Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Los Angeles #2 show live updates - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 10, 2021 18:05

MisterDDDD
At both LA shows as well.. these videos are really great smileys with beer.

In the battle of best new stadiums, the less expensive Allegiant in Vegas wins this one fairly easily.
Better sound, better logistics and much better atmosphere.

Good on Allegiant, a very good low cost airline for those unfamiliar.

Agreed 100%. Add more competent staff and better location without having to get gouged by parking.

Doubt I will ever fly Allegiant or use Sofi/Nofi so as far as naming rights it doesn't matter.

Re: Los Angeles #2 show live updates - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 10, 2021 19:50

Getting out of SoFi from the floor was a nightmare. Getting out of Allegiant from the floor was a piece of cake. Much better stadium!

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: November 10, 2021 20:25

JadedFaded
Getting out of SoFi from the floor was a nightmare. Getting out of Allegiant from the floor was a piece of cake. Much better stadium!

Wish I had had the “problem” of comparing/contrasting getting out of Sofi and Allegiant from the floor. (Very happy with my Lucky Dips for both LA 1 and Vegas though…)

Can’t help but think there would be no Sofi without digging a 100’ foot hole to get approval from FAA to build in LAX flight path, the downside of which I assume is floor egress. If that’s what was needed to build it, it’s all good. Admittedly I’m biased (I live 4 miles from Sofi) but I’ll take it after dealing with LA Coliseum and the like my entire life. Some improvement on public transit options is needed though.

I do get the appeal of Allegiant after the 10 minute walk over the bridge from the venue to the hotel Saturday. And they did a great job with stadium too from what I saw. Hope to make the trip to Vegas for other events there in the future.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: November 10, 2021 21:54

jmd
JadedFaded

Wish I had had the “problem” of comparing/contrasting getting out of Sofi and Allegiant from the floor. (Very happy with my Lucky Dips for both LA 1 and Vegas though…)

Can’t help but think there would be no Sofi without digging a 100’ foot hole to get approval from FAA to build in LAX flight path, the downside of which I assume is floor egress. If that’s what was needed to build it, it’s all good. Admittedly I’m biased (I live 4 miles from Sofi) but I’ll take it after dealing with LA Coliseum and the like my entire life. Some improvement on public transit options is needed though.

I do get the appeal of Allegiant after the 10 minute walk over the bridge from the venue to the hotel Saturday. And they did a great job with stadium too from what I saw. Hope to make the trip to Vegas for other events there in the future.

I was in the second level at the second LA show and it was pretty bad trying to get out of SoFi then too. Just poor design. Too many bottlenecks for everyone to get up and out. Every escalator and stairwell was a bottleneck.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 10, 2021 22:24

Personally, not a big fan of any of these new gargantuan behemoths - I prefer venues like the historic Rose Bowl, and even the old Coliseum, just as I prefer the old L.A. Forum over Staples Center...or the old MGM Grand Arena over the sterile T-Mobile arena. I probably would have preferred the dirty old and decrepit Jack Murphy stadium in San Diego where the Stones were originally scheduled over SoFi, but sadly was not meant to be.
No matter though - it all really comes down to what's happening on any given stage, and no denying the Stones left their mark and put a major dent in the new SoFi with two fantastic and amazing shows - historical.

Date: November 11, 2021 00:10

JadedFaded
jmd
JadedFaded

I was in the second level at the second LA show and it was pretty bad trying to get out of SoFi then too. Just poor design. Too many bottlenecks for everyone to get up and out. Every escalator and stairwell was a bottleneck.

I was in C222 for LA2. Didn’t have that experience. IIRC, just went up an escalator and walked a bit to exit.

I can see how all the club seats do create some dead ends though, particularly for those not familiar with layout. They should consider some fixes—signage, more personnel to help direct flow—to address. All in all, though, I do like the design…particularly use of the canopy on the upper concourses that allows cooling via the prevailing western breeze.

