Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Los Angeles #1 - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 16, 2021 16:45

bye bye johnny
Mick's posted the celebrity shout out clip, with some commentary - "Misread that one."

[twitter.com]

Bit weird this, why list celebrities that could have been there and Kirk Douglas who clearly can't be there, bit if a Dick move from Mick even without announcing Paul would be a guest artist.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-16 17:14 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 16, 2021 16:51

Kurt ? You're no better than Mick, it's KIRK !!!
That little dig at Macca was good fun on the other hand.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 16, 2021 17:12

gotdablouse

Sorry Kirk

Yeah agreed, Mecca is even more of a Dick than me and Mack winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-16 17:15 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 16, 2021 17:15

Rocktiludrop
bit if a Dick move from Mick even without announcing Paul would be a guest artist.

And you are the dude who claims (in this very thread a page or two ago) that Jagger underestimates the intelligence of their fans...

- Doxa

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 16, 2021 17:21

Rocktiludrop
gotdablouse

Sorry Kirk

Don’t sell yourself short RTUD..

winking smiley

The Kirk Douglas line was the one to let people know it was a joke, for those that didn’t already catch on.
Great clap back at Macca I thought.
Got your blues cover band right ere … spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 16, 2021 17:24

Doxa
Rocktiludrop
bit if a Dick move from Mick even without announcing Paul would be a guest artist.

And you are the dude who claims (in this very thread a page or two ago) that Jagger underestimates the intelligence of their fans...

- Doxa

Yes that's right, thank you for continuing to repeat what I've wrote in previous pages, you're a great help, Keep up the good work.thumbs up

Date: October 16, 2021 17:31

MisterDDDD
Rocktiludrop
gotdablouse

Sorry Kirk

Don’t sell yourself short RTUD..

winking smiley

The Kirk Douglas line was the one to let people know it was a joke, for those that didn’t already catch on.
Great clap back at Macca I thought.
Got your blues cover band right ere … spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Haha yeah great, with jokes like that Mick can always forge a career in writing and performing stand up comedy when he's done with the Stones.

Re: Los Angeles #1 show live updates - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 16, 2021 19:06

I assumed it was supposed to be Michael Douglas - Mick's old pal - and that Matt Clifford wrote it down wrong on the teleprompter, and Mick unthinkingly read it out anyway - like vacant newsreaders always do.

Re: Los Angeles #1 show live updates - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: October 16, 2021 19:07

Hairball
rustytrinket86
Dan
triceratops
Rolling Stones arrive in Burbank airport ahead of SoFi Stadium tour stop
Oct 12, 2021
Mick and Keith speak to a local Fox 11 reporter on the airport tarmac for a minute or two. A mini-press conference of sorts. Mick's in his peach colored retro- seer sucker suit. Check out Mick's sartorial splendor, Charlie would have been delighted to see.

[www.youtube.com]

Took a bit of old school media but I believe this did the trick in selling a lot of mid range tickets while the lowers were handed out as Lucky Dips. We got C114 row 15 but someone handed me a PIT wristband so I had my first ever pit experience finally!

Nice! Hope they’re around on Sunday in case my LD’s don’t work out lol.

Or...you can manuever your way around a bit...the Lucky Dip wristband got me through several barriers just by showing it to ushers who were unsure what they were...just gotta be confident and aim forward.
Was given side section VIP 112 10 rows up as LD's (not too shabby really), but then took my chances to see how far I could make it after the opening act - plenty of open seats on the floor were beckoning me.
As long as you're polite, friendly, and courteous to everyone you come across including fans, ushers, etc., all is good - worst case scenario is you have to go back...and try the next section over...smiling smiley

Thanks Hairball. I’ll likely end up doing the same. I don’t need to be at the front barricade of Pit or push my way through. I’ll be happy with anywhere on the floor or back Pit. Fingers crossed.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 16, 2021 20:14

Rocktiludrop
gotdablouse

Sorry Kirk

This coming from the same Dick who has been banned here several times previously, yet always comes back with a different username.
Why not just go by DICK as it suits you perfectly, and any confusion about past usernames can be avoided.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: October 16, 2021 20:24

Song vote for show #2 is up. Went with Worried About You this time.

Date: October 16, 2021 21:22

I saw 2 ladies with their Pit 2 wristbands on outside of the gates, before everybody else. How would they have gotten theirs before they were distributed inside the gates?

Date: October 16, 2021 21:32

VIP's had the option of picking up wristbands and VIP sticker prior -
I know a few friends who had VIP/wristbands picked up the day before, and then waited at the entry gate all day ready to make a beeline to the front where the indeed ended up.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 16, 2021 21:49

Yes, and there's VIP and then there's VIP. winking smiley

The "VIP packages" sold on TM do not include this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-16 21:50 by Topi.

Date: October 16, 2021 22:02

True.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 16, 2021 22:04

Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop

- Doxa

Yes that's right, thank you for continuing to repeat what I've wrote in previous pages, you're a great help, Keep up the good work.thumbs up

Aaah, come on, you like being stalked... You simply love it, right?

