Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Hollywood FL USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 15, 2021 17:35

kkhoranstoned
Ok good morning ..so I did it
I now have a ticket
I did it...3 times in one tour a first...$$$$ poof done

Did you buy a pit or what? Or something for 500 or under as you wanted?
Congrats on the ticket.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: November 15, 2021 20:29

The back and it was under 900$$
I did see all the 580 or 640 but fees
Put right back to where I purchased
I'm hoping for a night of unbelievable music...setlist...I can hope
This could be it....Europe well never say never

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 15, 2021 21:09

Kkhoran—nice job mate! I’ll be there as well. I expect a pretty normal setlist and think this is just a normal show for the boys, just a smaller venue that they got paid to do. Plus it’s only 2 days break after the Austin show so I wouldn’t expect a lot of surprises. But it will likely be the last show in the USA for awhile I would guess.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 15, 2021 21:35

You could be right keefmick regarding a standard show with a normal setlist, but surely it will be eventful given it's the last on the itinerary.
At a capacity of 7,000, much smaller than any football stadium, but not quite theater small...in fact its similar in size to the Glasgow SECC arena which had a capacity of apprx. 8,200.
I was fortunate to see the two Stones shows there in 2003, but other than the unique smallish venue that set it apart, the setlists were similar to all arena setlists of the Licks tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-15 21:37 by Hairball.

Date: November 15, 2021 21:39

It will be interesting to see them with a greatly reduced stage size and I would guess no catwalk. Much less moving around for Mick to do which may keep him fresher during the show.

I have been in the pit the last few shows and I could swear Mick mutters "bloody hell" or "fing hell" under his breath after a few of the songs b/c he was so tired.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: November 15, 2021 21:54

keefmick

I have been in the pit the last few shows and I could swear Mick mutters "bloody hell" or "fing hell" under his breath after a few of the songs b/c he was so tired.

He did in Atlanta.

Date: November 15, 2021 22:01

keefmick
It will be interesting to see them with a greatly reduced stage size and I would guess no catwalk. Much less moving around for Mick to do which may keep him fresher during the show.

It was noticeable to some of us while watching the Vegas show online here on IORR where Mick muttered something about being in the desert while he guzzled gallons of water between songs, and Alwyn Welch who was there mentioned in his review that Mick sounded hoarse at times with Bernard covering for him throughout the show. Thankfully he bounced back in Atlanta regarding the vocal issues, but some fans mentioned he seemed to be blowing his nose and clearing his throat alot. No doubt all of his hard work is taking it's toll, but the last show in a smallish venue should provide some relief...for all of them.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: November 15, 2021 22:39

ChrisL
keefmick

He did in Atlanta.
I noticed this in Atlanta, too but I'm not sure how much of it is him actually being winded and how much is him hamming it up a bit to be dramatic grinning smiley

Posted by: bjornkasm ()
Date: November 15, 2021 22:41

I'll be there at the last concert of this tour. It has been travel restrictions so I had to cancel the Tampa travel. But now with vaccine and test just before I can go. Expensive trip though for just one concert. Hope to find a hotel nearby not to expensive. Any suggestions for a good place?

Date: November 15, 2021 23:53

I am still hoping for at least a somewhat out-of-the ordinary set list, which they often seem to play at smaller venues. Maybe this one is not small enough. We shall see.

At Radio City, capacity of 6,000+, they played Shattered, Oh No Not You Again, and Worried About You, but that was back in 2006, and at a one-off event. a fund-raiser.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: November 16, 2021 00:07

Holiday inn plantation
110$
Courtyard in plantation
LA Quinta plantation
These are north and west under 10 miles
Hope this helps

Date: November 16, 2021 00:14

Angee--I hope you are right as I am going but I highly doubt it b/c only 2 days off after Austin and it is 15 years later than that radio city show. Likely not so easy/attractive for them to change things at this stage. I expect a couple of gems but mostly the same set list. Would love to be wrong and get a bunch of different stuff but at those prices I highly doubt it.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 16, 2021 00:39

bjornkasm
I'll be there at the last concert of this tour. It has been travel restrictions so I had to cancel the Tampa travel. But now with vaccine and test just before I can go. Expensive trip though for just one concert. Hope to find a hotel nearby not to expensive. Any suggestions for a good place?

There are a bunch near the Fort Lauderdale airport. If you look on Google maps on Highway 1 between the airport and Stirling Road.

