Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14
Re: Nashville show live updates - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 11, 2021 02:44

Great pic.

Thanks for posting bbj. smileys with beer

Nashville - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 11, 2021 03:04

From @bfletcherdrumz (Bill Fletcher):

[www.instagram.com]

Re: Nashville show live updates - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: October 11, 2021 03:51

So they must not be doing NFL merch this time?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 11, 2021 03:55

kv2915
So they must not be doing NFL merch this time?

Doesn't appear so thankfully.. nice gift(s) from the Titans though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 03:56 by MisterDDDD.

Date: October 11, 2021 05:46

Keith Richards
@officialKeef

Hey, Nashville, Great to be back. Bless you all!
CameraKevin Mazur

[twitter.com]

Re: Nashville - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: October 11, 2021 06:53

bye bye johnny
Photos by Andrew Nelles of The Tennessean:

Love the glasses!!

Gricha? You plan on coming back to Saigon???

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 11, 2021 07:14

Testify
Listening to Darryl J.'s bass effect in 19th Nervous Breakdown, he has never done it before or maybe I don't remember it ...

Did he play like it's supposed to be played, Bo Diddley bombs (ala Wyman), or did he noodle around?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 11, 2021 07:20

ROCKMAN

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: October 11, 2021 07:34

Rockman

That was so punk rock!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 11, 2021 11:52

Feels so good to be a fan these days! Great energy in our band. (But what is Ronnie doing on Dice and SMU? Strange solos...)

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 11, 2021 12:07

Bjorn
Feels so good to be a fan these days! Great energy in our band. (But what is Ronnie doing on Dice and SMU? Strange solos...)

Ronnie's solos are like the elephant in the room.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: October 11, 2021 13:23

Ouch. The SMU solo must be one of the worst yet. Hopefully Ronnie gets his chops together as the tour continues.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 11, 2021 13:31

They should retire Start me Up from the setlist. Mick's voice always sound tired on it and the swing is missing without Charlie.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 13:34 by RaiseTheKnife.

Date: October 11, 2021 13:54

RaiseTheKnife
They should retire Start me Up from the setlist. Mick's voice always sound tired on it and the swing is missing without Charlie.

Micks never been able to sing SMU live.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 11, 2021 14:41

Rocktiludrop
RaiseTheKnife

Atlantic City '89 and 1989/90 pretty much in general Start Me Up sounded excellent, but since then it's hit and miss from the whole band.

Date: October 11, 2021 14:48

retired_dog
Rocktiludrop
RaiseTheKnife

Atlantic City '89 and 1989/90 pretty much in general Start Me Up sounded excellent, but since then it's hit and miss from the whole band.

He's never been able to sing SMU live the way its sang on the record.
Got a link ??

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: October 11, 2021 15:00

Rockman

So much 1960ies energy!!!
Best version so far.
Just great.
Especially the final.

Date: October 11, 2021 15:41

RaiseTheKnife

But Mick makes up for it by clapping and waving, best leave SMU in the setlist in case he replaces it with the new one, "I Really Wanna To Tell The Truth" winking smiley

Date: October 11, 2021 15:50

caschimann
Rockman

Best version so far.
Just great.
Especially the final.

Right?? smileys with beer

Date: October 11, 2021 16:04

Rocktiludrop
retired_dog
Rocktiludrop
RaiseTheKnife

He's never been able to sing SMU live the way its sang on the record.
Got a link ??

Is that the new measure here? "Singing 100% like on the record"? This is no karaoke show. YaYa's - nothing there sounds like "on the record". Still, it's absolutely excellent.

Date: October 11, 2021 16:13

caschimann
Rockman

Best version so far.
Just great.
Especially the final.

Performances like this make me want a new live album again.

Date: October 11, 2021 16:16

Rocktiludrop
RaiseTheKnife

But Mick makes up for it by clapping and waving, best leave SMU in the setlist in case he replaces it with the new one, "I Really Wanna To Tell The Truth" winking smiley

There must have been too much praise for Mick here recently for your taste that does not let you sleep, right?

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: October 11, 2021 16:16

Agree with most everyone's comments regarding their energy. I was especially pleased with Keith and Ronnie's connection, they were very efficient, fluid and in sync in my view (for a live event - although I'm not a musician, so I miss many technical details I suppose- but for my ears, they we're on cloud 9!)

I loved Keith's Connection- it played nicely for me. Rambler, Gimmie Shelter & 19th Nervous were my favorites.

Steve Jordan really brings a full-on, up-tempo blister on the drums that I believe is a true professional approach, but you sense he's acutely aware of the chair he's sitting in, so as too not dramatically stray from the iconic boundaries he's performing in. I miss Charlie profoundly, but as a unit, this team delivered and then some. Almost like they have something to prove in the face of their fallen brother, nothing half-azzed here that I witnessed.

So much love for these guys, really appreciate their efforts in giving their fans some relief to all we have been dealing with the last 18+ months.

Here's hope to Detroit and Atlanta (for me) - see you guys again on the road with the greatest rock and roll band in the world smileys with beer

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 11, 2021 16:18

Rocktiludrop
Shawn20
They are not human. What a weekend - visited the Muscle Shoals Sound Studio and saw the show in Nashville. They are incredible.

I agree, they are beyond the boundaries we set for humans, Keith back from the dead, Ronnie back from chemo, and Mick back from replacement heart valves, just bloody incredible human beings.hot smiley

Keith back from the dead : >grinning smiley< so true. I saw them 3 times in Paris & Barcelona last tour and he was asleep...
drop the shit and you get a 100 years Stones band

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 11, 2021 17:04

drwatts
Rockman

That was so punk rock!

WOW! eye popping smiley It's like they got suddenly 40 years younger! At least!

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: October 11, 2021 17:38

Wow!! This is awesome. I always loved the song, and it was a real pleasure to learn it was going to be played this tour. It was mentioned elsewhere that the drums are shuffle style anyway SW really effective on this one.Brilliant!!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 11, 2021 17:48

Yes, I liked that one. Really good. I wonder about the ending of the song though - is that a pre-recorded bit or does Darryl really play that loop?

Posted by: dnewton99 ()

franzk
drwatts
Rockman

That was so punk rock!

WOW! eye popping smiley It's like they got suddenly 40 years younger! At least!

It really was something to see.. insane how young they appear!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 11, 2021 17:49

You gotta give credit to Steve Jordan for this. It was the right decision to go on tour with him. Sure, we all love Charlie and we will miss Charlie. He got the swing and he got the groove. But when you watch the shows from 2017-19 he slowed them down. Now they got the kick and fresh energy. With Steve I feel that Mick and Keith can tour well into their 80s.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home