Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: Los Angeles #1 show live updates - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: October 15, 2021 18:40

If paying a lot of money to hear the same ol same ol is your thing, Good on ya. They can still sell out stadiums with the same ol same ol so good on them. You really can't complain about how other people wish to spend their money and what they expect for their money. If this tour is for you, great. If it isn't, that is understandable too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-15 18:40 by TumblinDice76.

Re: Los Angeles #1 show live updates - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 15, 2021 19:01

If you ask me, that's a pretty interesting first half of a setlist. But I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole thing. It's fortunate that Steve Jordan does so well but... suppose you go to look at a vintage steam locomotive but it's not being fired up and only pushed forward by an electric one. Sure it's cool to look at, the gears move and everything but can you feel it?

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: October 15, 2021 19:03

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 15, 2021 19:03

What a fantastic show!

Biggest question leaving the stadium (huge pain btw) was how do they top this on Sunday?
I had posted what I thought was the entire sound check songs, but I guess I missed at least one.. Rocks Off came as a complete (and fantastic) surprise!!

Going to go thru now and watch some clips, just fantastic versions of Rocks Off, Rambler, Ruby Tuesday and yes... Miss You.
Personally have grown to love these latest versions of it live and the crowd of mostly twenty somethings around me went absolutely nuts for it.

So great to see all the playful interactions, mic sharing etc amongst Mick and Keith.. love it.
Ronnie looked better than when I saw him in St Louis, more playful and had several outstanding moments.. these guys are all truly amazing.

Can’t wait to see how they mix it up on Sunday..!!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 15, 2021 19:11

StonedRambler
It's amazing that one and a half months after the shock of Charlie's passing people are back to complaing about setlists. Be grateful that they still play at all. It could be over tomorrow and then you will wish to see them one more time playing Satisfaction again.

Indeed. Old habits die hard tho. Maybe it's a testament to them because they are all performing at such a phenomenal level that we have nothing else to moan about!

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: October 15, 2021 19:11

Last night was my 15th show. I have heard 318 songs live and 90 different Rolling Stone songs.

Ronnie was on fire, Sasha is amazing and fun and beautiful, I digress, The French Horn on YCAGWYW was sooo beautiful, soul touching. Darryl has always been underrated but really shined last night.

I will always love Charlie and I will always miss his subtle elegance, no one like him and there never will be again. Steve Jordan? I would compare him with Mickey Mantle taking over in Center Field for Joe DiMaggio it is a most difficult task replacing a Legend. Steve brings the power, like Mickey and it suits The Stones at this juncture in their career, Bravo Steve Jordan.

Keith is Keith, probably the greatest legend in the history of Rock & Roll, but earned by how he lives, not how he died. The heartfelt gratitude he shows to the crowd and the emotion in his eyes lays bear a soul of appreciation for the fans, He needs the fans as much as we need him, a most requited love.

That leaves Mick Jagger, what can you say? Simply this; There is, was and never will be a better front man, showman, performer or entertain than Mick Jagger. He owns the stage and he owns the crowd. For all the derogatory comments Keith has made in the past about Mick that the press loved to print, they missed perhaps the greatest compliment anyone has ever paid Jagger. Keith said in his book "Life". When asked about how good of a front man Mick Jagger is, Keith replied; "Mick Jagger could do a concert on your @#$%& coffee table."

The Stones didn't earn the title of the Greatest Rock & Roll Band Ever overnight, they have earned it over generations. Every time they take the stage including last night, they prove it!!!

Los Angeles #1 - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 15, 2021 19:19

Mick namechecks Paul McCartney - "Paul McCartney's here. He's gonna help us. He's gonna join us on a blues cover later on."

[www.tmz.com]

Re: Los Angeles #1 - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 15, 2021 19:33

bye bye johnny
Mick namechecks Paul McCartney - "Paul McCartney's here. He's gonna help us. He's gonna join us on a blues cover later on."

[www.tmz.com]

Mick was claiming that all sorts of celebrities were in the audience, but the sound on my live feed was so bad at that point that Paul was the only one I recognised.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 15, 2021 19:48

bengigan

*Gimme Shelter near the end when its winding down he sprinted halfway out the catwalk and belched out gimme shelter YA ten times with this enthusiasm that juxtaposed the normal melancholy ending of the tune

looking at a video: he apparently was ignited by keith in that

Posted by: mmarloe ()
Date: October 15, 2021 19:58

Parked in Pink next to an exit. Very easy to get onto Century to the 405.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2021 20:02

Rocktiludrop
treaclefingers
Rocktiludrop
GerardHennessy
Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop
Gfmsoccer
cowboytoast
Paddy
I wish they’d drop Miss You. Miss it I wouldn’t.