Date: October 16, 2021 22:45

Hairball
VIP's had the option of picking up wristbands and VIP sticker prior -
I know a few friends who had VIP/wristbands picked up the day before, and then waited at the entry gate all day ready to make a beeline to the front where the indeed ended up.

Figured but she didn’t have a VIP sticker on her and I forgot to mention someone up front asked her how she had it already and she literally said she didn’t remember. The person who asked her sarcastically replied “Yeah okay.” Lol. Doubt she was “VIP” VIP since she was towards the middle of the line all day. Who knows.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 16, 2021 23:51

retired_dog
Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop

- Doxa

Yeah, like the same dude always reminding us to 'grow up' like that of not having any responsibility for our sayings or actions... (something most (all) of the societies hold as the mark of mature behavior).

EDIT: LEARN SOME RESBONSIBILITY FOR YOU SAYINGS - BE AN ADULT, FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Anyway, this same dude - if I may to recall - was jeezing us in other thread that we should not criticise the band, since because of that they might see it and stop playing.

There is nothing more I dislike than double standards.

EDIT: BE A MAN, FOR GOD'S SAKE, SHIT!

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-16 23:56 by Doxa.

Date: October 17, 2021 02:32

Doxa
retired_dog
Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop

- Doxa

Yeah, like the same dude always reminding us to 'grow up' like that of not having any responsibility for our sayings or actions... (something most (all) of the societies hold as the mark of mature behavior).

EDIT: LEARN SOME RESBONSIBILITY FOR YOU SAYINGS - BE AN ADULT, FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Anyway, this same dude - if I may to recall - was jeezing us in other thread that we should not criticise the band, since because of that they might see it and stop playing.

There is nothing more I dislike than double standards.

EDIT: BE A MAN, FOR GOD'S SAKE, SHIT!

- Doxa

I think we all do that to some extent, defend the band so passionately and then a few pages later see our way to find criticism, we are all guilty of trying to find perfection with the Stones, and God damn it at almost 80 years of age they almost deliver it to us.

I sometimes wonder if we all miss the point of this music and what this band is about , Keith will just turn his guitar down and turn his back on glory, like as if to say don't put that level of expectation on my back, im here to have fun, im not interested, that's not what Rock and Roll is about.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 17, 2021 03:31

Was there any place in the stadium that you can check bags in? The sofi shows a few places, but not available for every event.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: October 17, 2021 04:07

MingSubu
Was there any place in the stadium that you can check bags in? The sofi shows a few places, but not available for every event.

The bag check stations were open Thursday.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 17, 2021 04:30

I find Mick's regional comedy bits at each show quite amusing, adding to my enjoyment of the show.
The slam back at Macca was priceless, imo.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: October 17, 2021 05:22

jmd
MingSubu

Any idea what they ran?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 17, 2021 05:59

angee
I find Mick's regional comedy bits at each show quite amusing, adding to my enjoyment of the show.
The slam back at Macca was priceless, imo.

The best part is that some people actaually believe the jokes.

I was following a YouTube stream of the 1st LA show and towards the encores, people were waiting on Paul to show up. grinning smiley

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: October 17, 2021 06:00

MingSubu
jmd
MingSubu

Any idea what they ran?

No. Sorry.

Date: October 17, 2021 07:36

jmd
MingSubu
jmd
MingSubu

Any idea what they ran?

No. Sorry.
Thank you.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 17, 2021 13:48

LSNTT must be the worst opener they've ever used. The first song must be a "In-yer-Face-let-the-tigers-out" kind of tune with the band at the front posing for the professional cameramen.

SFM, SMU, Satisfaction, BS, JJ FLASH.

YGMR didn't work that well either with the "passive" Dsus-riff in Open G more suited for the 2nd or 3rd spot or even PIB for that matter back in 2006. Though it was a fun autumn, setlist wise.

Sympathy worked in 2017, love that hard hitting B-chord and then back to the verse.

Kudos that they try out new opening songs but surely there must be better ones for that special spot? What do you fellow IORRians think?

Date: October 17, 2021 14:10

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-17 14:40 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 17, 2021 14:11

I think they just dropped SFM for once to make room for Rocks Off (now there would be a good opener if they were brave enough to do it, but they don't play it often enough to be confident of it) and they will probably stick to SFM from now on.

Date: October 17, 2021 14:27

Rocktiludrop
MadMax
LSNTT must be the worst opener they've ever used. The first song must be a "In-yer-Face-let-the-tigers-out" kind of tune with the band at the front posing for the professional cameramen.

SFM, SMU, Satisfaction, BS, JJ FLASH.

YGMR didn't work that well either with the "passive" Dsus-riff in Open G more suited for the 2nd or 3rd spot or even PIB for that matter back in 2006. Though it was a fun autumn, setlist wise.

Sympathy worked in 2017, love that hard hitting B-chord and then back to the verse.

Kudos that they try out new opening songs but surely there must be better ones for that special spot? What do you fellow IORRians think?

LSTNT was a thrilling opening in 81' 82' so im thinking has Keith never watched the Hall Ashby video that turned so many people onto the Stones, and that opened with Keith coming out with LSTNT and Mick running around greeting the crowd, what a missed opportunity that was in LA, please someone show Keith what he could have done with that opener instead of chucks keyboard.

UMT

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home