Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14
Re: New Show announced - Hard Rock Live Hollywood FL, November 23
Posted by: Djuro ()
Date: November 2, 2021 22:27

Thank you for sharing your experience. Could you please elaborate on this message from TM, was it in their app or web account? How come they messaged you since you bought from a different ticket site?

Does anyone have other experiences with above mentioned secondary market sites?
Am flying from Croatia currently ticketless to this show and so far haven't used secondary markets so any experience is helpful. Thanks to those who already commented on the topic.

One thing I don't understand is mobile ticket availability. For example when looked at the stubhub 2 weeks ago you could buy tickets in the same section with the similar price, one said it would be available 31 oct, and one 22nd nov. When you look now they say 22nd Nov or in couple of days. My question is, why can't it be the moment you buy?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 2, 2021 23:09

Djuro
Thank you for sharing your experience. Could you please elaborate on this message from TM, was it in their app or web account? How come they messaged you since you bought from a different ticket site?

Does anyone have other experiences with above mentioned secondary market sites?
Am flying from Croatia currently ticketless to this show and so far haven't used secondary markets so any experience is helpful. Thanks to those who already commented on the topic.

One thing I don't understand is mobile ticket availability. For example when looked at the stubhub 2 weeks ago you could buy tickets in the same section with the similar price, one said it would be available 31 oct, and one 22nd nov. When you look now they say 22nd Nov or in couple of days. My question is, why can't it be the moment you buy?

They (Mega Seats) just handle the transaction, like all resellers. Once $$ has exchanged hands, TM will facilitate the exchange as the original ticket is through them., hence them contacting you to tell you you have the ticket.

The reason some transfers are "instant" and some they list a "date by" is primarily dictated by when and how the seller listed them with the third party site. Sometimes they list "will transfer by" as it's a bit easier to list (I have). Typically they will transfer it much sooner after the sale, but have up until that date.

Wasn't familiar with this "Mega Seats" site, but they appear to be a site that lists tickets that other third party sites have listed to me (same seat available on Stubhub etc as their site). They then charge more than twenty percent higher (hence they can give a 20% discount away occasionally and still make $$). The few tickets I looked at were about 25% higher than Stubhub (for the same seat).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-02 23:37 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: November 2, 2021 23:59

Just bought tickets for Rod Stewart today at the Hard Rock... $65 each, plus fees
And I bought Billy Joel Hard Rock last week for about $105 each, plus fees.

I love the Stones, and I am local, but they can kiss my ass with this show.

Date: November 3, 2021 00:14

rlj1010
Just bought tickets for Rod Stewart today at the Hard Rock... $65 each, plus fees
And I bought Billy Joel Hard Rock last week for about $105 each, plus fees.

I love the Stones, and I am local, but they can kiss my ass with this show.

And you just posted you saw the Stones for about $30 via Lucky Dip in Tampa.
Maybe it's Rod and Joel who should do the kissing winking smiley

Jokes aside, it's supply and demand- Billy Joel resell tix are higher than the Stones right now on TM.
The Stones decided (rightly) long ago to sell tix at about what the resellers will get. Hate the game, not the players.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 00:17 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Djuro ()
Date: November 3, 2021 03:04

Thanks MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 3, 2021 07:43

That's what it's come to. Scalp your own tickets. The majority of artists allow Platinum pricing these days. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is, I guess.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: November 3, 2021 11:54

Flying in (FLL) Tuesday/out Wednesday. Any (reasonable) hotel/logistics recommendations?

Posted by: Stilllife09 ()
Date: November 3, 2021 13:18

Topi
That's what it's come to. Scalp your own tickets. The majority of artists allow Platinum pricing these days. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is, I guess.

But how do you explain that even on viagogo tickets are cheaper than on ticketmaster itself??
Shouldn’t a simple demand vs offer rule put the price a bit down?
I’m still stunned how the stones can allow this, I know they don’t care and probably don’t even know or control this but still.

Date: November 3, 2021 13:39

Are the Viagogo tickets that much cheaper if you factor in the fees, though?

Posted by: Stilllife09 ()
Date: November 3, 2021 14:03

Yah true I always forget about these +30%smiling smiley it is then quite similar indeed which is still sad

Though funny I get totally different results on pc and phone.

I now find ga on my phone for 2018usd including fees on viagogo,ticket master 3218usd

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-03 14:26 by Stilllife09.

Date: November 3, 2021 15:13

Often times your phone can give you a better price. I've seen that happen with Google flights. Get cheaper airfare if you use your phone to search.

Posted by: Robbi228 ()
Date: November 3, 2021 15:15

I’ll be attending the show at the Hard Rock Live and was wondering if anyone has experience with seeing shows there, and how parking is on the property? Just wondering if I should rent a car or take a Lyft or Uber.

Date: November 3, 2021 15:17

Topi
Often times your phone can give you a better price. I've seen that happen with Google flights. Get cheaper airfare if you use your phone to search.

True.. I think it might be related to the cookies in your browser.
Airlines use them to tell how many times you've checked prices and then raise them to get you to buy.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 3, 2021 17:14

Robbi— I live about 15 minutes from the venue and absolutely hate it solely because of the traffic and parking situation. I will be going to the show as well and plan on getting there around 5:30 or 6 and grabbing something to eat and hanging out to avoid the stress of traffic and parking. Probably do the same post show to avoid the hell that is getting out of their garages.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: November 3, 2021 20:28

Parking is plentiful, good and free but there will be some normal car lines before and after the show but nothing like a stadium show. Don't know about lyft and uber but they're probably fine. Renting a car would work as well.

Posted by: SaintPaul ()
Date: November 24, 2021 01:36

Woo - I'm feelin' hungry!

Re: looking for some Hollywood FL ticket advice from the experts
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:22

treaclefingers
Bungo
Don’t be so damn cynical. Take this show at face value. A huge band in a small venue with tickets available to the general public well in advance. That’s fantastic. Yet many on this board are throwing stones. Metallica is playing there a little before the Stones but no one’s bitching about that. If you can’t afford the tickets then make more money. If you want to bitch at someone bitch at the promoter. He’s setting the ticket prices. The Stones get paid a set fee per show.

Peace, Out!

Well I'm ordinarily more sympathetic to people's financial situation but let's face it, the Stones are THE marquee band and they even initiated the Lucky Dip ticket situation which makes it more than affordable to go to a show.

If you're not able to afford this special show, then that is too bad but complaining about it or blaming the band is ridiculous.

I can't tell you how many times I've sang, If you price it up!

Q: I've heard from many people today who say they would like to go to the shows but can't afford a ticket (ranging from $85 to $600). What do you say to them?

A: If you really can't afford a ticket, it's sad. I feel bad about that. But there are seats at different prices. We have some cheap ones that are quite good, too. There's a price for everybody I think.

[www.chicagotribune.com]

I can't find when it was but it was within the last 10 years or so that Mick said, about ticket prices in the US, anyway, people that can afford season tickets for NBA games can afford one night to see the Stones.

Bottom line, reality wise, anyone can afford to go to a Stones concert if they want to go. Or U2 or whoever. If you can't afford it, you don't want to go. Justify whatever all you want, it's very simple - yes or no. There's always a ticket price that's affordable.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1872
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home