Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Los Angeles #2 show live updates - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 19, 2021 18:59

snoopy2
KRiffhard
What a brilliant performance!
And at 3:06 a biblical "GET DOWN"!!!

[youtu.be]

Fantastic, thx for pointing out the Get Down.. Man, every show has been great in a different way and yet in the same way that their energy is rock n roll!

smileys with beer
Imo one of the best version ever

Re: Los Angeles #2 show live updates - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 19, 2021 22:49

For those who want to hear LA2 here is an untracked high bitrate mp3 to stream to your phone or puter while I track the set. Recorded using Schoeps MK41 mics in the front of section B3 just a few seats off dead center. Please do not download this, remaster, matrix or sell this. I know that is a difficult request for some to follow.

[spaces.hightail.com]

Date: October 20, 2021 00:14

daspyknows
For those who want to hear LA2 here is an untracked high bitrate mp3 to stream to your phone or puter while I track the set. Recorded using Schoeps MK41 mics in the front of section B3 just a few seats off dead center. Please do not download this, remaster, matrix or sell this. I know that is a difficult request for some to follow.

[spaces.hightail.com]

Many thanks smileys with beer

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 20, 2021 01:03

Date: October 19, 2021 17:46

ProfessorWolf
daspyknows
tommyturbo76
Mick was commenting on the new stadium and asked the crowd "how does the new stadium sound?" Personally, explicitly for sound, I think open-air places (like the Rose Bowl) are far better with much less ambient noise and echo..

I was right by the soundboard (same seats)and thought LA1 sounded bad and LA2 sounded fair. Compared to Levi Stadium or both Metlife Stadium shows last tour the sound was a disappointment. Considering I was sitting in the same row as the sound engineer that was a surprise. The performance for LA2 was exceptional IMHO. Listening to both shows on the ride home made the drive go fast.

dapsy did you tape both or either show and if so do you plan on sharing i understand your reasons if not but would love to hear your recordings if you could somehow get them to me i promise not to tinker with them or share them if those are your wishes

Msg me your email.

goddamn dapsy that recording sounds so good best i've heard so far this tour

here is my email

professorwolfforever@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-20 01:06 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: stonenut356 ()
Date: October 20, 2021 01:46

daspyknows

[spaces.hightail.com]
Sounds great! Thank you

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 20, 2021 01:47

Irix

Like the first day, arrived at SoFi around 3:30 and strolled over to merch stand to pick up numbered poster to put back in my care - there was a very small stack, and happily purchased #362 of 500... thumbs up

Date: October 20, 2021 02:18

maumau
Hairball
maumau
dnewton99
my vid of Beast.. Close PIT but obstructed a bit [youtu.be]

your videos are a treasure, thanks

Yes, thanks dnewton99...thumbs up

I must have been right next to you or very close - maybe a bit behind you - I was Pit 1 back rail, next to the catwalk.
Looking forward to seeing a video of Gimme Shelter - Sasha stopped right at that spot of the catwalk for her stunning vocal solo - thrilling....

here you go

Thanks maumau, that was fantastic, and yes appears I was a few people behind dnewton99.
All these videos, pics, and recordings make for some amazing souvenirs...times sure have changed...
Thanks everyone for posting everything! thumbs up

Posted by: jjflash30 ()
Date: October 20, 2021 09:33

Thank you! great sound! cool to hear the whole show again. it was a fun night!

Posted by: jjflash30 ()
Date: October 20, 2021 09:46

daspyknows

[spaces.hightail.com]

Thank you! great sound! cool to hear the whole show again. it was a fun night!

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: October 20, 2021 11:15

KRiffhard

[youtu.be]

My word this is magnificent. As good as they ever sounded and better than they've sounded since…Stripped? They just sound so tight, slashy, taught and punchy. What an absolute masterclass in rock n' roll.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: October 20, 2021 11:17

Steve Jordan should be knighted next. What an absolute legend pulling this off the way he has. And he looks cool as hell!

Date: October 20, 2021 13:52

WorriedAboutYou
KRiffhard

[youtu.be]

My word this is magnificent. As good as they ever sounded and better than they've sounded since…Stripped? They just sound so tight, slashy, taught and punchy. What an absolute masterclass in rock n' roll.

smileys with beer

Date: October 20, 2021 14:26

daspyknows

[spaces.hightail.com]

Thanks, daspy. That's a nice recording thumbs up

Los Angeles #2 - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 20, 2021 20:55

Why The Rolling Stones Remain The Most Electrifying Show In Music After Six Decades

Steve Baltin
Oct 19, 2021

INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA - OCTOBER 14 Rich Fury/Getty Images

Sunday night, October 17, the Rolling Stones came back to L.A.'s new massive SoFi Stadium for the second of their two-night run in the City of Angels.

