Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: Los Angeles #1 show live updates - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:10

JadedFaded
Is anybody who was at the LA concert reading this form right now? If so, I am stuck in the stadium parking lot because my car won’t start. Some massive problem with the brake system. I am waiting to get towed. I don’t live in LA and I don’t know anybody in LA so this is a bad situation for me and I’m at a little bit of a loss as to what to do. Thanks

I’m in New Zealand so I cannot help, maybe my friends will see this

Re: Los Angeles #1 show live updates - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:15

Have you taken a look at the tickets that have been released? It's not just production holds. There are thousands of tickets available for a show that was effectively sold out according to LA television a couple of days ago...

I was dreading flying down here because I thought it was going to be like the Rose Bowl 2019. I still wanna get in the PIT for face value, but if that won't happen, I'll get close enough.

Date: October 15, 2021 11:19

Weaving in the second solo on SFTD. First time? Like it!

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:24

cowboytoast
Paddy
I wish they’d drop Miss You. Miss it I wouldn’t.

I'm with you Paddy - this is my "go get a beer" or "hit the restroom" song -

It's a shame there aren't any offensive lyrics in it hahahah

Micks waving and clapping is getting so frequent that he is starting to remind me of the Redcoats at Buttlins holiday camps , audience participation time boys and girls

Miss You needs to go now or get shortened, takes up too much precious time and kills the momentum of the show.

No other complaints though, great setlist and the band are on fire.

Can we please keep ROCKS OFF in the set. Wow it's fantastic.hot smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:27

It was an AMAZING show...smiling smiley...just arrived home...1:20 AM...I'll post a bit more tomorrow.
But one thing for now - Connection was just as peculiar live in person as it was watching the livestream the other night on my laptop...might need a dozen or more rehearsals before it sounds right ha...

StonedAsiaExile
Hairball
Ok-just like the old days...I maneuvered down to floor like a stealth pilot lol- currently in row 19 seat 1 by end of catwalk...crazy fun days...:thumbs down

LOL...way to go!!

I am curious as to the sound tonight. It's been said SOFI has the best sound of any stadia in the US of A.

Oops...meant to give a thumbs up vs. thumbs down...fiddling around with new phone at the show....GOOD TIMES. thumbs upsmiling smiley
Sound was absolutely great from where I was - nice and loud and clear.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:28

cyclist
Have you taken a look at the tickets that have been released? It's not just production holds. There are thousands of tickets available for a show that was effectively sold out according to LA television a couple of days ago...

I was dreading flying down here because I thought it was going to be like the Rose Bowl 2019. I still wanna get in the PIT for face value, but if that won't happen, I'll get close enough.

Not a scalper countermeasure, not production holds - so what is it?

Is it just another of case of people always wanting what they cannot get? So you're AEG/Stones, and at first you say it's sold out and then later it's "Hey, look at all these tickets we just released!" - and they'll come running.

As far as scalpers go, this recent and sudden drop will force some of them to drop their prices or even eat the tickets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-15 11:50 by Topi.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:34

Loving Mick's pink bomber jacket - very LA! Rocks Off and Get off my cloud - good to see in list. Can't wait for the videos.

Posted by: z ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:37

Rocktiludrop
cowboytoast
Paddy

Micks waving and clapping is getting so frequent that he is starting to remind me of the Redcoats at Buttlins holiday camps , audience participation time boys and girls

Miss You needs to go now or get shortened, takes up too much precious time and kills the momentum of the show.

No other complaints though, great setlist and the band are on fire.

Can we please keep ROCKS OFF in the set. Wow it's fantastic.hot smiley

Miss You servess as a kind of s break for Keith after his set.

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:38

midimannz
JadedFaded
Is anybody who was at the LA concert reading this form right now? If so, I am stuck in the stadium parking lot because my car won’t start. Some massive problem with the brake system. I am waiting to get towed. I don’t live in LA and I don’t know anybody in LA so this is a bad situation for me and I’m at a little bit of a loss as to what to do. Thanks

I don't have a running car either, I'm sorry. Can anybody help JadedFaded? They're stuck in the parking lot!

