Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: Los Angeles #2 show live updates - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 18, 2021 08:38

Re: Los Angeles #2 show live updates - Sunday 17-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: October 18, 2021 08:38

bitusa2012
waterrats
Glam Descendant
So they dropped "Troubles a'Comin"? Too bad.

Looks like we get a 19 song list tonight.

When didn’t we this tour? Apart from the party?

LA #1 ...

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 18, 2021 08:41

Doc
what was Keefs second song ?
B4

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 08:42

waterrats
bitusa2012
waterrats
Glam Descendant
So they dropped "Troubles a'Comin"? Too bad.

Looks like we get a 19 song list tonight.[/c quote]

When didn’t we this tour? Apart from the party?

LA #1 ...

This show?

The set list

1. Let's Spend The Night Together
2. 19th Nervous Breakdown
3. Rocks Off
4. Get Off Of My Cloud
5. Tumbling Dice
6. Ruby Tuesday (vote song)
7. You Can't Always Get What You Want
8. Living In A Ghost Town
9. Start Me Up
10.Honky Tonk Women
--- Band introductions
11.Connection (Keith)
12.Slipping Away (Keith)
13.Miss You
14.Midnight Rambler
15.Paint It Black
16.Sympathy For The Devil
17.Jumping Jack Flash
--- Band off stage
18.Gimme Shelter
19.Satisfaction

Rod

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 18, 2021 08:45

Good Morning from Germany. Wow. Beast of Burden sounded wonderful.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 18, 2021 08:45

No. we did get a 19-song setlist for LA#1. I miscounted and thought it was 18 for a while.

Date: October 18, 2021 08:47

What is going on with the intro to Shelter? Seems to have been rewritten a bit.

Posted by: MRROLLING ()
Date: October 18, 2021 08:48

Great Show with Beast of Burden.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 18, 2021 08:50

Great live feed
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 18, 2021 08:51

DJ doesn't have the best spot but it's still impressive to be there with him...and enjoy his yapping neighbor ;-) I'll never understand that, being at a show and realizing you have something super important to say all of a sudden!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 18, 2021 08:56

Hadn't noticed these two mini ramps on the sides, since when have they had that?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 18, 2021 08:59

bitusa2012

This show?

The set list

3. Rocks Off
4. Get Off Of My Cloud
5. Tumbling Dice
9. Start Me Up
10.Honky Tonk Women
--- Band introductions
11.Connection (Keith)
12.Slipping Away (Keith)
13.Miss You
14.Midnight Rambler
15.Paint It Black
17.Jumping Jack Flash
--- Band off stage
18.Gimme Shelter
19.Satisfaction

Yup, sorry, got that wrong. Was puzzled about SFM not opening the show...

Almost 8Am here, gotte go to work!
Great morning with the Stones again!

Date: October 18, 2021 09:00

In general, people who are really close up have problems with on-and-off connections: the further away, the more reliable.

I know most people have been watching the excellent YouTube feed, but the various FB videos from Randy Danner are worth a look later: he has a good close up view

[www.facebook.com]

Date: October 18, 2021 09:02

- and the Stones disappear in a cloud of smoke and a great explosion.

Date: October 18, 2021 09:06

waterrats
bitusa2012

This show?

The set list

3. Rocks Off
4. Get Off Of My Cloud
5. Tumbling Dice
9. Start Me Up
10.Honky Tonk Women
--- Band introductions
11.Connection (Keith)
12.Slipping Away (Keith)
13.Miss You
14.Midnight Rambler
15.Paint It Black
17.Jumping Jack Flash
--- Band off stage
18.Gimme Shelter
19.Satisfaction

Yup, sorry, got that wrong. Was puzzled about SFM not opening the show...

Almost 8Am here, gotte go to work!
Great morning with the Stones again!

Never mind, back to 6-hour difference next time... Thanks for the pictures.

Date: October 18, 2021 09:08

DJ showing the aftermath now, making his way to merchandising I think, he turned off the audio.

