Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Los Angeles #1 show live updates - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 15, 2021 13:50

Rocktiludrop
Gfmsoccer
cowboytoast
Paddy
I wish they’d drop Miss You. Miss it I wouldn’t.

I'm with you Paddy - this is my "go get a beer" or "hit the restroom" song -

It's a shame there aren't any offensive lyrics in it hahahah

I loved it! One of the highlights of the night. The extended version with Darryl and the sing along is magical. Everyone in my section was singing.

If all you want from a Stones Gig is to singalong try Karaoke, it's a lot cheaper winking smiley

Or if one doesn't like people enjoying the show, singalonging and interacting with the band, who knows even dancing, and thereby creating an atmosphere, try a classical concert, not a rock and roll show. Might be also a lot of cheaper, as well.

- Doxa

Re: Los Angeles #1 show live updates - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 15, 2021 14:03

Seemingly another wonderful show. Blessed are those being there.

I wonder if they ever since the 60's have had such a heavy 60's set list: 13 out of 19 songs from 1965 to 1969, including about every big single hit there.

And what is great they seem to have a new spark to play the pre-JJF material.

- Doxa

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 15, 2021 14:06

KRiffhard
Brown Sugar and SFM...IN
Miss You and Satisfaction...OUT!

thumbs up

Haven't heard a good version of Satisfaction since around 2005 and Miss You is always a bore.

Los Angeles #1 - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 15, 2021 14:26

Thank you LA! Let’s do it all again @sofistadium on Sunday

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 15, 2021 14:32

Doxa
Rocktiludrop
Gfmsoccer
cowboytoast
Paddy

I loved it! One of the highlights of the night. The extended version with Darryl and the sing along is magical. Everyone in my section was singing.

If all you want from a Stones Gig is to singalong try Karaoke, it's a lot cheaper winking smiley

Or if one doesn't like people enjoying the show, singalonging and interacting with the band, who knows even dancing, and thereby creating an atmosphere, try a classical concert, not a rock and roll show. Might be also a lot of cheaper, as well.

- Doxa

Oh come on man almost everyone is tired of Miss You and Satisfaction, why do you have to be such a school prefect about everything, you know Miss You takes up the possibility of two great songs from the Stones considerable catalogue.

Date: October 15, 2021 14:37

Chris Pizzello - invision

Date: October 15, 2021 14:40

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: October 15, 2021 14:45

How was it getting out of the parking lots tonight?

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: October 15, 2021 14:54

Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop
Gfmsoccer
cowboytoast
Paddy

- Doxa

Oh come on man almost everyone is tired of Miss You and Satisfaction, why do you have to be such a school prefect about everything, you know Miss You takes up the possibility of two great songs from the Stones considerable catalogue.

Miss You is a No 1 hit song from a No1 hit album. Satisfaction was The Stones first chart topping single in the US. It may not be entirely accurate to say 'almost everyone' is fed up with hearing them. I certainly know an awful lot of people who love hearing both of them in concert. Of course some people will be fed up with them. Like some people will be fed up with other warhorses, including me. But the fact remains that The Stones must be doing very nearly everything right. They continue to pack out stadiums. They continue to sell out tours. They continue to surprise, delight and entertain hundreds of thousands of people every time they tour.

I was one of those who thought this tour was one step too far.I WAS WRONG. They are back, rocking as hard as ever. God bless 'em all.

Get yer Rocks Off y'all

Date: October 15, 2021 15:28

GerardHennessy
Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop
Gfmsoccer
cowboytoast
Paddy

- Doxa

Miss You is a No 1 hit song from a No1 hit album. Satisfaction was The Stones first chart topping single in the US. It may not be entirely accurate to say 'almost everyone' is fed up with hearing them. I certainly know an awful lot of people who love hearing both of them in concert. Of course some people will be fed up with them. Like some people will be fed up with other warhorses, including me. But the fact remains that The Stones must be doing very nearly everything right. They continue to pack out stadiums. They continue to sell out tours. They continue to surprise, delight and entertain hundreds of thousands of people every time they tour.

I was one of those who thought this tour was one step too far.I WAS WRONG. They are back, rocking as hard as ever. God bless 'em all.

Get yer Rocks Off y'all

Ok leave Satisfaction in there but with hand on heart you would rather keep in Miss You at the expense of songs like CYHMK, Sway, Rip This Joint, Memory Motel, All Down The Line , Monkey Man etc etc

Does Miss You deserve to be there tour after tour, is it really that representative of the Stones, Disco ?. Is it really that necessary every single show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-15 15:29 by Rocktiludrop.

