Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Los Angeles #2 show live updates - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 22:23

You are welcome..I like doing it IF I am on the rail to lean.. ha

Re: Los Angeles #2 show live updates - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: October 18, 2021 22:26

dnewton99
You are welcome..I like doing it IF I am on the rail to lean.. ha
Love your videos!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2021 22:34

Hairball
Los Angeles x2 nights + Lucky Dips x2 =

Let's Spend The Night Together
19th Nervous Breakdown x2
Rocks Off
Get Off Of My Cloud
Tumbling Dice x2
Ruby Tuesday
You Can't Always Get What You Want x2
Living In A Ghost Town x2
Start Me Up x2
Honky Tonk Women x2
Connection x 2
Slipping Away
Miss You x2
Midnight Rambler x2
Paint It Black x2
Sympathy For The Devil x2
Jumping Jack Flash x2
Gimme Shelter x2
Satisfaction x2
Street Fighting Man
All Down The Line
Beast Of Burden
Wild Horses
Before They Make Me Run

-------------------------------------------

All within an hours drive from home, and didn't have to spend an arm and a leg, or spend time on traveling arrangements - the airports, the planes, the trains, and the hotels, etc.
Not too shabby of a Stones adventure if I do say so myself, and am grateful and thankful I decided to go to both...they made it so easy for me how could I not.
Los Angeles, So Fi Stadium - October 14th and 17th, 2021....Thank You Rolling Stones. thumbs up

Keep on rolling..............

you did indeed do well...congrats!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-19 03:08 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 18, 2021 22:35

Looks a great night for all.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 18, 2021 22:44

Hairball
maumau
dnewton99
my vid of Beast.. Close PIT but obstructed a bit [youtu.be]

your videos are a treasure, thanks

Yes, thanks dnewton99...thumbs up

I must have been right next to you or very close - maybe a bit behind you - I was Pit 1 back rail, next to the catwalk.
Looking forward to seeing a video of Gimme Shelter - Sasha stopped right at that spot of the catwalk for her stunning vocal solo - thrilling....

here you go

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 18, 2021 23:09

Gimme Shelter! Nice intro - arrangement! At last this band use the dynamics that these songs are made for! PIB, 19th and so on...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 18, 2021 23:43

kv2915
Did everyone gets PITS with LDs? There were only about 5 people in line at 5pm. I went back at 615 to get my dips and there wasn’t one person in line. I got PIT 1 and was thrilled.

Around 530 and got pit 2. Hung around and finally sold my spare to some dude.

Los Angeles #2 - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 18, 2021 23:49

Rolling Stones Play ‘Wild Horses,’ ‘All Down The Line’ During Raucous L.A. Show

By Daniel Kohn | October 18, 2021

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

There’s a line in Almost Famous where Stillwater’s manager (played by Jimmy Fallon) proclaimed: “If you think Mick Jagger will still be out there trying to be a rock star at age 50, then you are sadly, sadly mistaken.”

I couldn’t help thinking about how unbelievably wrong that character’s prediction was last night, watching the three septuagenarians take the stage on the second of two shows in Los Angeles’ $5.5 billion SoFi Stadium just weeks after the devastating loss of drummer Charlie Watts. But them British Bad Boys carried on, with Steve Jordan filling in on drums.

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Noting that this was the band’s 49th appearance in Los Angeles, Jagger can still move and groove across the stage even as he approaches his 80s. The same goes for how Richards and Ronnie Wood still have the energy to do this as frequently as they do — even with a buffer of nearly a week between shows. Nonetheless, you try getting up and putting on a stadium show for 70,000 people at the age they are and tell me how it feels.

Unlike Thursday’s show, where Jagger hit back at Paul McCartney’s dig that the Stones were just a blues cover band or having to explain why “Brown Sugar” is likely retired, the only fireworks came when a 12-string guitar went missing before “Wild Horses” in a Spinal Tap-esque moment that left the band befuddled (Jagger quipped that there were 75 guitars onstage but they couldn’t find the one they wanted, but hey, you can’t always get what you want, right?)

At this point in their storied band-span, the Stones remain one of the last links from rock’s nascent days. That’s why you saw families (from grandparents to grandkids) rocking to songs that remain timeless even if they capture an era that you’d need Doc Brown’s DeLorean to experience.

Over 30 years since their last “hit,” (I’m being generous by calling “Mixed Emotions,” a great track that has seemingly has vanished from the setlist outside of a spot here and there, a hit), the Rolling Stones keep on choogling along, revving up nostalgia for the Boomer bunch every time they hit the road. Despite the setlist having barely moved (outside of their 2016 Desert Trip appearance) and only one song (“Living in a Ghost Town”) on it that has been released since George H.W. Bush was president, the Stones continue to prove why they were the world’s greatest rock n roll band.

