Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: Nashville show live updates - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: October 10, 2021 11:06

KRiffhard
triceratops
Keith -- Connection --- last night
[www.youtube.com]

I love Keef...but he can't sing that song!

...not that bad....,I find it fine....!

Re: Nashville show live updates - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: October 10, 2021 11:31

SORRY! Vocals are terrible! Greetings

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 10, 2021 11:32

HalfNanker
Ellipooh
Somebody go look up when they’ve played Connection last. I’ve been to every tour since’81 and I’ve never seen it

Keith did it the night i was at the Beacon.

Vegas 2016 was a killer version

sc uk

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 10, 2021 11:45

straycatuk
HalfNanker
Ellipooh
Somebody go look up when they’ve played Connection last. I’ve been to every tour since’81 and I’ve never seen it

Keith did it the night i was at the Beacon.

Vegas 2016 was a killer version

sc uk
Yes because he didn't play it

Date: October 10, 2021 11:46

KRiffhard
triceratops
[www.youtube.com]

Well he does it in his own fckd up way and I love it. Give him some time with that song. Can't be seen at the beginning of the 2014 tour was way worse but it got really good during the tour.

Also I'd rather hear a not quite perfect Connection than hearing Happy for the hundred and one time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-10 11:48 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 10, 2021 11:50

jp.M
KRiffhard
triceratops
[www.youtube.com]

+1, powerful vocals actually and without the backing singers and he gets it word perfect, strange on here, after reading comments expected a train wreck but actually heard power and passion and he's taking a chance with something different, the energy for a 78 year old guitarists is unparalleled, i mean Keith keeps this energy pouring into the music for over two hours, it's admirable given the life Keith has led.

Just needs to tidy up and extend the solo, not a problem I'm sure, just hope the Stones don't read these negative comments on here, it's enough to make you give it up.

Date: October 10, 2021 12:00

Ellipooh

Europe 1995 and the second half of the U.S. 2006 fall tour for the Rolling Stones.

Richards solo shows as well.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 10, 2021 12:05

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 10, 2021 13:02

Rocktiludrop

just hope the Stones don't read these negative comments on here, it's enough to make you give it up.

And of course, this doesn't hold on Mick... eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 10, 2021 13:18

I liked the version of "Connection". A loose feeling. Keith's matured crooner voice funnily fits there, me thinks. The guitar solo also was 'no bullshit, man', there was a point plus some interesting licks there.

Keith seemingly considers "Connection" as his 'solo song'. Probably it was the first song he sang all through, although duetting with Mick on BETWEEN THE BUTTONS. It also probably is one of the first songs he did without Mick helping in lyrics (that is, he wrote all of it by himself, like "Ruby Tuesday" - although it is claimed that Brian had something do with it - and like Mick did "Yesterday's Papers" at the time).

- Doxa

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: October 10, 2021 13:25

midimannz
dnewton99
Fire of a show..watch for vids from PIT 1 but not till AM probably..winking smiley

Hey Donna. This is my next one too
Can you send them to me?

YES! midimannz.. I forget - did you want mp4s? or just youtube?

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: October 10, 2021 13:44

Rokyfan
All the designs are rather lame this time out especially compared to recent tours, including the work of Charlie’s granddaughter. There were some truly outstanding designs last us tour.

Actually, I think Nashville is the first one I've liked.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 10, 2021 13:50

KRiffhard
triceratops
[www.youtube.com]

It was great fun….hope they play it again. thumbs up

Nashville - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 10, 2021 13:51

The Rolling Stones spend the night with Nashville in explosive stadium concert

Dave Paulson
Oct. 10, 2021

Andrew Nelles

Before the Rolling Stones brought all of their rock and roll firepower back to Nashville's Nissan Stadium on Saturday, Mick Jagger, it seems, had already painted the town red.

"I had a good time last night," the band's 78-year-old frontman told his audience.

"I went to Printers Alley and sang 'Honky Tonk Women' in a karaoke bar. I crashed a bachelorette party on a pedal tavern. They loved my Goo Goo Clusters. We all ended up at the Wild Beaver riding a mechanical bull."

This city's gotten a lot louder and rowdier since the rock legends last came here in 2015 — to say nothing of the humble town they saw on their first visit in 1965.

But some things haven't changed: nearly 60 years in, The Rolling Stones deliver a show like no one else.

That was clear from the moment they were introduced: "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones." It's a showbiz move from a long-gone era — one that they've kept alive for a half-century.

That was followed by Keith Richards careening into view, scraping the opening chord of "Street Fighting Man" like he was revving up a chainsaw, as red fireworks lit up the night sky.

Then, along with longtime (as in 46 years) guitarist Ronnie Wood, came Jagger — who with each passing year seems more and more like an age-defying sorcerer.

After two songs, he placed his hand on his chest and made some exaggerated huffs and puffs into the microphone. He fooled no one.

On his 28,565th day on this planet, Mick Jagger remained an absurdly energetic force of nature.