Date: November 11, 2021 00:21

Hairball
Personally, not a big fan of any of these new gargantuan behemoths - I prefer venues like the historic Rose Bowl, and even the old Coliseum, just as I prefer the old L.A. Forum over Staples Center...or the old MGM Grand Arena over the sterile T-Mobile arena. I probably would have preferred the dirty old and decrepit Jack Murphy stadium in San Diego where the Stones were originally scheduled over SoFi, but sadly was not meant to be.
No matter though - it all really comes down to what's happening on any given stage, and no denying the Stones left their mark and put a major dent in the new SoFi with two fantastic and amazing shows - historical.

Personally I’ve had my fill of the old gargantuan behemoths like the Rose Bowl (and the 15-20 minute bottleneck waiting to get through those tunnels to seats), the Coliseum, and the Murph (RIP) and will enjoy the new ones. winking smiley

Totally agree on your last sentence though! smileys with beer

Date: November 11, 2021 00:32

Not sure what you're referring to with the "15-20 minute bottleneck waiting to get through those tunnels to seats" at the Rose Bowl.
I never had that problem - not at the Stones show in 2019, or any other show that I recall for that matter - including the Stones in '94.
Oh well, I just hope they never tear it down...there's a certain beauty to the old school no frills stadiums and arenas...they're simply more "rock and roll" imo.

Date: November 11, 2021 01:02

Hairball
Not sure what you're referring to with the "15-20 minute bottleneck waiting to get through those tunnels to seats" at the Rose Bowl.
I never had that problem - not at the Stones show in 2019, or any other show that I recall for that matter - including the Stones in '94.
Oh well, I just hope they never tear it down...there's a certain beauty to the old school no frills stadiums and arenas...they're simply more "rock and roll" imo.

Wasn’t at concert; New Year’s Day Rose Bowl football game several years ago. It’s a claustrophobic’s dream when everyone enters and leaves through 1 of 28 tunnels at the same time.

Don’t get me wrong; I like some of the historic older stadiums. Fenway and Wrigley Field to name two. And the Rose Bowl is cool every decade or so. Others not so much…Coliseum and the Murph are in that category.

Date: November 11, 2021 01:27

jmd
JadedFaded
jmd
JadedFaded

I was in C222 for LA2. Didn’t have that experience. IIRC, just went up an escalator and walked a bit to exit.

I can see how all the club seats do create some dead ends though, particularly for those not familiar with layout. They should consider some fixes—signage, more personnel to help direct flow—to address. All in all, though, I do like the design…particularly use of the canopy on the upper concourses that allows cooling via the prevailing western breeze.

Some training of staff would also help. It seemed that most of the staff had never even walked around the stadium and beyond the door they worked was a black hole. I would have expected the black hole at the Raiders stadium.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 11, 2021 02:41

daspyknows

Some training of staff would also help. It seemed that most of the staff had never even walked around the stadium and beyond the door they worked was a black hole. I would have expected the black hole at the Raiders stadium.

Right??
I honestly would never go the stadium for almost (stones) any reason again.
The sound was real spotty as well.. great in the pit and lower level, but only in certain areas. Sound check was clearer outside the stadium than in certain areas of the lower bowl. When Mick asked from the stage how the sound was in this new state of the art stadium, I think legit wanted to know..

Walked up what seemed like, and could have been, six flights of stairs to get out of the floor level.
Hip surgery for me is in literally three weeks and the other one was replaced four months ago. Good times winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 11, 2021 03:29

Heck DDDD ... bet you were wishin
the song vote ta be Shake Your Hips ...

ROCKMAN

Date: November 11, 2021 04:02

MisterDDDD
daspyknows

Right??
The sound was real spotty as well.. great in the pit and lower level, but only in certain areas. Sound check was clearer outside the stadium than in certain areas of the lower bowl. When Mick asked from the stage how the sound was in this new state of the art stadium, I think legit wanted to know..

Walked up what seemed like, and could have been, six flights of stairs to get out of the floor level.
Hip surgery for me is in literally three weeks and the other one was replaced four months ago. Good times winking smiley

Ouch! I imagine floor to exit is at least six flights.

