!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 15 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home