Date: November 16, 2021 01:34

Good points. Keefmick. Still show should be fun, whatever happens. l'll be happy with Beast of Burden, which they have played twice already.

I know they'll have that happy look on their faces, like, "thank god, this tour's over," disguised as yes, we think we did a good show, glad you liked it.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 16, 2021 02:25

angee
Good points. Keefmick. Still show should be fun, whatever happens. l'll be happy with Beast of Burden, which they have played twice already.

I know they'll have that happy look on their faces, like, "thank god, this tour's over," disguised as yes, we think we did a good show, glad you liked it.

Going to be a great night.. hoping for a nugget or three as well, but Happy with a standard-ish set thumbs up

Date: November 16, 2021 05:35

Soooo glad you decided to go MisterDDDD and managed to find a way in!
Okay, I can live with a normal set, hey, yeah, anything will do.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 16, 2021 06:01

keefmick
Angee--I hope you are right as I am going but I highly doubt it b/c only 2 days off after Austin and it is 15 years later than that radio city show. Likely not so easy/attractive for them to change things at this stage. I expect a couple of gems but mostly the same set list. Would love to be wrong and get a bunch of different stuff but at those prices I highly doubt it.

Reminiscent of the Joint show in Vegas, 2002 - highly overpriced and ended up being a standard setlist.
It was still fun, but most agreed the show the following night at the much larger MGM Arena was far better which it was.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 16, 2021 06:04

Hairball
keefmick

Reminiscent of the Joint show in Vegas, 2002 - highly overpriced and ended up being a standard setlist.
It was still fun, but most agreed the show the following night at the much larger MGM Arena was far better which it was.

I agree. Prefer seeing them in a smaller venue but the Joint was packed that night.

Date: November 16, 2021 06:32

I was at the MGM show, very good. This time there's no show following the small show, so you never know.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 16, 2021 06:49

Grateful to be able to hit the opener and the closer on this very special "For Charlie!" tour.
Always a goal, seldom achieved, but realizing now regardless of potential UK tour next year etc., this will likely be the last time being able to accomplish that.

Gonna soak up every second, I don't care if they only play Dirty Work in it's entirety cool smiley

Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: November 16, 2021 06:52

I’m so sick of the pit… No I’m so sick of the stadiums… Section 203 row B….I cannot wait

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 16, 2021 19:50

My budget is now $581.26 but I am not going to jump on the first thing I see at that price.

Date: November 16, 2021 23:23

MisterDDDD
Grateful to be able to hit the opener and the closer on this very special "For Charlie!" tour.
Always a goal, seldom achieved, but realizing now regardless of potential UK tour next year etc., this will likely be the last time being able to accomplish that.

Gonna soak up every second, I don't care if they only play Dirty Work in it's entirety cool smiley

Agreed, and when they announce a special bonus show on your birthday, you just can't let that opportunity pass you by winking smiley

Date: November 16, 2021 23:40

Righty-O! HB to us!

I almost saw opener and closer in 2019 with the re-shuffling of dates, but the re-schedule of Miami amidst a possible hurricane bumped me out of that.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 16, 2021 23:51

We should all put on b'day party hats, get pics with the boys in the background, have the date time-stamped on it, and tell people we got the Stones to play at our party smileys with beer

angee
Righty-O! HB to us!

I almost saw opener and closer in 2019 with the re-shuffling of dates, but the re-schedule of Miami amidst a possible hurricane bumped me out of that.

BFR
MisterDDDD

Agreed, and when they announce a special bonus show on your birthday, you just can't let that opportunity pass you by winking smiley

Date: November 16, 2021 23:56

MisterDDDD
We should all put on b'day party hats, get pics with the boys in the background, have the date time-stamped on it, and tell people we got the Stones to play at our party smileys with beer

Maybe "Happy Birthday" will be added to the setlist tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 17, 2021 05:08

Is there an opening act for this show? If not, Is showtime @ 9:30?

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: November 17, 2021 05:47

chrism13
Is there an opening act for this show? If not, Is showtime @ 9:30?

Earlier in this thread it’s mentioned that Ghost Hounds will open.

Date: November 17, 2021 06:08

BFR
MisterDDDD

Maybe "Happy Birthday" will be added to the setlist tongue sticking out smiley

For all three of us! cool smiley Who's bringing the hats?

You two are funny! I love it. grinning smiley smiling smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-17 06:10 by angee.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: November 17, 2021 07:38

Standard admission tickets starting to pop up. $1006 face. All in lower orchestra.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home