Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Your Meeting The Stones Stories
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 8, 2021 06:23

hi
i so enjoyed the recent thread of peoples stories of meeting charlie that i imedently wanted to read more stories of fans meeting the rest of the stones but couldn't find a thread about it
and i would have started my own then but wanted to give the one on charlie time to run its course an let him have the spotlight

so if anyone has any stories about meeting the stones or other people who work with them i'd love to hear em'

(i apologise if this is already a thread but I couldn't find it)

Re: Your Meeting The Stones Stories
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 8, 2021 14:32

I’ve posted the long version here before, but the short story is that I met Mick at his brothers show at the Bottom Line in 95. Short but sweet. Shook his hand told him I was a big fan and move on before his body guard had time to ruin the moment!

Great show by the way. I highly recommend seeing Chris if you get the chance! Spoke to him as well that night and got his autograph.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: October 8, 2021 15:49

My favorite Charlie song is She's So Cold. I met him back in 2003(?) He had ice cold hands!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 15:50 by glmmr_twn.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 8, 2021 17:06

I met Bernard Fowler once, early 2000's I think. As I recall he was part of the band that was the opening act for Bruce Willis of all people. I got Bernard's autograph but didn't chat him up. He was nice, but he was probably wondering why I wanted his autograph so bad.

After a Ron Wood solo show, November 6, 1996. (I remember that because there were two people there dressed head to toe in Ross Perot for president gear and it was the day after the election) Just as Ron was getting on the tour bus I yelled out "Great show, Woody!" and in response he tilted his head back and made a vocalization kinda like a Wookie roar. "Uhhhh!"

Isn't that the most exciting story ever?!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 17:09 by jahisnotdead.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 8, 2021 17:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 17:09 by jahisnotdead.

Date: October 9, 2021 01:51

glmmr_twn
My favorite Charlie song is She's So Cold. I met him back in 2003(?) He had ice cold hands!

charlie was just to cool to be warm bloodedgrinning smiley

thank you for sharing

Date: October 9, 2021 01:55

jahisnotdead
I met Bernard Fowler once, early 2000's I think. As I recall he was part of the band that was the opening act for Bruce Willis of all people. I got Bernard's autograph but didn't chat him up. He was nice, but he was probably wondering why I wanted his autograph so bad.

After a Ron Wood solo show, November 6, 1996. (I remember that because there were two people there dressed head to toe in Ross Perot for president gear and it was the day after the election) Just as Ron was getting on the tour bus I yelled out "Great show, Woody!" and in response he tilted his head back and made a vocalization kinda like a Wookie roar. "Uhhhh!"

Isn't that the most exciting story ever?!

bernard seems like he'd be nice

and i could see ronnie roarin' like a wookie

thanks for sharing

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:32

Had a picture taken at a meet'n great with Bernard Fowler at the Bowie Tribute that Mike Garson put in

He's a lovely guy

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:41

Met Bill Wyman at a Borders bookstore in New York 2002for a book signing of his book.Made everybody laugh when he imitated Mick dancing during the Q&A session.

Date: October 9, 2021 03:11

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:32

Had a picture taken at a meet'n great with Bernard Fowler at the Bowie Tribute that Mike Garson put in

He's a lovely guy

thanks
everyone seems to meet bernard and have something nice to say about him

Date: October 9, 2021 03:18

Taylor1
Met Bill Wyman at a Borders bookstore in New York 2002for a book signing of his book.Made everybody laugh when he imitated Mick dancing during the Q&A session.

wow would've love to see bill impersonate mick
dancing
how much did he get into it?

also i miss borders that's where I bought life
the hardback and the audio book at the borders in tacoma wa it was always fun to go there 80 mile drive from the boonies but worth it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-09 03:19 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 05:04

ProfessorWolf
Taylor1

dancing

the hardback and the audio book at the borders in tacoma wa it was always fun to go there 80 mile drive from the boonies but worth it
Bill did the Jagger rooster strut.

Date: October 9, 2021 06:06

Taylor1
ProfessorWolf
Taylor1

dancing

Bill did the Jagger rooster strut.

ha would have paid to see that

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1974
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home