Re: Los Angeles #1 - Thursday 14-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 15, 2021 15:46

bye bye johnny
Thank you LA! Let’s do it all again @sofistadium on Sunday

[twitter.com]

Looks like Ronnie forgot what came after Midnight Rambler then fixed it. Whoops!

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: October 15, 2021 16:23

Rocktiludrop
GerardHennessy
Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop
Gfmsoccer
cowboytoast
Paddy

- Doxa

Get yer Rocks Off y'all

Ok leave Satisfaction in there but with hand on heart you would rather keep in Miss You at the expense of songs like CYHMK, Sway, Rip This Joint, Memory Motel, All Down The Line , Monkey Man etc etc

Does Miss You deserve to be there tour after tour, is it really that representative of the Stones, Disco ?. Is it really that necessary every single show.

Fair point. No argument from me at all. In fact I don't like Miss You one bit. I was simply echoing a point made to me. And although I do like Satisfaction I do think it is over-exposed. I would LOVE to hear every track you have listed and could add several more tracks rarely/never played. In no particular order Silver Train, I Got The Blues, Shake Your Hips, Rock & A Hard Place, One Hit, Gunface and on and on and on..

For what its worth, my original point is that, whatever us lifelong fans and lovers of deep cuts might think, the majority of those who buy the tickets seem to only want the warhorses. Or at least a Warhorse-heavy set list. From time to time I amuse myself by drawing up my own collection of ideal playlists. The kind of set list I would ask them to play if I could hire them from my own birthday party. KIcking off with She Said Yeah and ending with Respectable. In between 18 tracks of ultra-rare, killer tracks, almost none of which, to the best of my knowledge have EVER been played live...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 15, 2021 16:30

I wish people would STFU already on Miss You ..they ain't cutting it...its as big a hit as anything they've done....ever. Deep cuts you say?....not happening...have you followed the band?....this is a commercial machine at this point....its the big hits all the time....every time....I'll see them later this month in Tampa. Its my swan song for sure. Happy to see them one last time.

Date: October 15, 2021 16:35

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Date: October 15, 2021 16:38

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 15, 2021 16:39

Could not get a tow truck. Gave up at 1:30 and took an Uber to an airport hotel. Checked in $$$ and got to sleep at 2:30. Now have to try to get a tow today and then find a way to get back home to San Diego County. This is getting to Beine expensive concert! It was a great concert. Loved the set list. Loved the many fun interactions between the band.

Date: October 15, 2021 16:40

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 15, 2021 16:41

Three songs off Between The Buttons last night.. fun set list smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-15 16:51 by snoopy2.

Date: October 15, 2021 16:43

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 15, 2021 17:02

I agree that the set list is beyond stale, and this is from someone who still enjoys Miss You. I'm just glad they are together at all and performing so well. That in and of itself is a minor miracle.

The set list issue is why Paris Olympia 2003 is my main go-to live Stones concert on DVD. It's the closest thing to a custom set list for me. But, of course anyone who has seen "Being Mick" along with what he's said in interviews, Mick is well aware that the energy tends to lag whenever there's an unfamiliar song in concert, no matter how good the song or performance was, no matter the artist.

A safe, warhorse heavy set list not my personal preference. There's nothing wrong with a few hits in a rock show, especially near the end, but I think the Stones have more than enough stature to be able to play deeper cuts or new songs and not lose the entire audience.

But the Stones want to deliver an A+ show for the most casual attendee, and that means hitting them with the biggest hits one after the other. People have personal memories tied up in the warhorses. The Stones charge a lot of money for tickets, and to their credit, they're determined to give a crowd pleasing show.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 15, 2021 17:04

JadedFaded
Could not get a tow truck. Gave up at 1:30 and took an Uber to an airport hotel. Checked in $$$ and got to sleep at 2:30. Now have to try to get a tow today and then find a way to get back home to San Diego County. This is getting to Beine expensive concert! It was a great concert. Loved the set list. Loved the many fun interactions between the band.

Thanks for checking in and giving us an update. I'm sorry there was so much trouble, but glad you're okay.

Date: October 15, 2021 17:05

Mick, Ronnie and Keith looking incredibly good and young in the Getty Images photos, love the Jackets on Mick & Keith.

Date: October 15, 2021 17:20

jahisnotdead
I agree that the set list is beyond stale, and this is from someone who still enjoys Miss You. I'm just glad they are together at all and performing so well. That in and of itself is a minor miracle.

