Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17
Re: Keith's playing better this tour.
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 3, 2021 10:11

Rockman
No Keith's like WC ... he wont go on stage with animals

Hehe
It took me many hours to work that out Rockman confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 11:51 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 3, 2021 11:09

........... dont stick with me kid ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 3, 2021 19:14

The mistake on Rambler, not as noticeable as i was expecting.
Not really sure what happened or who messed up.

Rambler.
[m.youtube.com]

Date: November 4, 2021 03:28

That looks like a picture of me and son at the last LA show.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 4, 2021 03:33

Rocktiludrop

Rambler.
[m.youtube.com]

Mick.

He counted off his cue for the end--problem was the mic was still on the stand making him late for the vocal by the time the band changed over. Hence him motioning to the band to keep it going so he could make up for the missed first line and do the full section properly, he also apologizes to Keith at the very end with a smile and "Sorry!"

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: November 4, 2021 03:35

Paint it Black was pretty rough in Dallas last night.confused smiley

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 4, 2021 04:39

Rocktiludrop

Rambler.
[m.youtube.com]

So you were expecting it? Wow you’re so smart

Date: November 4, 2021 09:23

Cooltoplady
Rocktiludrop

Rambler.
[m.youtube.com]

So you were expecting it? Wow you’re so smart

Not as noticeable as i was expecting after reading the comments from people that heard the mess up before i had chance to view it.

Considering the weather i thought it was a good show, Mick was brilliant.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-05 10:56 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: November 7, 2021 12:22

Just watched the Vegas show on youtube, flawless performance from Keith, not as mobile as in the previous half of the tour but he's putting it all into his playing, with the exception of Sympathy For The Devil, he seems to have no interest in playing this one, perhaps Keith's found God.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 7, 2021 14:01

Great! smiling smiley

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 7, 2021 16:52

I'm watching the Las Vegas show now. What I've noticed about Keith this tour is the almost total absence of any posing or playing to the audience. At least not nearly as much as he had been in the past. For a significant amount of time he's focused on Ron, Darryl, and Steve, or just on the guitar.

Date: November 7, 2021 17:29

jahisnotdead
I'm watching the Las Vegas show now. What I've noticed about Keith this tour is the almost total absence of any posing or playing to the audience. At least not nearly as much as he had been in the past. For a significant amount of time he's focused on Ron, Darryl, and Steve, or just on the guitar.

I thought up until the show where he messed up Sad Sad Sad in Tampa, was it show number 9 or something ? He was really moving well with lots of energy and some to spare, now we see a different Keith in the last three shows, a completely different Aura about him, he did nail it last night but the energy was missing, what a shame.

Date: November 7, 2021 17:31

jahisnotdead

Maybe Keith just misses Charlie Watts.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 7, 2021 17:51

Rocktiludrop
jahisnotdead

I thought up until the show where he messed up Sad Sad Sad in Tampa, was it show number 9 or something ? He was really moving well with lots of energy and some to spare, now we see a different Keith in the last three shows, a completely different Aura about him, he did nail it last night but the energy was missing, what a shame.

Reading your developing opinion of Keith reminds me of watching the stock market. Just be glad you didn't see him in the fall of 2017.

Date: November 7, 2021 18:00

Of course he misses Charlie, they all do, we all do, but Keith said a couple shows ago you don't realise how much you miss the audience until you are up here onstage.
They need to do this to survive, to overcome everything life has thrown at them, it feeds them life onstage, but the flipside is that it also consumes them, out of 7 to 9 days hanging around in hotels they get 4 hours onstage. It's a double edged sword, the thing they crave the most takes it's toll, can't be healthy at their ages hanging around away from home then expected to be energized at a particular time together, these men are driven, what they go through for their passion is beyond the call of duty.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: November 7, 2021 18:02

Keith's playing IS better, MUCH better.
I attribute a lot of it to Steve Jordan.
While making Talk Is Cheap, and Main Offender, Keith talked about how his band kicked his behind and improved his work ethic.
The quicker tempos are having a good effect on the performances.
No more painfully slow versions of songs.
It's not a criticism of Charlie's playing, just that Steve has amped things up a bit and the band has responded to it, well.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 7, 2021 18:04

dennycranium
Keith's playing IS better, MUCH better.
I attribute a lot of it to Steve Jordan.
While making Talk Is Cheap, and Main Offender, Keith talked about how his band kicked his behind and improved his work ethic.
The quicker tempos are having a good effect on the performances.
It's not a criticism of Charlie's playing, just that Steve has amped things up a bit and the band has responded to it, well

You're right thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 7, 2021 22:32

dennycranium
It's not a criticism of Charlie's playing,

Well, that's exactly what it is.

By the way, it is always Keith who wants the tempo to be slower, Mick the faster.

- Doxa

Date: November 7, 2021 22:43

I think you're projecting (because it seems so obvious) When did Keith ever indicate he wanted to play slower?

Date: November 7, 2021 23:45

Doxa
dennycranium

By the way, it is always Keith who wants the tempo to be slower, Mick the faster.