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:40

Finally in bed… phenomenal show. What a frontman Mick is. Greatest ever. I’m also over the moon that I happened to catch one of Ronnie’s picks at the Pit. What a night.

Date: October 15, 2021 11:43

laurel
midimannz
JadedFaded

I don't have a running car either, I'm sorry. Can anybody help JadedFaded? They're stuck in the parking lot!

Wow...just reading this now...the parking situation was a mess, but I parked near an exit so it was relatively easy to escape.
Wish I would have seen this from JadedFaded...would have offered some type of help or at least some company waiting for help to arrive...now home over 60 miles away...over the hills and far away...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:51

Back in Santa Barbara from a great show. Loved the setlist, and highlights of the moment are Rocks Off, Living in a Ghost Town, and the extended end of Satisfaction was very cool.

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:54

Amazing show. Exceeded my expectations. More tomorrow. It’s late.

Date: October 15, 2021 12:04

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-15 12:26 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: October 15, 2021 12:08

StonedAsiaExile
Hairball
Ok-just like the old days...I maneuvered down to floor like a stealth pilot lol- currently in row 19 seat 1 by end of catwalk...crazy fun days...:thumbs down

LOL...way to go!!

I am curious as to the sound tonight. It's been said SOFI has the best sound of any stadia in the US of A.

I thought the sound was good for an indoor stadium but it definitely echoes off the roof a little. Also don’t get yourself near an overhang as that muffles the sound. I had a bit of trouble understanding when they were talking into the mic. And I had great seats on the side.

Date: October 15, 2021 12:10

DiegoGlimmerStones
Soundcheck

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Short Videos smileys with beer

[www.instagram.com]
By @sergioawesome200

[disk.yandex.com]

By @gedsmx [instagram.com]

[disk.yandex.com]
By @salinas70 [www.instagram.com]

[disk.yandex.com]
By @dovarecords_dj [instagram.com]

Can you confirm the Soundcheck started at 4pm?

Date: October 15, 2021 12:13

Green Lady
They soundchecked Rocks Off again.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: October 15, 2021 12:13

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 15, 2021 12:19

Gfmsoccer
Green Lady
They soundchecked Rocks Off again.

No: just going by the posted snippets.

Date: October 15, 2021 12:25

swaff
cowboytoast
not sure if anyone has posted this link yet - if not :

[www.youtube.com]

Yikes!!! That's high, but so i'm I

Yeah I quickly realized the upper deck seats are really high. Like you’re on top of a building looking down.

Date: October 15, 2021 12:30

cowboytoast
Paddy

I loved it! One of the highlights of the night. The extended version with Darryl and the sing along is magical. Everyone in my section was singing.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: October 15, 2021 12:35

Best show of the tour hands down. And I say that considering SFM was omitted and the sound was shaky at times for me (I was closer to the back of pit 2 and found Ronnie's guitar too high compared to Keith)

As for the positives..Mick was in a different universe compared to the other shows. It's like he wasn't satisfied if there was any dull moments. A few moments I've never seen before:
*Gimme Shelter near the end when its winding down he sprinted halfway out the catwalk and belched out gimme shelter YA ten times with this enthusiasm that juxtaposed the normal melancholy ending of the tune
*JJF they did a false ending in the same manner as YCAGWYW. I think Steve led this by picking the beat up and they just redid the outro
*Opening with LSTNT.. wow, really threw me off hearing the show start with piano. After 10 seconds of my defense mechanism wearing off, I found that I really like it as an opener. Although I wouldn't mind this slot alternating more with UMT or others of that style
*Rocks Off and Ruby Tuesday are my #1 and #2 favourite stones songs so that was just a personal treat
*Connection was a bit sharper on this 2nd attempt
*Bernard and Sasha came out to stage centre during the end of Sympathy. Cute gimmick vibes

I hope they don't go back to a status quo set at LA 2. If IORR/YGMR are permanently gone I will be happy the rest of the tour

Date: October 15, 2021 12:38

Gfmsoccer
swaff
cowboytoast
not sure if anyone has posted this link yet - if not :

[www.youtube.com]

Yikes!!! That's high, but so i'm I

Yeah I quickly realized the upper deck seats are really high. Like you’re on top of a building looking down.

