Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Song Vote- Nashville
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 8, 2021 06:44

shattered
Hairball
Big Al
These song-votes aren’t very adventurous, are they? It seems to be the same old, same old, selections all the time. It’s be nice to see a compiled list of all the different songs that have been up for selection. Is there one somewhere?

yeah...thought the same...

Voted for Faraway Eyes - saw them play it at Staples #2, 2013..."...located somewhere in Los Angeles, California" thumbs up

Hey, I always wanted to bring this up and you are the person. When Mick was "driving home early Sunday morning" I always wondered if he went to Bakersfield to see Buck Owens. Mr. Owens had his own performance hall there and I don't know if it was in the 70's or not.

Mick and Buck were drinking cold beers while sitting 'round the campfire when they wrote Faraway Eyes together. winking smiley

Buck Owens Crystal Palace in Bakersfield opened in 1996.Crystal Palace

I visited there back in 2019 when Neil Young was playing at the Bakersfield Theater- it had become sort of a museum w/lots of Buck memorabilia everywhere including one of his cars.
I know the restaurant was still open, and pretty sure there were still live bands, but looks like it's been temporarily closed possibly due to the Pandemic?

Buck Owens Crystal Palace/Museum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 06:45 by Hairball.

Posted by: EggersBand ()
Date: October 8, 2021 07:16

Sweet Virginia is a masterpiece of a song. Please play and .

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: October 8, 2021 07:17

Far away eyes for me!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 8, 2021 08:29

MisterDDDD
The Stones are giving you some real country classics to vote on for Nashville's show.... Visit [vote.rollingstones.com] now to choose from 5 tracks, instead of the usual 4!
Let us know what you voted for!
[twitter.com]

Sweet Virginia
Wild Horses
Far Away Eyes
Let It Bleed
Dead Flowers
[vote.rollingstones.com]

Wild Horses or Dead Flowers are going to win

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: October 8, 2021 10:25

Hope Far Away Eyes will make it ... fingers crossed that poll is not predefined, i.e. all votes are useless as the band already has chosen their favourite to play.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 8, 2021 11:16

Far Away Eyes or Sweet Virginia please.
(But it'll be Dead Flowers)

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 8, 2021 13:20

Far Away Eyes would be lovely. Imagine if they would do Bob Wills Is Still The King again, now that would be amazing!

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: October 8, 2021 13:56

rlj1010
At least the vote can't be rigged this time.

Back in 1997, during the early days of this new thing called the "world wide web", they did the song vote on the B2B tour. With 100% certainty, I rigged the vote and got them to play She's A Rainbow in Miami.

Their vote site in 1997 was extremely primitive. I just keep refreshing and re-voting over and over again.

And each time you did, the little tongue logo meter next to your song would go up. I must have voted for She's A Rainbow 5,000 times. Each time, the meter just kept going up and up and up. The 2nd place song was a long distance away. When they showed She's A Rainbow on the screen at the Miami show, I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life.

Brilliant! Nice storythumbs up For the Nashville show, I voted Far Away Eyes

As far as this tour goes, those are the results:

St. Louis
Wild Horses
Ruby Tuesday
Fool To Cry
Angie

Charlotte
Shine A Light
Far Away Eyes
Sweet Virginia
Let It Bleed

Pittsburgh
Worried About You
Play With Fire
Angie
Fool To Cry

Nashville
Sweet Virginia
Wild Horses
Far Away Eyes
Let It Bleed
Dead Flowers

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 8, 2021 14:27

When are we getting this song vote:

Memo from Turner
Let It Loose
Yellow Cab
So Young
Salt of the Earth

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: October 8, 2021 15:24

rlj1010
At least the vote can't be rigged this time.

Back in 1997, during the early days of this new thing called the "world wide web", they did the song vote on the B2B tour. With 100% certainty, I rigged the vote and got them to play She's A Rainbow in Miami.

Their vote site in 1997 was extremely primitive. I just keep refreshing and re-voting over and over again.

And each time you did, the little tongue logo meter next to your song would go up. I must have voted for She's A Rainbow 5,000 times. Each time, the meter just kept going up and up and up. The 2nd place song was a long distance away. When they showed She's A Rainbow on the screen at the Miami show, I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life.

If memory serves, isn't that how Factory Girl got played the first night at Giants Stadium?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 8, 2021 15:33

Why not to play all of them? A true Nashville c&w special..

Okay, okay, I know, I know, etc.

- Doxa

Date: October 8, 2021 16:02

HalfNanker

Memo from Turner
Let It Loose
Yellow Cab
So Young
Salt of the Earth

You want a bootleg-version of an official track? That's a stretch smiling smiley

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: October 8, 2021 17:25

Dead Flowers here.... Leaving central Illinois in about 4 hours. smiling smiley

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: October 8, 2021 17:25

Dead Flowers here.... Leaving central Illinois in about 4 hours. smiling smiley

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:33

MisterDDDD
Voted Far Away Eyes as well, but betting Wild Horses gets the popular vote.
I am able to vote multiple times using a private window.. if others are as well, we should try an experiment here to see if we're able to affect the vote.

