Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Song Vote- Nashville
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 7, 2021 19:18

The Stones are giving you some real country classics to vote on for Nashville's show.... Visit [vote.rollingstones.com] now to choose from 5 tracks, instead of the usual 4!
Let us know what you voted for!
[twitter.com]

Sweet Virginia
Wild Horses
Far Away Eyes
Let It Bleed
Dead Flowers
[vote.rollingstones.com]

Re: Song Vote- Nashville
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 7, 2021 19:18

I voted Far Away Eyes

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 7, 2021 19:23

Voted Far Away Eyes as well, but betting Wild Horses gets the popular vote.
I am able to vote multiple times using a private window.. if others are as well, we should try an experiment here to see if we're able to affect the vote.

I'll start.. I'm going to vote Far Away Eyes at least ten times.. anyone else? winking smiley
(another round of all great choices though)

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 7, 2021 19:25

Far Away Eyes

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: October 7, 2021 19:27

I would bet that it ends up being Sweet Virginia, as hasn't been played yet and wasn't played last time, where Wild Horses, Far Away Eyes, and Dead Flowers were.

For context, Let it Bleed was playing in Charlotte while Shine a Light was a choice for the vote and played last time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-07 19:30 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 7, 2021 19:33

These song-votes aren’t very adventurous, are they? It seems to be the same old, same old, selections all the time. It’s be nice to see a compiled list of all the different songs that have been up for selection. Is there one somewhere?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 7, 2021 19:39

Let It Bleed smiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 7, 2021 19:40

Far Away Eyes for me. smileys with beer

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: October 7, 2021 19:42

Big Al
These song-votes aren’t very adventurous, are they? It seems to be the same old, same old, selections all the time. It’s be nice to see a compiled list of all the different songs that have been up for selection. Is there one somewhere?

I was really hoping that maybe Loving Cup would be an option for Nashville when 2020 tour was announced.

Maybe would have been if not for circumstances (new band working to gel together with Steve Jordan) etc.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: October 7, 2021 19:56

Wild Horses and Let it Bleed have already been played. Love Dead Flowers but they did it last time in Nashville, so...I went with Sweet Virginia!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 7, 2021 20:12

Haven’t seen Sweet Virginia so I voted for it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 7, 2021 20:59

Big Al

yeah...thought the same...

Voted for Faraway Eyes - saw them play it at Staples #2, 2013..."...located somewhere in Los Angeles, California" thumbs up

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 7, 2021 21:07

It's Nashville ...it's gotta be Faraway Eyes, hehehe ...

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 7, 2021 21:38

Hairball
Big Al

yeah...thought the same...

Voted for Faraway Eyes - saw them play it at Staples #2, 2013..."...located somewhere in Los Angeles, California" thumbs up

Hey, I always wanted to bring this up and you are the person. When Mick was "driving home early Sunday morning" I always wondered if he went to Bakersfield to see Buck Owens. Mr. Owens had his own performance hall there and I don't know if it was in the 70's or not.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 7, 2021 21:50

I would love to see/hear them do Prodigal Son ............

[www.youtube.com]

That was 1969 !

Time for it to make another appearance !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: October 7, 2021 21:50

I voted for Faraway Eyes, but it could be rigged for Dead Flowers if Brad Paisley is in the offing.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 7, 2021 22:00

It's terrible that people on another continent can vote for something they won't experience live!

I voted Far Away Eyes lol

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 7, 2021 22:05

Seems like I'm the only one voting Dead Flowers (though I like all of these).

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 7, 2021 22:08

Stop the count! winking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 7, 2021 22:55

Let It bleed

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 8, 2021 00:34

I voted "Memo From Turner".

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: October 8, 2021 01:43

If Wild Horses wins I revoke my fandom but I'll still do the rest of the tour, begrudgingly, since I already have tickets.

Voted many times for Sweet Virginia.
3 of those 5 were played in 2015 (in a row, patronizingly)
And we got Let It Bleed in Charlotte

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: October 8, 2021 02:29

Voted FAR AWAY EYES.
Never heard it live.

But gonna vote again for Sweet Virginia as a failsafe.

(Mostly I'm relieved we'll probably be spared another Angie.)

I notice nobody's being offered hard rockers. There are fewer of those this tour. In DC in 2019 we were offered, and took, Rocks Off.

In 2021 the songs they have to keep up a fast pace straight through are down to just SFM, JJF, and Satisfaction. The other warhorses being played are slower tempo'ed or else are extended, with breathing space in the drawn-out parts. (Although, granted, Mick mostly has to keep moving physically in those stretches.)

What I've loved most about the Stones, though, is the balls-out rockers... of which they have a lot. But now are playing fewer of... an accommodation to age and the stamina that those would require.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 8, 2021 02:56

hope for far away eyes but wild horses will wineye rolling smiley
guess we'll find out tomorrow what they play in the soundcheck

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: October 8, 2021 03:30

Just do them all.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: October 8, 2021 04:04

At least the vote can't be rigged this time.

Back in 1997, during the early days of this new thing called the "world wide web", they did the song vote on the B2B tour. With 100% certainty, I rigged the vote and got them to play She's A Rainbow in Miami.

Their vote site in 1997 was extremely primitive. I just keep refreshing and re-voting over and over again.

And each time you did, the little tongue logo meter next to your song would go up. I must have voted for She's A Rainbow 5,000 times. Each time, the meter just kept going up and up and up. The 2nd place song was a long distance away. When they showed She's A Rainbow on the screen at the Miami show, I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 04:04 by rlj1010.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 8, 2021 04:09

Huh.... what a dirty sneeky great trick ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 8, 2021 04:14

I voted for Faraway Eyes, but all 5 songs are fine for me, love them all!

Date: October 8, 2021 04:30

I am going for Far Away Eyes as well.

I noticed Fool To Cry has not made it back to the list of choices.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 8, 2021 05:35

rlj1010
At least the vote can't be rigged this time.

Back in 1997, during the early days of this new thing called the "world wide web", they did the song vote on the B2B tour. With 100% certainty, I rigged the vote and got them to play She's A Rainbow in Miami.

Their vote site in 1997 was extremely primitive. I just keep refreshing and re-voting over and over again.

And each time you did, the little tongue logo meter next to your song would go up. I must have voted for She's A Rainbow 5,000 times. Each time, the meter just kept going up and up and up. The 2nd place song was a long distance away. When they showed She's A Rainbow on the screen at the Miami show, I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life.

your my hero eye popping smileygrinning smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home