Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14
Re: Nashville show live updates - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: October 11, 2021 17:49

As for Start me up. Yes I agree with the comments about Ronnie’s solo it’s just sounds very strange. But the song altogether sounds good the sound has melee well with Steve Jordan’s drumming …. It’s good!
It doesn’t mean I don’t miss Charlie cos I do!
Tokyo done version and flashpoint of SMU I always enjoy!

Re: Nashville show live updates - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: October 11, 2021 17:50

retired_dog
caschimann
Rockman

So much 1960ies energy!!!
Best version so far.
Just great.
Especially the final.

Performances like this make me want a new live album again.

It was so so so fantastic.. shocking really how young they seem and how fit they seem. And the happy energy and friendships were on display so much..

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: October 11, 2021 17:52

I like Keith’s shirt as well. He looks very cool!

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: October 11, 2021 18:08

all I can say is this was either my 48th or 49th show and I've never heard Woody sound better....the solo on Dead Flowers had the greatest tone for starters....i appreciated the solo on Start Me Up without question too

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 11, 2021 18:25

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: October 11, 2021 19:48

MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

Wow, what a shot.

Date: October 11, 2021 20:05

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 11, 2021 20:15

two4fun111
all I can say is this was either my 48th or 49th show and I've never heard Woody sound better....the solo on Dead Flowers had the greatest tone for starters....i eappreciated the solo on Start Me Up without qustion too

confused smiley

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 11, 2021 20:17

nick1970

My 20 year old son says that Keith is the coolest man he has ever seen.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: October 11, 2021 20:21

Start Me Up

went back and listened again to SMU....yes, a bit strange and off kilter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 20:21 by two4fun111.

Date: October 11, 2021 20:47

Start Me Up - Ronnie's solo, for me and my ears, is brilliant, white noise on a fast track, with double vision and a smoky trail, it's got pain and exultation built into it. Ditto Rambler and You Can't.
What an unbelievable band all round, these latest videos capture a great, great show. This tour is going to be one of their most singular. I'd give anything to get over to LA and get in the crowd. Don't have enough of anything to do that haha. Roll on a European tour next year ....

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 11, 2021 21:30

WOW!!!!! I was there in the Nashville stadium with my wife and it was absolutely one of the most enjoyable and rocking Rolling Stones concerts that I've been a part of. We had darn good seats in the stands that were on the lower level (front row) and on the right side facing the stage. As usual,the atmosphere was electric from the moment we entered the venue and when the Rolling Stones hit the stage, that excitement exploded 100 times more. I'm certainly no audiophile person but to my wife and I, the sound was darn near perfect all evening long. As stated earlier, Mick moves constantly and very impressively for a man his age, really for a man at any age. Keith and Ronnie on fire all night, perhaps a minor bump in the road on rare occasions but overall they sounded as tight as ever, to us anyway. Steve Jordan's drumming was somewhat suprising to me in the fact that I wasn't really expecting it to be as loud as it was from where we were sitting. That's not a complaint at all, just an observation, I thought he did an exceptional job overall. Weather was a bit humid but there was a decent breeze thru out the concert and the fireworks show was pretty doggone good at the end. I missed seeing the picture of Charlie Watts on the video towers after the band left the stage so they must not be going to show that at all future shows. Anyway, you won't hear a negative comment from me about anything from the Nashville show because my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. I'm more than glad to leave any different viewpoints or negative opinions to others to comment on. For me it was another super enjoyable and entertaining Rolling Stones show and I look forward to seeing them in Atlanta.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 21:32 by RSbestbandever.

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: October 11, 2021 21:41

Just wanted to thank videos and pictures contributors! So grateful you all are doing this, guys! Cannot travel to USA, and what would I do without you!
Glad to hear and see the band playing so good. Cannot imagine other human being like Mick!)
And love the most their interaction on stage. Mick and Keith sharing the microphone, Keith and Ronnie interplaying... All that hugs. Love it.

Date: October 11, 2021 21:44

MadMetaphoricalMax
Start Me Up - Ronnie's solo, for me and my ears, is brilliant, white noise on a fast track, with double vision and a smoky trail, it's got pain and exultation built into it. Ditto Rambler and You Can't.
What an unbelievable band all round, these latest videos capture a great, great show. This tour is going to be one of their most singular. I'd give anything to get over to LA and get in the crowd. Don't have enough of anything to do that haha. Roll on a European tour next year ....

confused smiley

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: October 11, 2021 22:26

Thanks to all of those taking and/or posting videos.
My last Stones show will forever be Philly 2019 but I so love seeing this band kicking ass.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 11, 2021 22:44

dnewton99
retired_dog
caschimann
Rockman

Best version so far.
Just great.
Especially the final.

It was so so so fantastic.. shocking really how young they seem and how fit they seem. And the happy energy and friendships were on display so much..

Great version of this 1965 oldie that made a huge dent for The Stones, even before Satisfaction came out later that year in June or so. Satisfation was on every car radio that summer, heavy rotation. ---- On 19th, no notes were missed on guitar. Steve Jordan is going all out bashing the drums, as he gets caught up in the Mick/Keith/Ronnie generated frenzy.

