Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14
Re: Nashville show live updates - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 10, 2021 15:57

Keith was hot smiley!!!

Re: Nashville show live updates - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: October 10, 2021 16:14

They are not human. What a weekend - visited the Muscle Shoals Sound Studio and saw the show in Nashville. They are incredible.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 10, 2021 16:28

Shawn20
They are not human. What a weekend - visited the Muscle Shoals Sound Studio and saw the show in Nashville. They are incredible.

thumbs up

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: October 10, 2021 16:31

StonedRambler
[www.youtube.com]
In the beginning you can see Matt Clifford doing the "Ladies and Gentlemen - the Rolling Stones"

Good catch!! we were talking about it at the concert that some thought it was Matt doing it.. it was cool to see them before they came on

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 10, 2021 16:53

Shawn20

You're right! They are incredible smileys with beer
And a great Steve Jordan

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: October 10, 2021 16:55

Tremendous show !!
Spectacular!! I'm still excited !!

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 10, 2021 17:15

Shawn20

I agree, they are beyond the boundaries we set for humans, Keith back from the dead, Ronnie back from chemo, and Mick back from replacement heart valves, just bloody incredible human beings.hot smiley

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: October 10, 2021 17:25

jp.M
KRiffhard
triceratops
Keith -- Connection --- last night
[www.youtube.com]

I love Keef...but he can't sing that song!

...not that bad....,I find it fine....!

I like it, think that he was good ! Excellent show, everyone was excellent!

Here is the link from 1995 - from Amsterdam - with dual vocals (Keith + Mick)
[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 10, 2021 17:26

Videos going up here. [www.youtube.com]

That was a crazy energetic awesome show.. Mick seemed to never lose energy and was dancing, running even more than usual.

Don't miss the mic share in 19th Nervous Breakdown and Ronnie's hilarity in the Band Intros

Videos are a bit bouncing around (I don't watch the concert through the camera lens, I hold it slightly to side) I tried to follow Mick to the far catwalks on each end but that was tough given main catwalk fans/height, etc so bounces alot

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 10, 2021 17:26

dnewton99

Good catch!! we were talking about it at the concert that some thought it was Matt doing it..

You can see him (partly) doing it also in Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park 2013.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 10, 2021 17:37

MrEcho
jp.M
KRiffhard
triceratops
Keith -- Connection --- last night
[www.youtube.com]

I love Keef...but he can't sing that song!

...not that bad....,I find it fine....!

I love it, great performance!

It was a bit ragged, so why not rehearse it a few times to make it better. And put in a Ronnie solo on slide or doing other country (type)licks. As in, let Keith concentrate on the singing, Ronnie concentrate on the guitar parts.

Date: October 10, 2021 17:45

dnewton99

That was a crazy energetic awesome show.. Mick seemed to never lose energy and was dancing, running even more than usual.

Don't miss the mic share in 19th Nervous Breakdown and Ronnie's hilarity in the Band Intros

Videos are a bit bouncing around (I don't watch the concert through the camera lens, I hold it slightly to side) I tried to follow Mick to the far catwalks on each end but that was tough given main catwalk fans/height, etc so bounces alot

Thank you for many great videos including the new ones. Good work! Enjoy!

Date: October 10, 2021 17:48

jumpingjackflash5
dnewton99

Thank you for many great videos including the new ones. Good work! Enjoy!

aww thanks~ I like doing it.. Love having my view and I got good at it about 8-10 years ago.. It is still tough with a pocket camera. smiling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 10, 2021 17:48

I think if Keith would have started an octave lower, the first part of "Connection" would be much better.
As someone else said, his performance improved as the song went along. Guitar part was excellent, imo.

Keep it in!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-10 18:28 by angee.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 10, 2021 18:03

Rocktiludrop
just hope the Stones don't read these negative comments on here, it's enough to make you give it up.

lol...

eye rolling smiley

I'm sure the Stones can handle a bit of criticism, after all they've been at this for nearly 60 years.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 10, 2021 18:05

Keith Richards
@officialKeef:

“I have found sister”
1955 Les Paul TV model.
“I never leave Nashville without another guitar”
Connection….

[twitter.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 10, 2021 18:16

dnewton99
StonedRambler
[www.youtube.com]
In the beginning you can see Matt Clifford doing the "Ladies and Gentlemen - the Rolling Stones"

Good catch!! we were talking about it at the concert that some thought it was Matt doing it.. it was cool to see them before they came on

On that video, you can also see that Ronnie’s guitar tech seems to be a young blonde woman. I noticed her in Pittsburgh but forgot to ask - does anyone know who she is? Maybe one of his daughters?

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: October 10, 2021 18:59

Listening to Darryl J.'s bass effect in 19th Nervous Breakdown, he has never done it before or maybe I don't remember it ...

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 10, 2021 19:31

Testify
Listening to Darryl J.'s bass effect in 19th Nervous Breakdown, he has never done it before or maybe I don't remember it ...

I heard it in Pittsburgh too and looked up to see if it was guitar or bass, couldn't tell if Ronnie was also playing that line along with

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 10, 2021 19:37

I have posted a few pictures on the Nasdhhville show reports pages, see link below.
Thanks for many pictures received by e-mail.
I will publish these and more during my travel to LAX later this evening.

The Rolling Stones
Nissan Stadium
Nashville, TN, USA
Saturday October 9, 2021

Bjornulf

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 10, 2021 19:53

It's Anna Donarski

SomeTorontoGirl
dnewton99
StonedRambler
[www.youtube.com]

On that video, you can also see that Ronnie’s guitar tech seems to be a young blonde woman. I noticed her in Pittsburgh but forgot to ask - does anyone know who she is? Maybe one of his daughters?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 10, 2021 20:12

Thanks Lien, has she always been with him?

