Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: New Chuck Berry Live Album
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 18, 2021 20:42

Re: OT: New Chuck Berry Live Album
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 18, 2021 23:21

thumbs up

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: October 20, 2021 16:50

Indeed! We managed to spring 2 cool birthday gifts on everyone. The new Live at Blueberry Hill LP and a reproduction of the guitar he played more than any other in his career.

We pick barn burners for this LP with dad absolutely on fire on each of them. That snippet Dualtone has on the page promoting the new album is indicative of what to expect. He used that ES-355 for the vast majority of the Blueberry Hill shows. Gibson did an excellent job on them.

CBII

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 20, 2021 16:55

CBII

Indeed! We managed to spring 2 cool birthday gifts on everyone. The new Live at Blueberry Hill LP and a reproduction of the guitar he played more than any other in his career.

We pick barn burners for this LP with dad absolutely on fire on each of them. That snippet Dualtone has on the page promoting the new album is indicative of what to expect. He used that ES-355 for the vast majority of the Blueberry Hill shows. Gibson did an excellent job on them.
When is the release date for the new album ? I tried looking for it yesterday and could not find it .

Date: October 20, 2021 17:44

TheGreek
CBII

When is the release date for the new album ? I tried looking for it yesterday and could not find it .

December 17th, 2021. Here's the official press release.

[shorefire.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 20, 2021 19:34

CBII
TheGreek
CBII

December 17th, 2021. Here's the official press release.

[shorefire.com]
Thank You Kindly ! I have to say it's a great setlist and the 2 sample tracks of Carlo/Little Queenie sound awesome ! I can't wait for this release . P.S. I really love Hail Hail Rock and Roll .

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 20, 2021 20:56

My only regret is never making one of those shows.

It was "he's there every month, I'll make one eventually". sad smiley

I did catch both Fox Theater shows, and a show under the arch during the Independence Day celebrations earlier however.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 20, 2021 21:48

Sounds like a perfect Christmas gift!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 21, 2021 04:52

awesome sounds great
hope there's a lot more in the vaults for chuck i'll buy it

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 8, 2021 20:24

Date: November 8, 2021 20:36

Carnaby

paul looks different but i can't quite figure out what it is hmm

Date: November 8, 2021 20:46

hey CBII are there plans for more future releases of your dad's music like perhaps his many many decades worth radio broadcasts and i know of at least one recording he did in studio for the bbc in the 60's of johnny b. goode did he do more sessions for them in the sixties that have survived

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: November 9, 2021 12:12

Paul's got shoes on!!

Date: November 9, 2021 18:45

ukcal
Paul's got shoes on!!

thats it

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 9, 2021 21:39

[www.gibson.com]

Chuck Berry tribute guitar for sale from Gibson.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-09 21:40 by Carnaby.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 10, 2021 18:08

Can't wait!
"We pick barn burners for this LP with dad absolutely on fire on each of them."

... I think I would have preferred an entire show, but still will be nice to hear a pick-&-choose of what "on fire" will sound like!

Add it to the collection!

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: November 10, 2021 23:56

Just to say chuck never had a standing band so to speak. He sent word ahead to which ever European country he was due in. Muusians would be there. Now this sounds total bollocks , however I was young in the south of France those days but I knew the French guys who played with him. They said when they first met him. He said " well ya know my music " let's play.. that's a true story. Also later saw him at the clapham grand

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: December 18, 2021 23:41

Listening to the album now, WOW!

Date: December 19, 2021 00:37

Date: December 19, 2021 00:40

bit off topic but just noticed this and liked it a lot

Date: December 19, 2021 03:30

Well the cat was let out of the bag for this one in October but it became available for streaming yesterday. Hope everyone enjoys it.

CBII

Date: December 19, 2021 03:52

Just to say chuck never had a standing band so to speak. He sent word ahead to which ever European country he was due in. Muusians would be there. Now this sounds total bollocks , however I was young in the south of France those days but I knew the French guys who played with him. They said when they first met him. He said " well ya know my music " let's play.. that's a true story. Also later saw him at the clapham grand

Well it's TRUE, my dad used musicians supplied by tour and local promoters but we convinced him to go back to using a standing band for most of the tours the last 10 years he performed. Not 100% of the time but pretty much from 2005 forward, it was the same line up for tours in Europe. Jean Michel Bigar on drums from France and Daniel Trustrup Rossing on piano from Norway with myself, Jimmy Marsala on bass and my sister Ingrid. Now its correct dad would still rely on promoters to supply musicians for one off shows but even then in those cases Jean Michel would be the drummer. Formal tours in Europe from 2008 - 2014 all had the same musicans.