--------------

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 18, 2021 09:20

gotdablouse
DJ showing the aftermath now, making his way to merchandising I think, he turned off the audio.
thumbs up

Date: October 18, 2021 09:21

Pretty pink sunrise here in West London.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 18, 2021 09:21

Great setlist and great show tonight! smileys with beer

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 18, 2021 09:23

Green Lady
"We can't find the 12-string..."

It's a Spinal Tap moment!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 18, 2021 09:35

People,

Exactly a week ago I was in the operating room getting a hip replacement.

Flash forward to this morning, I'm lounging on my couch, having my coffee and following the show on the live YouTube feed. Just like that!

This is the first time I've seen a complete show through live streams.

They say music has healing powers, and that's the truth, Ruth.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 18, 2021 09:37

gotdablouse
Hadn't noticed these two mini ramps on the sides, since when have they had that?

Since "forever", but they are rarely used.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-18 09:38 by Topi.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: October 18, 2021 09:48

Just got back to our hotel. I've been to about 30 Rolling Stones shows. This one was right at the top. L.A. Sunday Night. Wow.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 18, 2021 10:23

floodonthepage
YES YES YES!
LA #2 destroys LA #1!!!!!!!!

Only reading: Instead of one setlist "destroying" the other, for me I rather like the variation as such that there is in the setlists. That variation must have increased the pleasure further for those that have gone to both concerts. It certainly would have done so for me.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: October 18, 2021 10:24

Finally Beast of Burden with some tempo. Sounds great!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 18, 2021 11:01

Wowza...good times....floated home on cloud nine 60 miles north of L.A. on the freeway in the fast lane...at 80 MPH...lol...like a magic carpet ride...1:00 AM here now...yowza...so much fun...thumbs up

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 18, 2021 11:10

Hairball
Wowza...good times....floated home on cloud nine 60 miles north of L.A. on the freeway in the fast lane...at 80 MPH...lol...like a magic carpet ride...1:00 AM here now...yowza...so much fun...thumbs up

Welcome home, Hairball! Another great experience! Honestly, I (10 am) are still lazy in bed just finished my late breakfast and reading all you guys experience of the concert. Fun, fun, fun.
Try to have a good sleep after the adrenaline has slowed down!

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 18, 2021 11:14

Hairball

Great times, glad you got the pit. I enjoyed that a lot.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: October 18, 2021 11:22

I need to give huge thanks to the two Argentinian fans who directed me to the bus after the show. It turns out they were also staying at my hotel, so I took them on an Uber when our bus transfer didn't work out.

On the bus, there were two other Argentinian fans as well. Argentinians are the best Stones fans, I'm convinced.

A great show, which will probably be my last. Heard the two songs that I was dying to hear ("Beast of Burden" and "Wild Horses"). And I also hooked up with a beautiful guy and barely avoided getting kicked out of the show when I tried sneaking him into my row.

In other words, it was perfect, and for me at least, it was farewell to the Stones after about 15 shows over the years. I'm a casual fan compared to most here, but tonight was enough for me---the perfect experience. I'm done---thanks to all tonight.

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: October 18, 2021 11:23

Wow wow wow. Haven’t posted in this forum in years, but felt the need to share and express my joy with you guys in the forum. This was only my second show; rallied to shell out on the tickets after thinking about Charlie’s passing and the need to mourn his passing collectively with fellow Stones fans.

It’s just crazy how good they still are at this age. Beast of Burden was amazing; the weave between Ronnie and Keith was in full swing. Ronnie really does so much for this band and deserves all the love he gets from the fans.

Since I spent a good chunk of the pandemic listening to the X-Pensive Winos live in Hollywood, getting to hear Keith play Connection with Steve Jordan was a real treat. Never thought that was something I’d get to see in my lifetime.

Miss You was funkier than ever. Many of the war horses, which I don’t listen to as much as deeper Stones cuts anymore, were a revelation to hear live (HTW, YCAGWYW) — hearing the entire stadium join for the choruses gave me chills.

Gimme Shelter was the cherry on top for me. Great crowd too, and props to the Argentinians for turning our section in rear GA into a mosh pit.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home