Day before LA-1 I visited gift shop and tried to look around; noticed that the top of video boards were barely visible from Level 4. Long way down to the floor from there.

Re staffing—Seems like every week I see Sofi is having a job fair. Attached a link for one. Agree that staffing and training is a huge issue for them.

[hiringfair.hollywoodparkca.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-11 04:04 by jmd.

Date: November 11, 2021 04:30

MisterDDDD
daspyknows

Right??

My taping buddy is older and he dragged me to the ADA elevator with him. I wasn't going to complain.

Good luck on the hip surgery. A friend had it done last week and is slowly recovering.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 11, 2021 07:03

Hairball
Thanks again dnewton99 - all of your videos are great!thumbs up

It's almost as if I was standing just a few feet behind you.winking smiley

Thank you!! I love taking them if I am on the rail.. otherwise it's hard on the arms and too many heads in the way.. smiling smiley

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 11, 2021 07:05

MisterDDDD
dnewton99

I just posted some good ones from Las Vegas.

Fantastic footage from very near where I was standing.. great stuff, thanks!

I like taking videos. so much fun.. Thanks for nice comments

SFM, Los Angeles: one of the best version ever?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 18, 2021 16:44

So brilliant!! And that biblical "Get Down" at 3:06!!
[youtu.be]

Re: SFM, Los Angeles: one of the best version ever?
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 18, 2021 17:57

Best version ever (until the next show).

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: November 18, 2021 20:31

nah I dug opening to Licks at Fleet Center. Keith was all over the stage that night like an uncaged tiger. and they nailed it for an opener... and lets not forget we also got Stray Cat Blues that night as they "featured" and album each nite of that great tour.
what an undertaking 3 shows/venues in big cities!!!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 18, 2021 20:43

chevysales
nah I dug opening to Licks at Fleet Center. Keith was all over the stage that night like an uncaged tiger. and they nailed it for an opener... and lets not forget we also got Stray Cat Blues that night as they "featured" and album each nite of that great tour.
what an undertaking 3 shows/venues in big cities!!!

From my perspective, the Licks tour was their last great tour. And yes, what an undertaking for a pretty conservative band that does not readily mix-up their set-lists- to visit a city and play a stadium, arena, and smaller theatre venue (although not every city got that royal treatment).

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 18, 2021 21:18

Moments like these and, yeah, they’ve still got it! I love the driving-guitars, the rhythm and the beat. Jagger is masterful. It’s unfortunate they cannot always sustain the ferociousness throughout these shows, but these little blasts of nostalgia certainly make one grin.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: November 18, 2021 21:44

It's just perfect

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: November 18, 2021 21:46

Don't understand why they lost that since a few shows, after Minneapolis

Date: November 18, 2021 21:56

Great version from a great show. thumbs up
I was standing a few people behind dnewton98 who recorded this...chills every time I watch this and his other videos of this show.
As AntoineParis said, a shame they seem to have lost the spark after Minneapolis (for the most part) ...running out of steam towards the finish line...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 18, 2021 22:05

Lol.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 18, 2021 22:32

Yep all ya can do is laugh Mr Triple Dee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 18, 2021 22:59

EVER??? Uh, Ya Yas, and the '73 European Tour versions blow anything away they did later.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 18, 2021 23:14

I must admit it works very well. A very good opener. SFM is maybe the best working song in the modern era. Still fresh. Not worn out like some of the other warhorses.
It's really good. I think Commander senses that also.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 19, 2021 04:21

Damn.

That was excellent. Absolutely.

This song was destroyed thoroughly in 1981. URBAN JUNGLE they neutered it. It wasn't much better on the VOODOO tours but certainly by the LICKS tour they were back to playing it with the power it respects (the PPV Madison Square Garden show was spectacular), which started, of course, in 1969.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 19, 2021 12:05

AntoineParis
It's just perfect

smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1544
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home