[www.spin.com]

Date: October 19, 2021 00:22

Kevin Mazur

Kevin Mazur

[www.instagram.com]

Date: October 19, 2021 00:24

Kevin Mazur

Kevin Mazur

[www.instagram.com]

Date: October 19, 2021 00:27

Kevin Mazur

Kevin Mazur

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 19, 2021 00:54

I had an interesting experience at the entrance of the show last night. There were two female fans in front of me. May be mother, daughter, I think so. They could have been in their 60's and 80's, may be older, I am not sure. Anyway, they both had too slightly too large purses. The very hard working security guy with the "max purse size template" measured the old lady's purse, she was may be 20+ older than me. It was a bit too large. Should they go to the deposit and store the purses there? It would have taken an hour.

Then what happens next was security at best. One of the three persons at the gate said "COME THROUGH". No worries. Keep your purses. May be somebody would send an old lady to take down the SoFi, but the purse wasn't that lagre. Some times common sense is more important than rules.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: October 19, 2021 01:12

“Before They Make Me Run” from SoFi Sunday:

[youtu.be]

Re: Los Angeles #2 - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 19, 2021 01:12

bye bye johnny
Rolling Stones Play ‘Wild Horses,’ ‘All Down The Line’ During Raucous L.A. Show

By Daniel Kohn | October 18, 2021

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

There’s a line in Almost Famous where Stillwater’s manager (played by Jimmy Fallon) proclaimed: “If you think Mick Jagger will still be out there trying to be a rock star at age 50, then you are sadly, sadly mistaken.”

I couldn’t help thinking about how unbelievably wrong that character’s prediction was last night, watching the three septuagenarians take the stage on the second of two shows in Los Angeles’ $5.5 billion SoFi Stadium just weeks after the devastating loss of drummer Charlie Watts. But them British Bad Boys carried on, with Steve Jordan filling in on drums.

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Noting that this was the band’s 49th appearance in Los Angeles, Jagger can still move and groove across the stage even as he approaches his 80s. The same goes for how Richards and Ronnie Wood still have the energy to do this as frequently as they do — even with a buffer of nearly a week between shows. Nonetheless, you try getting up and putting on a stadium show for 70,000 people at the age they are and tell me how it feels.

Unlike Thursday’s show, where Jagger hit back at Paul McCartney’s dig that the Stones were just a blues cover band or having to explain why “Brown Sugar” is likely retired, the only fireworks came when a 12-string guitar went missing before “Wild Horses” in a Spinal Tap-esque moment that left the band befuddled (Jagger quipped that there were 75 guitars onstage but they couldn’t find the one they wanted, but hey, you can’t always get what you want, right?)

At this point in their storied band-span, the Stones remain one of the last links from rock’s nascent days. That’s why you saw families (from grandparents to grandkids) rocking to songs that remain timeless even if they capture an era that you’d need Doc Brown’s DeLorean to experience.

Over 30 years since their last “hit,” (I’m being generous by calling “Mixed Emotions,” a great track that has seemingly has vanished from the setlist outside of a spot here and there, a hit), the Rolling Stones keep on choogling along, revving up nostalgia for the Boomer bunch every time they hit the road. Despite the setlist having barely moved (outside of their 2016 Desert Trip appearance) and only one song (“Living in a Ghost Town”) on it that has been released since George H.W. Bush was president, the Stones continue to prove why they were the world’s greatest rock n roll band.

[www.spin.com]

Maybe they're the ONLY rock and roll band left. Maybe they're the World's Greatest Cover Band, of Rolling Stones songs.

Posted by: SaintPaul ()
Date: October 19, 2021 01:53

Beautiful show… Stones heaven! A killer set list and some great random memories. No Pit, LDs, or even floor… But it’s the Stones and the music that matter. And last night was a very good show. Funny memories - Mick announcing that they were going to play Satanic Majesty’s, Keef not able to find an acoustic for Wild Horses… and giving us an electric version, Bernard and Mick out front for some fun on Beast. It was a noticeably better mix, and Steve wasn’t as loud as on Thursday - so it felt really cohesive.
No complaints, only kudos for a fantastic show!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: October 19, 2021 02:22

Green Lady
I really don't miss Trouble's A Coming at all - would much rather have that slot available for some surprises.
I really really like the song - but the Rolling Stones have so many of their original classic songs - is there really room for obscure covers?

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: October 19, 2021 03:32

Did anyone else love The Glorious Sons? I am going to check more of their stuff out.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: October 19, 2021 03:59

kv2915
Did anyone else love The Glorious Sons? I am going to check more of their stuff out.[/quote

Yes awesome..lots of rock hits in Canada

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 19, 2021 06:36

On Thursday’s show, Mick and Keith had what I believe was a spontaneous moment of camaraderie that happened right in front of me as I was filming Keith during Satisfaction. I believe it wasn’t planned because they did nothing similar on Sunday night. I posted in the Thursday thread, but am posting it here too so you all can enjoy it. Not sure why I stopped filming when I did, but I did capture a special interaction between these old friends and band mates.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 19, 2021 07:14

Another great show. The only negative would be with the acoustics of the SoFi stadium - especially the echo - which was far more noticeable with the opening band.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: October 19, 2021 07:38

JadedFaded
On Thursday’s show, Mick and Keith had what I believe was a spontaneous moment of camaraderie that happened right in front of me as I was filming Keith during Satisfaction. I believe it wasn’t planned because they did nothing similar on Sunday night. I posted in the Thursday thread, but am posting it here too so you all can enjoy it. Not sure why I stopped filming when I did, but I did capture a special interaction between these old friends and band mates.

