Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: SFM, Los Angeles: one of the best version ever?
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 19, 2021 16:46

I’ve always loved the YaYas version. But the Hyde Park 2013 version is killer for me. The atmosphere. Keith doing those driving down riffs. Crowd at his feet. OMG

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-19 16:46 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: November 19, 2021 17:22

chevysales
nah I dug opening to Licks at Fleet Center. Keith was all over the stage that night like an uncaged tiger. and they nailed it for an opener... and lets not forget we also got Stray Cat Blues that night as they "featured" and album each nite of that great tour.
what an undertaking 3 shows/venues in big cities!!!

Yea it was a great opener at Fleet Center. Mick's voice was more powerful back then.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 19, 2021 18:17

GasLightStreet
Damn.

That was excellent. Absolutely.

This song was destroyed thoroughly in 1981. URBAN JUNGLE they neutered it. It wasn't much better on the VOODOO tours but certainly by the LICKS tour they were back to playing it with the power it respects (the PPV Madison Square Garden show was spectacular), which started, of course, in 1969.

Thank you for posting the ‘81 Street Fighting Man; I hadn’t heard a rendition from that tour. It’s a glorious train wreck to my ears. So ramshackle, yet there’s some fine playing from Ronnie. Quite enjoyable. I’m guessing it was dropped from the set-list quite early on, though?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 19, 2021 19:15

YES! And much better than the forced 1973-version...smiling smiley

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: November 20, 2021 04:42

I liked it.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 20, 2021 05:11

Was at this LA one as well, and definitely a highlight from the tour smileys with beer

Not the best version ever, but I'm going to go ahead and count it as my all time favorite, was the opening version at Chicago-1 in 2019.

After postponement for his heart issue, Mick sprinting down the catwalk during it, clearly to prove to all that not only was he back, but doing just fine thank you was truly fantastic!

The whole opening sequence leading up to it was also awesome.
The Star Spangled Banner leading into SFM was amazing , especially given all the street fighting that the country was experiencing at the time with protests etc.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 20, 2021 17:09

Truly exciting, that one, Mister DDDD.
Many of us were shouting, Mick, Mick, Mick, when he came out, as I remember it.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: November 20, 2021 17:26

MILKYWAY
I liked it.
Agree, Chicago SFM June 21, 2019 was epic for the reasons you shared.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 20, 2021 18:21

A great version(s). Since 2012 when they started this latest concert concept of theirs, "Street Fighting Man" has been terrific, although they played it very rarely during the first years. But, for example, I think it was one of the songs that worked best in Hyde Park, when I saw them there then. Now it is even better. A great opener.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-20 18:21 by Doxa.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 20, 2021 19:41

angee
Truly exciting, that one, Mister DDDD.
Many of us were shouting, Mick, Mick, Mick, when he came out, as I remember it.

Indeed smileys with beer

Was a real surprise to see him break into that sprint on the catwalk.
What a perfect way for him to answer any lingering questions.. brilliant.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 20, 2021 23:17

[www.youtube.com]

I can't imagine a better modern day version than this one from 2014. The one from Stripped must also be one of the best ever

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: November 21, 2021 02:52

Nikkei
[www.youtube.com]

I can't imagine a better modern day version than this one from 2014. The one from Stripped must also be one of the best ever

I gotta take my hat off to you for that one, absolutely brilliant Keith, i forgot how good he was in 2014, Hyde Park was a great version of SFM too the year before.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 21, 2021 02:58

Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
[www.youtube.com]

I gotta take my hat off to you for that one, absolutely brilliant Keith, i forgot how good he was in 2014, Hyde Park was a great version of SFM too the year before.

That whole show really was one for the ages

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 21, 2021 03:34

Nikkei
Rocktiludrop
Nikkei
[www.youtube.com]

That whole show really was one for the ages

Great version of SFM from the modern Stones show? I wasn’t in Düsseldorf 2014, but Düsseldorf 2017 is the one for me. Impressive long running end part, outstanding and unquestionable highlight of the night. Düsseldorf — must be the place for the SFM!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2057
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home