The Stones had just been to L.A. two years earlier, for a triumphant show at the Rose Bowl. It wouldn't matter if they were doing a Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden residency in L.A. and playing once a week.

One of the most remarkable things about the Stones unparalleled six decade-plus at the absolute peak of music's live food chain is how every Stones show, regardless of how recently they have played, feels like an event of Super Bowl-esque proportions.

Again, their last visit was a sold-out stadium show a mere two years ago. And yet, the fervor surrounding these shows was as if this was their first reunion show in decades.

So what makes every Rolling Stones tour still feel so much larger than life? It'd be an oversimplification to say now it's the fact, that at their ages, every tour feels like it could be the last one.

The "Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle" tour, which ran from 1989 - 1990, and the "Voodoo Lounge" trek, in 1994 - '95, became the highest grossing tour of all time at that point. So every Stones jaunt for the last three decades plus has been a part of the cultural zeitgeist that transcends music.

Nor is it that they are the last of an era. Peers like the Who and Bob Dylan, equally important and great in music history, tour just as regularly to smaller audiences and much less hype.

So, yes the Stones, are legends, one of the greatest bands of all time. But other artists of similar stature and history who emerged from the '60s also continue to tour and release new music regularly. So it is not as if the Stones are singularly unique in that respect.

So, what is it? You can just look at my friends and I and our perspectives Sunday night to get an insight into what sets Stones shows apart from almost every other event in music.

My first Stones show was 1981 at the L.A. Coliseum, the infamous night where a young artist named Prince was booed off the stage as fans threw things at him. This time, I went with two friends, one who had last seen the Stones in 1991 and one who had never seen them.

Despite our varying experiences everyone felt the same electricity as the band comes on. And just for the record, while I am a big fan, I have never subscribed to the Stones as the "World's Greatest Rock And Roll Band." They are not my personal favorites. So I am not overly biased going in.

But when they take the stage, whether you were seeing them for the fiftieth time or the first time, it is a palpable electricity. That starts with frontman Mick Jagger, who after his health scare of a few years ago, is revitalized, reinvigorated and has more energy at 78 than an entire classroom together full of six-year-olds hopped up on a mix of triple espressos, Red Bull and amphetamines.

I remember attending both nights of the Rock And Roll Hall OF Fame twenty-fifth anniversary concerts in New York in 2009. Over the course of two nights, Paul Simon, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Billy Joel, Lou Reed and others all performed.

The final set of night two, U2 brought out Jagger as a surprise guest during "Gimme Shelter." There aren't enough cliches in the world to describe the impact Jagger's presence had on the crowd. In a building full of music legends, the biggest music legends in the world, when he walked on stage unannounced it would have measured 6.1 on the Richter scale in Zimbabwe. From the second he came on, he owned that stage,

Twelve years later, the same remains true. Possessing a charisma that has been rivaled only in rock by David Bowie and Freddie Mercury, Jagger is unquestionably on the Mount Rushmore of rock frontmen. And the excitement of seeing him command the stage is as compelling and powerful as it's ever been,

As great a presence as Jagger is, like any of the iconic bands — Zeppelin, Beatles, the Who — the magic of the Stones is in the chemistry of the unique personalities. This show Sunday, like everyone on this tour, was dedicated to drummer Charlie Watts, who passed just before the start of this run. But while his absence was definitely felt, there was, as there should be, a plethora of time given on the giant video screens to guitarists Ron Wood and Keith Richards.

The Jagger Richards dynamic over the years is of course famous, or infamous depending on the timing. But they remain the perfect foils for each other. Jagger the consummate showman and Richards the cooler than thou rock star whose legendary stature as one of the all-time great rock personas came from his "I don't give a f**k" demeanor.

So the Stones have the personalities. And then there are the songs. From the opening "Street Fighting Man" through the final, "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," a Stones concert in 2021 is a walk through classic rock history.

Looking at posts on social media in the days after the show, it was remarkable to see the number of people choosing different songs as the greatest song ever. And the diversity of those selections. For some it was the stunning ballad, "Wild Horses," a song of such tender beauty it's nearly impossible to fathom it came from the same band who wrote the dark, percussive "Sympathy For The Devil."

