Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17
Re: Keith's playing better this tour.
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 22, 2021 08:49

DandelionPowderman
slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan
too bad that he ins't able to sing and play the guitar at the same time. Otherwise songs like 'Connection' could be really great

He plays and sings at the same time on other songs. Seemingly, he stops playing when he needs extra focus on his singing for parts of songs. If memory serves, there is only one guitar on the studio version of Connection, so maybe he doesn't see the need of strumming through all of it.

I can't remember having seen him singing and playing the guitar at the same time in recent years,

Connection sounds really great these days – at least during these 20-30 seconds when Keith really plays guitar

20-30 seconds?

[www.youtube.com]

right – form 01:25 to 01:55 is the only longer part he has both of his hand on his guitar, from ca. 01:35 to 01:55 you can hear that he's really playing

Not true.

where else can you see his both hands at the guitar and/or hear him playing?

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 22, 2021 11:30

In 88' with the Winos we didn't get a Keith solo on Connection so was surprised we got one this tour.

Connection
[m.youtube.com]

Date: October 22, 2021 11:44

slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan
too bad that he ins't able to sing and play the guitar at the same time. Otherwise songs like 'Connection' could be really great

He plays and sings at the same time on other songs. Seemingly, he stops playing when he needs extra focus on his singing for parts of songs. If memory serves, there is only one guitar on the studio version of Connection, so maybe he doesn't see the need of strumming through all of it.

I can't remember having seen him singing and playing the guitar at the same time in recent years,

Connection sounds really great these days – at least during these 20-30 seconds when Keith really plays guitar

20-30 seconds?

[www.youtube.com]

right – form 01:25 to 01:55 is the only longer part he has both of his hand on his guitar, from ca. 01:35 to 01:55 you can hear that he's really playing

Not true.

where else can you see his both hands at the guitar and/or hear him playing?

He does quick single strums while singing on more places in the song than you think. Just rudimentary rhythm strokes, but anyhow... He plays more than you give him credit for, though.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 22, 2021 20:28

Big Al
As others have more articulately pointed out: Keith can still perform the open-g numbers to a high standard. Also, the time is good; his cranked-telecaster is always a winner to my ears. For me, it’s the sound of his Les Paul TV and ES355 which highlight his weaknesses. The sound just isn’t right to my ears. Others have touched on this, I recollect. His soling sounds painful at times.

It’s painful because he plays jibberish nonsense sometimes. The song is in the key of A and he is playing a lead in Ab for a few bars. He’s clueless sometimes.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: October 22, 2021 21:32

Cooltoplady
Big Al
As others have more articulately pointed out: Keith can still perform the open-g numbers to a high standard. Also, the time is good; his cranked-telecaster is always a winner to my ears. For me, it’s the sound of his Les Paul TV and ES355 which highlight his weaknesses. The sound just isn’t right to my ears. Others have touched on this, I recollect. His soling sounds painful at times.

It’s painful because he plays jibberish nonsense sometimes. The song is in the key of A and he is playing a lead in Ab for a few bars. He’s clueless sometimes.
I believe he's playing in the key of Keef Richards.

Date: October 22, 2021 23:04

I'm drunk but i just love Keith

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: October 23, 2021 00:53

Rocktiludrop
ProfessorWolf.

I agree he might have been drinking in recent tours, its unbelievable he has got this far in this great shape if that is true, remember Ronnie saying Keith wasn't nice in drink anymore, hinting he went from nice to nasty in shorter time spans.

I disagree he's using coke, probably something like Aderall, something legal, Ronnie has likely been using something similar in recent tours, either that or bloody strong coffee winking smiley

Yes, I agree. Keith said in 2007(?)that his doctor had said that he can't do coke ever again because of some medication which is very dangerous to use at the same time with coke. Of course it's possible that he doesn't have that same medication anymore but I still doubt he would be using.

Instead, totally possible that he could be using some adderall (or similar adhd medication) or even more possible that he could be using some kind of nootropics like modafinil which should be very safe to use and without any withdrawal side effects. Even astronauts use modafinil nowadays (for example in ISS station that drug is used).

And not drinking at all (almost) I think.

And maybe Steve Jordan has important role here also. Maybe the change in the band has really forced Keith to concentrate on the actual playing much more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-23 00:58 by rollingon.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 23, 2021 01:13

Wait till ya thaw out ....
Ya'll probably love him even more ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 23, 2021 01:49

Rockman

Wait till ya thaw out ....
Ya'll probably love him even more ......

The new Tattoo You stuff, man, let us have a ball!

- Doxa

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 23, 2021 02:55

let us have a ball

Hey YEAH Doxaman .... been doin
me best ta live like that since I first crawled ...

ROCKMAN

Date: October 23, 2021 15:54

rollingon
Rocktiludrop
ProfessorWolf.

I agree he might have been drinking in recent tours, its unbelievable he has got this far in this great shape if that is true, remember Ronnie saying Keith wasn't nice in drink anymore, hinting he went from nice to nasty in shorter time spans.

I disagree he's using coke, probably something like Aderall, something legal, Ronnie has likely been using something similar in recent tours, either that or bloody strong coffee winking smiley

Yes, I agree. Keith said in 2007(?)that his doctor had said that he can't do coke ever again because of some medication which is very dangerous to use at the same time with coke. Of course it's possible that he doesn't have that same medication anymore but I still doubt he would be using.

Instead, totally possible that he could be using some adderall (or similar adhd medication) or even more possible that he could be using some kind of nootropics like modafinil which should be very safe to use and without any withdrawal side effects. Even astronauts use modafinil nowadays (for example in ISS station that drug is used).

And not drinking at all (almost) I think.

And maybe Steve Jordan has important role here also. Maybe the change in the band has really forced Keith to concentrate on the actual playing much more.