- Doxa

Just unbelievable, you are loosing the plot, so because Charlie was fantastic and unique we can't give credit to Steve and Keith for the incredible job they are doing to hold this thing together without you coming out with silly comments like Keith wants tempos slower, Mick is faster.
Well the reason the tempos are faster is down to Keith and Steve not Mick.
I don't know if you have noticed but Mick sings and Keith and the band takes care of the music, Mick moves and dances to Keith's guitar for best part of the show, and Micks looking great because Keith, Ronnie, Steve and the rest of the band are providing a solid up tempo musical backdrop.

Date: November 8, 2021 00:00

Nikkei
Rocktiludrop
jahisnotdead

Reading your developing opinion of Keith reminds me of watching the stock market. Just be glad you didn't see him in the fall of 2017.

Haha, yes didn't Keith allegedly disgrace himself , I thought he was in great form by Paris, an all time low for me was when i saw him in 2007, i really thought his days were numbered in 07' but the great man and his wife pulled through.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-08 00:02 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 8, 2021 00:00

Rocktiludrop
Doxa
dennycranium

- Doxa

Just unbelievable, you are loosing the plot, so because Charlie was fantastic and unique we can't give credit to Steve and Keith for the incredible job they are doing to hold this thing together without you coming out with silly comments like Keith wants tempos slower, Mick is faster.
I don't know if you have noticed but Mick sings and Keith and the band takes care of the music, Mick moves and dances to Keith's guitar for best part of the show, and Micks looking great because Keith, Ronnie, Steve and the rest of the band are providing a solid up tempo musical backdrop.

Haha. That's funny. You don't know a shit about the Stones dynamics. For a a self-decralw and superior Stones fan and expert, that kind of ignorance is, well, something..

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-08 00:04 by Doxa.

Date: November 8, 2021 00:15

Doxa
Rocktiludrop
Doxa
dennycranium

- Doxa

Haha. That's funny. You don't know a shit about the Stones dynamics. For a a self-decralw Stones fan and expert, that kind of ignorance is, well, something..

- Doxa

You don't know the first thing about what this music means or represents to the listener, you dissect it then analyse the individual pieces and try to intellectualise about it in essay after essay, you really don't get it do you, you can't open them up to see what makes them tick. It's just about the feel of it in the moment, and no two songs or shows are ever the same, go watch The Eagles in your natural habitat.

Date: November 8, 2021 00:44

Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
Rocktiludrop
jahisnotdead

Haha, yes didn't Keith allegedly disgrace himself , I thought he was in great form by Paris, an all time low for me was when i saw him in 2007, i really thought his days were numbered in 07' but the great man and his wife pulled through.

Well yes but i didn't intend to bring that part of it up. These things are interconnected I suppose. I was there and it was clear from the beginning that he forgot his aura at home. The whole band seemed stripped bare of any of their mojo. It was excrutiating for me

Date: November 8, 2021 01:02

Nikkei
Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
Rocktiludrop
jahisnotdead

Well yes but i didn't intend to bring that part of it up. These things are interconnected I suppose. I was there and it was clear from the beginning that he forgot his aura at home. The whole band seemed stripped bare of any of their mojo. It was excrutiating for me

I know what you mean, i think at that point Keith was in denial and i honestly believe there wasn't anyone to tell him he was terrible. Somehow he did pull back and the Paris shows were more enjoyable.
I can't compare to someone like Keith but i have this in common, there is a similarity in some people, a negative trait that they go through life putting themselves in the bad place and then enjoy pulling themselves out again. Keith is like that, he's not content to go from strength to strength, obviously he's had a lifelong battle with his demons and was definitely winning a few shows ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-08 01:04 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 8, 2021 01:26

Rocktiludrop
Doxa
dennycranium

- Doxa

If you had ever been to Stones rehearsals you would not state such nonsense that's just wishful thinking on your part.

Date: November 8, 2021 01:39

retired_dog
Rocktiludrop
Doxa
dennycranium

- Doxa

If you had ever been to Stones rehearsals you would not state such nonsense that's just wishful thinking on your part.

Whatever you say , sure Mick contributes with Chuck towards the direction and conducting the way they approach the songs they play, and Mick plays great harmonica, but the finished article in front of a live audience is down to Keith, Ronnie and Steve to a larger extent.
Tell you what when Keith's off the whole band are off, just watched Hamburg 2017, it's hideous , that shows me who is most important to the Stones sound and delivery. Nothing saves them when Keith is off, when he's on, I mean really on like the first 8 or 9 shows of this tour it makes a huge difference, sorry to say but Keith's responsible for the music, that's good and bad in equal measures.

Date: November 8, 2021 01:42

Ok I'm out of here for a while, so much negative energy around, I'm like the guy to bash, no more.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 8, 2021 02:07

Rocktiludrop
Ok I'm out of here for a while, so much negative energy around, I'm like the guy to bash, no more.

Maybe it's time (again) for a new user profile? Just a thought.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 8, 2021 03:31

retired_dog
Rocktiludrop

Maybe it's time (again) for a new user profile? Just a thought.

I thought the same thing. For a guy that's been posting for 6 months he has over 700 posts. He's done this before. Probably got banned a few times.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home