And BV, many thanks for collating the reports and many photos for this over the top Nashville concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 22:46 by triceratops.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 12, 2021 00:20

nick1970

I came here looking for some good shots of it,
to see the patternn on the front and back.
I shall keep seeking :E

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 12, 2021 00:26

triceratops
dnewton99
retired_dog
caschimann
Rockman

Best version so far.
Just great.
Especially the final.

Great version of this 1965 oldie that made a huge dent for The Stones, even before Satisfaction came out later that year in June or so. Satisfation was on every car radio that summer, heavy rotation. ---- On 19th, no notes were missed on guitar. Steve Jordan is going all out bashing the drums, as he gets caught up in the Mick/Keith/Ronnie generated frenzy.

And BV, many thanks for collating the reports and many photos for this over the top Nashville concert.

19th Nervous Breakdown was first released as a single in February 1966, between Get Off of my Cloud and Paint it, Black.

But I agree that they're playing it very well on this tour.

Date: October 12, 2021 00:30

grzegorz67

19th Nervous Breakdown was first released as a single in February 1966, between Get Off of my Cloud and Paint it, Black.

But I agree that they're playing it very well on this tour.

Has me thinking they should dust off Mother's Little Helper for a spin.
Would go great together live..

Date: October 12, 2021 00:33

nick1970

Yes Keith is taking a lot more attention to his clothes this tour, definitely looking cool and keep the beanie hat colours coming Keith.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 12, 2021 00:49

franzk
You gotta give credit to Steve Jordan for this. It was the right decision to go on tour with him. Sure, we all love Charlie and we will miss Charlie. He got the swing and he got the groove. But when you watch the shows from 2017-19 he slowed them down. Now they got the kick and fresh energy. With Steve I feel that Mick and Keith can tour well into their 80s.

I really hate comments like this - though, of course, respecting your opinion. I saw 4 shows on the UK leg in 2018 and the band were every bit as vital as they are now. In fact, I think Ronnie was much more on it then. Of course, Charlie's tempo inevitably slowed from their heyday by his 70's, but God knows, so has Keiths. It still has, and it is frankly bizarre not to notice the impression time and illness has made on Ronnie. It is great, and a gift to all fans that the band are still able to play to such a remarkable standard for any age, let alone theirs, and Steve is serving them and us well. Some numbers, from what I have heard on Youtube, now sound somewhat different with Steve. Inevitably. It's a matter of taste but SMU, TD and PIB, in my view really lose without Charlie. [Satisfaction I have preferred with Steve]. No-one knows what their 80's will hold - let's hope it is good health for all of them.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: October 12, 2021 00:53

swaff
MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

Wow, what a shot.

They look like they've been carved out of ancient rock.....!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 12, 2021 01:29

with sssoul
nick1970

I came here looking for some good shots of it,
to see the patternn on the front and back.
I shall keep seeking :E

I think I need to see it zipped up and standing still.
It seems to include an allusion to the cover of Hot Rocks,
and some writing along the hem. Intriguing.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: October 12, 2021 03:00

MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

Hi MisterDDD,
You credited the twitter account of cheeseshoptom for these photos but he ripped these from my facebookpage or instagram account without giving credit..

[www.facebook.com]
[instagram.com]

Feel free to use these accounts, straight from the source smiling smiley

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: October 12, 2021 03:00

MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

Hi MisterDDD,
You credited the twitter account of cheeseshoptom for these photos but he ripped these from my facebookpage or instagram account without giving credit..

[www.facebook.com]

[instagram.com]

Hendrik Mulder

Date: October 12, 2021 03:50

Hendrik
MisterDDDD

[twitter.com]

Hi MisterDDD,

[www.facebook.com]

[instagram.com]

Hendrik Mulder

Respectfully, Clearly unintended Sir.
Hadn't seen, and posted link to my "source".

As the poster is a documented huge fan and was in attendance, onus wasn't really on me to further question his posting.
His twitter handle is linked, perhaps take it up with him? The source.
I will now as well as a matter of fact.

Posting here uncredited (which again, this wasn't-) is one thing, but putting it out to the twitter-verse quite another imo.

Apologies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-12 03:51 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 12, 2021 03:58

Hendrik

[www.facebook.com]

[instagram.com]

Hendrik Mulder

They're all amazing. thumbs up

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 12, 2021 07:21

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: October 12, 2021 08:08

That might be the most I have ever seen Keith sing on the chorus....he didnt miss a word.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 12, 2021 08:22

Rocktiludrop
MadMetaphoricalMax

confused smiley
I have the feeling that some people don't get what Ronnie intends with those SMU solos. They are not meant to sound 'good' or beautiful, they're meant to sound like one nasty, dirty, ear-shattering noise. Like a jumbo jet taking off. It's difficult to catch that on recordings because loudness is a huge part of that. But if you see it live in concert you will get it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home