Yes i agree, the Glimmers are obviously taking some form of life extension therapies, it's anyone's guess, Micks body muscle and skin shouldn't look like it does at his age, he doesn't suffer injuries either, the way he moves that in itself is a giveaway.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: October 23, 2021 18:22

Keith's SINGING in Pittsburgh is the best I've heard in at a show I've personally attended (1978-2021). I thought his guitar playing was much better in 2015 - tighter, more focused on rhythm that gave the songs real muscle. My one show in 2021 was still better than the mid-2000's version of himself, but lots of times he kind of lost/left and Ronnie jumped to fill-in. Back to more posing smiling than the diesel locomotive he was in 2015. His leads were also more disjointed.

The Pitt show was good, but lacked the energy and drive Keith had in 2015.

At 61 few things I do are as sharp as they were a few years ago. I have learned to cut myself a break - I can certainly do the same for Keith.

Date: October 25, 2021 09:56

Keith last night singing and playing guitar more last night than on previous recent tours, he is back to slashing at the strings and hitting the right ones, how does he do that smoking smiley

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 25, 2021 10:05

I think that at this age, and at this stage in their career the Stones should not be judged on their musical abilities anymore.

Mathijs

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 25, 2021 11:07

Mathijs
I think that at this age, and at this stage in their career the Stones should not be judged on their musical abilities anymore.

Mathijs

Hey, my friend, they are professional musicians. What should we judge them by other than their musical qualities? By their dental status or their pension amount?

Date: October 25, 2021 11:22

RobertJohnson
Mathijs

Mathijs

Hey, my friend, they are professional musicians. What should we judge them by other than their musical qualities? By their dental status or their pension amount?

I tend to agree with you unless it's £10 for a ticket then we can make allowances, but he honest my friend we are definitely getting our money's/ musicianships worth this tour.thumbs up

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 25, 2021 15:31

RobertJohnson
Mathijs

Mathijs

Why should you judge, and how will you judge them? They are a museum, they are the last true rock giants and they are rock royalty. Enjoy them for what they have achieved in 60 years. What's the use now to discuss Keith's playing? It's awful. Mick's singing? Horrible. Steve Jordan? Brings energy but no swing.

Enjoy a great night out, just as you enjoy the Mona Lisa.

Mathijs

Date: October 25, 2021 20:20

Mathijs

Mathijs

cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-25 20:49 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 26, 2021 22:06

They used to be a nostalgia act, now they're a museum act.
Keith is not playing better, Jagger doesn't still have it. ... enjoy the show but don't kid yourself.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: October 26, 2021 22:13

The stones are still fun to see and most songs sound good. I saw them last in the summer of 2019. My wife kept asking me why Keith Richards stopped playing in the middle of the songs and then started playing again. I am sure the arthritis in his hands must bother him at times. It’s much easier to play rhythm guitar in open G tuning.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 26, 2021 22:34

TheflyingDutchman
Mathijs

Mathijs

cool smiley

Actually I am going to visit Louvre soon to see how the old bitch is doing. Hopefully next year The Stones too...

But the secret of long, happy life of a Rolling Stones fan is an ability to move the goal posts as the years and decades go by. But I guess I am not myself in any Altamont fighting form either no more... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: October 26, 2021 23:10

The way he played HTW in LA would indicate his hands are not in pain. He's playing with more pace which could also be the result of Steve Jordan.

Date: October 26, 2021 23:15

Doxa
TheflyingDutchman
Mathijs

Mathijs

cool smiley

Actually I am going to visit Louvre soon to see how the old bitch is doing. Hopefully next year The Stones too...

But the secret of long, happy life of a Rolling Stones fan is an ability to move the goal posts as the years and decades go by. But I guess I am not myself in any Altamont fighting form either no more... grinning smiley

- Doxa

To me those days are over, dear Doxa. I don't know about the angels though.grinning smiley

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 27, 2021 02:24

it's obvious to anyone with eyes and ears that he seems to be playing better and more engaged- our friend above mentioned his playing on HTW and I agree -

I'm not certain how much he's cut back on the booze- and I know they said that he quit smoking (is this a fact?) -but both of those things would add to his energy level - plus the fact that his dear pal of many years isn't sitting behind him anymore and perhaps that jolt and the fact that the clock is ticking lit a fire under him that only he can understand-

whatever it is I hope it continues and they push it further than anyone else ever has-

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 27, 2021 06:50

HIS, and the bands, JJF in Minneapolis a few nights ago was magnificent

Rod

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: October 27, 2021 10:04

Keith has been playing better and better the last couple tours in my opinion.

In regards to comments here about the solo in Sympathy For The Devil, he's been playing a similarly sparse solo since the Voodoo Lounge tour.

Date: October 27, 2021 10:33

wonderboy
They used to be a nostalgia act, now they're a museum act.
Keith is not playing better, Jagger doesn't still have it. ... enjoy the show but don't kid yourself.

With all due respect can you name a band playing this kind of music that is giving better value for money at a live show, or a better band for lifting my spirits.

I ask because i must be missing out on a great opportunity to see something amazing .

Date: October 30, 2021 20:37

Keith seems unaware his solo is out of key, how is that possible.
[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: October 30, 2021 21:28

It,s so terrible i hardly can believe it.No more solos for Keith now.It,s embarrasing

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 30, 2021 21:58

Rocktiludrop
Keith seems unaware his solo is out of key, how is that possible.
[m.youtube.com]

Actually, had he played in key, it would have been a decent Keith type solo. On that tune, I wish Mick would have strapped on an extra guitar to put a little meat on the bones of Sad Sad Sad the way he did during the Steel Wheels tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-30 21:59 by Sighunt.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home