Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Los Angeles #2 show live updates - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 18, 2021 15:20

There are plenty of more flattering pics of Keith recently that resemble the Black And Blue cover..winking smiley

Noticed Keith grinning and ecstatic on this tour , also resembling that younger Keith From the 60s.

Keith really does seem happy in his skin recently, same can be said for Mick, it's just lovely to see.

Re: Los Angeles #2 show live updates - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 18, 2021 15:51

Yes, just great, great energy in this band now! It´s a joy to follow the tour on youtube. Mick can relax now... smiling smiley

Date: October 18, 2021 15:53

yeababyyea
Very loud and noisy All Down The Line, but I think it's pretty good in it's own way:

This is like turning the clock back 40 years to 1981, this is kick Ass Rocking pretty good, I'm running out of superlatives to express my joy, how are they doing this at 78 years of age, how is that amount of sustained energy even possible.

The band are not so much on fire here, more like burning the Stadium down like fire breathing Dragons.

PS.
This should be the warhorse to replace the other warhorse for the rest of the tour.

Thanks for the link yeababyyea

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 16:23

Speed and energy from the band is impressive, but I can't say surprisingly because it's the Stones. Glad everyone is having a great tour!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 18, 2021 16:43

yeababyyea
Very loud and noisy All Down The Line, but I think it's pretty good in it's own way:

Steve Jordan is excellent on this and so is everyone else.

Date: October 18, 2021 17:54

This was the perfect show, as near perfect as you can get, sorry Doxa, Hairball, Treacle, MisterDDDD, I've been a bit negative, Mick is just amazing, an inspiration, think I've finally grown up.

EDIT..
Especially Doxa because i realised he loves Mick with such a passion that it reminds me of my love for Keith, who wants some jerk putting down a god like being like Mick and Vice Versa you on Keith.

Watching Mick from last night has made me so high, its what made me love this band in the first place. God bless the Stones and God bless all you fans.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-19 00:48 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: October 18, 2021 18:02

Beast of Burden is really really great.
They really look to enjoy playing and can't stop smiling.
Thanks boys !

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 18, 2021 18:15

What a night!

Thought they couldn’t top Thursday, and not saying they did, but they were both equally fantastic!

Man, I love this band!!
Pulled lower bowl seats and that was exactly what my messed up back needed.
Scooted up to empty front row seats.. and was able to really enjoy it. Plenty of room to get up and dance as needed which turned out to be most of the show smileys with beer

One more for me.. so grateful to have gotten these two LA shows.
Magical.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2021 18:32

Rocktiludrop
This was the perfect show, as near perfect as you can get, sorry Doxa, Treacle, Hairball, Mr DDDD, i have been so negative, a complete Dick, Mick is just amazing, an inspiration, think I've finally grown up.

EDIT..
Especially Doxa because i realised he loves Mick with such a passion that it reminds me of my love for Keith, who wants some jerk putting down a god like human being like Mick.

Watching Mick from last night has made me so high, its what made me love this band in the first place, I'm still being a Dick for taking your attention, God bless the Stones and God bless all you fans X

Glad you liked the show!

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: October 18, 2021 18:41

Thank everyone again for the links! Great show, Great tour so far. Oh, if they do it next year in Europe, I`ll manage somehow to be there!
Love the band`s playing, Mick`s singing and especially his dancing and talking!)

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: October 18, 2021 18:43

Another absolute blinder of a show. The setlist for Thursday ever so slightly edges it for me, but last night will go down as another classic Stones show. Ridiculous how great they sound.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 18, 2021 18:56

I mean, Beast of Burden??!!

Hope they do it again...and again...and more.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: October 18, 2021 19:02

treaclefingers
Rocktiludrop
This was the perfect show, as near perfect as you can get, sorry Doxa, Treacle, Hairball, Mr DDDD, i have been so negative, a complete Dick, Mick is just amazing, an inspiration, think I've finally grown up.

EDIT..
Especially Doxa because i realised he loves Mick with such a passion that it reminds me of my love for Keith, who wants some jerk putting down a god like human being like Mick.

Watching Mick from last night has made me so high, its what made me love this band in the first place, I'm still being a Dick for taking your attention, God bless the Stones and God bless all you fans X

Glad you liked the show!

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-19 00:40 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: October 18, 2021 19:03

angee
I mean, Beast of Burden??!!

Hope they do it again...and again...and more.

One of the most elevated performances of Beast that I've ever heard. Languid, emotional, sublime. The entire band completely locked in. Magic.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 20:01

Made it to Los Angeles Oct 17th and videos going up here. Good view for me at the concert but not as good for video since some views obstructed. Also lots of bumping in the PIT.. dancin' folks behind me.