[youtu.be]
Very special... that's what you call being at the right place at the right time! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 19, 2021 07:50

tommyturbo76
Mick was commenting on the new stadium and asked the crowd "how does the new stadium sound?" Personally, explicitly for sound, I think open-air places (like the Rose Bowl) are far better with much less ambient noise and echo..

I was right by the soundboard (same seats)and thought LA1 sounded bad and LA2 sounded fair. Compared to Levi Stadium or both Metlife Stadium shows last tour the sound was a disappointment. Considering I was sitting in the same row as the sound engineer that was a surprise. The performance for LA2 was exceptional IMHO. Listening to both shows on the ride home made the drive go fast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-19 07:54 by daspyknows.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 19, 2021 08:01

dnewton99 i have a question why don't you film the whole show when you do these videos is it because it's difficult to hold the camera up for so long or do you prefer not record a few songs so that you can fully be there in the moment and enjoy it without the camera being in the way

probably a dumb question but i've been wondering about it to a while

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 19, 2021 08:10

daspyknows
tommyturbo76
Mick was commenting on the new stadium and asked the crowd "how does the new stadium sound?" Personally, explicitly for sound, I think open-air places (like the Rose Bowl) are far better with much less ambient noise and echo..

I was right by the soundboard (same seats)and thought LA1 sounded bad and LA2 sounded fair. Compared to Levi Stadium or both Metlife Stadium shows last tour the sound was a disappointment. Considering I was sitting in the same row as the sound engineer that was a surprise. The performance for LA2 was exceptional IMHO. Listening to both shows on the ride home made the drive go fast.

dapsy did you tape both or either show and if so do you plan on sharing i understand your reasons if not but would love to hear your recordings if you could somehow get them to me i promise not to tinker with them or share them if those are your wishes

Posted by: jjflash30 ()
Date: October 19, 2021 11:37

In case anyone is interested, link to playlist of 10 videos i shot at LA concert Sunday night.
Starts with Charlie Watts tribute followed by 9 full song videos, including Satisfaction finale

Includes Keith kissing Mick on the cheek just before Wild Horses kicks off as Mick reminisces about when Mick and Keith met on Dartford train platform EXACTLY 60 years ago from concert date, a moment of great importance in the formation of the Stones...

Shot from first row Section 331, third level opposite the stage. Been much, much closer to the stage at many other shows but i kind of liked this vantage point last night. Among other things, enabled much different type of videos than many of other posts on my YT channel since have all big screens visible behind the band in the videos.
Enjoy!

P.S. i can't figure out how to embed the video in this post - so just the unappealing link... but if you are interested in this concert, i encourage you to click the link... you'll get a good feel for the energy and passion and excitement at the concert... :-)

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-19 12:01 by jjflash30.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 19, 2021 13:16

Thank you for all the clips. It's been such a joy to follow this special tour. And the band just gets better show by show... Jordan does an excellent job and he seemingly gives them an extra adrenaline. Darryl seem to be more relaxed and matching with Jordan perfectly. Keith's been focused and played with his minimalistic 'no bullshitting' attitude as only he can and shown such a leadership I haven't heard from him for a long time. Ronnie started a bit shakey, but has now got his energy back we have known from the previous tours. And Mick is Mick.

Plus the way they honour Charlie's memory is done with such a classy style that I couldn't have thought being impossible. One can only imagine how many obstacles - both mentally and physically - they had to win to get there.

I haven't been too enhusiastic about the recent live releases, but this time I really hope that they will do an official document of the tour in some form (hopely a full concert). Would love to hear how the band properly sounds like in its full recent glory.

Anything can happen, as we drastically know, but I am pretty sure that we haven't seen all from them yet...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-19 13:18 by Doxa.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 19, 2021 17:06

From Pit 2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-19 17:07 by MingSubu.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 19, 2021 17:43

What a brilliant performance!
And at 3:06 a biblical "GET DOWN"!!!

[youtu.be]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 19, 2021 17:46

ProfessorWolf
daspyknows
tommyturbo76

dapsy did you tape both or either show and if so do you plan on sharing i understand your reasons if not but would love to hear your recordings if you could somehow get them to me i promise not to tinker with them or share them if those are your wishes

Msg me your email.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 19, 2021 18:28

KRiffhard
What a brilliant performance!
And at 3:06 a biblical "GET DOWN"!!!

[youtu.be]

Fantastic, thx for pointing out the Get Down.. Man, every show has been great in a different way and yet in the same way that their energy is rock n roll!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-19 18:32 by snoopy2.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1159
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home