From the floor looking all the way up to the top sections, it was hard to even tell if there were actual seats that far up...
The further up you looked, the blurrier it became...kind of in the clouds...as if the high elevation was distorting everything...

Date: October 15, 2021 12:48

Topi
cyclist

Not a scalper countermeasure, not production holds - so what is it?

Is it just another of case of people always wanting what they cannot get? So you're AEG/Stones, and at first you say it's sold out and then later it's "Hey, look at all these tickets we just released!" - and they'll come running.

As far as scalpers go, this recent and sudden drop will force some of them to drop their prices or even eat the tickets.

The resale market is not scalpers. It’s how all events are done now. The market determines the price. Sports team are starting to do this now. No set price. It’s fluid based on demand. Also every concert extra tickets are released before the show once they see what the stage set up is & sightlines. I saw about 50 fans tonight in a section that was not for sale as they determined it in fact had a good view of the stage.

Date: October 15, 2021 12:54

bengigan
Best show of the tour hands down. And I say that considering SFM was omitted and the sound was shaky at times for me (I was closer to the back of pit 2 and found Ronnie's guitar too high compared to Keith)

As for the positives..Mick was in a different universe compared to the other shows. It's like he wasn't satisfied if there was any dull moments. A few moments I've never seen before:
*Gimme Shelter near the end when its winding down he sprinted halfway out the catwalk and belched out gimme shelter YA ten times with this enthusiasm that juxtaposed the normal melancholy ending of the tune
*JJF they did a false ending in the same manner as YCAGWYW. I think Steve led this by picking the beat up and they just redid the outro
*Opening with LSTNT.. wow, really threw me off hearing the show start with piano. After 10 seconds of my defense mechanism wearing off, I found that I really like it as an opener. Although I wouldn't mind this slot alternating more with UMT or others of that style
*Rocks Off and Ruby Tuesday are my #1 and #2 favourite stones songs so that was just a personal treat
*Bernard and Sasha came out to stage centre during the end of Sympathy. Cute gimmick vibes

I hope they don't go back to a status quo set at LA 2. If IORR/YGMR are permanently gone I will be happy the rest of the tour

Yeah I noticed Ronnies solos really loud. I didn’t know if that was the soundboard guy or Ronnie doing something. It was much louder than everyone else. He was high energy tonight which was good to see.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: October 15, 2021 13:14

Y'know, MY is not my favorite Stones song but with Daryl's bass and the dual saxophone jams, I've never enjoyed it more.

Date: October 15, 2021 13:15

Gfmsoccer
cowboytoast
Paddy

I loved it! One of the highlights of the night. The extended version with Darryl and the sing along is magical. Everyone in my section was singing.

If all you want from a Stones Gig is to singalong try Karaoke, it's a lot cheaper winking smiley

Date: October 15, 2021 13:19

Gfmsoccer
bengigan

Yeah I noticed Ronnies solos really loud. I didn’t know if that was the soundboard guy or Ronnie doing something. It was much louder than everyone else. He was high energy tonight which was good to see.

Ronnie might have doubled up on his Adderall last night smoking smiley

Seriously though it was more a case of Keith's guitar too low than Ronnies too high.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-15 13:22 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 15, 2021 13:38

How was that “weaving guitar duel” out on the end stage between Keith and Ronnie at the end of Sympathy? Never seen that before. Lovely.

And the whole Rocks Off. Steve Jordan DROVE that. Wonderful.

Rod

Date: October 15, 2021 13:47

bitusa2012
How was that “weaving guitar duel” out on the end stage between Keith and Ronnie at the end of Sympathy? Never seen that before. Lovely.

And the whole Rocks Off. Steve Jordan DROVE that. Wonderful.

thumbs up

Also loved that Jordan brought back the "machine gun" drum breaks that Charlie played on the studio recording on Ruby Tuesday before the choruses.

From the videos it looks like this was the best show far on the tour.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1892
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home