While the Stones bring pyrotechnics and towering video screens to every show they play, the most important piece might be the catwalk that extends to the middle of the stadium. It's Jagger's runway — a venue to shimmy, sprint and swirl his pelvis ( (yes, swirl) as he sees fit.

He might have even been in better shape than he was at the June 2015 concert, which was among "the hottest gigs I think I've ever played," he told The Tennessean previously.

Still, Saturday's show was also a reminder of the Stones' mortality, as it came just six weeks after the death of drummer Charlie Watts. Before the band took the stage, the video screens were filled with archival footage of Watts, as one of his steady drumbeats played underneath.

Soon after, Jagger spoke about his former bandmate with Richards and Wood by his side, as they've done on every stop of this tour.

"It's great to see all those images of Charlie up there on the screen, you know? We played together for 59 years. So many memories in that time, and I guess a lot of memories for you guys too, I'm sure. So we would like to dedicate this show to Charlie."

Before his passing, Watts had already given his blessing to new drummer Steve Jordan, who has delivered, unsurprisingly, in rock-solid fashion, But there's no ignoring that the Stones suddenly sound different — for the first time in decades.

While Jagger went all-in on his dubious account of his Friday night in Nashville, this show had less of overt nod to Music City than the band's last visit. Fans voted for them to perform "Dead Flowers" — over other country leaning songs — at the show. This time, they played it straight, without Wood playing pedal steel or Jagger donning a cowboy hat.

Another surprise came during Richards' traditional two-song turn as frontman — giving Jagger a moment to be tended to what we can only imagine is a furious backstage pit crew.

He sang "Connection" from the band's 1967 critical favorite "Between the Buttons," along with "Steel Wheels" highlight "Slipping Away."

"It's great to be back," Richards said, before adding with a chuckle, "It's great to be anywhere."

Upon his return, Jagger only picked up steam, as the set snowballed with the likes of "Miss You," "Paint It Black" and "Sympathy For The Devil" — the latter cueing shimmering sparks to rain down on the field.

After "Jumping Jack Flash," they returned for an encore of "Gimme Shelter" (with a star turn from background vocalist Sasha Allen), and finally "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," which had the entire stadium — from the fans to the ushers, concession workers and cops — singing and stomping along.

Even with the looming threat of parking lot traffic, few budged from their seats as Mick, Keith, Ronnie and company gave their final bows.

That crowd won't regret their decision to stay. The world has been saying it for decades now, but really, this could be the last time. If so, the Stones went out with a brilliant bang.

[www.tennessean.com]

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 10, 2021 14:01

Doxa
Rocktiludrop

just hope the Stones don't read these negative comments on here, it's enough to make you give it up.

And of course, this doesn't hold on Mick... eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

I'm always negative about the prospect Mick solo recordings ending up on Stones albums, it's not the Stones sound as far as I'm concerned, but I've not been negative about Micks live performances this tour, I mean at 78 how can i complain when the guy still shows this level of professionalism, ok drop Miss You, my only complaintwinking smiley

Nashville- Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: October 10, 2021 14:06

Andrew Nelles

Andrew Nelles

Photos: The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour at Nissan Stadium

[www.tennessean.com]

Date: October 10, 2021 14:09

WHAT. A. NIGHT!

@NissanStadium

Date: October 10, 2021 14:14

Date: October 10, 2021 14:17

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 10, 2021 14:28

thumbs up

Re: Nashville - Saturday 9-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 10, 2021 14:31

bye bye johnny

getting some strong yves saint laurent vibes from that one

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: October 10, 2021 14:45

OOOPs, I should have looked at the date for the link.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-10 14:57 by BOBM.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 10, 2021 14:48

BOBM
10-09-21 Nashville
1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock and Roll
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Doom 'n Gloom
6. Bitch (vote song)
7. Far Away Eyes
8. Wild Horses
9. Dead Flowers [with Brad Paisley]
10. Honky Tonk Women
--- Band introductions
11. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
12. Happy (Keith)
13. Midnight Rambler
14. Miss You
15. Gimme Shelter
16. Start Me Up
17. Sympathy For The Devil
18. Brown Sugar
--- Band off stage
19. You Can't Always Get What You Want
20. Satisfaction

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Looks like Nashville 2015.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-10 14:49 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: October 10, 2021 14:50

My error, I searched for the setlist and failed to note I got an old link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-10 14:58 by BOBM.

Date: October 10, 2021 14:59

It is more than three "wrongs". Sorry.

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: October 10, 2021 15:03

this one?
Danelectro Sitar?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 10, 2021 15:05

BOBM

It is more than three "wrongs". Sorry.

Better look here for the 2021 Setlists: [Twitter.com] , [Twitter.com] , [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk] , [iorr.org] - (Reports).

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 10, 2021 15:32

Can we vote to choose the colour of Keith's bonnet??

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: October 10, 2021 15:51

jp.M
KRiffhard
triceratops
[www.youtube.com]

I love it, great performance!

Date: October 10, 2021 15:56

[www.youtube.com]
In the beginning you can see Matt Clifford doing the "Ladies and Gentlemen - the Rolling Stones"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home