I'll start.. I'm going to vote Far Away Eyes at least ten times.. anyone else? winking smiley
(another round of all great choices though)

I voted for FAE, too but I bet it’s Horses again, also. Hope not, since we got that one in St. Louis, but since I love that song, too it’s impossible to feel slighted.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 9, 2021 03:17

BFR
MisterDDDD
Voted Far Away Eyes as well, but betting Wild Horses gets the popular vote.
I am able to vote multiple times using a private window.. if others are as well, we should try an experiment here to see if we're able to affect the vote.

I'll start.. I'm going to vote Far Away Eyes at least ten times.. anyone else? winking smiley
(another round of all great choices though)

I voted for FAE, too but I bet it’s Horses again, also. Hope not, since we got that one in St. Louis, but since I love that song, too it’s impossible to feel slighted.

Love Far Away Eyes live.. smileys with beer
Gives Mick a chance to bust out his inner country star.

Would love for them to bust out Country Honk as well, what a treat that would be with just the three of them, Ronnie on slide.

Have posted this before but this is the best "straight" country song I've ever heard them do,,

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: October 9, 2021 03:26

Won't be there so doesn't matter to me but man I love Sweet Virginia. Like the others too but for whatever reason that's a goosebump song for me. Love the Stripped version.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 9, 2021 04:02

Thank you for posting that video, Mr. D! I’ve never seen it before and I LOVE Waylon. What a great rendition smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 9, 2021 15:05

"The Rolling Stones are in Music City and ready to rock the Nissan Stadium this evening. The fan song vote has ended and you picked a real country classic! See you tonight" - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] .

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 9, 2021 17:23

If Mick's latest video out and about in Nashville is anything to go by, it's Dead Flowers. Surprised but it was my pick.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 9, 2021 17:32

Lady Jayne
If Mick's latest video out and about in Nashville is anything to go by, it's Dead Flowers. Surprised but it was my pick.

Thought the same, but Mick isn't generally prone to giving things away...
Called the winner "a real country classic!" though.. hmmm.. FAE still my pick!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 9, 2021 17:48

MisterDDDD
Lady Jayne

Thought the same, but Mick isn't generally prone to giving things away...
Called the winner "a real country classic!" though.. hmmm.. FAE still my pick!

Yes, you're right. He may be teasing us. I'm not too bothered as I love all the choices this time.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: October 9, 2021 18:19

His post and video sure do suggest Dead Flowers alright.

But yeah the soundtrack could be just a decoy, too... a head-fake.

If so I'm thinking it might actually be Sweet Virginia.

And still holding out a very long-shot hope Iorr-ers secretly rule the world and it's actually Far Away Eyes.

So few casual fans even know the song, it'd be a near miracle for it to win a popular vote. After teasing us I wish they'd just throw it in anyway as an extra, non-vote song. It's so ideal for Nashville.

Or if the Stones themselves do tamper with the results (which I actually don't think they do), then NOW's the time. Mick, Keith, please put the fix in for FAEyes!

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 9, 2021 19:11

I'll be the one person voting for Let It Bleed it seems, but at least I'll know there's a vote on the board smiling smiley

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 9, 2021 19:33

As stated earlier, 3 of the 5 were played in Nashville 2015:

Dead Flowers
Far Away Eyes
Wild Horses

Saw LIB in DC 2019. C’mon Sweet Virginia!!

See you all tonight! Wish me LD luck!

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: October 9, 2021 20:07

NashvilleBlues

Dead Flowers
Far Away Eyes
Wild Horses

Saw LIB in DC 2019. C’mon Sweet Virginia!!

See you all tonight! Wish me LD luck!

Driving thru Knoxville yesterday (excrutiatingly slowly... worst Interstate traffic in a small city I've ever encountered!), Knoxville to Nashville most of the vehicles not tractor-trailers were dudes in tall, gigantic pick-up trucks.

I hope in 2015 in Nashville after Far Away Eyes a bunch of them didn't rush out of the concert and run 10 red lights in His honor (thank ya Jesus, thank ya Lord).

Good Lucky Dip luck. Both pits look sold out but maybe they set aside some pit tix for LDs, dunno how those work.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 9, 2021 20:23

NashvilleBlues

Dead Flowers
Far Away Eyes
Wild Horses

and what's more: They were all played in a row: Far Away Eyes, Wild, Horses, Dead Flowers

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: October 9, 2021 20:35

When we'll get this song vote selectionmoody smiley

Coming Down Again
Till The Next Goodbye
Living In A Heart Of Love
Winter

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 9, 2021 22:58

DandelionPowderman
HalfNanker

Memo from Turner
Let It Loose
Yellow Cab
So Young
Salt of the Earth

You want a bootleg-version of an official track? That's a stretch smiling smiley

always loved the song, so even though they finally released it, i still use the name i first knew it by!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 10, 2021 02:27

Green Lady
Far Away Eyes or Sweet Virginia please.
(But it'll be Dead Flowers)

- and indeed they soundchecked Dead Flowers. Of course, they could be kidding us.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home