[www.youtube.com]

Mick was super energetic and crowd as loud and fun..

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 18, 2021 20:04

the mess with the guitar turned into a great moment, and a good, keith driven, wild horses

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-18 20:50 by maumau.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 20:05

Just checked out some of the vids.. they continue to sound fantastic

Date: October 18, 2021 20:12

Yes. Mick's voice seems to sound very smooth.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 18, 2021 20:33

Witness
floodonthepage
YES YES YES!
LA #2 destroys LA #1!!!!!!!!

Only reading: Instead of one setlist "destroying" the other, for me I rather like the variation as such that there is in the setlists. That variation must have increased the pleasure further for those that have gone to both concerts. It certainly would have done so for me.

No doubt, but I for one would have been bummed if I went to the first show and missed night #2. Too much pre-68 in the first show for my personal taste.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 20:34

my vid of Beast.. Close PIT but obstructed a bit [youtu.be]

Date: October 18, 2021 20:42

dnewton99

Thank you for all these videos!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 18, 2021 20:51

dnewton99

your videos are a treasure, thanks

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 18, 2021 21:10

Los Angeles x2 nights + Lucky Dips x2 =

Let's Spend The Night Together
19th Nervous Breakdown x2
Rocks Off
Get Off Of My Cloud
Tumbling Dice x2
Ruby Tuesday
You Can't Always Get What You Want x2
Living In A Ghost Town x2
Start Me Up x2
Honky Tonk Women x2
Connection x 2
Slipping Away
Miss You x2
Midnight Rambler x2
Paint It Black x2
Sympathy For The Devil x2
Jumping Jack Flash x2
Gimme Shelter x2
Satisfaction x2
Street Fighting Man
All Down The Line
Beast Of Burden
Wild Horses
Before They Make Me Run

-------------------------------------------

All within an hours drive from home, and didn't have to spend an arm and a leg, or spend time on traveling arrangements - the airports, the planes, the trains, and the hotels, etc.
Not too shabby of a Stones adventure if I do say so myself, and am grateful and thankful I decided to go to both...they made it so easy for me how could I not.
Los Angeles, So Fi Stadium - October 14th and 17th, 2021....Thank You Rolling Stones. thumbs up

Keep on rolling..............

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 21:11

Mick was commenting on the new stadium and asked the crowd "how does the new stadium sound?" Personally, explicitly for sound, I think open-air places (like the Rose Bowl) are far better with much less ambient noise and echo..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-18 21:13 by tommyturbo76.

Date: October 18, 2021 21:15

They sound so good…

Just listened to sfm from yesterday and from zurich 2017. These are different bands. I think the one from yesterday is one minute faster.

Pace was the only thing lacking in recent years, love this band

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 18, 2021 21:15

Thanks to all who shared the Beast of Burden take. An unique moment I guess. Great version!

Date: October 18, 2021 21:16

maumau
dnewton99

your videos are a treasure, thanks

Yes, thanks dnewton99...thumbs up

I must have been right next to you or very close - maybe a bit behind you - I was Pit 1 back rail, next to the catwalk.
Looking forward to seeing a video of Gimme Shelter - Sasha stopped right at that spot of the catwalk for her stunning vocal solo - thrilling....

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 21:37

Did everyone gets PITS with LDs? There were only about 5 people in line at 5pm. I went back at 615 to get my dips and there wasn’t one person in line. I got PIT 1 and was thrilled.

Date: October 18, 2021 21:47

A friend of mine was given Pit 2 with Lucky Dips, we were given Pit 1, while another friend told me his friend was given 134 side view.
We were about six people back from window when it opened at 5:30, but by then there was quite a lengthy line behind us.
Saw some people walking away from window with a shrug, while others had an ecstatic look on their face...totally random and luck of the draw.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 18, 2021 22:04

Great show last night. Got 5 songs we didn’t get on Thursday, so that was a treat. Was in the pit Thursday and in section C223 last night. No echo up there, sounded a bit better than in the pit. Enjoyed the concert, but really missed being up close. Went with my cousin who is short and 75, so that’s why no pit for us. It was her first Stones concert. She had tried to go to Altamont, but the traffic jam was too horrendous and they gave up, so 50+ years later, she finally got to see them. She was very impressed with how tight the band played and, of course, Mick’s incredible energy and stamina. I didn’t see any posts about Mick’s joke about playing all of Satanic Majesties. I thought that was funny.

Looking forward to the pit in Vegas. That will be my #60. God bless The Rolling Stones!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home