I'm with you Paddy - this is my "go get a beer" or "hit the restroom" song -

It's a shame there aren't any offensive lyrics in it hahahah

I loved it! One of the highlights of the night. The extended version with Darryl and the sing along is magical. Everyone in my section was singing.

If all you want from a Stones Gig is to singalong try Karaoke, it's a lot cheaper winking smiley

Or if one doesn't like people enjoying the show, singalonging and interacting with the band, who knows even dancing, and thereby creating an atmosphere, try a classical concert, not a rock and roll show. Might be also a lot of cheaper, as well.

- Doxa

Oh come on man almost everyone is tired of Miss You and Satisfaction, why do you have to be such a school prefect about everything, you know Miss You takes up the possibility of two great songs from the Stones considerable catalogue.

Miss You is a No 1 hit song from a No1 hit album. Satisfaction was The Stones first chart topping single in the US. It may not be entirely accurate to say 'almost everyone' is fed up with hearing them. I certainly know an awful lot of people who love hearing both of them in concert. Of course some people will be fed up with them. Like some people will be fed up with other warhorses, including me. But the fact remains that The Stones must be doing very nearly everything right. They continue to pack out stadiums. They continue to sell out tours. They continue to surprise, delight and entertain hundreds of thousands of people every time they tour.

I was one of those who thought this tour was one step too far.I WAS WRONG. They are back, rocking as hard as ever. God bless 'em all.

Get yer Rocks Off y'all

Ok leave Satisfaction in there but with hand on heart you would rather keep in Miss You at the expense of songs like CYHMK, Sway, Rip This Joint, Memory Motel, All Down The Line , Monkey Man etc etc

Does Miss You deserve to be there tour after tour, is it really that representative of the Stones, Disco ?. Is it really that necessary every single show.

It's a great tune. You should put it on your playlist on one of your runs, may enhance your performance.

Brilliant response, you really are a true comic genious, we are not worthy slimy.

and you are a supremely fit specimen of a douche bag! Keep up the great work!

Posted by: dimtim ()
Date: October 15, 2021 20:05

Great show last night. To answer the parking lot question it was very organized and got out no problem at all on the Prarie Avenue side. Parking is $80 though.

Prarie Avenue side parking is a very long walk to the Lucky Dip pickup which is on the other side of the stadium.

My Lucky Dips were lower bowl straight back from the stage. Of course disappointed we didn't get front pit. Pleaded with the ticket guy to no avail. He kept saying it is all random. Never sat in the seats though as we made it to the floor as we were able to get a lower pit wristband from an usher and made it to a couple empty seats right by the catwalk. Took a lot of work to get there as security is very tight.

Probably my 50th or so show. They never dissapoint. My 25 year old daughter had never seen them before and she was blown away how much energy they all had especially Mick with his charisma, voice and overall command.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 15, 2021 20:10

Connection by Keith at SoFi stadium. Video is nice and close up to the stage. I say, improved over Nashville. Good and credible guitar solo by Keith

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 15, 2021 20:18

=====Rolling Stones Let’s Spend The Night Together Los Angeles====
Very close. Video from the pit it seems. Camera is focused on Mick 97% of the time

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 15, 2021 20:26

Rolling Stones arrive in Burbank airport ahead of SoFi Stadium tour stop
Oct 12, 2021
Mick and Keith speak to a local Fox 11 reporter on the airport tarmac for a minute or two. A mini-press conference of sorts. Mick's in his peach colored retro- seer sucker suit. Check out Mick's sartorial splendor, Charlie would have been delighted to see.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 15, 2021 20:30

triceratops
Connection by Keith at SoFi stadium. Video is nice and close up to the stage. I say, improved over Nashville. Good and credible guitar solo by Keith

[www.youtube.com]

That was a good solo, Keith being more talkative than usual, mmmmm

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2021 20:37

bye bye johnny

[www.tmz.com]

That's absolutely brilliant.

Date: October 15, 2021 20:42

MisterDDDD
What a fantastic show!
Biggest question leaving the stadium (huge pain btw) was how do they top this on Sunday?
Can’t wait to see how they mix it up on Sunday..!!