The set list issue is why Paris Olympia 2003 is my main go-to live Stones concert on DVD. It's the closest thing to a custom set list for me. But, of course anyone who has seen "Being Mick" along with what he's said in interviews, Mick is well aware that the energy tends to lag whenever there's an unfamiliar song in concert, no matter how good the song or performance was, no matter the artist.

A safe, warhorse heavy set list not my personal preference. There's nothing wrong with a few hits in a rock show, especially near the end, but I think the Stones have more than enough stature to be able to play deeper cuts or new songs and not lose the entire audience.

But the Stones want to deliver an A+ show for the most casual attendee, and that means hitting them with the biggest hits one after the other. People have personal memories tied up in the warhorses. The Stones charge a lot of money for tickets, and to their credit, they're determined to give a crowd pleasing show.

The thing is why does Mick think a song wasn't enjoyed if it didn't get as many claps from the audience.
Audiences would have learnt to love lesser known songs through the years had they been played and released on various live albums and CD's.
It's like I said earlier, Mick doesn't give the audience the benefit of intelligence, he thinks he's a Redcoat at Butlins that can only gauge an audience by it's response, are they waving and clapping with me, he doesn't understand the audience appreciate something new and different.

Look at Keith when he played with the Winos, just a few known songs and the rest new or different and audiences eat them up, he got Rave reviews, come on man Stones audiences are not casual fans, give them more respect.

What the hell it's too late now, enjoy the tour guys.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2021 17:37

Rocktiludrop
GerardHennessy
Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop
Gfmsoccer
cowboytoast
Paddy

- Doxa

Get yer Rocks Off y'all

It's a great tune. You should put it on your playlist on one of your runs, may enhance your performance.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 15, 2021 18:03

Rocktiludrop

Not only is disco one of the great cultural phenomenons of our time, but based upon sales and chart positions, the most popular style of music ever. Miss You isn't going anywhere. Anyone who is that tired of hearing it is following the wrong band.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: October 15, 2021 18:12

Rocktiludrop
Look at Keith when he played with the Winos, just a few known songs and the rest new or different and audiences eat them up, he got Rave reviews, come on man Stones audiences are not casual fans, give them more respect.

Keith wasn’t selling 50,000 tickets a show.

I’d love to see a bigger rotation of their catalog of hits (along with a few rarities), but it ain’t gonna happen.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 15, 2021 18:13

Rocktiludrop
jahisnotdead

The thing is why does Mick think a song wasn't enjoyed if it didn't get as many claps from the audience.
Audiences would have learnt to love lesser known songs through the years had they been played and released on various live albums and CD's.
It's like I said earlier, Mick doesn't give the audience the benefit of intelligence, he thinks he's a Redcoat at Butlins that can only gauge an audience by it's response, are they waving and clapping with me, he doesn't understand the audience appreciate something new and different.

This thought has been stated many times before that it is getting stale. But when you are down to a 19 song setlist, there is going to be very little room for deep cuts or rarities when they have to play Sympathy, Miss You, Start Me Up, Jack Flash, Midnight Rambler, Tumbling Dice, Gimme Shelter, Satisfaction, Honky Tonk, Paint It Black, You Cant Always Get, (the now retired Brown Sugar) etc. When the Stones were doing 2 1/2 hour shows, they could pull out more deep cuts. My best memory of the Stones later day tours (that I thoroughly enjoyed) was the Licks Tour, which I doubt we will ever see again for the variety of setlist changes on a single tour.

Date: October 15, 2021 18:20

treaclefingers
Rocktiludrop
GerardHennessy
Rocktiludrop
Doxa
Rocktiludrop
Gfmsoccer
cowboytoast
Paddy

- Doxa

Get yer Rocks Off y'all

It's a great tune. You should put it on your playlist on one of your runs, may enhance your performance.

Brilliant response, you really are a true comic genious, we are not worthy slimy.

Date: October 15, 2021 18:27

Dan
Rocktiludrop

Not only is disco one of the great cultural phenomenons of our time, but based upon sales and chart positions, the most popular style of music ever. Miss You isn't going anywhere. Anyone who is that tired of hearing it is following the wrong band.

Ok i get it, because i don't like and have never liked Miss You, therefore not tired of it as i disliked it from the beginning, I've been obsessing about the wrong band all these years.
How stupid of me to think that I could dislike any Rolling Stones songs, so it's all or nothing is it mate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-16 12:44 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 15, 2021 18:31

It's amazing that one and a half months after the shock of Charlie's passing people are back to complaing about setlists. Be grateful that they still play at all. It could be over tomorrow and then you will wish to see them one more time playing Satisfaction again.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home