Blueberry Hill had the same line up for nearly 12 years with Jimmy, Ingrid and Bob Lohr (piano) being core members from the first show in 1996. I joined after my brother in law Chuck Clay died unexpectedly in 2000 and Keith Robinson on drums joined in 2002 (?) and we were the band at Blueberry Hill until the last show.

CBII

Date: December 19, 2021 04:43

CBII
Well the cat was let out of the bag for this one in October but it became available for streaming yesterday. Hope everyone enjoys it.

thanks it sounds wonderful

really enjoying it

but can you or anyone give exact dates when these performances were recorded?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 19, 2021 14:44

Seeing Chuck Berry in Macon in the 1980's is one of my proudest musical moments.

Date: December 19, 2021 16:39

ProfessorWolf
CBII

really enjoying it

It's really unfortunate but I can't give the exact dates. The engineer that recorded the shows for my father kept very sloppy or non existant session notes! I do know 8 shows were recorded in total. The live number Enchiladas on "Chuck" was recorded during that run of shows. As I remember, they were recorded consecutively so maybe the second half of 2005 through the first part of 2006. We had every concert date documented on ChuckBerry.com but during a site update all the forum data was lost HOWEVER, Wolfgang Guhl has an excellent site that documents most of the shows from 1955 forward. So if you want to do some sleuthing you can possibly match up the Blueberry Hill dates and have a general idea (chuckberry.de).

For whatever reason, my dad wasn't keen on doing audio / video recordings of his concerts. It took me several years of lobbying him to have a couple of my friends do a two camera shoot at Blueberry Hill. The video came out great but the audio was horrid (we forgot to connect one of the cameras to the house mixer). They sat around for years since there wasnt anything to match the video up with. The song Darlin on "Chuck" used parts of that show in the music video created for it. It also included footage from my parents 40th wedding anniversary in October 1988 and a concert down at the Gateway Arch 1982 on the 4th of July.

I could not convince him to bring the cameras back when the shows were being multi track recorded. Lucky for everyone he let us get what we got.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 19, 2021 16:59

Yes, great later day recordings. I'm loving it. Yahoo!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 19, 2021 19:14

Nice - I saw him play there around 2000, and I think his kids were already in the band. Good memories!

Date: December 19, 2021 23:36

CBII
ProfessorWolf
CBII

really enjoying it

It's really unfortunate but I can't give the exact dates. The engineer that recorded the shows for my father kept very sloppy or non existant session notes! I do know 8 shows were recorded in total. The live number Enchiladas on "Chuck" was recorded during that run of shows. As I remember, they were recorded consecutively so maybe the second half of 2005 through the first part of 2006. We had every concert date documented on ChuckBerry.com but during a site update all the forum data was lost HOWEVER, Wolfgang Guhl has an excellent site that documents most of the shows from 1955 forward. So if you want to do some sleuthing you can possibly match up the Blueberry Hill dates and have a general idea (chuckberry.de).

For whatever reason, my dad wasn't keen on doing audio / video recordings of his concerts. It took me several years of lobbying him to have a couple of my friends do a two camera shoot at Blueberry Hill. The video came out great but the audio was horrid (we forgot to connect one of the cameras to the house mixer). They sat around for years since there wasnt anything to match the video up with. The song Darlin on "Chuck" used parts of that show in the music video created for it. It also included footage from my parents 40th wedding anniversary in October 1988 and a concert down at the Gateway Arch 1982 on the 4th of July.

I could not convince him to bring the cameras back when the shows were being multi track recorded. Lucky for everyone he let us get what we got.

thanks that's to bad about not having exact dates

but i'll take your advice and do some sleuthing

i'll check out those sites you mentioned and also scour youtube for videos that could possibly match up

and i'll see if i can dig up any audience recordings from those dates you mentioned and see if anything matches up to those as well

i do love a mysterywinking smiley

and also thanks for all the background on the recordings

i always love hearing about that stuff

here's hoping for more releases in the future

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 21, 2021 09:34

The album sounds great! I always loved that Chuck chose to do Mean Old World, first two times I saw him in 2007 he did it at both shows and I was over the moon! Now it comes in real handy considering I haven't seen the old lady or my daughter for 14 weeks and with no hope of doing so in the near future. Looking forward to getting the CD in the mail!

Merry Christmas Sir!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 21, 2021 11:12

Seeing Chuck Berry live was always a lot like seeing the Stones.

You knew you weren't going to get technical perfection ....

...but the almost religious feeling of being in the presence of Rock n Roll greatness was wonderful.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1427
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home