Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Did Ronnie Ever Meet Brian?
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 12, 2021 19:00

runaway
...agree it isn't Ronnie

" It was 1964. The Rolling Stones were playing the Richmond Jazz and Blues festival. The gut essence of the music was gripping, it has gripped me ever since. The Stones were my bait and I was hooked on the line."

from the book: RONNIE The Sunday Times Bestseller."

The picture wasn’t taken at the Richmond Jazz and Blues Festival, though. Again: it isn’t Ronnie!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 12, 2021 19:05

Big Al
runaway
...agree it isn't Ronnie

" It was 1964. The Rolling Stones were playing the Richmond Jazz and Blues festival. The gut essence of the music was gripping, it has gripped me ever since. The Stones were my bait and I was hooked on the line."

The picture wasn’t taken at the Richmond Jazz and Blues Festival, though. Again: it isn’t Ronnie!

Also: the autobiography, ‘Ronnie’, is a riotous, laugh-out-loud, fest of fictitious absurdities!

I do love Ronnie for it, though. Doesn’t he suggest, at one point, that he was instrumental in the formation of Led Zeppelin?

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 12, 2021 19:45

Big Al
Big Al
runaway
...agree it isn't Ronnie

Also: the autobiography, ‘Ronnie’, is a riotous, laugh-out-loud, fest of fictitious absurdities!

I do love Ronnie for it, though. Doesn’t he suggest, at one point, that he was instrumental in the formation of Led Zeppelin?

Yep and the book is a great fun read

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 12, 2021 23:27

Rockman

....According To The Rolling Stones - page 125
Total Recall Rockman. If not this, then you know where to find x,y,z pertaining to the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 12, 2021 23:35

.... and i help old ladies across the street ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: October 13, 2021 17:01

As William Wadsworth said,

People could read books which consist of writings, and they couldn't read books that have no writings. They are familiar with the sound of guitar with strings, and are not familiar with the sound of guitar without strings. If you are into the visual appearance of things and not into the spirit's life, then how would you understand what is a book with no writings and a guitar with no strings (c)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-13 17:02 by NathanLaze.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 13, 2021 17:09

Rockman
.... and i help old ladies across the street ....

but then you ask them for their phone number, so you're not entirely altruistic.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: October 13, 2021 17:14

My contribution was to try and add some weight to the contentions here that it is not Ronnie in the picture. I think I've probably done that. Further digging has unearthed this newspaper feature on the Stones in Wiltshire in 1964, including a review of their '3rd Pop Festival' appearance. One of the support acts is not complimentary about the Stones performance or their 'attitude'. I cannot see that that Ronnie was a member of either of the support bands so that probably clears this up.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Unfortunately, the link to the video of the gig is broken but there has been previous discussion here about this festival and it contains a live link to some video, mostly of girls being carried out after fainting but also some shots of the band.

[iorr.org]

There's a much better 90 second video here

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 13, 2021 17:20

was ronnie a Ronnie in 1964, at all ? no, he was a common man. so why looking for mention of his name in a paper, even local

he stands beside BJ as a member of audience, if so

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-13 17:22 by NathanLaze.

Date: October 13, 2021 17:26

why pointing out that the photo's are not from "wiltshire, london", but from wiltshire, dullsville ?? would be that face more familiar or not , then ?

can't seem to find any sence in further arguings, though.
people tend to see whatever they want to see, not whatever actually is.

good luck

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-13 17:34 by NathanLaze.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home