Stones just might go all out on Sunday, they have a 7 day tour break until the next show. Mick can exert his voice more than usual due to the long rest for his vocal cords. Perhaps Stones will do 20 tunes.

Oct 17th Los Angeles --- SoFi Stadium
Oct 24th Minneapolis - US Bank Stadium

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 15, 2021 20:44

Extended on JJF, over a minute longer, Ronnie and Keith reaching greater heights here. Keith not his usual mobile self though, just concentrated on the music this show.

[m.youtube.com]

Date: October 15, 2021 20:48

treaclefingers
bye bye johnny

[www.tmz.com]

You gotta get up very early in the day to get one past Ol' Mick. And Paul McCartney failed. For me, seeing the current Rolling Stones is at least 10x more exciting than seeing the current ex-Beatle, just boring. He doesn't even have a scintillating disco tune like "Miss You".

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 15, 2021 21:05

edit: ------------------ winking smiley---------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-15 22:55 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 15, 2021 21:17

treaclefingers
bye bye johnny

[www.tmz.com]

Caught that in real time, but there were many around me who thought Sir Paul would be making an appearance, not in on the gag.

Hilarious!
People started to catch on when he name checked “Kirk Douglas” as also being in attendance spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 15, 2021 21:17

The old and seasoned Stones' fans head out for a beer or to take a piss during "Miss You". The Keith beer/piss break is gone, now that he is playing "Connection".

Date: October 15, 2021 21:18

Green Lady
bye bye johnny

[www.tmz.com]

Mick was claiming that all sorts of celebrities were in the audience, but the sound on my live feed was so bad at that point that Paul was the only one I recognised.

Along with Paul McCartney, he also mentioned Leonardo DiCaprio and Lady Gaga - a couple more I can't recall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-15 21:19 by Hairball.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 15, 2021 21:29

Hairball
Green Lady
bye bye johnny

[www.tmz.com]

Along with Paul McCartney, he also mentioned Leonardo DiCaprio and Lady Gaga - a couple more I can't recall.

Reading all this, my general feeling is that the Stones fans and many others really enjoyed the concert. I don't think there is any reason to complain about the setlist. I would have been pleased with it anyway. Strangely I woke up somewhere in the middle of the night and immediately my mind floated toward LA. Internet was still "blanc" with info though.
Another experience you won't forget cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 15, 2021 21:31

Hairball

Watching the video might help... ; )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-15 21:34 by bye bye johnny.

Date: October 15, 2021 21:37

bye bye johnny
Hairball

Watching the video might help... ; )

Haven't made it that far yet to start studying last nights videos, just now catching up with some of the photo's that have been posted...still digesting the sensory overload of the real deal. thumbs up

Here's one of my humble offerings taken with a new phone that I'm still getting familiar with...I was the first one in the parking lot directly across from the Fabulous Forum at 3:35pm:

\

Will post a few select photo's later, and thanks to everyone else for posting the much higher quality pics. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-15 21:39 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 15, 2021 21:53

Kurt Douglas ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 15, 2021 22:18

triceratops
Rolling Stones arrive in Burbank airport ahead of SoFi Stadium tour stop
Oct 12, 2021
Mick and Keith speak to a local Fox 11 reporter on the airport tarmac for a minute or two. A mini-press conference of sorts. Mick's in his peach colored retro- seer sucker suit. Check out Mick's sartorial splendor, Charlie would have been delighted to see.

[www.youtube.com]

Took a bit of old school media but I believe this did the trick in selling a lot of mid range tickets while the lowers were handed out as Lucky Dips. We got C114 row 15 but someone handed me a PIT wristband so I had my first ever pit experience finally!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 15, 2021 22:21

triceratops
treaclefingers
bye bye johnny

[www.tmz.com]

You gotta get up very early in the day to get one past Ol' Mick. And Paul McCartney failed. For me, seeing the current Rolling Stones is at least 10x more exciting than seeing the current ex-Beatle, just boring. He doesn't even have a scintillating disco tune like "Miss You".

I understand Paul's point, but he seems to be coming from the perspective of the Stones ala 1964.They were/are THE greatest blues cover band of all time. Paul can scoff, but the Beatles weren't particularly good at blues. John was a rock vocalist, Paul was pop. Yes, they accomplished great musical adventures, but they weren't up to the Stones league when it came to blues, and even rock. That's why John looked so damn happy playing with the Dirty Mac.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home