Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Los Angeles #1 show live updates - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 17, 2021 14:34

Whoops

Re: Los Angeles #1 show live updates - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: October 17, 2021 14:44

UMT[/quote]

Thanks DP

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: October 17, 2021 16:41

Watching the Youtube clips - this is a PHENOMENAL show. Setlist, performances, sound, one of those nights where everything clicked. Truly special.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 17, 2021 16:47

Green Lady
I think they just dropped SFM for once to make room for Rocks Off (now there would be a good opener if they were brave enough to do it, but they don't play it often enough to be confident of it) and they will probably stick to SFM from now on.

Interesting thought Green Lady, do you reckon they are very similar? I have never thought about that. I always think the Berry-esque originals in standard tuning (IORR, Starf**ker, Rocks Off, Neighbours, She Was Hot, ONNYA) are similar to each other.

But we've often had IORR together with one of the others through the yearssmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-17 16:48 by MadMax.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 17, 2021 17:00

WorriedAboutYou
Watching the Youtube clips - this is a PHENOMENAL show. Setlist, performances, sound, one of those nights where everything clicked. Truly special.

And to think so many people were ready to write them off.

Glad they are proving the doubters wrong. (And I'm the first to admit I had my share of doubts!)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 17, 2021 17:05

Topi
WorriedAboutYou

Glad they are proving the doubters wrong. (And I'm the first to admit I had my share of doubts!)

And I’m going to be the first to admit I had no doubts winking smiley

Date: October 17, 2021 17:17

Topi
WorriedAboutYou

I did too. But straight out of the gate this show floored me. LSTNT is an inspired opener, I think my favourite intro song since Not Fade Away on the VL tour - it was as though they are paying direct homage to their past and to Charlie, but bringing it bang up to date with terrific guitars, speed and energy - it sounded like a modern garage rock song. Just wonderful.

19th Nervous Breakdown, Rocks Off, straight into Get Off Of My Cloud - are you kidding me? This has got to be the strongest opening salvo of their entire career. Everything sounded razor sharp and delivered with genuine conviction and attitude. Best they've sounded for years. The rest of the set was terrific but man, those opening four songs- genuine chills.

Date: October 17, 2021 17:28

Three songs off Between The Buttons!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 17, 2021 17:39

WorriedAboutYou
Three songs off Between The Buttons!

If you are American, yes :-)

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: October 17, 2021 18:47

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-17 18:48 by tommyturbo76.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 17, 2021 20:30

Hairball
VIP's had the option of picking up wristbands and VIP sticker prior -
I know a few friends who had VIP/wristbands picked up the day before, and then waited at the entry gate all day ready to make a beeline to the front where the indeed ended up.

I’m one of those - lol

Kirk Douglas comment at LA show..
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 17, 2021 00:00

Did anyone catch what Mick said after he mentioned that he was at the show? He mumbled something, then said "I read that wrong."

I wonder whose name he was supposed to say?

Re: Kirk Douglass comment at LA show..
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 17, 2021 00:15

It was a joke

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:12

HalfNanker
Did anyone catch what Mick said after he mentioned that he was at the show? He mumbled something, then said "I read that wrong."

Yes, his staff writes up some location jokes for him which they post on the teleprompter. They probably meant to say Michael Douglas who’s a Big fan and lives there. Father Kirk has died.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:16

Gfmsoccer
HalfNanker

Yes, his staff writes up some location jokes for him which they post on the teleprompter. They probably meant to say Michael Douglas who’s a Big fan and lives there. Father Kirk has died.

Oh I know the show is scripted down to the minutiae— I had side stage seat at MSG a few years back and could read the teleprompter. I was surprised he even had stage instruction in there: “dance to the right of state”

I was just wondering if any one deciphered what he said as he realized he faux pas.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:26

Maybe Mick was watching Spartacus
as a way to relax before the show ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:39

Let's wait our Anti-Jagger KKK club to have their say.

- Doxa

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 17, 2021 02:04

Ace In The Hole .... a fave
Wilders message way ahead of its time ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 17, 2021 05:06

"I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons." Agreed, Terry. It's a classic Wilder film.

Also, it's Douglas, not Douglass.

Re: Kirk Douglas comment at LA show..
Posted by: snorton ()
Date: October 17, 2021 20:06

Near the end of Satisfaction, Mick said softly into the mic, "thank you for everything", or something like that...never heard him say that. The band played 8 more bars of Satisfaction and the show ended with all the usual hoopla.

Date: October 18, 2021 00:53

Don't know how many times Keith has sang SA but he still sings it like he means it.

Slipping Away
[m.youtube.com]

Date: October 18, 2021 01:23

JJF.

Steve Jordan & Keith kick start an extended end, this is just great enthusiasm.

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 19, 2021 06:18

On Thursday Mick and Keith shared a special moment of camaraderie that I believe was spontaneous because they did nothing similar on Sunday night. I was lucky enough that they did this right in front of me as I was filming Keith during Satisfaction. No idea why I stopped filming when I did, but I caught enough of this special interaction between these two band mates. I will post in Sunday’s thread too in hopes more of you can enjoy it.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 21, 2021 15:03

The way they're all looking at Mick, that harping must be really bad.......... [iorr.org] ....

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home