Both of those stood out on this night, as did the sing along "Beast Of Burden," the incendiary "Jumpin' Jack Flash," the ominous "Paint It Black," the blues-laden "Midnight Rambler" and the joyous "Start Me Up."

For me, the centerpiece of this show, as it is every Stones show, is the unrivaled "Gimme Shelter," inarguably one of the top ten songs in rock history. When "Gimme Shelter" is being played live it is an riveting, electrifying, intoxicating experience that you cannot look away from.

Then you could say that about every Stones song live. There is a swagger, an aura of invincibility they possess on stage, that make them unlike any other show in music. "The World's Greatest Rock And Roll Band?" That is as always up for debate. What is not debatable is the Stones are the greatest showmen rock has ever seen. And that is why every tour feels like a can't miss event. Because it is.

[www.forbes.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 20, 2021 21:12

daspyknows

[spaces.hightail.com]

Top-notch recording! Thanks!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 20, 2021 21:18

daspyknows

[spaces.hightail.com]

Thanks! I really wanted to hear very clear versions of All Down The Line and Connection. Ronnie's solo on All Down The Line came through very cleanly. Unlike the various you tube videos. I streamed those two, no downloading. As your tape is running, I am hearing Before They Make me Run. Very nice! Far superior to youtube.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: October 20, 2021 21:24

daspyknows

[spaces.hightail.com]

Wow! Thank you. Thank you! Thank you!!! What a gift. You have my promise not to publish it in any way, but I can't promise that I won't listen to it about 100 more times. Nice work!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 20, 2021 21:30

"...more energy at 78 than an entire classroom together full of six-year-olds hopped up on a mix of triple espressos, Red Bull and amphetamines"

just terrible writing. those kids would beat each other up, shit their pants, puke all over the place

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-20 21:40 by Nikkei.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 20, 2021 23:41

daspy, thanks so much! Listening now. What a show! I was supposed to be there--this is almost as good. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 21, 2021 00:02

daspyknows

[spaces.hightail.com]

Stunning. Will we get a lossless version at some point?

Date: October 21, 2021 02:57

Justin
daspyknows

[spaces.hightail.com]

Yes, Just need to find the time to get the files ready.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 21, 2021 03:12

daspyknows
Justin
daspyknows

[spaces.hightail.com]

Yes, Just need to find the time to get the files ready.

thank you for the effort dapsy can't wait

Mick in Los Angeles
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 21, 2021 23:31

Mattresses, murals and more around LA!

[twitter.com]

Re: Mick in Los Angeles
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 22, 2021 00:15

Best looking near-octogenarian on the planet.

Love the Mattress Shop shot... thanks for posting smileys with beer

Re: Mick in Los Angeles
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 22, 2021 14:15

Mick looks a lot happier in 2021 than he did in the 1969 shot!

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: November 10, 2021 06:05

sorry - just saw this. I do try to record every Stones song.. you might not notice but a few posts are 2 songs - if they don't stop and flow right into another song it is easier to just keep recording.

I do use the Keith 2 songs to 1) change my battery - need 2 for a show 2) rest my arms and neck. So I don't record those (I did do Connections in LA since others told me that was new/rare in his set)

Sometimes I have camera card fails or other challenges so I might skip a song

I don't look through the camera when recording. I hold it on the side of my face or shoulder.. I want to watch the show to enjoy the moment. That is why sometimes I add that in the description ( might be bouncy and out of focus some since I don't look through the camera - i just glance at it sometimes_

I just posted some good ones from Las Vegas.

Date: November 10, 2021 06:26

Thanks again dnewton99 - all of your videos are great!thumbs up

It's almost as if I was standing just a few feet behind you.winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-10 06:41 by Hairball.

Date: November 10, 2021 06:41

dnewton99

I just posted some good ones from Las Vegas.

Fantastic footage from very near where I was standing.. great stuff, thanks!

Date: November 10, 2021 06:52

WorriedAboutYou
KRiffhard

[youtu.be]

Haven't watched any of these videos since a day or two after this show took place on Oct. 17, and wow...thanks so much to dnewton99 for these.thumbs up
Both L.A. #1 and #2 were amazing, and not just because of the sizzling performances, but also the variations in the setlists and the overall thrilling atmosphere.

Date: November 10, 2021 16:00

At both LA shows as well.. these videos are really great smileys with beer.

In the battle of best new stadiums, the less expensive Allegiant in Vegas wins this one fairly easily.
Better sound, better logistics and much better atmosphere.

Good on Allegiant, a very good low cost airline for those unfamiliar.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home