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 10, 2021 20:20

bv
I have posted a few pictures on the Nasdhhville show reports pages, see link below.
Thanks for many pictures received by e-mail.
I will publish these and more during my travel to LAX later this evening.

The Rolling Stones
Nissan Stadium
Nashville, TN, USA
Saturday October 9, 2021

Some wonderful photos. You have captured a few wonderful Keith facial expressions in particular.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 10, 2021 20:31

Okey, sold out stadiums, 2/3 or half empty? I can't judge from all those close-up pictures. Black market prices outside? Bargain or face value? Success or break-even?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 10, 2021 20:35

SomeTorontoGirl

I don't know how long , but he first time I noticed her was during Ronnie Woods solo show at the Hammersmith Apollo , London, 2012

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 10, 2021 20:35

Lien

It's Anna Donarski

SomeTorontoGirl

Stones-wise e.g. since Foxborough 2021 - [www.YouTube.com] . At Ronnie's C.-Berry-Tribute 2018: [www.YouTube.com] - (Pos. 29:22).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-10 20:45 by Irix.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 10, 2021 20:36

SomeTorontoGirl

She has been Ronnie’s tech for several one-off gigs around London (Bluesfest 2012 and 2013, for example). Her first tour with the Stones was 2019, if I’m not mistaken.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 10, 2021 20:37

Stellar reviews for all the shows in the various city's main newspapers this tour.
Good on 'em.. this tour is getting more and more buzz as it rolls on.. smileys with beer

The Rolling Stones spend the night with Nashville in explosive stadium concert

Before the Rolling Stones brought all of their rock and roll firepower back to Nashville's Nissan Stadium on Saturday, Mick Jagger, it seems, had already painted the town red.

"I had a good time last night," the band's 78-year-old frontman told his audience.

"I went to Printers Alley and sang 'Honky Tonk Women' in a karaoke bar. I crashed a bachelorette party on a pedal tavern. They loved my Goo Goo Clusters. We all ended up at the Wild Beaver riding a mechanical bull."

This city's gotten a lot louder and rowdier since the rock legends last came here in 2015 — to say nothing of the humble town they saw on their first visit in 1965.

But some things haven't changed: nearly 60 years in, The Rolling Stones deliver a show like no one else.

That was clear from the moment they were introduced: "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones." It's a showbiz move from a long-gone era — one that they've kept alive for a half-century.

That was followed by Keith Richards careening into view, scraping the opening chord of "Street Fighting Man" like he was revving up a chainsaw, as red fireworks lit up the night sky.

Then, along with longtime (as in 46 years) guitarist Ronnie Wood, came Jagger — who with each passing year seems more and more like an age-defying sorcerer.

After two songs, he placed his hand on his chest and made some exaggerated huffs and puffs into the microphone. He fooled no one.

On his 28,565th day on this planet, Mick Jagger remained an absurdly energetic force of nature.

While the Stones bring pyrotechnics and towering video screens to every show they play, the most important piece might be the catwalk that extends to the middle of the stadium. It's Jagger's runway — a venue to shimmy, sprint and swirl his pelvis ( (yes, swirl) as he sees fit.

He might have even been in better shape than he was at the June 2015 concert, which was among "the hottest gigs I think I've ever played," he told The Tennessean previously.

Still, Saturday's show was also a reminder of the Stones' mortality, as it came just six weeks after the death of drummer Charlie Watts. Before the band took the stage, the video screens were filled with archival footage of Watts, as one of his steady drumbeats played underneath.

Soon after, Jagger spoke about his former bandmate with Richards and Wood by his side, as they've done on every stop of this tour.

"It's great to see all those images of Charlie up there on the screen, you know? We played together for 59 years. So many memories in that time, and I guess a lot of memories for you guys too, I'm sure. So we would like to dedicate this show to Charlie."

Before his passing, Watts had already given his blessing to new drummer Steve Jordan, who has delivered, unsurprisingly, in rock-solid fashion, But there's no ignoring that the Stones suddenly sound different — for the first time in decades.

While Jagger went all-in on his dubious account of his Friday night in Nashville, this show had less of overt nod to Music City than the band's last visit. Fans voted for them to perform "Dead Flowers" — over other country leaning songs — at the show. This time, they played it straight, without Wood playing pedal steel or Jagger donning a cowboy hat.

Another surprise came during Richards' traditional two-song turn as frontman — giving Jagger a moment to be tended to what we can only imagine is a furious backstage pit crew.

He sang "Connection" from the band's 1967 critical favorite "Between the Buttons," along with "Steel Wheels" highlight "Slipping Away."

"It's great to be back," Richards said, before adding with a chuckle, "It's great to be anywhere."

Upon his return, Jagger only picked up steam, as the set snowballed with the likes of "Miss You," "Paint It Black" and "Sympathy For The Devil" — the latter cueing shimmering sparks to rain down on the field.

After "Jumping Jack Flash," they returned for an encore of "Gimme Shelter" (with a star turn from background vocalist Sasha Allen), and finally "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," which had the entire stadium — from the fans to the ushers, concession workers and cops — singing and stomping along.

Even with the looming threat of parking lot traffic, few budged from their seats as Mick, Keith, Ronnie and company gave their final bows.

That crowd won't regret their decision to stay. The world has been saying it for decades now, but really, this could be the last time. If so, the Stones went out with a brilliant bang.
[www.tennessean.com]

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: October 10, 2021 20:40

Could someone please make a Venn diagram showing the overlap between those who both complain about the stagnant setlist and complain whenever the Stones try something new?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 10, 2021 20:41

cyclist
Could someone please make a Venn diagram showing the overlap between those who both complain about the stagnant setlist and complain whenever the Stones try something new?

ha

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home