Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ticket buying advice please
Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: October 16, 2021 21:33

Hi Team Stones--I am going with my family to the show in Atlanta and can't decide between 28th row, first section from the stage in the lower bowl or 26th row on the floor. Obviously the floor is much closer to the stage/Stones. The dilemma is that my kids(grown) and wife (also grown lol) are in the 5 foot tall range and I am worried that on the floor they won't be able to see and will have to watch the screens the entire show. When I go solo, which I usually do, I am in the pit so I need assistance here please. Thanks in advance.

Re: ticket buying advice please
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 16, 2021 21:50

Tough call, but I’d go with the floor.

26th row is far enough back to really get a great view of the whole stage and the spacing between rows is such that they should be able to see over others heads fairly easily (don’t know for certain tho)..

I was twelve rows back in St Louis and was quite impressed with the room between rows…
Made it easier to spread out a bit.

Date: October 16, 2021 21:57

Thanks MisterDDD--really appreciate fans helping fans!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 16, 2021 22:18

I always prefer close lower level to floor and I am 5'10-ish. Too many drunks, too many overexcited people and there are always more people in the row than seats.

Date: October 16, 2021 22:20

Thanks Dan--excellent point.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 17, 2021 00:00

Go with the lower bowl. The floor is overrated in a stadium setting. Too many people I had a guy the size of a football standing in front of me in Jacksonville a couple years ago. Floor seats 20th row. It was so bad he covered my sight of the stage and most of the screens. As a vet of over 50 Stones concerts go with the lower bowl starting with 5 rows from the bottom on up.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 17, 2021 00:01

Speaking as a very short female I'd always raher be above floor level if possible. It's no help being close up if there's a row of taller people right in front of you (and if you're 5 foot nothing, there usually is).

Date: October 17, 2021 00:09

Thanks everybody!

Date: October 17, 2021 00:15

Always go with the floor. Being on the floor makes you feel like a part of the show instead of just a spectator.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: October 17, 2021 00:19

Lower bowl if you are small. Being above the row in front of you is crucial.
T@3

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:42

Your kids won't be able to see crap if they are on the floor

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:57

I was in the 23rd row on the floor once and had a tall, large guy standing in front of me, and he had the biggest widest head I’ve ever seen. I could see NOTHING standing behind him. I am 5’5”. The only saving grace was he was drinking a ton of beer and left for the restroom often.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:57

i think the large screens help but i agree the floor can become packed
i like it so far..i guess im going agree if i was taking the family

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 17, 2021 02:11

A friend and I were at a Roger Waters show during the Wall tour at Staples Center, and had perfectly nice floor seats back by the soundboard.
I let him pick which ticket he wanted, and sure enough right when we settled in a tall basketball player with a huge afro stood right in front of him lol.
We're both apprx. 6'2" so usually not an issue, but when you have a gargantuan 7ft basketball player with an extra foot of hair in front of you, well...my friend was a bit frustrated.

Anyhow, I'd probably opt for the side/lower bowl seats, but it would seem those extreme side views could be just as frustrating as if someone is standing right in front of you on the floor...tough choice...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 17, 2021 08:51

Sound is better on the floor (except at Sofi Stadium which sounded like sh!t) but if you plan on sitting you won't see much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home